Trying to Fit Yoga in for Fri May 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning i did CIA - All Body Attack with Sharon. It was a toughie. I had to even modify parts of it. Didn't have it in me. This has a lot of unique moves where you hold the step and use it as a weight and even do jumping jacks while throwing it up in the air!! You even hold it long ways...which was killer. The ab/core work was particularly tough today also. I don't even remember it from last week (where was my mind last week?). Workout was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 530 calories. I don't think I'll do this workout much when I'm working...as it's a bit long. It does have premixes though ...either all weights or all cardio options that are an hour. The stretch was only 3 minutes which I thought was not adequate with the long, hard workout. I can't wait to do my yoga tomorrow. Need it.

I also did Ravi & Ana's Basic & Beyond - Spinal Series - wasn't really into it though. It was getting late and I was thinking about everything i have to do. I don't like when I sleep in like I've been.

Jen - you'd think in this day and age that they could give your DH something to take to increase his sperm count. Is there something like that available? I hope you two can decide together what you want to do and be able to live a happy productive life in spite of your disappointment. I really feel for you!! I'd die if I didn't have my cats. They are my kids. RE: Circuits. When I do them, I do 3 a week and then do cardio on the other days or yoga. It doesn't hurt to do them 3 or even 4 times a week, as it's not like heavy duty weight training, but I make sure I lift heavy enough to fatigue my muscles. I used to do circuits all of the time (before I discovered this Forum and found out I should be changing things up ). My body likes lots of cardio.

Kel - Well....did you go for it and get a Cardio Coach??

Have a great day ladies.

Jen - ARE YOU LOOKING IN FROM WORK???? Caught ya..........I'm previwing XFLOWSION. Looks good so far.....only thing I wish is that there were more workouts!! LOL. I previewed the Body Blast 30", Slow & Easy one 30" (can't remember name), and Abs 6 or 3 min. I have the long one in now. It's 1 hour 20 minutes. I'm only 30" into it....but I really like it. If you like Bryan Kest, you'll like Eric. He reminds me very much of Bryan. He's sort of hippy like and talks a lot...but I don't mind cuz he says things we need to hear (like Bryan). If you have a problem "getting your groove on" - you won't like it and I don't think there is a fat person in the class........other than that.....looks like he accomplished what Budokon didn't. I only wish I had a job so I could subscribe to the monthly new workouts.

ETA: oh and the 30" min ones look a bit easy....but I've yet to do them. I'm not sure how hard the long one is, but it looks somewhat harder so far.

Hi ladies & TGIF!

This morning, I did Kelly Coffey Meyer NYC (thanks to Lora for telling me about her) & I thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the second time I've done this workout & I use heavier weights than she does in the DVD, depending on the type of exercise. I also like the cardio burst sections in this DVD & the time seems to fly by when I do it too. I will definitely use this one in my regular rotation. I will be bringing my yoga mat to work with me next week & give you guys updates on my routines. Do you know if DVDs will play on a computer?

Lora - Oh my. That sounds like a WILD workout! Do you enjoy it enough to do the premixes? I use Cathe's premixes quite a bit when I'm running a little short on time or just don't feel up to the full workout. I can usually find time for up to an hour but any more than that is too much for me in the mornings during the week. No, I haven't taken the Cardio Coach plunge yet but I checked out the website & you have really made it sound fun since you're not much into your elliptical as a stand alone fitness tool. I feel exactly the same way about the treadmill have only used it if I'm coming back from being sick or injured. Otherwise, I really look forward to my DVDs & morning exercise so I'm still a little apprehensive about it. But it sure would be an easy way to change up my cardio so I think I'll go for it. Can you purchase the workouts anyplace other than the website & can I also use it in my stereo or do I need a portable player to get the full effect?

Jen - I'm thinking about you & your DH & I wish you the best. Glad to help out with that thread for Lora. I also found the results very interesting & was certainly surprised by some of them too. Hope your workload will lighten up so you can "talk" more but I guess it's also good to be busy.

I hope everyone has a great day & a nice weekend too. I will be very busy this weekend but I'll pop in if I can find the time.

Take Care... & Namaste!

Kel

Hey ladies - forgot to mention. I checked that thread out and NO i was not surprised by the results at all, as I've been wearing my HRM for years and my numbers are similar (give or take a few). Thanks for pointing it out though, as I've not yet done Drill Max (the entire thing) so I might do that soon.

Kel - you can only purchase them on the website....but like I said, they are 100% money back guaranteed. REALLY, I NEVER thought I would like them! Honest...as I'm strictly a "visual" lady. Can't even work out on my own to save my soul...cuz I have ADD and get sidetracked. Even get sidetracked during DVDs, but I get back to it soon. I'm major ADD girl.

Guess what, I just got a personal email from Eric (the Xflowsion Guru). I had emailed the general customer service addy telling them what I thought of the workouts and that I just wish I had money to continue the monthly subscription (as I did get it ...but was planning on only getting one month's worth due to being jobless). Anyway, since he's from Michigan he took the time to write me. Here's what he said

"Hi Lora, it?s Eric Paskel from Xflowsion. I just wanted to thank you so much for checking out Xflowsion. Things in Mi are real tough as well, there is simply no work around. I am so touched that in these times you would bring Xflowsion into your home. Now that you have watched the series, get your butt moving and have some fun! It?s my hope that Xflowsion will not only give you a good work out but it will offer up some mind candy to chew on. I look forward to hearing the feedback you have after you have used the dvd?s. Please know that I am willing to learn from you as well. That?s what this is all about, living and learning from eachother. Thanks again for your participation, if you have any questions just let me know. Peace"

I thought that was very cool of him. I'm doing the long workout in the AM and I will sure let him know if it kicks my butt or not ........geez --- and tomorrow's supposed to be my rest day. You know what they say "I'll rest when I'm dead" AMEN!!!!

later ladies

Hi ladies! Tonight is my rest night. My weigh in did not go so well. I gained a pound and a half. I ran the numbers and 1/4 of a pound of it was fat and 1 and 1/4 pounds was a gain of lean body mass. That's not all bad, but weight gain was certainly not the direction I wanted to be going in right now. My Netflix DVDs came in - Janis Saffell's Kickbox Strike Zone and The Firm's Bootcamp: Maximum Calorie Burn. I am going to preview those tonight. Trying to psych myself up for a Sunday MORNING workout, since my family is having a big BBQ on Sunday afternoon.

Lora-That was too funny-you totally busted me peeking in from work! I just did not have time right then to respond. That was a nice e-mail from the Xflowsion guru. He sounds very interested in your feedback (as are we!) which I think is very cool. I saw that Ravi & Ana's newsletter was delivered yesterday, but I haven't had time to read it yet. Yes, my DH was taking supplements to increase sperm count as recommended by the urologist that performed the surgery but they were a couple of hundred dollars and we just can't really afford that for so very little progress or outcome. It just didn't seem worth it. That is interesting about circuits...for some reason I never thought of doing them as often as 3 or 4 times a week. Maybe that would help me get in more cardio while retaining lean muscle mass. That was the problem when I started adding more cardio/endurance-I lost weight, but at the expense of losing lean body mass. I am just not sure if I just need to accept the fact that to lose weight, I will have to be willing to sacrifice some lean body mass. I know what you mean about our pet/kids...I would be a pretty unhappy person without my three dogs and they really do make my life seem very full.

Kel-It's too bad you are so busy on the weekends! How is your DH's toe doing? Are you getting some relief or are you still doing double chores duty?

I am off to see what the Hardcores are up to before I go do some previewing. Talk to you later!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.