(too many) CABS n' abs ---> Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, Cabber babes!

I had a good time at the reception last night and might be, um, suffering http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/getwell/th_knockedout.gif just a little. I’ll confess…I’m thinkin’ about doin’ a nice, greasy QP meal a little later on.

Wendy :: *lol* No way would I post any pics like that! I’ll be too busy trying not to fall on MY butt! :) The dates are 2/28 – 3/2. Our plan is to leave immediately after work on Thursday (takes about 5-6 hours to get there), get up early to ski Friday, ski Saturday, and then probably ski the morning on Sunday. DSis is new to skiing this year…so far, she’s taken an all-day lesson in the Poconos and wants to ski a few more times around here before she says she’ll be comfortable beyond the bunny slope. So, I don’t know if you’d be considering this with or without DH, but you wouldn’t be the only beginner…Got DOMS today?

Angie :: it would be AWESOME if we could do the RT…I’ll take you to South Jersey’s finest establishment, where you can get hit on by silver-haired geezers wearing leather chaps...I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s amused by those bananas...Mmm, pizza sounds good.

Di :: Oh man, that is certainly a stressful situation! So what happened to DS’s job? Hope he finds something ASAP!!...I wish I could ski more, but so far it’s been 1 big trip and then 3-4 smaller trips up in VT each season. I would be in total heaven if I lived out by you. Wish I had started when I was younger…I had a Mini before and agree with you that the Nano really is an ideal size. Though the iPod Touch is flatter and fairly lightweight, it is still relatively large…Mmm, popcorn. I would love to blow off some work today and catch a matinee. Reminds me: I grabbed a box of popcorn in the Denver airport, and man, that was possibly the BEST I’ve ever had! The popcorn at the movie theater I go to here (even though I get there rarely anymore) – it’s never fresh. Hate that.

Well, once I am feeling more human later on today (probably MUCH later on!), I'd like to get in a run or some time on the EXT.

OK, so part of last night was creepy in a way. I had two married guys hitting on me (ugh) - one was an ODB - and a single guy who was trying just a tad too hard. He asked my sister to introduce him to me, told her I was "hot," and that he would "treat me right." Dude, back it up here. But I had to laugh. Usually it's my BF who finds herself in these situations, not me.

Will go check out the new workouts on iTrain and upload my photos from last night. I was a little trigger happy w/ the cam. http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_Sheepish.gif If anyone wants to see the final product (and/or pics of the Colorado trip), let me know - I'll PM you with a link to the site.

I am definitely enjoying some abs DOMS from BOSU Blast y'day.

BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Morning Girls. :)

Cathy: Sorry you are feelin' the effects of a fun night. It happens to all of us though. Hope you get over it soon! Enjoy that greasy breakfast girl!:9 }( :9
I wrote down the dates for the trip. I didn't ask DH to come b/c 1)I didn not want to assume he was also invited 2)Who says I want him there!? :7 :p ;) Seriously though I was considering it with out him. Every girl needs her alone time, right? :) First I will have to clear a babysitter for Thursday-Friday. I will ask my mom to see if she could do it for me. If she can then I may just have to take you up on this. }( You would have to help me prepare though. I have NOTHING as far as viable clothing to ski in and have no idea what to buy...except for under armour ofcourse. :7 Here's a question for you though...Do I have to sink boku bucks into clothing because what happens if I decide to never do it again? Then I have all of this stuff that will be rendered pretty useless. :-( Oh and please send me the link to the pics when you get a chance!

Diana: DH and I saw National Treasure last week. We enjoyed it too. We really liked the first one as well.

So today is my rest day but if I get bored...who knows!:7 }( :7

BBIAB.

Wendy :: oh yes, and this is not the worst shape I've been in...it'll be a greasy lunch, actually...a good ol' Quarter Pounder meal should hit the spot nicely...then tomorrow: back to business!!

Oh OK re: DH/skiing - either way would be AWESOME! Now with regard to the gear, I would say you don't need to go out and buy a ton of gear. You're right - it WOULD be way expensive! I have extras of things like neck gaitors, gloves, fleece layers, etc. And I *know* that I will be buying new skis before that trip, so you could use my current skis. They are 3 years young and in great shape - 142 cm in length, which is short but that'll be good for your first ski experiences. Do you have a ski jacket, by any chance? The only thing I foresee as a potential problem in terms of the gear are the ski pants. I have one pair that fits me now - the others are too big, so I know they'd NEVER fit a tiny little thing like you! Do you know anyone about the same size whose pants you can borrow? I think you *can* rent clothes, too, but I'm not certain. Maybe check out www.killington.com You can also find out the cost info on lessons and boot rentals. And lastly, does DH have thick ski or hiking socks you can swipe?

Here are some pics:

The happy couple...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/photos/WeddingReception-003.jpg

Mom, Dad, Jeannette, and me
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/photos/familypic.jpg

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Morning Cabbers!

I haven't gained any weight but really need to buckle down my eating and w/o's. I'm at that place again where when I don't workout consistenly my motivation wanes. I'm back on track this morning and will do MIS and a cardio.

BTW girls, I broke down and ordered P90X+ yesterday. No more giving me a hard time about it.:)

Cathy-great pics! I love a greasy burger every know and then myself. But I stocked up on sweet potatoes, chicken breast, broccoli, egg whites, fat free cottage cheese, fresh berries etc. I have all the clean eats and just need to cook for the upcoming week. Oh, DS was going to school and not working-he hasn't been working all summer (even when he wasn't in school). I don't think he loves Amanda or he would be taking better care of her/them. Amanda is receiving gov't assistance and as far as I can tell DS is mooching off of her. Of course, my MIL is a foodbank volunteer and gets them a care package each month. My son is lost and needs to find his way back to reality now. I don't really know what to do about the situation. I tried calling him yesterday but he hasn't returned my calls.

Wendy-what X rotation are you following? I'm assuming it's your own blend of cardio and P90X. You should be able to find a bargain on ski pants now if you don't know anyone you can borrow from.

Angie-Was it your idea to all meet up at the Cathe RT? I think that's a wonderful idea. I wanted to go last year but they sold out in less than 5 min's if I remember right. I hope they do a lottery to make it more fair.

I'll check back after my workout.

Have a great day ladies.

Diana

Hi Girls.

Diana: Thanks for the tip on the ski pants. I'd love it if we could all meet up on the RT too but something tells me won't ALL get that lucky. x(

Cathy: I was just talking to DH and decided that although I really appreciate the offer and it sounds like a ton of fun, I think I'm better off going locally for just a day trip for my first ski experience. He would be intersted in giving it a shot again and you (and anyone you might want to bring!) are ofcourse totally welcome to join us as well! Doing it this way will drastically reduce my expenses for something that I am not totally sure I will enjoy and want to do again. Then perhaps...if I've done it and want to do it again...we can go on a ski trip together in the future! How does that sound to you? :)

I *almost* gave in and did a cardio work out this mroning. LOL I was going to but started running out of time and didn't feel like rushing to do it when it was supposed to be my rest day anyway. Looks like I will actually get a true rest day today. I am going to the mall w/my mom. I have a VS gift card and an amex giftc card to spend as well as a pair of Lucky jeans to buy!}( I'll be heading out once Joey is down for his nap so that means the rare adults only shopping excursion for mommy and Daddy is going to stay home and watch football (UGH!) so it works out perfectly for all!:)

So after last night's extrememly rare occurance of cooking dinner on a saturday night, I got up this morning and made pancakes and bacon for all of us! I must be outta my mind! LOL I ate 3 pancakes, no butter, a little syrup and only the tiniest piece of bacon so I don't feel bad at all.:)

Well, I should probably grab a shower while the troops are happy and then it'll be time to get lunch going...

BBL!

Morning girls

I too had one too many CABs (had 4 when 3 is normally my max) last night and was expecting to wake up with a slight headache or belly ache. Actually I was just fine there....it was the entire area in between the two that were screaming at me. GS kicked my arse yesterday and my arms and trunk area are killin me.}(
I opted for grilled chicken breasts with mixed veges, salad, and a side of spaghetti instead of the pizza. I knew I was in the mood for CABs and didn't want to completely blow it. It was yummy and it didn't ruin my day.:)
Today I have Candice on CC#6 to do. I'm gonna wait for the DOMS to subside a bit before I jump on the EXT.

Diana - I feel for ya girl! The tough love approach is scary to do but hang in there. Cody has to make his own decisions and tread water on his own.....you've taught him to swim though....so hopefully he'll do the right thing. My cousins son is in the same place right now. He doesn't have a job, has no intention to work, and is mooching off his friends for a place to stay b/c my cousin kicked him out of the house to fend for himself. They just couldn't afford to support him and he's 19 and quite capable of making his own living. What do ya do???
On a lighter note.....yes, doing the roadtrip thing would be awesome! I have been afraid of doing something like that on my own, but the next time around I think I might do what I can to try and go. I too hope they do a lottery to make it more fair. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find some cool people to hang with.:)
Cody called me this morning and said his ipod isn't working. x( He wants to go back to the store today and take it back. I'm not leaving the house....so it ain't happinin' today.
Yah on the P90X+ purchase!!!! We're all in the same boat now girls.:) }( :)

Wendy - I had a CAB just for you girl.:) I thought it might be the one to put me over the edge, but I have faired pretty well this morning. We came home after dinner and played cards for about 2-3 hours and were yappin and drinkin and getting our butts kicked in some serious euchre.:7 ;( It was a fun night....
You know, I was watchin' the Today show a couple of days ago and they had a segment on there about slow movements in exercise being extremely difficult and effective. So, I did 10, 10 counts side lying leg lifts on the couch no less, and man did it burn after a set of 10. They were doing crunches on the ball with the slow counts.....I haven't done that but I'm sure that burns like crazy too. Is that kinda like what your new w/o is like?

Cathy - I hear you on the thoughts of a bad meal in the near future. Although, I'm too lazy to go anywhere so it will have to be something bad at home.
*lol* about the S. Jersey comment. All I'd have to do is buy DH a pair of chaps and I'd be all set. LOL! He's not a geezer, but he sure does have a lot of silver hair. He started turning grey at 16 and he's almost completely silver now. Last year someone thought he was my dad.....I still crack up at that.....he doesn't think it's near as funny as I do.:p
I'd love to see your pics as well.;-)

Off to make me some lunch!:9 Later girls

Angie

Hi girls,

I'm back to report that MIS and MIC are history!!! The floor portion of mic wasn't too bad today, but about 1/2 way through the step I was strugglin'. I'm drinking my post workout protein shake and it's so good.

Wendy-when the kids were little we almost always made a good breakfast for them/us on the weekends. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast etc. Now that they are older we have the "fend for yourself" breakfast. LOL

Angie-the ipod isn't working. Can you figure out what the problem is? Sometimes mine is in disc mode and I have to get it out of disk mode in order to listen to music. One of the more common slow rates is 6 counts up and 6 counts down. You can use this method with all bodypart exercises.

Cathy-I would love to see the pics too.

Diana

Hello again!

Di :: YAY! Now we can all do the X+ together!! Your food plan for the week sounds good. I am also getting back to WW and as-clean-as-possible eating tomorrow…Great job with MIS *and* MIC – wow, you really brought it!!!…It does sound like DS is due for a reality check real quick. Has he called you back?

Wendy :: of course, I fully understand wanting to go local for your first time skiing. That was exactly my sister’s rationale. It ain’t cheap up in VT. If you like it (I hope so!), then maybe we’ll have to make a future trip happen. Sounds good! Where would you & DH go to ski? I am going to Blue Mountain next Sunday for the day, if interested in meeting up…So how was your shopping excursion? Whatdja buy???

Angie :: I think gray hair on a man is sexy…but not when he looks like a lost member of ZZ Top or a Willie Nellson wannabe. *lol* Your DH doesn't look like that, does he? :7 Believe me, hang out with me one night in these parts, and you’ll understand why I never date!

I did the bare minimum necessary for work (so much for a productive weekend), HOUSED a QP meal (supersized!), napped, and have now just returned from a 3.1 mile run. All things considered, it was not a bad run. I did have to fight off a side stitch that lasted from the ½ mile to 1½ mile mark. It was nearly 50 degrees out - gorgeous!!

Hiya girls

This day has slipped away from me....actually the whole weekend has!}( I did do CC#6 with Candace and also added on Great Body Abs. Whew! It was tough.

Diana - Wow! That's a heck of a workout!!
I haven't even looked at the ipod yet.....I think I might just let him take it back. He bought it, so he can take it back. I'm thinking he may have been a little too hard on it....but I'm just guessing. I haven't even talked to him since he bought it since I was working out when they got home from grandmas.

Cathy - Just saw your pics.....looks like fun! Lots of CAB's;-)
DH is not a ZZ top dude at all. *lol* The silver hair runs in his family but he had wayyyyy more than his older brother.:eek: My family thinks his grey is because of me.....can you believe that???:eek:
I had a side stitch today in my w/o too. I was sweatin buckets! That w/o is definitely a burner.

I need to go figure out what's for supper. I'm starting to feel hungry after that w/o. I'm thinking it looks like spaghetti.:9

Later girls

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.