Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday April 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Ugh....it's Monday already. Where do the weekends go?

This morning I did Tracey's Circuit Zone 50" premix. I added on the warmup segment (since it was not included in this premix). I went as heavy as possible on upper body. A lot of the lower body work was unweighted. I will probably put ankle weights on for the kicking section next time and a heavier med ball to the standing wood chop section. The foam roller segment was extremely short. She only rolls out hips and thighs and that's it. I continued and rolled my spasms out in my back for a few minutes. Workout was 70" and I burned 412 calories. Not a real big calorie burner here! I also added on Core Blast Bosu segment....but since my weights were put away, I did it unweighted....so am not counting it as ab work.

My lower body felt worked from this somewhat....but not sure about upper. I think we only did one set of weight work for each upper body part. Maybe the full workout would have more? I'll be surprised if my upper body gets sore from this workout.

Jen - I'm glad you liked Baby Mama. We saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and it was okay.....not super funny but so/so. It surely was different with lots of strange characters in it. I bet your husband will get more excited as you start to show and he can see the baby on sonograms and feel it kicking. Will you be finding out the sex, or are you going to wait and be surprised. Again, I can't believe how excited I am for you. It's amazing what they can do these days. I guess all of that clinical stuff you hated payed off. I hope you start to get back into your workouts soon so you can enjoy yourself. Will you be allowed to work out throught most of your pregnancy?

Have great days everyone.

Good morning -

Guess what?!? I got kettlebells yesterday!!! I still had $100 of b-day money so I went to Dick's & got a 15-pound & 20-pound kettlebell, along with 2 workouts. I "played around" with them last night & did my first full workout this morning using the 15-pounder & I loved it! I wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow? Lora?

Lora - The workout you did this morning sounds good but I understand about feeling you didn't fully work your whole body. I like total body workouts but I want to be left feeling like I really worked my entire body. That's one thing I already like about the kettlebells now that I've tried them out. So now that I have them, I have a question. What are your absolute favorite KB workouts? Any advice you want to offer would be great.

Jen - Congratulations! I am so happy for you & I hope everything goes well. Please continue to keep us updated...

Better go for now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Kel - Wow...congrats on the KB's!! Welcome to the KB club! My absolute fave's are Keith Weber's - The Extreme Cardio Kettlebell Workout (beach workout that is nonstop) available at www.DragonDoor.com and anything by Anthony Delugio's www.ArtofStrength.com (good music). From AOS, my fave is Providence. Although, these have no instruction........but you can check out instructions with pictures at www.Bodybuilding.com and on Anthony's AOS site. Other popular ones are The Goddess one from Dragon Door and for beginners ...Sarah Lurie's - Iron Core - sort of easy for me as the sets are shorter ...but they have some instruction on them (available at Amazon or Target). Steve Cotter's Extreme Kettlebell set is good and is available on Ebay. One last one that's good is DAvid Whitley's Power Circuit Workout available at www.IronTamer.com. Since they are so expensive.....maybe just print this list and save it for when you have more money....but the first 2 are the first must haves.

Here are a couple helpful threads from Videofitness.com that I read before I started and they helped answer a lot of questions.

http://www.videofitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114329&page=4

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=103700&page=1&pp=10

ETA: What 2 workouts did you get from Dicks? Sarah Luries?? ARe they instructional. Be careful with proper form and your back, etc. Also, I wouldn't go that heavy on Turkish Get Ups or Windmills yet....maybe you could modify with a lighter DB until you get used to them.....unless I'm the only one with "tweaky" shoulders from these.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was LIC UB Circuit Premix. I cut the workout down to about 45 minutes and modified the he)) out of it. It still felt like it may be too much for me at this stage of the game-as I felt a little crampy during a few of the moves. I am going to do something even lighter tomorrow or maybe even rest, just to see how my body responds to today's workout. I feel like everything is happening very quickly in my body right now. I think my weight is already up by 5 to 7 pounds (some of my clothes already don't fit) and it feels like my ligaments around my hips are stretching already. I may actually become a real yoga fan again over the next several months. I went to the doctor today for my follow-up blood test and the preg hormone numbers were good! I don't have to have anymore visits until May 19th, which will be my first ultrasound.

Lora-You better count those abs, even if they were unweighted! :) Everything counts! I am so jealous about all this kettlebell talk. Is Collage Video selling kettlebell workouts yet? I just want to preview them to see what you do with them. I just can't seem to grasp what the variety of exercises would be. Of course, I wouldn't purchase another fitness item until after the pregnancy, but I can always be on the lookout for the next thing! LOL! :) Yes, we will definately find out the sex of the baby as soon as we can. I do like surprises, but I don't think I could take the suspense since this is such a life-changing event! I have seen varying advice about exercise during pregnancy but I think you have to figure out what's right for each individual. Some people can run marathons during pregnancy and some really need to rest most of the time because the risks are higher. I am hoping to continue but after today I realize that I will be scaling back more than I thought. I may have to give up Cathe workouts altogether, but since she's so fun, I really want to try to keep doing hers but modify as much as possible.

Kel-Yea for Kel and her kettlebells! How exciting! :) :) :) Lora seems to be getting fantastic results from them so I am anxious to hear what your results will be. How are you feeling these days? I read your post about not feeling the same since the surgery. That was a pretty major trauma to the body that you had and I really believe that there is a strong body/mind connection. I don't think it is strange at all that you were feeling out of sorts for awhile, but I really think time will help to revitalize and rejuvinate your body and spirit. Thanks for the well wishes about the pregnancy! I am starting to relax and enjoy it a little more. Each day that passes makes it feel more "real". I guess there will be no STS for me for awhile. I will be living vicariously though you when those workouts finally come out!

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.