Trying To Fit Yoga In for Monday Dec 31

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Keli Roberts Timesaver Breakthrough Lower Body and Core and Breakthrough Upper Body and Core 60" followed by the Cardio Sculpt segment on Prevention's Big Weight Loss Fast. Workout was 1 hour and 15 minutes and I burned 413 calories.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm back to work today so I won't be around until late.

Jill - Miranda (from Classical Stretch) is a goof....and not very good at cueing. I like her.....but some people may not. She's totally off the wall. She can really get you stretched out though and she works the abs and butt good. I like her Intense Athletic STretch DVD and I use the Back Pain one a lot. I'll be interested to see what you think.

Rainbeau's Dusk and Dawn DVDs are not too intense....but not really so easy that they are restorative either. Dusk is meant to be done at the end of the day and Dawn in the AM....although I do them both whenever I feel like it and they are fine. Dusk has a lot of hip openers and then she goes into shoulderstand towards the end and I like this sequence since all of those hip openers release a great deal of toxins from the hip area and shoulderstand helps redistribute the blood and flush the toxins out. Dawn has a segment where you do belly pumping (which is strange -- but I always do this DVD when my gut is not feeling too good and it always helps). Rainbeau doesn't have anything advanced out....but she's supposed to be coming out with new stuff soon.

I forgot to mention Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart last night. This is also a great DVD....but not real power yoga-ish either. It's relaxing and just a bit strenuous but it always leaves me feeling great and it's filmed in the Blueridge mountains......and Tilak's easy on the eyes too! LOL. His webiste is www.TilakPyle.com or you can buy it at www.Fitnessorganica.com.

Rainbeau and Shiva are available at Amazon and Eion Finn's Power yoga for Happiness (which is more powerful vinyasa flow yoga) is available at Amazon, but his other DVDs are available on his website www.EionFinnyoga.com (Eion's is available at Amazon for as low as $14 - I was gonna copy the link here but it made the page really long. You can search for Eion's by entering Power Yoga for Happiness).

Namaste yoga's are the ones from Fit TV (which I don't get) I have both seasons on DVD. They are about 23" long and more of a Hatha type yoga.....but they are great at night before bed.....or in the morning after a workout. If you need the URL, let me know and I'll go find it for you. If you get Fit TV, you can probably tape some of them.

I better go get ready for work.

Yve - glad to hear you are doing well. I wish I could take a feltenngrais class around here. I think it would help my neck. Did you enjoy your Shiva prenatal yoga DVD? I never knew she made a pre-natal one.

Hi Kel and Jen !

Good morning :)

Thanks for all the suggestions Lora! I am going to copy and paste it to a word document so I can refer back to it. I didn't do the classical stretch this morning but I watched it. I do like her...I liked it when she was doing a side to side stretch and she said it was like rubbing your bum along a bench :)

This morning I did the first 20 min or so of Tae Bo's Ultimate Boot Camp but because my shoulders were still sore from Saturday's power yoga and I didn't want to absolutely fry them I turned it off when they put on the bands and I put in Basic Step. It's been a few weeks since I've done a step workout and I forgot how much I like them. Unfortunately doing too much step hurts my knees so I have to limit how much I do it.

I think I've also figured out how to fit in everything I want (weights, cardio, yoga)...I can do my regular workout in the morning and then in late afternoon/early evening I can do a shorter yoga workout with DD. Of course, that is ideal but we'll see how it actually works out ;-)

Yve-how far along are you?

Good afternoon everyone -

So... I got to work today & we're in the process of moving. They keep changing the actual moving date but we all have almost everything packed & are now working without email or internet access. I totally forgot about that when I left this morning... I was thinking that I could get online & chat to help pass the time. So that didn't happen & since I receive most of my work via email, I also didn't have much to do. I went out at lunch to grab a salad & maybe pick up a magazine but I couldn't find anything that I really wanted to spend $5 on. Needless to say, the day was excruciatingly s-l-o-w & I probably won't be around much until we get moved & I get back online.

Anyway, this morning, I did LIC & really enjoyed it. Since I'm off work tomorrow, I'm hoping to fit in a nice long yoga practice & I'm looking forward to that too. I'll try to visit sometime during the day & let you know what I decide to do... if I get the chance.

Lora - Great workout (of course)! I hope your job is still going well & I hope you enjoyed your time off. Are you off again tomorrow too?

Jill - Welcome! It's great to have you here & I'm looking forward to getting to know you more in the future.

Yve - I haven't had much time to spend around here lately but I skimmed your message the other day. Glad to hear you're doing well & keeping up with your pilates & yoga classes. Sorry you're feet have been bothering you, though.

Jen - Hi if you check in later. Hope all is well with you & hope you had a nice holiday!

Well, I better run. I've got to return something & I'm going to do a little shopping while I'm out too. Hope everyone has a great New Year's & I hope I can still visit while I'm waiting to be relocated. If not, I'll be back when we get settled into our new office.

Take care!

Kel - hang in there with moving...that's stressful.

Jill - I forgot to mention Mark Blanchard's Yoga. If you want hard yoga, he's your man. His practices are longer ...most of them 60-90"...and he truly is tough. I don't do his practices that often....cuz it would mean having to skip a traditional weight day to do the practice. Check his site out www.progressivepoweryoga.com and also there is a clip at Collage of one of his DVDs.

Thanks Lora! I've seen his workouts on Collage. I looked briefly at the website but will look more tomorrow when I have more time. Sometimes it's such a toss-up to me as to whether I want to do power yoga or traditional weights...I love them both! I love the results I get from lifting weights but school tends to stress me out so I would do much better to have more yoga in my life.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.