Trying to Fit Yoga in for Friday Sept 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did my Jillian Frontside book circuit. Got my HRM to work today (for the moment). Workout was 70" and I burned 416 calories. Listened to Velvet Revolver's new CD.

Next week's book circuits are weeks 11-12 and are the last ones!! Then I'll be free to do whatever I want for a while before I decide on Afterburn or Turbulence Training.

I got another new yoga DVD in the mail yesterday. I had it on preorder from Amazon. It's called Yoga to the Rescue. I'll probably try it this weekend (hopefully).

I hope I get used to this work schedule soon. I haven't been able to watch General Hospital all week cuz I always fall asleep when I lie down to watch it!

Kel - so sorry to hear about your FIL. How's he doing?

Jen - glad you're enjoying Bar Method. I'll have to try some of the different workouts after I finish my book circuits. I have an entire box of DVDs I've only done once (and not sure I liked it) or not done at all. I've got to try to control my sweet tooth at work! I haven't had to worry about that for a while and I forgot what it's like in these big offices. I think we must have about 30-40 employees at this place. It's a huge practice. Two doctors, 2 PA's, a bunch of Medical Assistants, Lab people, front office, billing, transcription, managers, etc. I'm still doing okay at work. I need to get used to everything so I can pick up speed. I'm still too slow. I have not learned billing yet either. So, I guess I'm back among the "living for the weekend" group of peeps again!

Have a great day ladies.

Hello ladies,

I have been lurking the last few weeks - reading your posts.... but really too ashamed to jump in and post.

I have to extend to you a huge apology for just dropping off the boards the way I did in April. There was a lot going on... between planning the wedding - and some stressful family issues...finding a place to live - moving....I just found that I was quite overwhelmed with it all. I didn't surf much - and did not work out almost at all. I feel very badly about not posting any follow-ups - at least to let you know that everything was ok. I then suspended my internet service for a while - and didnt have access. After a while - so much time had passed - I was just too embarassed to do so...

But especially now - after catching up somewhat with your posts - I just felt the need to post - and apologize.

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if I could join your check in? I have been doing a Yoga/Running/Cycling rotation - no weights for the past two weeks, and it has helped tremendously with my appetite control. I plan to continue up through my half which is Oct 14, then slowly add some weights back into my rotation. But I've been really enjoying yoga, and would love to get ideas from y'all. I did Rodney Yee's Total Body Power Yoga today.

Good afternoon! Sorry I was MIA yesterday... I was just really busy. Yesterday morning, I did a KPC premix & this morning, I did Kelly Coffey-Meyer's The Shape of Things to Come. Yesterday afternoon was dragon boat rowing practice again & we did much better than Tuesday. I think we might actually be competitive! Something else that I'm really proud of is that many of the others from my company that are rowing are much younger than me & not only am I able to keep up, I actually have more endurance during the long periods of rowing. So this has been my first experience to really realize the true benefits of working out. It really is the fountain of youth! The races are tomorrow so wish me luck!

Went to see my FIL last night & he's doing okay, considering all that he's been through. He's very tired but I guess that's to be expected after having his heart shocked back into rhythm for the second time this year. They reset his pacemaker/defribulator & they're running a lot of other tests on him so we really don't know anything yet. My DH's sis arrived last night so she & my MIL have been at the hospital today. My DH & I are going to the hospital tonight & I'm hoping to find out more then. I'm very worried but I also know that he's in the best place he can be right now. I think my DH & I will go out for dinner with his mom & sis after our visit so that should be nice.

I haven't had any time for yoga this week but I plan to fit some in tomorrow morning before heading out to the lake for the races. Not sure which one I'll do yet but I want to do a really "stretchy" routine so it will probably be Yoga Journal's Session 2 - Bending & Twisting Poses for Flexibility. I just want to be all warmed up, stretched out, & ready to row so I think that one might be my best bet.

Lora - Great workout, as usual. I hope your get used to your new schedule soon & I hope your job is still going well too. By the time you read this, you will have made it through your first week - WOOHOO! Thanks for asking about my FIL. I'll keep y'all posted as I find out more about his condition.

Jen - Glad to hear how well the IVF seminar went & glad to hear how well Lenny is doing too. So do you need to get that ball before you can try Squeeze? I'm still interested in that DVD but like I said in an earlier post, it's a little on the expensive side so I'm wanting to see what you think about it first. I hope you get a chance to check in today & I hope you get to fit in a workout too.

Yve - So good to "see" you again! Welcome back! Don't feel bad about not posting. I think we all go through periods like that in our lives. At least I know I have & boy, it sure sounds like you've been busy but I hope you can find time to join in more again from now on.

Christine - Welcome! So glad to have you join us & your current rotation sounds intersting. I'm not much of a cardio gal so I'm not sure I would enjoy doing one like that but I'm sure it's effective. So how do you plan to start adding weights back in? Are you going to do a body part, upper/lower, or total body work? Also, do you do yoga on a daily basis, just once, or a few times a week? Will you continue with the yoga when you add weights back in? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious. I don't own any Rodney Yee but I've heard goood things about him & I want to get some new yoga workouts before the new 4-day split comes out because I plan on doing the new workouts consecutively, followed by one day of challenging yoga.

Well, I'm sure I wrote more than enough. I hope everyone has a great day & I'll try to check back in later or over the weekend if I have a chance. I'm looking forward to giving a report on the Dragon Boat Race Festival!

Take care & have great weekends everyone!

Kel - I don't mind questions! I love cardio. I do yoga 4-5 days a week. I have 3 days dedicated only to yoga and 4 to running and cycling. I really like to do yoga after I run as I find nothing stretches me out as well. I do plan to continue with yoga once I add weights - if two weeks brings about this much improvement in my flexibility and mind set, then I cannot see giving it up. I like Rodney Yee (except for his tight shorts - those I could live without). I just ordered Eoin Finn as well as I've heard good things about him. I like Baron Baptiste. I'm not a Bryan Kest fan, though, fo some reason. Dragon Boating is big in my area. I'm interested in hearing how the race goes!!!

Hi all you lovely ladies! What a nice surprise to see everyone here! I am completely exhausted from work this week. No workout for me tonight. Took Lenny in for his treatment today before work and picked him up at lunch to run him home. All is well and now he only has to go for chemo every two weeks. After this week, he is off the prednisone for good! :) Re: Workouts-I am sending my Self Legs workout back to Netflix. I think I have some Lotte Berk's on the way. (Lora, will I like these as much as Bar Method?)

[font color=purple]Lora[/font]-I know what you mean about the eating at the office. We get stuff from vendors all the time-lunches, desserts, etc. I bring my lunch every day, even if they have lunch delivered in. It is very hard to be around all that YUMMY food!

[font color=green]Kel[/font]-Glad your FIL is at least stable. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your boat race tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about it....and good idea on doing the yoga first! I think it will help!

[font color=blue]Yve[/font]-It is sooooo gooood to see you!!!! :) :) :) I am so glad you posted. I have a million questions....how is married life? new house? new computer? wedding details please.....and the list goes on. Don't worry about being away, happens to all of us from time to time.

[font color=orange]Christine[/font]-Welcome! :) Tee hee hee about Rodney Yee and his shorts! You have quite the yoga program going. I am very glad you decided to join us! I look forward to chatting with you!

Have a great night, ladies!

Hi! Wow!!
Kel and Jen - Thank you so much for being so understanding.

Kel - thank you for your warm welcome . It's nice to see you too. Sending good vibes for your FIL. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Jen - Thank you for your warm welcome back. It's really good to see you too. I am sorry for what you are going through with Lenny. It must be so hard to see him sick as he is. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Married life is dreamy... Better than I thought. It is really something - waking up with the one you love every morning. The wedding went well. The food was amazing - the band played very well - the photographer took really lovely pictures. I was also given an amazing surprise - 5 of my relatives from overseas flew in for the wedding. So - the week before the wedding was chaotic but fun... between a party at DH's parents for us... a party at my folks to honour the relatives from Europe... the rehearsal dinner - another party the night before the wedding where my relatives from Montreal came in.... It was just a whirlwind....We then went to Aruba for our honeymoon - and it was just beautiful. I would love to go back.

The one downside was that I was in - what could have been - a very serious car accident - just 5 days before the wedding... A transport truck ran a stop sign - and hit me - on the drivers side while going through the intersection...The car spun - It was just unbelievable to be in this accidnt - and so close to the wedding... Thankfully - other than some whiplash... I wasn't seriously hurt. The car had $15.5 k damage.

We didn't end up buying a house. Given the short amt of time in planning the wedding - DH was going through his busy time at work -as was I... we decided to take a one year lease on a condo and then take our time to look for a house. I love it here.. There is a conservation area across the street - a golf course up the street....it is such a peaceful place... yet still in the city.
It is a two bedroom condo - only 6 years old... so very modern looking. I don't mind not having a house just yet -it is so comfortable here. We still need a fair number of things for the condo... Some more furniture - ie coffee tables...some stuff for the walls...an area rug for the tv room... but I am taking my time to look for things.

The other new thing is that I am telecommuting now. This has had both positive and negative points... but mainly positive. I have a lot of freedom - and I dont have to commute the 2hrs every day... which in terms of stress levels for me - has been huge... The downside is that - initially I got so caught up in doing work - and then housework... that days would go by and I wouldn't have gone outside at all!! So now - I made a point to get out for a walk every day - try to go somewhere - ie a grocery store - costco - somewhere... just so that I don't end up talking to myself and answering and asking myself questions all day long.

I have lots to tell you - which I will save for another note.. as my eyelids are getting very heavy right now...

Thank you for being so understanding.

Have a nice evening ladies.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.