Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday Jan 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Keli Roberts Timesaver Lower Body & Core and Upper Body and Core. This had lots of pushups in it! Can't get away from them. Workout was 62" and I burned 298 calories. Last night, I did Candlelight Yoga and it felt good.

Have great workouts everyone. Ugh......don't want to go to work. Still haven't started TTOTM as scheduled and I'm feeling really down and nervous about work. Still haven't been sleeping either......darned hormones!

Jill - I'll be anxious to see what you think of Eion. I love him...but he's a bit different. If you like P90X yoga, I think you should like the full workout (longest premix) as I just did it yesterday after doing P90X yoga a few times and I think it's pretty comparable....has ab work in it, etc., but of course PY4H has the wonderful premixes on it! My PY4H Vol 2 Surf Edition should be here mid-February. I can't wait.

Good morning to everyone! I did 30 minutes of rolling hills on the elliptical, followed by the standing portion (~15-20 minutes) of Tae Bo's Boot Camp Abs. I have to replace the battery in my HRM as it died recently and I need it when I use the elliptical...it feels easier than it is, and I want to make sure I don't drive my HR up too far.

DD has been sick throughout the weekend and still had a fever last night so she'll be staying home today, which means I won't be going to school today either. I have some chores and schoolwork to do, but I might go ahead and do one of the Namaste workouts today since I know I'll have the time.

Have a great day ladies!

Good morning yoga ites. Monday -where did the weekend go? Today's workout will be Core Synergistics. Looking forward to doing this one, as it has been 4 weeks since the last time I did it. I really need to focus on my eating these last 3 weeks. I am retaining some water ( I can tell with my rings) and the scale has show a 2 lb increase. Which, I know, isn't alot, but when you are petite-every lb counts. Just like on everyone I guess. I really want to get my BF% down for the marathon training. Does anyone have calipers to measure that they like, are they accurate?

Lora-I hear you on going back to work. I had dreams about my work thiw weekend. One was that I was late, and couldn't get my computer turned on and then my shift was over. I was really worried about getting in trouble. When do you find out if you are an official employee or maybe you want to just be temp and look for something else?

Jill-Do you do alot of Tae Bo? I did alot 'back in the day' I just love Billy. So encoraging. My favs are the Tae bo Advanced 1 & 2.
Those are some tough workouts. There is alot of sickness floating around. I hope your DD feels better.

So my cooking this week was a little limited (maybe my cooking is why the weight gain?:) ) Anyhoo, I ended up making baked chicken with a parmesean crust. I served this with spring greens on top,and put my own vinagrette (EVOO,dijon mustard,lemon,salt, fresh cracked pepper) dressing sprinkled all over this. Very good.

Carrie

Morning ladies,

Weekend was over in a flash! Spent some time working on Saturday - and went over to my parents for dinner. Sunday went shopping with DH for baby. Overall a fun weekend. I did get out to pre-natal yoga on Saturday - but missed pilates yesterday morning.

Not sure what I will do today...I feel quite sore... maybe I will just go downstairs and use the treadmill for a bit.

Have a great day ladies. Will catch up with you a bit later.
Yve

Carrie, I keep it somewhat regularly in my routine. I was actually a die hard Tae Bo fan for the longest time and actually went through Billy's certification camp (went to train with him in CA) and became an instructor in July of 2006. I taught at my church for several months (did not want to teach at a gym) but then realized that I would actually rather be a student than an instructor...it's more fun for me that way. That, the fact that school and family had to be a higher priority, and training for recertification camp (you have to go back every year) simply sucked the fun out of my workouts, caused me to stop teaching. I stopped teaching at the end of last April and went through a MAJOR burnout and didn't do Tae Bo for MONTHS. I just started doing it again this past fall but don't always have it in me to do one of his cardio workouts.

They just finished making 9 new videos and it sounds like they may actually be similar to the old Live Advanced ones, which were my absolute favorite. If they do, I hope he has better music than he has in his latest few series...he made the music, but it's just not my cup of tea. So I'll wait and see if I can preview anything before buying, though.

I had always been so good with my exercise routine ever since I started working out after having DD...and I was in such good shape, both physically and especially cardiovascularly, when I was teaching. After I stopped, I lost muscle mass, gained fat, and lost my cardiovascular endurance and I have really been struggling to get myself back to somewhere close to where I was before...I think it will take a while, too :-( But I'm getting there!

Oh, and speaking of Get Ripped Advanced 1...I think it is his hardest workout and after taking live classes with him during certification camp, it actually felt SLOW when I did it at home afterwards!

Afternoon everyone!

Wow, it has been pretty crazy here. Perfect sunny skies this morning, so I decided to head to the gym... on the way home this insane blizzard rolled in and I had zero visibility on the interstate. There was a huge pile-up by my exit, I was only about 1/4 mile behind it-- several semis & cars involved, going both north & south-bound. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Things like that always make you pause. So I'm a little distracted today--my thoughts are with those involved.

We're all doing okay here, just busy. It's been a challenge to get everything done lately. Saturday I managed to get a swim & run in, and today I went 2.6 miles on the treadmill and 10 miles on the bike. It felt good-- I pushed pretty hard to make up for workouts missed over the last few days... :) Hope to get some good P.M. yoga in tonight to decompress.

Hope everyone is doing well; Jill hope your DD gets feeling better soon-- it's so hard when your little ones aren't well... I always wish I could take it away, it breaks my heart.

Hi Ladies-

Finally home from work....YAY!!

Jill - Do you have any of the Amped series Tae Bo? I sort of like them. I think the bar is good. At first, it felt awkward, but after I got used to it....I liked it. I agree that Live's were the best. I have the entire Live collection on VHS! Love them...but rarely do them lately. Why don't you want to jack your HR up too high on the Elliptical? The Elliptical feels easy......geez!! not for me! I dread the Elliptical and need to use it more often. Is rolling hills an program on the machine or a DVD?

Carrie - yikes....I retain water a LOT cuz I have to take Advil pretty much on a daily basis for my pain and it makes you retain water. I also have IBS...so my belly is usually pretty bloated from GI distress. I can't believe you're not sick of Core Synergestics! I guess you don't do it as much in the Classic rotation. I've been doing it a lot in the Lean rotation! I have no idea when I will get offered a job at the place I'm working....but it seems the last couple days, my manager is finally starting to see that I'm doing a decent job...whereas before, she was only seeing my screw-ups. KNOCK ON WOOD.....don't want to jinx myself. I've been hitting my knees every morning and praying pretty intensely about this stupid job........so hopefully God will keep giving me the strength and ability to get through it.

Brighton - where do you live? That's some wicked weather.

Yve - Hi - sounds like you had a great weekend.

Lora- I was reading your post-and it made me think of a quote, I will share it with you later. Is this a job you want? I'll start praying for you too! I was just thinking with all the stress and pressure they put you under, is it healthy? I am glad they are starting to realize you are a good employee--maybe they were just 'hazing' you to see if you were tough enough?:)

Brighton, I'm so glad you're okay! That must have been scary to be so close to such a big accident.

Lora, I do have the Amped set. I have found that the Amped workouts, over all the others, trims the waist the most. Do you have Rockin' Abs or Rockin' Buns? It's part of the Amped series. Both are about 45 minutes long and really good...on Rockin' Buns I feel that using the bar is very awkward so I use 3# ankle weights instead and I'm sore for days afterwards! I have Live Advanced 1-7 but have yet to find 8-12 (and I'm not willing to pay $50 on ebay, either!). As far as heartrate goes, I do like to get my heart rate up to about 85% but I just don't want to go into anaerobic mode and I cannot tell as easily with an elliptical as I can with other workouts. I like the elliptical because it does not aggravate my knees and I find it really works my thighs, too :) I think it feels easier (of course that's a relative term! LOL) to me simply because I do not feel the pounding from impact. I have a machine that has several programs and the hill feature is my favorite because it changes intensity without my having to do anything. I did get a new battery in my HRM watch today!

Yve, you are doing so well with your workouts! I didn't do anything while I was pregnant...probably part of the reason why I gained 50 pounds! But at least I quit smoking the day I found out I was pregnant.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.