Trying to Fit Yoga in for Monday Nov 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morining I did Tracey's Parts Series - Strictly Upper Body & Glute Camp. Workout was 1:33" and I burned 520 calories. I also did Scaravelli Yoga from the Ground Up 60". I also did Pajama Time Yoga (YBB Masters Series) last evening. Haven't been sleeping well due to hormones and have had a migraine....due to start any day now. I'm also starting to get nervous about the job............I know....already. I don't start until next Monday! Just call me Nervous Mervis!

Jen - so, if you don't like Petra's teaching style, you mean you don't like to be taught with the layering system? That surprises me, as that's the only way I can learn the more complex stuff. I like instructors who layer and hate the ones who just throw it at you like Amy!
Hi Yve and Kel.

Have great days.

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA again for awhile. Not only have I been really busy with the holidays & everything but my FIL has been back in the hospital more than once. The first time, he lost a toe due to complications from diabetes & the second time was due to pneumonia & pleurisy. He missed Thanksgiving with the family & just got to come home on Friday. Poor fella... he's really having a rough time & it's so hard for everyone to see him going through all of this. I really hope he gets better...

This morning, I started another week of BBC, beginning with Joey's Shoulders & Back. I've been fitting yoga in every Friday but missed last week because of Thanksgiving (& I also only worked out 3 days for the same reason). I hope to fit it in again this Friday.

So what's going on with everyone? I feel like I'm completely out of the loop here now.

Lora (or should we call you "Nervous Mervis"? LOL!) - So you're starting a new job? That's great! I don't think you really liked Walgreens, did you? I hope you like this one much better. Oh yeah... great workout!

Jen - How is everything going? Did you start BBC? If so, what do you think about it? I've only done it one other week before this one but I really like it for a change of pace from Cathe.

Yve - How are you doing? I hope your pregnancy is going well & I hope you're feeling good. Are you still going to pilates & yoga classes?

Well, I better go figure out what I'm supposed to do today now. It's good to be back & I hope to have more time to "hang out" again now. Hope everyone has a great day & I'll try to pop back in later if I get a chance. Take care!

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I went to pilates class yesterday morning - and we concentrated mainly on doing feltengrais moves...It was what I needed - as the stress of the last while had made my neck,shoulders and lower back very tight.

Lora - I am going to call you Nervous Mervis ;)
Don't be nervous - you will do a great job - and just remember how nice it was to work with this doc all those years ago. I think it is natural to be nervous - especially with the job roller coaster that you have been thru. Someone once told me that the reason that we get nervous - is bc we want to do well. Believe in yourself - in your abilities - and all of your experience working in medical clinics - You will do great.

Kel - I am sorry to hear about your FIL - The poor man has been through so much. I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.
That is great that you have been able to fit in some yoga. Are you doing your own practice or have you joined a class? Yes - I am still doing both yoga and pilates - though not as much as before. I have joined both a prenatal yoga and pilates - and continue to go to my other pilates class. If I do yoga at home - I have to modify certain poses that are contraindicated for pg.. ie spinal twists - chatherungha etc.

Jen - How was the Tkgiving trip to your cousin's?
We announced the pg a few weeks back - once we got the preliminary amnio results were ok with telling people. I am still nervous about the whole thing - excited but nervous at the same time. I am happy - but cautious - does that make sense? That is great that you are taking some time for yourself to rest - and relax. How wonderful that you have been able to read 3 books... and probably the 4th by the time you read this!! Enjoy - you deserve it.

Hi to Christine - Hope all is well.

Yve

Kel - yes, I got a temp to Hire position for a Colorectal Surgeon as the front desk receptionist. I have never done electronic billing....so we shall see. I'm scared to death. The good thing is that I worked for this gentleman back in 1980....my first job in the medical field when I was 19 and he is very compassionate and a wonderful doctor. Strangely, he was also my father's surgeon years ago and performed a few surgeries on my father (one where he died on the table and they brought him back) and my father was under his care when he died. He was very compassionate thru all of that and I've spoken to him several times over the years when I worked at the hospital. His wife trained me back in 1980 and she was very strict and she is still very militant and I'm very afraid of her!! She cracks a mean whip!!

Yve - I need Feltengrais!! My hormomes are causing my pain to flare somthing fierce and then there is the added stress I'm putting myself thru being a NERVOUS MERVIS!! I will feel better once I meet everyone there and see about the eating schedule, breaks, etc.......cuz I'm nervous about not being able to eat a snack since I'll be at the front desk and I get so hungry, i get lightheaded and I can't go 6 hours without food! Also, once I start to learn the job and get over the "newness". I think I'll be okay eventually, but I like to plough thru the unpleasantries so I can get to the smoother and easier picture down the road! Just my personality.....I like to get it over with as soon as possible and sometimes I work myself up with the speculation and anticipation more than I need to!

I just had a major chocolate binge...........yikes.......PMS is horrible!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.