Trying to Fit Yoga In For Finally Friday 5-2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Ryan Shannahan's Kettlebell Bootcamp. I mostly used my 20-25 lb kettlebells. I also had to modify a couple overhead moves with lighter dumbbells. He uses to Kettlebells for some exercises, so I either alternated sides and paused the tape or I used two different weighted KB's and switched sides half way thru to even it up. I added a couple of sets of heavy Hot Potatos to the end, as well as Around the Body Passes, Sling Shot Catches and Swings to finish the workout off. I did Cathe's stretch from Cardio & Weights. Workout with stretch was 61" and I burned 490 calories.

Have a great Friday everyone. I've got a busy weekend planned, so I'm sure it will fly by way too quick....as usual!

Kel - I looked in my workout log and the last time I did Sarah Lurie's Volume 2, I did kickboxing moves thru the rest periods and had a pretty good workout. I think my calorie burn was close to 500....however, I think her KB sets are a bit on the short side. I'd just go heavier for them, but I can't go that heavy with shoulder presses or over the head shoulder movements. Maybe since you don't have shoulder issues, you can go heavier and you should have a good workout. Try the kickbox during the breaks. It loved it this way!

Jen - I never thought exercise would be "bad" for anyone ......even pregnant peeps......but I guess you have to be careful. I wonder why there is so much contraversy with the issue?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.