Trying to Fit Yoga in for May 16 Wed

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did PLB (matched Cathe's weights pretty much except for deadlifts for my sciatica. I still don't know how heavy or light I should be going on my legs for the best results. They seem to bulk if I go to heavy....but I want to work them enough (frustrating). I also did Bar Method - Designer Sculpting Blast 10", Quick Fix Mix Pilates Abs 10" and then I did Xlfowsion Live Blast Premix 26". Total workout was just shy of 2 hours and I burned a total of 480 calories (left my HR running thru everything).

I'm feeling pretty worked right now. I wasn't expecting the Xlfowsion workout to be so tough. It had no finishing postures and all of the segments were kicking, punching, squatting, free form dancing and the yoga segment was the very challenging part of the practice that really works your leg for a while before you change to the other leg. My legs were toast. Think I did too many blasts!! LOL.

I have to try to do some quick neck stretches (as I haven't had time to do them for 3 days and I'm suffering from it) and then I have to go over Mom's to do some housework. That will probably take me all morning and then I'll probably go visit her for the afternoon and see how she does her first day there. I have to make sure she talks to a Dietician ...as she's on a low fat/low cholesterol diet and she can't eat a lot of foods.

I certainly hope I have time to fit some stretching in later...as I'm even stiffer today!!

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning!

I probably won't have any time for yoga during lunch today because I need to work 1/2 way through lunch & leave early today (my DH has a meeting 1 1/2 hours away & I hate the thoughts of him going alone & coming back late so I'm going with him). So I plan to fit in another yoga routine/practice during lunch tomorrow. I also found that magazine I was looking for so I brought it to work with me today & I'm looking forward to following that sequence tomorrow.

Lora - I'm sorry about your mom & hope she does well in her new home. You are a very thoughtful daughter & she is lucky to have you looking after her & helping out with all of her arrangements. Well, you & I did the same Cathe W/O again - PLB. I matched her in weights & I also used 3 pound ankle weights for the floor work but like you, I tend to bulk if I go too heavy with my lower body work. But since this is going to be my only super intense lower body W/O for the week, I thought I'd go heavy. I like to do that about once a week & then keep the other days sort of light for lower body work. Like I said, we seem to be doing nearly the same rotation this week. So what do you have planned for tomorrow? Since my DH & I will probably get back pretty late, I have a couple of shorter workouts in line so I'll just have to wait & see if I feel like kickboxing or the Cardio Fusion premix. Both are around 40 minutes so I think that should still allow me a little extra time to sleep in. Oh yeah, great workout again... but that really goes without saying!

Jen - I have Kathy Kaehler's Target & Tone & I really like that tape! All I have is the old VHS version but I still do it occasionally. Since I discovered Cathe, I have mostly been doing her workouts but like you, I still have those "go to" workouts I do when I don't really feel like working out or doing something that's the intensity of Cathe. One workout that I do frequently is The Firm Time Cruch Workout. It's only about 40 minutes long, including the warm up & cool down, but it always leaves me feeling worked out & it's short enough that I can make myself do it, even if I really don't feel like working out. In fact, I think I'll do that one on Friday! I hope you'll try IMAX 3 again sometime. I wasn't really thrilled with it at all the first time I did it but I definitely liked it a lot more the second time. I hope your experience is the same. I'm glad you're not going to mention the "B" word again & I'm glad you're feeling better too!

Well, I better get back to the grind for awhile. I hope everyone has a great day & I'll be back later.

Take care!

Kel

Just got back from visiting Mom and ate dinner. I think I ate too many calories. I put too much stuff on my salad. Oh well, better luck next time. I want to TRY to do a Classical Stretch in a bit but I have a few things to do before I can try. I'm a bit worried my Mom is going to be in this facility a lot longer than I anticipated. I have a meeting with the Social Worker tomorrow to go over her "goals"...whatever that means. The goal is to get the heck out of there!!

Kel - thanks for the compliment. My Mom and I actually have been thru A LOT together. There is not one thing she doesn't know about my sordid past. I'm sure you've seen me mention I'm a recovering addict (been clean 19 years in April). Oyyy...what I put my poor Mom through. My Dad died when I was 17 (and my Mom was the age I am now) and I really started self destructing after his death...as I didn't want to live. I was always a Tomboy growing up and was VERY close to my Dad. It killed me inside to lose him. I was living my life in an "altered state" if you know what I mean......so this is the first time I've really ever gone thru anything like this that I'm going thru with my Mom. I just know how much I put her thru and then there's the fact that she took care of me when I was a baby!! I have to be there for her. I guess this is one of the reason's God hasn't sent that "job from Heaven" just yet. First it was Pandora (my cat) and now this. I guess he wants me to be a caretaker for a while!

I'm following the Jan 07 rotation of Cathe's this week, as I can't even think about what workout to do with all of this going on. It is a rotation for fat loss....but my workouts are a LOT shorter this week, so I'm freaking out a bit that I might gain more weight instead of lose. I'm supposed to do a Steady State Run tomorrow, but I've only been able to run walk on the TM so far.....just started running a little bit ago.....so I don't know if I should do a Cardio Coach or do Steady State on the TM and Ellipitcal both (alternating). I sort of hate doing Steady State ....as I always think I'm wasting my time....but i know you need to vary intensity. If I knew for sure I was going to do the whole rotation....I would definitely stick with the schedule....but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, although it seems my Mom might be "locked up" so to speak...for a while...so maybe I will do a few weeks of this rotation.

Jen - hope you get out of work on time and have a good workout.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was The Viper. I have never done this one before. Holy s&^*! Every part of me is shaking! I even shortened the last segment to make it closer to an hour-as I did not know it went for an hour and 20 minutes. I can't believe I am going to say this but I really actually liked it...but I need to shorten it because it is a little over my abilities at this time. I think I did not eat enough calories today either.

Lora-Great workout! I know what you mean about bulking up in the legs. I have the same problem. I think it was smart to do Bar Method after PLB, but I have no idea how you made it through that combination! :) I hope your mom's stay is shorter than you anticipate...you are so right...the "goal" is to get her outta' there!

Kel-I have the VHS version of Kathy Kaehler's workout, too. I think that's all there is now. I have checked into a DVD version but never found one. I heard the other ones in the series were good too-Kacy Dukes (Sculpt & Groove) and Keli Roberts (Abs & More). I did not get those-do you have them? That is so sweet that you accompanied your DH to his meeting. I feel the same way about mine. We even try to plan our days off together.

Hope you ladies have a great night! Gotta' go plug my calories into FitDay to see where I ended up. I am considering skipping my weigh-in this Friday, since I took 4 days off while I was sick. I am not getting out of it altogether-my plan would then be to weigh earlier next week-I think I just need a few more heavy workout days to make up for lost time.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.