Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday Dec 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Jari Love's Get Ripped and Chiseled and I added on Abs and Stretch from Cindy Whitmarsh's Fat Burning Boot Camp. Workout was 1 hour and 15 minutes and I burned 348 calories.

Considering the christmas cookies and chocolate I consumed over the weekend, I should do circuits the rest of the week. Stress in my life = chocolates and sweets ....unfortunately!

I listened to my own music while doing the above workout.......as it's the only way I can do a Jari DVD. I find Jari's workouts to lack that fun factor that Cathe and other DVDs have. I can't wait for the new P90X stuff to come out!

Jen - I know you said you got more responsibility on your job. I wouldn't want to take on any more. I'm learning billing/insurance/coding and front dest also at my new job and I haven't even begun to tackle the phone or schedule.....so it's a lot of new stuff for me. I'm horrible at Math....so the insurance/billing and write off's/deposits and day sheets are a major challenge for me. I've struggled with Math my whole life. Also, the software system is different than what I've used and then there's coding software ...both diagnosis and procedure code programs to learn and there's also a system for looking up EOB's (explanation of benefits).........EOB's are another story...as I have to learn how to read those and each ins. co is different. We'll see how I do................but I'm not feeling very confident....which is just normal for me with my low self esteem. I know I should try to be more positive...but I have a hard time.

Have a great day ladies. I ordered 3 new yoga DVDs last night. I'll keep you ladies posted if they are any good.

Good morning everyone!

Back from my trip to Charleston where it was 77 degrees when we left at 9:30 a.m. yesterday morning. I wish we could have stayed longer but we had a really nice time while we were there, though. We also got our Christmas tree when we got back yesterday. It's up in the stand but no decorations yet. I plan to work on that tonight. I'm starting to feel very overwhelmed with the holidays right now, though. I haven't even started my cards yet so I need to get those done this week, finish Christmas shopping, wrap all the gifts (no, DH doesn't help with any of this... although he always wants it all done), & mail several to my DH's sis & family in FL. I also have a newsletter to finish for my DH & it needs to be mass mailed before the end of the year. Plus, my company's Christmas party is this Friday (obligation mostly... but it's usually sort of fun too). All of that, on top of work & all the normal responsibilities of life is just making me feel very stressed right now. I hope I can work it all out so I can relax & enjoy too. I usually really like Christmas but it just seems like it's all happening so darn fast this year for some reason. Is anyone else feeling this way?

After not working out & eating like total crap for 4 days, I started the 4DS again this week (I did Kickbox plus Legs & Abs this morning). I'm also trying to get my eating back on track again too. That's so difficult during this time of the year because it seems like somebody is always offering food or wanting to go out to eat. So I guess if I can just keep up with some intense workouts & try to do the best I can with my eating, it will be okay.

Lora - Great workout! I'm not usually much of a sweets eater but I can totally relate to overindulging in sweets over the weekend. It's like, once I start, I can't seem to stop! Hope things are still going well with your new job & I hope you find time to visit again later.

Jen - Guess we're both doing the same workout routine this week! I really like the 4DS because it really doesn't have much of a dread factor for me... not too much cardio & just enough good, heavy weight work. I think I'll do this for the next 2 weeks & then do something different during the week of Christmas. Then, maybe I'll start BBC again after New Year's.

Yve - Hope you're doing well & keeping up with your prenatal pilates & yoga classes. Hope you get a chance to pop in & chat later too!

Well, I better get back to work. Since I was out for 2 days last week, I'm a little behind & there's plenty to do. So I hope everyone has a great day & I'll try to pop back in later to see what's going on. Take care!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a good day.

I went to pilates yesterday - but no workout today. I have my year end projects to wrap up - as Friday is my last day till the New Year.

I ordered 3 dvds today - Shiva Reas prenatal yoga; Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix and Erin O'Brien's Complete Pregnancy Fitness.

Jen - Thanks for asking about my parents. They are doing well. Dad seems to be responding well to his new meds - so am keeping my fingers crossed that he will be ok from here on in. We see the cardiologist tomorrow - so will update you then. I must have missed the post about your new job responsibilities. Is it a new position - or have you changed jobs?

Lora - I am sorry that you are dealing with this stress. It is always overwhelming when we are dealing with new responsibilities and challenges. But believe in yourself - and you will get thru this.

Kel - Gosh - Charleston - and warm weather sound amazing right about now. We have had cold and snowy weather for the last several weeks. I am in the same boat as you re the holidays. Have only bought a couple of things - have not done any baking, decorating etc etc etc or cards as of yet. The holidays have just crept up this year.

I am feeling guilt today... I ate at least 20 chocolate covered almonds this afternoon.. Poor little bean... he was on a sugar high today. No wonder he was kicking!

Have a nice evening ladies.
Yve

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was IMAX Extreme. I have no idea why I chose that one. I just started thinking about it on the way home and decided on it. Of course, about 38 minutes in to it I was exhausted and wondering what I was thinking, but I finished it! :) I also ate bad today. Our vendors are sending us YUMMY tins of cookies and I have been enjoying quite a few on a daily basis.

Oops, Dinner is ready-I will be back afterward for quick personals.

Lora-How is Ripped and Chiseled from a results standpoint? Are you getting results with it? How does it differ from Jari's other workouts? I will be interested to hear your reviews on the new yoga DVDs!

Kel-Charleston sounds really nice. What did you do while you were there? That wouldn't be much of a drive for me-maybe I could consider it for a weekend trip or something. LOL on your DH not helping with the wrapping of presents. Mine likes to show his "support" by "keeping me company" while falling asleep on the couch. :+ I can relate to how quickly time is passing. This is my busiest time of year at work! x(

Yve-How nice that you get such a long break at the end of the year! I am so jealous! :p No guilt on those chocolate covered almonds! (BTW, I love those too!) There are many worse things you could have eaten. Too funny about your little (jumping and kicking) bean! :D

Off to shower and to bed! Have a nice evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.