Trying to Fit Yoga In for Friday Dec 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -if anyone's out there today.

This morning I did Patrick's Dumb Training. Workout was 57" and I burned 383 calories.

I wanted to do something longer and harder, but there was supposed to be a Lunar update today on BPAL and it didn't happen. It is postponed until tomorrow. So now, I'm a big fat slacker! I ate a boat load of chocolate yesterday. Had a serious binge that started cuz someone at work gave us these huge chocolate malt balls from a fine chocolate store and then I went hog wild on Pitzels ans truffles. I was out of control! If you could gain 5 pounds in one day, I'm sure I did it yesterday!

Watch for the update tomorow on BPAL. Beth referred to Updates in the plural sense and since it's the first day of Winter or Yule in the Pagan system......it's bound to be a big one.

Have great workouts everyone. Burn some chocolate calories off for me!

ETA: Has anyone here ever heard of Nubar nail lacquer? I found this polish site and I'm intrigued by the unique colour selections....but it's $6.99 a bottle. anyone? how does it compare to Zoya or OPI?? I recently discovered China Glaze nail colour which I'm finding I like very much. Zoya and OPI were previous favorites. I've got to stop reading the nail polish blog "All Lacquered Up"....it's an evil blog!

Good morning everyone -

I'm here, I'm here! I've just been real busy... not only with the holidays but my company's new corporate office is nearly complete so we've been packing & moving & cleaning & just working in a big mess. So I've been feeling really out of sorts & just haven't been able to visit. I've missed everyone & I hope you're all doing well.

I just finished up another week of Barry's Bootcamp & I've got DOMS running through my entire body. I did the four days of weights & cardio, ending with a wonderful yoga practice for day 5 this morning. I did a Yoga Shakti yoga matrix that focused a lot on hip openers & stretching. I really enjoyed it but now I'm feeling a little weird & emotional. I've never really had a yoga practice leave me feeling quite like this before so I'm wondering if it's normal? It's also TTOTM so I'm sure that could have something to do with it too. Oh well... maybe I'll start feeling more like myself as the day goes on.

Let's see... I haven't read anything in days so I'm not really sure what's going on with everyone...

Lora - How's the job going? I hope it's going great! I like Patrick's style but the only workout I have by him is his first on the ball cardio. It's only intermediate but really lots of fun. I pull it out when I just want to have some fun & get in a nice, light workout. Oh my goodness, I can sure relate to the binging. I've been eating horribly lately & there's no end in sight... at least not until the holidays are finally over. I've never heard of Nubar. I pretty much stick with OPI. Let me know what you think of it if you decide to try some out.

Jen - How are you doing? I hope everything's going well for you & I hope you've been able to fit in some good workouts lately too. Have you done any more Barry's? I haven't done them in consecutive weeks but I've really enjoyed alternating them with Cathe's. Hope you get a chance to visit & chat some later.

Yve - I hope everything is going well for you & the little one! Are you still going to yoga &/or pilates classes? Hope you have a good day & find some time to visit too.

Well, I guess I better go do a little work now. It's going to be a slow & uneventful day. My department is taking us all out for lunch & then we'll get to leave early. I need to have my work done so I can leave whenever they tell us we can. I hope everyone has a great Friday & I'll try to check back in later...

Not sure if anyone's still around.......and that's why I don't usually post when I get home from work.

I'm off until after Christmas now. My boss is on vacation next week, so I don't have to work, but I dont' get paid for it either.

I worked the front desk all by myself for 2 days in a row (the full - busy days) and did okay. It's a bit hectic, but nothing I can't handle. I even got a compliment from the office manager today that she likes the way I ask for money........and said I had a nice way about it. I'm also not afraid to ask for it....so that's always good. I still have much to learn but I can't believe I'm doing half of the mathmatecial crap I'm doing now....since I'm horrible at math. Maybe I'll make it after all!

I'm trying to decide what sort of "rest day" i should take tomorrow since I ate way too much chocolate. I think it's gonna be a low impact cardio day instead. Undecided right now.

I know you guys will think I'm sick for saying this, but I'm ready for more new workouts.

Tracey posted that she filmed a "surprise" workout and she has lots of stuff planned to film the next 3 months. Amy has the kickbox workout coming and hopefully Cathe's new stuff won't take too long.

I'm planning on playing with Cathe's circuit premixes next week when I'm off (since it requires a lot of set up).

Kel - I think Patrick's a lot of fun and think his workous are very creative. He also seems to really do different moves in each workout, so you're not getting the same ol', same ol' all of the time. He works the heck out of the legs and I swear, I noticed a slight improvement in my legs after doing his workouts for a week and a half solid. His step is a bit too tricky for me.....but I bought 2 of the ones people said were "easier"....but they aren't really easy at all. I don't know why I stress myself out with all of this complex stuff!! The only thing I can think of about the yoga and emotions is that our hips are huge storage depot for stress, etc and maybe after releasing all of those toxins, and relieving that stress, you felt emotional...but I'm sure it being close to TTOTM amplified the feelings. I get SUPER DUPER emotional during TTOTM. It's sickening! I love Yoga Shakti. It remains a favorite. I love doing Dancing WArrior 3 or 4, followed by Standing Poses 1, Supine segment and inversions for a shorter practice and I add the twists and bending segment on for a longer workout. Leaves me feeling great every time!

ETA: Hey ladies - I just realized there is a pic of me in the Holiday Collage Video catalog on page 10. I got a $30 coupon a few weeks ago and I was waiting for the new catalog to come -- but I finally just realized I'm in the current issue. If anyone's interested, check me out!! LOL.

Hi ladies! Still not feeling well, but made it through work x(! Just wanted to say a quick hi and let you know I am still around. I will catch up on personals tomorrow, but I am up to date with reading.

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.