Trying to Fit Yoga in For Monday April 21

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did The Action Hero Workout from Valerie Waters Blog.

Movement Prep - Warm Up - Leg Swings, Plie Squats, Forward Lunges & Warrior Lunges

Circuit #1
Single leg glute bridge on foam foller - 12 reps each leg
Mountain Climbers with hands on med ball and feet on Gliding Discs - 40 reps
Painful Plank Pushaway with Gliding Discs - 20 reps
Kayaker - 20 reps on stability ball with 10 lb body bar
Repeated Circuit 3 times.

Circuit #2
Band side steps (like Firewalkers) - 15 steps each way with Red Band
Lunge Kick - 15 reps each leg - added ankle weights
Bentover Row - set 1 I used 17 lbs/15 reps, 2nd set 20 lbs/12 reps, last set 30 lbs/8 reps
Romanian Deadlifts - 10 reps with 22 lb DBs
DB Chest Press - 15 reps w/ 20 lbs/12 with 22 & 10 with 27 lbs
Repeated Circuit 3 times

Circuit 3
Bulgarian Split Squat - 10 reps each leg - used 12 lb DBs
Lateral shoulder raises - 12 lbs
Reverse Lunge with gliding disc - 12 reps each leg - w/ 12 lb DBs
Biceps Curls - 12 reps with 15 lbs
Dips - 1 set - then modified triceps with 15 lb DBs
Repeated Circuit 3 times

I did Cathe's Muscle Max stretch. I had to skip a the last set of legs in the last circuit cuz I was running out of time. Workout was 70" and I burned 428 calories. Probably could have went a bit heavier on a few exercises....but this was the first run through. Tunes were the Chili Peppers - Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magick.

Have great workouts everyone.

Jen - glad to hear Lenny is already improving. How long does he have to go for chemo again? When do you see if your last IVF took? So - you liked Super Charged Kickbox Party? I only did part of that one once. I'll have to try it again. I love Jeanette Jenkins..but not sure if I like kickbox and dance together?

Have a great day everyone. Ugh.........back to work Monday!!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was 30 minutes of walking/jogging. My legs and butt are still sore from my workout a couple of days ago!

Lora-Wow, that is some workout you got in this morning! I am scared of those mountain climbers with a med ball and gliding discs. I bet you were rockin' those, especially with the Chili Peppers keeping you company. Funny that you mentioned the Super Charged Kickbox workout because I was just going to ask you what you thought about it. I actually didn't click with the first Jeanette Jenkins workouts I tried, but I did really enjoy this one. The combo of kickbox and dance just reminds me of Turbo Jam....although slower. I actually previewed the workout on Collage and wasn't interested but then I saw Netflix had it and said...well, what the heck I'll try it. On my cable lineup, they have some fitness shows that you can preview segments of-and they are usually real workouts that are available, such as the Tae Bos or other Gaiam workouts. Well, they had a couple of workouts by Jackie Warner from the show Work Out on Bravo. Are you familar with her or her workouts? They looked good, but very similar to Jillian Michaels. re: Lenny-Lenny's chemo goes another 6 months. :( I have to take him in every Tuesday and he stays at the vet all day unless I have the day off. re: Fertility Stuff-I have already tested to see if the last IUI took and I am not sure. I have taken two tests that are about the faintest positive you can imagine-really calling them positive is a REALLY BIG stretch. It is hard to tell whether the second line is really "there" or not. (I have the tests where 2 lines is pregnant, 1 line is not.) The one line that means you are not is very dark and definately there. The second line also appears but it is so faint you can barely even say it is there. There are all kinds of reasons for it (as I found out on the web) such as "evaporation" or "ghost" lines that make interpreting these things more of a mystery than I realized. Although, I do have to say that the test I took with the last IUI was no doubt negative and there was not even the shadow of a second line. It is actually too early to test, so I will know more in a couple of days. I tested at about 7 to 8 days before my expected period date, but you really shouldn't test more than 5 days out. I normally don't have an interest in testing early but my pants stopped fitting and I wanted to find another reason beyond my less-than-clean diet of late, so I decided to test early! LOL!

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.