Trying to Fit Yoga in for Friday 8-31

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yoginis -

This morning I did my Jillian Frontside Book Circuit. Used my Rebounder for the cardio. Used my Blue/Black bands with the door attachment for chest flies and for crossover flies - used a band doubled up and wrapped it around my back. I'm not sure this was enough weight for 12 reps.....not happy with my workout today. I felt lost without my HR monitor (which is broken). I think workout was about 1 hour (forgot to look at the clock). Listened to Papa Roach again.

Have great workouts. I'm off to eat my oatmeal and then I have to clean and I'm not really in the mood! I'm going to see if Amy's presale link is working.

Have a great day.

Hi ladies! Popping in this a.m. since I am not sure what the rest of my day will be like. No WO for me last night. I got home 1/2 hour before bedtime....then woke up at 1 a.m. to Lenny vomiting and diarrhea again this morning. I am so tired I have no idea how I will make it through work today. :( We called the vet this morning and he indicated that all this is just par for the course and to try to give him Pepto Bismal and Pepcid AC in small doses. We will bring him back to the vet on Tuesday if he is not better by then. We are taking Tue and Wed off of work, so I am glad we will have some time at home with him to keep him comfortable. The vet said he should perk back up in a few days if we can get him to eat (he hasn't eaten in two days now) and if we can get that medicine down.

Lora-Sorry about the bummer workout this morning, but it still looks like a good one to me! :) Are you going to replace your heart rate monitor? Which brand do you think is best? It is something I really want to purchase in the near future.

Hi to Kel if you check-in later! How's the poison ivy healing? FYI, I posted some last night, too, so check it out if you get the chance.

[font color=darkkhaki size=+2]*Jen*[/font]

[font color=darkorange size=+3]Atlanta Cathe Fan[/font]

Good morning, ladies.

Of course, still no workout for me but the icky stuff is really starting to look better today & this is day four of the medicine so I really think I'll be able to work out by next week... & maybe I'll be able to start one day over the weekend too. WooHoo! Tomorrow is my DH's birthday so we'll be doing a little celebrating & hopefully be able to fit in some R&R too. Tonight, I'm going shopping for his mom b/c her b-day is Sunday. Why do the wives always end up doing that? Oh well, it doesn't matter to me because I love shopping & maybe I'll be able to find something for myself too! I also plan to preorder tonight so I'm excited about that. Tomorrow, my DH still wants to fit in about a half a day of work but he also wants to start the day with some yard sales & then our local pub has a big thing planned for his birthday with good food, a wonderful home-made cake, & a specially decorated "over the hill" table (he'll be 40). It's also the first TN Vols football game so I'm sure we'll have a good time. Not sure what the rest of the weekend will hold but I'm just hoping for lots of R&R. We sure need it!

About the event I attended y-day... it was nice & I was glad to be invited (lots of big-wigs there - state & local government officials, company execs, etc.) but ended up feeling quite invisible. I just felt like nobody realized what my contributions were to the project & it felt like others were getting the credit. I'm sure we all experience times like that but it was a pretty big let-down & very disappointing since I played such a major role in it & ended up feeling like nobody was aware of what I did. Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes, right?

Lora - Sorry you're not feeling good about your workout today. I know we all have days like that but sometimes when I don't feel like I've really worked out good enough, I end up sore & realize I actually did. I hope your foot heals soon so you can get back into all of the other workouts you want to do.

Jen - Oh my goodness, I am SO sorry for what Lenny & you are going through! Is this all a part of the treatments & normal? It sounds that way according to your post. I hope that's the case anyway. I also hope you can fit in a workout & have chance to visit again later. Oh yeah... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY again!

Better get to work for now. Hope everyone has a great day & I'll be sure to check back in later. Take care ladies!

Back again! No WO for me tonight. Tomorrow we are going to move my office. I came home for lunch today to check on Lenny since he had such a scary night. The Pepto Bismal made him better and he seemed a little more alert. I got him to eat some chicken and drink some chicken broth. :) When I got home this evening, he was still sluggish but was even more alert and even more hungry....and keeping it down..yea! :)

Kel-Yep, I think this is part of the treatments and it won't be quite as scary with the next round. Now that we know what to expect, we can start treating him right away with the Pepto. I was really worried about leaving him today. DH & I have missed a good bit of work taking him to appointments and it got to the point that neither of us could tell our employer that we needed to stay home today.

[font color=blueviolet]Happy 40th Birthday to your DH! [/font] I am beginning to think the two of you are workaholics! Tell him..NO WORKING on YOUR BIRTHDAY! (And the same goes for you!) So, BTW, how is he doing with that? Any mid-life crisis averted today? LOL! Sounds like you guys will have a fun time tomorrow. Do you either of you have family in town for the celebration?

That really [font size=+2]STINKS x([/font] about not being recognized for the work you put in on the project! Surely someone there could have given a nod or two your way on your accomplishment! That's such crap! Sorry that it was not a very satifying day....sounds like you are taking it in stride...Your day will come! :)

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.