Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday Nov 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -
This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme Lower Body NRG premix. This is the premix that states it is 55 minutes but it's really 75 minutes. The leg part only is 55 minutes and then with the 12 min' core workout and 6 minute stretch - it s equaivalent to 55 minutes of leg work and then 12 min of core and 6 minutes of stretch. I don't know what Amy was thinking....but it's definitely longer. I only burned 300 calories doing this workout today.

I'm really tired. I can't stay awake! I fell asep on my balls last night watching Nip-Tuck and didn't wake up until 10:30 pm. I also did not hear my alarm go off this morning. It went off for a solid 1/2 hour before my DH finally had to wake me up. Yikes!

I also did 30 minutes of Kundalini last night. I did Warm up and Set 1 of Journey thru the Chakras. I really liked this one alot. We worked on opening up the bottom 3 chakras which have a lot to do with "anal retentive" "type A" personalities........no wonder the stuff felt so good for me. I definitely can be described as both of those things. LOL. I better work on the rest of my chakras later in the week or I'll be out of whack all week! LOL.

Gotta run. I'm running late for work.

August - be careful with your neck. I know I can't do some of the agressive shoulder stretches with the strap in yoga -- found out the hard way on this. I really hurt myself pulling the strap down behind my neck and stretching. It's too agressive for my injury......so I don't know what caused it, but you might want to keep your head in a more neutral position for the next few workouts and avoid looking up.

Thanks, Lora. The Rodney Yee had a kzillion sun salutes, and now that you mention it, I was indeed trying to bend back with my chin straight up in the air when standing up with the arms up above. I'll pass on that kind of movement for a while.

I've been doing my Navel Power warmup every day, just until after the BoF after the plank. I've really been enjoying even doing just that warmup.

I swung by work today and got my Rainbeau Pure Power and Pure Sweat. I'm thinking to do one of them tonight if I can digest my meal and not fall asleep.

And um, Lora, what in the world balls did you fall asleep on? :eek:

August - I use Yamuna balls and Elaine Petrone balls. You place them under your neck, shoulders and down your spine and you lie on them and release your spasms into them. It's a technique of self massage.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamuna-Rolling-Beginners-Yellow-Workout/dp/B0006HCE8S

(there is a website for Yamuna - but I can't find it right now...I'm at work). It probably explains better. Do a search for Yamuna balls and you should find it.

or www.elainepetrone.com for more info. I love them and use them every night for all of my spasms, trigger points throughout my back, shoulders and neck.

(ETA - the red and green yamuna's are the best. I think the yellow one is a bit too soft)

found it:

www.Yamunabodyrolling.com

August- hope that neck gets better! Glad you figured out the ice LOL!! Heat is good too.

Lora- thank you!! Got the package today. I hope to be able to check one out tonight after the kids go to bed. The little stinkers didn't go to sleep at nap time, so early to bed for them!

I did Supersets then BC UB premix. Great WO!

Hello to everyone! Ready for Thanksgiving feasts???? LOL!!!:9

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey, guys, my neck is doing pretty well...just a little twinge in it when I look all the way in one direction. Thanks for all the info and help!

The Yamuna balls look interesting. It somehow reminded me of, though totally different, something I bought ages ago called a Ma Roller - a piece of wood shaped to roll, with a pocket carved out for your spine. When I was using that, it would pop all sorts of stuff back into place. That was when I was having a root canal problem and my back would get out of whack all the time. I'll check out more about the balls to see if I should add one in to my Amazon order.

ETA : Oh, I found the Ma Roller

http://www.themaroller.com/

Hi everyone! I was sick over the weekend and stayed in bed all day Saturday-completely wiped out. I stayed in bed 1/2 day Sunday, but felt better by the afternoon. I did my evening workout on Sunday-GS chest, twice through, repeating the drop sets of push-ups three times-but doing "beginner" push-ups on the final set. Tonight I did GS Legs. I had the intention of going twice through, but did not make it all the way-legs were shaking too badly. It's my last week on the Gym Style series and I want to get the most burn I can out of it, since I probably won't get back around to it for another few months. My chest was so sore today, but it felt good, too. At 35-I really need pumping up in that area! x(

Lora-Nice workout! Good grief-75 minutes on lower body! How do you do it? Your yoga workout sounded awesome, as well. Is the Journey through the Chakras a Ravi and Ana one? That sounds like one I would like. I really enjoy reading about the chakras, too. Have you done much reading about them or are you just learning about them through the yoga DVDs? If you happen to read anything interesting, let me know!

Megadoo-So cool that you will have more variety to your yoga collection. You'll have to tell me how you like the Kundalini, since I still haven't tried it yet. (I have a few DVDs ahead of it on Netflix.) What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Are you hosting? If so, you will need that yoga!

August-I am sorry to hear about your neck!! ;( That'll teach you trying to rearrange those chakras! :) I have that Rodney Yee in my Netflix queue, but now I am scared of it! Other than it being the most painful experience in your young yoga life :eek:-how did you like it otherwise? I need details...set, music, relaxation length, spirituality, etc.

I'm going back to review what I missed since Friday and try to get back to any unanswered questions, if any. Be back in a minute if I find something.

Jen

August- "The Rodney Yee one I did last night is called Rodney Yee's This is Inter/Ad You Lame Over-Enthusiastic Beginner Here's A Power Pain In Your Neck Yoga." LMAO!!! :+ :+ :+ :+ About your wheel pose on your head thing, I have seen it done, but you still have to be strong enough to have most of the support on your heads and not be resting on your head-so basically it is just better if you can wait until you have the arm strength to do the full wheel. It takes almost as much arm strength to do the variation safely. The Yoga Journal "meat" article was in the magazine, but they may have it online also. I will try to find it for you and post the link.

Yve-I was reading about your chakra tribute at the end of your astanga class. Interesting! How did you feel during and after? Did anything connect with you or did it seem hokey? Hope it was a great experience for you!

Lora-I still haven't done the Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat, but I did preview it over the weekend and I am formulating a review. It's TTOTM for me, so I will just finish my GS rotation this week and follow it with my usual week of yoga. That's when I will try to get back to Rainbeau. BTW, I got a notice that my BPAL oils shipped 11/08 and I was SO EXCITED. Then, I realized it was 11/18 and still haven't received them when it says they shipped priority mail. I contacted Customer Service and they said the ship confirmation was an error on CCNow's part. :( They did say that shipping would occur soon, though! :)

Jen

I did my cardio since DH worked late. I did Imax3 step only premix, then the blast only premix. THen I did some yoga for about 25 min.

Jen- NO I am not hosting! But going to mom's to help cook and hang out and stuff. I love it. I pig out on shrimp with my dad. I love the family get togethers. And I love pie!!

DUH!! Forgot to say, the yoga was Ravi and Ana'sKundalini Yoga for beginners and beyond. I did Set two, relaxation, meditation, and closisng prayer. I have to say, I liked the relax and meditation parts. BUT, I really need to do alot more practicing. My mind is like a neverending rollercoaster, going this way and that.
I guess that is a new goal to set for myself. Plus, I need to do it with NO interruptions, like my DH!! LOL!
All in all, so far so good wiht the Kundalini. But it is just a start for me. I did feel real good afterwards.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies,

Tonight I did Seane Corn's long version Vinyasa. I was supposed to go to my restorative yoga class tonight but worked late and missed it - so Seane it was.

Lora - The chakras relating to personality types is quite interesting. I didn't realize this - I had thought they were more to do with particular emotions and characteristics. ie - I thought the bottom chakra had to do with fertility - the next one with love etc.

August - hope your neck feels better soon. Wow - you are in accumulation mode - LOL! Good for you:) I may soon be adding them to my collection also - as I currently only have 2 yoga dvds. Both Rodney and Rainbeau seem interesting - as do the Ravi and Ana... and I have already decided on Eion Finn.

Megadoo - I find it hard to meditate also. When I find my mind is going to stressful places during meditation - I start saying and visualizing 'chair' - It blanks me out for a second - so that I can continue once again. Your Tksgiving celebrations sound lovely.

Jenn - Sorry you were under the weather on the weekend - It is something else that you were able to Gym Styles on Sunday given you had a flu. I really did enjoy the tribute to the chakras on Saturday. I have clicked with my Saturday morning yoga teacher - and really enjoy her style of teaching - as well as the philosophy she brings to her class.

Have a nice evening everyone.
Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.