Trying To Fit Yoga In for Monday Jan 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did P90X+ total body and part of the abs/core. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 408 calories.

Running late............huge BPAL update this morning.......Lupercalia...or Valentine's Day.

Have great workouts everyone.

Today's workout will be sholders/arms, abripper, and maybe, just maybe some addl cardio. Who knows? Or maybe some fab yoga? Will be back to report later. Have a great Monday everyone!

Jen- so happy to hear you are a foodie too. The Food Network was what really got me started too. This is so crazy, but I really like Ina Garten. Not necessarily for her style ( she's a little frumpy) but her meals are always quite delicious and simple. I have a love/hate with Giada. She does make good stuff, but she annoys me? She is so pretty though, so maybe I am a teensy bit jealous? Post some receipes if you have time! It's busy at my job too, with tax stuff. Ugh!

Carrie

Good morning everyone -

This is week 2 of Cathe's 4DS for me so this morning was Kickboxing plus Legs, adding Calves, & then back to Abs & Stretch. I'm not a very big fan of cardio & I love lifting weights but I hate to do my legs for some reason so I'm glad to get this out of the way early in the week. That's why I add the calves in too... so I can work all of my legs & not have to go back to it later in the week. I also love the fact that the cardio sections are so short in this series. This has been a perfect fit for me so I hope the new STS will work for me too. I still haven't decided about that one yet. I wasn't able to fit in any yoga over the weekend, although I did think about doing some yesterday since I was up about 2 hours before my DH... but since I didn't know how long he would sleep in, I just drank coffee & read until he (& the dog) got up. I think I may do BBC for a couple of weeks starting next week but I'm not sure about that yet either. I'll have to let you know when I make up my mind.

Lora - Are you enjoying the new P90X+ series? Would it be good as a stand-alone series or do you think I'd need to buy P90X too? Hope you have a better week at work this week!

Carrie - Hope you have a good workout. I enjoy food & cooking too but I don't watch the food network much. I don't have much time to cook during the week but I try to make up for it over the weekend.

Yve - Hope you're feeling good & I hope you can fit in some prenatal yoga &/or pilates this week too.

Jen - It's so good to have you back! I'm glad you're feeling better & able to fit in some good workouts too.

Jill - Hope you have time to chat today!

Well, I better get back to work for now. I hope everyone has a good & uneventful Monday. I'll peek back in later to see what everyone else is up to. Take care!

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a nice day.
I had to go into the office today for a half day and discuss HR stuff with them. It was wet snowing this morning and the traffic was terrible. This is the one part of tele-commuting that has spoiled me in the last month... I do not miss the busy commute.

Tonight I will do the Shiva Rea prenatal dvd - and then just relax.

Is anyone going to be watching the 'sequel' to Dancing with the Stars this season? Not sure what it is called - but two of the judges I think will be hosting it.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Hi again -

DH is gone to a meeting so I just thought I'd pop back in to report a nice yoga practice. I created a nice, calming lunar practice using the yoga matrix on Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rea. It was about 45 minutes long & left me feeling nice & relaxed. In fact, I'm pretty darn sleepy right now... but I still have a few things to do before I can head to bed. A few days ago, somebody (I think it was Carrie) asked me how I would classify Yoga Shakti & although I think Lora would probably be the most knowledgeable person to answer this, I think this DVD could be described as both hatha & ashtanga because you can create a faster moving, intense, heat-building practice or you can do a nice, slow, calming & relaxing practice. That's what I find so nice about this DVD & why I reach for it more than any other I own right now.

Yve - Sorry about your commute to work this morning. It has gotten really cold here but still not much snow. They are calling for some tonight. I've watched Dancing with the Stars in the past but I'm not planning to watch the "sequel". I'll probably start watching American Idol when it starts...

Hope everyone has a nice evening & I'll be back tomorrow. Take care!

Hi ladies! Got home late from work. I started with Tae Bo Celebrity Fit Cardio but the pace was just too fast, so I stopped it and continued with a semi-workout in the form of Hip Hop Abs Cardio I. Totally off the subject, but I forgot to add the other day that I ordered CTX & Hardcore Extreme with the STS preorder. I already got my shipping notice that they will be delivered on my birthday (Wednesday)....yea! :) I am excited about it since it seems to get rave reviews, even though it is one of her older workouts.

Lora-What time do you usually go to bed to get up as early as you do? Have you always been a morning exerciser? I have to find a way to move my workouts to the mornings-there are just too many nights I get stuck at work or in traffic. I am also interested in your answer to Kel's question about P90X and P90X+...and I am thankful for your experience with all these workouts, you really are our DVD expert! :)

Carrie-I will look into Ina Garten-I have not heard of her. I have cookbooks by Rachel Ray and Nigella Lawson and to be fair to both, I have not cooked from either cookbook! :eek: LOL! I tear a lot of recipes out of magazines like Real Simple and that's probably the place I get most of my ideas. I will let you know the next time I come across something good.

Kel-Yea! We are finally posting on the same day! Feels like we keep missing each other! I am so glad to hear about your results with the 4DS. I really need to commit to that series. I haven't given it much time in my DVD player, mostly because of the cardio. The bootcamp doesn't really interest me (haven't even tried it), the kickboxing was pretty good, I LOVE LIS, but can't seem to get combo 3 in HIS-so I tend to shelf the whole series and not think about it much. I am also considering a Barry's rotation in the near future, but I think my next rotation will be FitnessFreak's latest leg rotation-it looks really good and since that's where I really need help more than ever-I think I'll try it. How are things at work for you? Any better yet? Is there any hope on the horizon?

Yve-I know what you mean about the commute! It makes me feel so robbed of time sometimes. No Dancing with the Stars for me, but I do love to watch dancing. Any dancing movies you would recommend? I really like Strictly Ballroom (a parody of ballroom dancing competitions)-have you seen it? It's a few years old, but so cute. It's funny that you asked that question about the show because it got me thinking that we don't talk much about TV on the forum! I guess we are all so busy there isn't much time for it.

Now that I've written a book, it's bedtime. Hi to Jill if you check-in later!

Have a great night ladies!

Hi ladies! Whoo, I've been busy! Today I started school and realized that, while I'm still doing the lab work on MWF for the next two weeks, afternoon workouts are out of the question so I'm back to morning workouts. I've been sleeping better lately and I'm a morning person anyway so it shouldn't be too bad.

The other day I ordered Namaste Yoga and I'm looking forward to getting it! I didn't get in an afternoon workout today as I was just too busy but I am going to do a short yoga video after DD goes to bed (she doesn't want to tonight).

I've been reading about the cooks and non-cooks here. I personally hate to cook and when I do, it's usually something pretty easy. Tonight was a rather lazy hot dogs and beans night, but they were Coleman Natural, with no nitrates or anything like that. Still higher in fat than I would like. I looked at the list of things we're planning on making this week and last night I realized that many of them were not as healthy as I would like. So I can either 'healthy' them up as much as I can or simply make myself something else.

I need to go peel DH away from the Wii now and help me set up the new computer monitor I picked up today. It will be nice to be able to use a desktop computer again as I have used my laptop for so long!

Tomorrow is my first day of my actual internship. Thankfully the weather is supposed to be nice (almost in the 50's!) because out there I will be outside for most of my day.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Hi ladies -- do you mind terribly if I join your group? I've been trying to figure out where I'd best fit... and I really feel like you guys are it, if you'll have me! ;-)

Right now I'm a 30 yr old stay-at-home mom of two, loving the craziness that all that entails. Obviously love Cathe too, and a big yoga fan as well. I just love Shiva. She's my fave.

It's so funny hearing you guys talk about Food Network... I'm a total foodie as well, I actually minored in Culinary Arts in college. I like Ina too (in college I actually used to watch her when she'd visit Martha Stewart's show), and enjoy watching Giada, although sometimes I wonder if she actually eats what she cooks? She is so thin for all that fab Italian food. :p

I'm actually off to do a little calm yoga practice before I crash tonight... I'm training for a sprint triathlon this summer (you might have seen our new thread, there's a few of us doing one) so today was swim and treadmill. Tomorrow is bike & PUB.

All the best to you guys! Hope to chat more soon!

~Brighton

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.