Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday May 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey's Circuit Zone. I shortened the warm up and cool segments and a couple other ones to shorten the workout. Still figuring what poundage to use for this one and didn't have that great of a workout. Workout was 63" and I only burned 335 calories.

Have great workouts everyone. I can't believe it's Monday already!

Good morning -

Let's see, I don't think I checked in last Friday so I guess I'll start there. I did Sarah Lurie's Iron Core Vol. 2 & continued with 2-arm swings during the rest periods in order to intensify the workout. I also tried out my 20-pound kettlebell during a couple of the rest periods & ended up having a fantastic workout. Unfortunately, I also ended up with some lower back soreness that persisted throughout the weekend. It wasn't an injured type of sore but rather a muscle soreness & it was all gone by yesterday evening. I guess maybe the kettlebells work the back muscles too? Either that or my form is off & I just need to practice more. In any event, I can certainly tell how differently kettlebells work my muscles & I'm looking forward to continuing to use them.

This week, I decided to get back to Cathe's 4DS so I did Kickbox plus Legs, Calves, & Core this morning. I decided to go ahead & do two more weeks of 4DS prior to my trip to Denver & then just take a whole week off in order to enjoy my trip. I know we'll fit in some exercise while we visit some of the parks out there anyway & I'll probably also pack a resistance band in case I decide I need to do a bit more. But mostly, I think I'll just need to use it as a nice rest week & have some fun. That's why I decided to go ahead & lift as heave as possible for the next two weeks.

Lora - Sorry your weekend went by so darn fast & sorry you didn't feel like you had that great of a workout this morning too. I hope you have a good (& fast) week, though, & I hope your workouts improve too.

Jen - Hope you're doing well & getting in some nice walks.

Yve - Just wanted to say HI in case yo pop in later.

Oh, about our trip to Denver. It's sort of a business/political trip but that portion only lasts from Friday morning, 5/23, through Monday noon, 5/26. But we're traveling on Sunday, 5/18, so we can fit in a nice 5 day vacation first. We're planning to take in a lot of sights & just have a good time before the business portions of the trip begins so I'm looking forward to it.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was 45 minutes of brisk walking. I felt REALLY light-headed during the walk, but the weather was absolutely gorgeous today so I stayed out as long as I could. Yesterday's WO was Low Impact Step followed by Ripped, upper body segments only. I have been feeling pretty good the past couple of days...which really worries me. Feeling bad/queasy is a good pregnancy sign, so you actually WANT to feel that way, believe it or not. I still have some other symptoms (that you would probably rather not hear about ;) ) so I am not completely freaking out yet. My ultrasound appt isn't until the 19th and it feels like the time is dragging on and on!

Lora-How was Iron Man? How's Brookie doing? Hope she is still doing well!

Kel-Your trip sounds really nice! I am looking forward to it already and I am not even the one that's going! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.