Trying to Fit Yoga In for Friday Jan 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies ---& Thank The Lord that it's Finally Friday --

I'm beat this week. These 4 hour sleep nights are taking a toll on me. I try to get in bed earlier....but I'm always so busy. No time since I've been working again!

My rotation called for P90X Core Synergestics today. I didn't feel very chipper at the start and the end result showed that I, indeed, was dragging again today. Workout was 1 hour and I only burned 348 measly calories. Oh well..........hopefully, better workouts ahead.

Have great workouts everyone.

Anyone care to give me any advice on how to handle these peeps at work. I mean...it's ridciclous that they time me on everything and say things like "that should have taken 40 seconds" when I take too long to do something.....but they constantly come out to see how much I've gotten done and make comments like......"now when you finish this, make sure you keep moving on to this and that".... I mean...for God's sake....I'm 48 freakin' years old and have been in the "work force" for eonnsss.....(spelling??).....like I'm really gonna sit and twiddle my freakin' thumbs when I know there's tons of work to get done...C'mon........give me a bit of cred!! I mean FOR REAL.......okay.............got that off my chest. Vent over. Any clever ways to handle this situation?

carrie - I've never heard of that yoga DVD. Please let us know what it's like and if it's good, where you purchased it. Who's the instructor?

jill - I hear ya on the schedule. I'm having difficulty getting used to working again full time! I wouldn't feel one bit of guilt if I woke my DH up cuz he was sleeping on the couch. He can go to his bed!!

jen - That dessert sounds scrumptious. Good luck with whatever you
decide with your IVF pursuit. Considering how badly you want a child, that's gonna be a tough decision.

yve - when will you get your tests back to see if you have gestational diabetes? When I worked at the hospital in the education dept....I used to do the secretarial work for the Diabetic Educator and you wouldn't believe how many woman used to come in for class for gestational diabetes. It's very common....but I'm sure it's no fun...so let's hope you don't have it. Nothing like having a craving for something being pregnant and having to be on a special diet.

kel - my fave's on the PY4H are the 40 Minute Bliss one, the 30" one for time crunched days....as it packs a lot in 30" and I love Magically Hips.......but I've never done the longer ones either. My bad.

Lora-what a pain. I would tell them 'well, sometimes it takes me a little longer to really get something down, but once I do I am quite efficient at it. Everyone is a little slow in the beginning and they pick up speed with time and experience.'

Good morning everyone -

I was so ready for a nice yoga practice this morning. I ended up only having time for the 40 minute bliss practice but enjoyed it thoroughly & I also added on some seated meditation at the end. I'm really getting to where I like to meditate & I always try to focus on some kind of mantra or just being peaceful, kind, & spreading joy in my life. Do any of you ladies meditate or do you just like to do yoga & end with shavasana?

Lora - Sorry you're so tired of late. Sounds like you could use a lot more sleep but I can totally relate. Since I work out in the mornings, I usually sacrifice sleep to do it b/c I'm just too busy & can't seem to get in bed early enough, I just can't fit it in after work, & simply won't give up my workouts. Gosh, I don't know what to tell you about your work situation. How frustrating. Have you tried saying something to them like what Jill suggested? That might help. In any case, I sure hope things improve there for you soon...

Jen - Just wanted to say that I'm still thinking about you & your DH as you go through all of this. I wish you both the very best. It's good to know we're at about the same place where weights are concerned. Sometimes I feel like such a weakling compared to many of the ladies on this forum. But it also makes me strive to do more too. One day I'll make it to those 30s... & beyond? You asked about STS & right now my plan is to wait until February & take the 3 payment option. Just wanting to give my CCs a break from the holidays. You already ordered... right?

Jill - Hope your busy life calms down so you can start fitting in your workouts & yoga practices again soon. About Eionn, I don't find him as chatty as Baron, although I actually do like Baron (he was my first video yoga instructor so he'll always have a place in my heart), but he does say some strange things even though he doesn't really talk constantly like the way I've heard Bryan does (I don't have any of his b/c I've always heard that it's really fast paced & he talks so much... I just didn't think it would be for me). I love the DVD I have by him but maybe some of the others can help even more in answering your question.

Yve - Please keep us updated on the results of your test. I hope you're feeling good today & have a chance to pop in & chat later.

Brighton - Hope your DS didn't have any more bad dreams last night. I'm very impressed with you participating/competing in a tri! I'm not sure I would ever be able to do something like that but I can definitely see how motivating it would be. Keep up the great work preparing & I hope you can fit lots of yoga in to keep you loosened up too...

Carrie - Hope you get a chance to visit again today. I can totally relate to your predicament, though. Whenever my DH is home, I never get to use the computer. He is always a big computer hog! LOL.

Well I guess that's it for now. I'm going out with "the girls" tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to that. What are your plans for the weekend? Hope everyone has a great Friday & I'll be sure to check back in again later...

Hi ladies! Popping in quick at lunch!

Jill-That's smart to wait before making your decision about the labs. When I make decisions when tired or angry...then tend not to be the best ;) . Hope you get some good sleep tonight and get to relax during your 3 day weekend. What you said about the snow in Atlanta is right on! We are "Alabama crazy" here too-Things will close with less than one inch of snow sometimes. It's probably for the best, since we really don't know how to drive in it anyway! LOL! :)

Lora-Wow, now that's some on the job stress! What an intense workday! I wouldn't deal well with that. No advice for you yet but I am still thinking...while being shocked :eek: !

Kel-Thanks for the support. I soooooo need it right now. Yea, I am so happy you're ordering STS! Yep, I have ordered-did it the first day. My slanted risers came in yesterday and got that squat rack for my b-day so I am ALL SET! :)

Have a great rest of the day everyone! Not sure if there is a workout for me tonight or not. Fridays are usually my rest day cause I am exhausted by then!

Hi ladies,

Happy Friday to all. Today I went to pilates class - but didn't have time for any cardio. On Monday I have an OB appt - and will hopefully have the results for the GD test. Thanks for all your good wishes that it turns out ok.

Lora - I am sorry that you haven't been feeling yourself these days.
I know how busy life can get - and how hard it is to make time for ourselves to just relax. But (and I hope you don't mind me saying this) please try to take a bit extra time for yourself to rest. What if you try to get to bed just a half hour earlier - and then work your way slowly to an hour earlier. I think that if you were less tired - you would be handling the stress better - and it may help you concentrate more when trying to learn your new tasks. Nobody is at their best with 4 hrs... I know that if I go too long without sleeping enough, I get very very anxious - and I react to stress alot worse. It will be hard - bc your personality is the type that is always on the go. But you have been dealing with this stress for quite a while. I hope that you decide to try... if things at home don't get done... well then - so be it. Nothing is more important than your health.
Having said all that... I think your co-workers were quite rude to you. Nobody needs to be told not to dilly dally - especially if they aren't the dilly dally type. Just be polite and let them know that it was your intention to move on the next task/project.

Kel - Too bad that you had to cut your yoga shorter than planned - but glad that you enjoyed it. I don't really meditate - but I do enjoy Shavastana. I wish that I could calm my mind enough to meditate. I do try to think peaceful thoughts though - and revel in the joy of the practice. This is the beauty of yoga I think.. How it helps one to be just in the moment for the time of the practice... no bad thoughts - no nervousness - no worries... it is just about total concentration and relaxation.

Jen - I can so see how the process can be both cold and stressful. Even without the treatments -considering parenthood - period - at this age is stressful. However - like your DH... I always felt that if I didn't try - then I know one day that I would regret it.
But give yourself a break...try not to worry so much - and know that whatever decision you make will have been after alot of soul searching. I do watch some of those shows.. Birth Stories, Bring Home Baby... I like the latter - better than the former. I am nervous about labor... but you know what... I am nervous about everything related to baby. I worry that everything will go well.. I worry that he will be ok... I worry about my DH... and how our rel'ship will change. I am afraid of tempting the fates by being too happy or excited...Others have shared similar thoughts with me... So - I think that the stress and the worry - is very common. I know that whatever you decide will be the right decision for you and your DH.

Jill - Sorry you haven't been feeling well. As others have mentioned - it is very wise of you to take a break and recoup a bit - before making a major decision. Hope you have a restful weekend.

Carrie - Hope you enjoyed your new DVD... I haven't heard of it - but it sounds like it would be quite a spiritual based practice. Pls let us know what you think.

Brighton - Hope your DS slept through the night - and wasn't troubled with nightmares last night. Poor little guy - they are so terrifying those bad dreams.

Have a nice evening ladies.
Yve

Yve- I know.........you're right in everything your saying ...but I'm so hard headed and I so much enjoy my time at home to play around on the computer and watch my show, but what takes the majority of my time is my second job. I sell these oil samples on a couple Forums and between making the vials up, packaging them, posting them and conversing with possible buyers......plus packing, shipping and followup emails to remind those who have not yet paid......it's very time consuming....but without doing that - I have no extra money to buy my fitness DVDs! I will try to get to bed at least 1/2 hour early for a while..........but we shall see. I always say, I'll SLEEP WHEN I"M DEAD.........not now!!! I like to go...go ..go.

At least I got a chance to explain to the one girl at work today why it took me longer to do something she said should have taken 40 seconds......cuz I was doing 5 other things before I started on that!!!! Duh!!!! Today was very busy. My jaw is throbbing from my TMJ flaring. I worked the front desk all day by myself and was bombarded constantly and they tell me that if I think that's busy, I haven't seen anything yet! These people sure want a lot for a measly $8.75 an hour. Yikes!!

Now I'm feeling antsy and I'm not feeling like taking a rest day tomorrow. I get like this and feel I need to work out. I have that Firm workout "Cardio Lite" set out which is supposed to be a real easy workout for a recovery day............but I'm not sure I'll do it or not. .....undecided right now. I know I need a rest day from working out.....but I think a good night's sleep might be all I need. It's SO HARD for me to take a rest day and I don't know why!

YAY! I got my Namaste Yoga DVDs today! I previewed one of them and it looks great. Unfortunately, I have now got some kind of cold/allergy thing going on with my sinuses. I've been sneezing all day long, blowing my nose, and dealing with the yucky side effects of post-nasal drip. I used my neti pot this morning to see if it would help clean anything out that might be irritating my sinuses and it helped for all of 10 minutes...then I felt just the same again. Although I know my eyes aren't swollen, they FEEL swollen because of the sinus issues. My nose isn't stuffed...it's running like niagara falls so with all of that, I can't do anything that might make me have to put my head down lower than other parts of my body :-( I suppose it's not too bad...after all, I haven't been sick in a really long time and if this is the worst I've got then I'm in pretty good shape :)

I'm thinking of doing Butts&Guts Leg Blast Premix tomorrow, but I'm a little undecided. I may do a power yoga video instead. What do you ladies think? I know I AM going to let myself sleep in tomorrow instead of getting up early to work out...especially since it's past the time I normally go to bed ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.