Thursdays X-Squad

teddy16410

Cathlete
:) Gooooooood Morning! (as Ms Sandra says);-)
Cold today so that means LOTS of coffee before 730am client...I shant be taking my clothes off to workout til later!

Lean/Phase 2/ Week 1
Its CardioX Day and thats a 'maybe' as I think I want to throw in 4DS Kick as 2nd KB day this phase.... I am trying to be consistent phase to phase.... I guess if I want consistentency I should stop throwing everything in the house in my mouth!:7

Why do we eat poorly when we are sad or stressed or bored???? What happens in our little brains that says EAT Queso, EAT Brownies, EAT burgers, EAT chips ???? If its really this stress thing & fight/flight response how do our bodies know to crave things that werent around to eat hundreds of years ago???? Oh wise Xers help me understand ......

Will return with personals as I just glanced at them.... so far Jeanette is making me crave Prime Rib and a new laptop.... Debras making me want to break out in song with Julia - (I use to use a tampon as my microphone!) .... Sandra is making me think waaaay to hard about body changes as I watch mine butt expand! Tracy is making me want to go look for more boner clips...... Nicole is making me crave GB & I dont even like GB! :+
Ahhhhhhh The thrills of being up so early! Back with personals!:*

Back with personals……..

:::::Sandra:::::
Yesterday you asked about the 26th / holiday… Unless you take it as vacation time or work for school system its just another day…. You can tell by traffic flow tho that LOTS of people take the Xmas-NY time as vacation. DH’s 12 mile trek changes from 60 minutes to 20 minutes this time of year. ~ I agree it was nice to see our chatty group back in force yesterday… I miss the goings on of all the exciting & interesting lives. Heheheheehe BathX! So you’ve got some major forearm muscle eh??? Well I shall just have to do a few extra curls today!~ Yes I think you hit the physique points dead on… I think theres a lot of merit to Tosca’s new book…. Spot reduction no – but then again the reduction we all want is FAT isn’t it? So dictating where we lose fat isn’t the same (to me) as sculpting your body with intentional focus. I actually have done that w/ Holly (client) we got the BF down in first few months and now we are purposely working various body parts in different ways to achieve the look she wants.

:::::LEA:::::
Hope DH is feeling 1000x better today so you guys can go play!

:::::Jeanette:::::
So glad you are thoroughly enjoying holidays! You are a very good girl & Santa SHOULD reward you in all ways!!! What did you end up getting DH? ~ How fun having your sis w/o WITH you!!! I’d just love that. She must be in awe of her sisters strength & endurance. Do you giggle & get silly w/ your sis after all these years? Wendell says I become a squealing child when I get with mine…

:::::Tracy:::::
Hope you have fun plans for today and will get to do more than workout & clean!

:::::Debra:::::
LOL on the “uncle” I think its cool that manners haven’t died completely out… I recall growing up “respecting my elders” – I think some of that gets taken away when little ones call adults by first name…Does that mean that DD must learn ALL the Xer last names????? She can call me Mrs. B to keep it simple! ~ Tell DD to look out tho as Mrs. B will want to play with her HM Stage FOR SURE! Good job getting that toughie workout in ! You are MOTIVATED aren’t you? So what’s the Saturday plan? You & DD pick him up? Then what happens? Where’s he staying? How long??? Send you plan anytime… Happy to take a peek .

:::::TeddyGirl:::::
Miss you girl & hope your holidays were great!

:::::LAURIE:::::
Oh I thought you’d have returned by now…. Hope you are safe & well!!!

:::::MIA Xers:::::
HO HO HO!!! Hope 2008 brings you all back more regularly!

:::::CAROL:::::
Hope the rotator cuff & hips are feeling better! I read your blog & see you are officially underway doing doubles this phase… ENJOY! Will you continue to split it to AM/PM workouts?

:::::Nicole:::::
Your post sounds EXACTLY like your Meez! Too funny that we do this to ourselves and yet find it surprising when we feel like poopie! My brain shall never make the connection! I do believe bowling is indeed considered exercise…. Give yourself that gold star for the days you bowled! CONGRATS on the ipod… I got one last year but find its pretty useless in my life unless I am running…. I am old fashioned and I like all my DVDs strewn about! Thanks for the Sandy hugs & YES it is comforting to know my girl is out of pain… healing just takes time.

Much love & many hugs to all the gals in Xer-Ville!!!!!

Hi all,

My my we were chatty last night. I agree with Traci, it is nice to see everyone around again. I was bored yesterday. The weather was horrible, low 30s and rain, the house was clean, and I wasn't going to cook. I'm going out today to run some errands, so it should be a little better. I'm off until next Wed when I have to go back.

Yesterday I did PS legs, no floor work, and the first 3 combos of Amy's KB, plus tone. The KB is fun fun and a great workout. I have a long way to go to be able to do all of those side kicks with decent form. I really is lots of plyo interspersed between punches and kicks and generally moving all of you body weight around, but not as bladder blasting as KM.

Today is cardio, core, and yoga.

Sandra - Just remember a health benefit is a reasonable weight, which should produce some physique changes. I think obesity is causing major health issues in the US. I'd have to go look for stats, but it is not pretty.

I'll BBL for personals,

Tracy

Classic/ Week 6/ Day 5/ YogaX (will sub with CardioX, and Kest's Power Yoga Sweat 3)

Oh goooooood morning! :)

Traci....Why do we crave junk food when we're feeling negatively? Because those foods typically contain the types of foods that give our brains mood boosts: sugar, simple carbs, fat. That's what I always thought. And then, of course, once you get on the feel-good roller-coaster, you have to keep on it, or you start to feel bad again. But then you feel bad for eating all the junk. It's a no-win situation. Exercise helps break the cycle because it gives you the brain boost without the crash that leads you to wanting more. This is totally my theory. YAAAY!!!! He's home! He's home!! Happy New Year to Apryl and her DH!! Stay warm!! Warm drinks are the ticket! Tosca doesn't say that spot reduction (meaning fat loss in a certain place by doing a particular exercise) is possible. Sorry if my original post lead you all to think that. I just thought that her argument that particular exercises can be used to change your proportions was like a flip side of the age-old spot reduction argument, and wondered if there was any validity to it. From your post, apparently there is! Your client seems to be living proof! The reason I'm asking about this is because I'd like to give this approach a try, but I don't want to waste my time if it's only baloney. Another thing Tosca doesn't say is how long you should stick with a certain training method to see results. I think I need the help of you and the Xers to set up a 2008 Sandra Sculpting Plan.

Nicole....I hear you about that long stretch between Xmas and New Year's. I'd love to buckle down right now, this very minute, but when I look at the days ahead of me, it seems unrealistic. I'm supposed to go grocery shopping today, but only had a few minutes to decide on my menus for the week, so I have to say it's a list that emphasizes quick and easy, over clean. It's not too bad, though. It won't kill me, at any rate. Coool news on the iPod!! What colour is it? Is it the new Touch?

Debra....Ooooops on the message mixup! I've just gone back and see what you mean. Oh well, it will keep Lea on her toes. That's super neat about the HM stage! I'm going to check it out online. DD#1 might want something like that for her b-day. She got an iDog for Xmas. She can hook her iPod Shuffle into it, and it plays the music aloud while dancing along. She loves it. Thank you for weighing in on the physique-training discussion. You are exactly right about toned muscles looking leaner. I think your observation ties into a huge problem we have: we equate "fat" to mean "out of shape". Remember when Brittany Spears bombed at the music awards this year, and everyone called her "fat"? She obviously wasn't fat, but she wasn't the buffed babe she used to be. You can be skinny, but not toned, and people will call you fat.

Tracy....Deb's post reminded me that I wanted to mention about kids' shapes: kids are built pretty much the same, give or take some length, until puberty. Those puberty hormones, it seems to me, unleash the individual structure of everyone. Obviously the child's lifestyle will have some influence, but I think those hormones bring out the genetically determined aspect of our physiques. Are you back at work today?

Jeanette....That's neat that your sister's working out with you during her stay! Maybe you'll motivate her to push herself a little harder. Er, yes, the chest work in CST is all pushups.....It's TONY, remember?? :) Actually, there's only 8 rounds of push ups, and each one is different. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? Nice news on the new laptop! What brand is it? Have you had a chance to even preview the new Christi? I haven't popped the new Kest in the player yet, so I have zero idea of what to expect.

Well, I'd better get the workout underway. DH is going to work today for a few hours, just to try and get caught up a bit. He's going to do Eoin's Pure & Simple Yoga tonight, as it is expressly made for "inflexible" people, and is relatively short. I'm taking the girls pond skating this afternoon, with a friend and her kids. But first I have to go grocery shopping and DH needs to run DD#1 to the sporting goods store, exchange last years' skates for bigger ones, and sharpen mine. Busy busy!

Have a great day!
Sandra

Good morning in Xer land! Have I mentioned that I love that school is out so that I get to sleep late in the morning??? Hmmm....what's on tap for today. I must do some laundry, go look for a dress for NYE, pick up a pair of jeans that I had altered ('cause I'm short!), do the dishes that have piled up in the sink, cardio, core, various other errands, and maybe bowling tonight with CB and his daughter. I should probably get buys, but I am not really awake yet, so I will chat with you guys and have a diet coke before I get going!

personals.....

Traci....
I will probably have DD call you guys Ms. Traci (or insert other first names here)...She already knows you guys by your first names....so that will be easier for her. She has seen all of your pics and asks me all the time where you all live and what color hair you have. Funny, hunh?? LOL about taking your clothes off to work out...Do you have some sort of naked workout that you are doing now?? I bet Wendell likes that! I am not sure why we eat more when we are stressed...some sort of comfort thing, I guess. Maybe because when we were cavemen our stress came from not having enough food...so we eat to make up the difference. Just a quick theory.

Gotta run...back in a bit to finish up.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Back again,

Cardio X is done. It's Vanessa and Jason who are engaged, not Dominique. So glad I got that mistake corrected before I ordered the monogrammed towels.

Kest's Power Yoga Sweat is done. I like that one! If you thought Eoin dripped the sensuality, he's a priest compared to this guy!

I was surprised to glance at the screen and see our very own Mr. Finn, smack in the middle of the class! Jeanette, did you mention before that Eoin's in these videos? I read the list of "students" in the credits at the end, and there's no mention of "Eoin Finn", but there is a "Sonny Day." That sounds like his sense of humour! Or who knows, in 1995, that might have been his name LOL! Seane Corn is also a participant in this video, although I haven't done any of her workouts to recognize her.

Debra....Good morning. What are your NYE plans that require a whole new dress?

It's started snowing again. We may have to shovel the snow off the ice before we can skate on it ;(

Cheers,
Sandra

Morning Xers,

I'm finally in the mood to chat with people today. We got home on Tuesday, and then went to DH's brothers for Christmas with his family. Our ride up north ended up being 7 hours long. The roads where snow covered all the way up. Some areas where like ice, so it was slow going in some areas. The trip back was fine, all roads where cleared up by then.

Had a great time at my parents. Oldest DD was able to ride my Aunts horse. Oldest even went skiing for the first time, and my DB said she did a great job. My parents ended up having about 2 feet of snow, and the girls where having fun playing in it. :D Having cousins to play in the snow with is much more fun. :D

Today I plan on doing some type of yoga. And then I have to do some catch up work. Yesterday I was so tired from all the driving that I napped quite a bit of the day away.

We are going to leave pretty soon to pay our taxes, and take the girls shopping so they can spend their gift cards. :D But we need to be home before 4 pm so oldest can babysit. I will get my workout in after that.

DH got me the Perfect Push-Ups, and my MIL gave me $125. I don't know what I will do with the loot yet. I'm checking on some type of tower that will fit in our basement. So far nothing is looking promising. DH is helping. :D

Have to get going, but will BBL to chat some more,

Laurie

YogaX

Hey all,

It's another day in Xer land and we're all still alive and kicking! Kicking slowly perhaps, but kicking just the same:D TTOM started with a vengeance yesterday so I am feeling blah today. I'll do my Yoga after the boys get up and have had their breakfast. I can't believe it's 8:45 and they still aren't awake:)

Traci-X, Every day I wake up and tell myself to be good at least half the day and then I feel the need to "finish off" something else:p I will throw it away after a week but I feel wasteful before then. My deadline is New Year's. Enjoy working out in the cold with your client. That should warm you right up!

Tracy, Enjoy your time off. That is probably just what the doctor ordered. You didn't do floorwork? I'm shocked;) Hey, exercise I can do lying down is right up my alley:) I'm glad you have a clean house. That will help you have a relaxing weekend for sure. I'll have to try that one day and let you know.

Debra, Bowling with CB & DD? How fun. I went on CE for the first time in 10 years and I bowled a 132 first round. I think it was beginners luck but it was fun:) I am so shocked that you slept in late;) I know we'll all get along just fine while we're there. Just as long as the Traci(y)'s don't interrupt our sleep:) Have fun listening to your DD singing away today.

Sandra, Pond skating? Wow, I guess it's a little cold there! Enjoy the outdoors:) My new ipod is black, I think. I'll have to open it and check. It's an 80GB one but aside from that I'm clueless. I'm with you on the grocery shopping. I feel like I may as well eat this nasty stuff so I don't want to see it again for a year. I'm going to get The Thrive Diet book and try it out before I come to meet all of the Xer's. It's good motivation that's for sure! I'll have to check out the Sweat DVD to see Eoin and Sean. I never noticed them before.

Laurie, Oh my, it sounds so cold there! I don't think I would be brave enough to drive those roads. I guess you're used to it though. Have fun shopping today. I would say the same about paying taxes, but who are we kidding:p

Jeanette, I promise I will put up the GB house pictures. I feel like we're real builders. We said it would be done on the 15th, then the 24th, now the 1st! We also exceeded are expected budget so we are officially contractors. We had prime rib too and it was yummy:9 Glad your Christmas was nice. Joe Dirt is funny but you have to like silly comedy. It's like a spoof movie.

Nicole

Bring it!!!

01_10036401102.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

Stepin' Rythym is done. I just love that one too. I haven't done it in so long, but there is never a minute to stop concentrating or you can't keep up with the footwork. It's low impact, but a great workout. I ran a few errands. I had to go back to the mammogram place because they forgot to do the sonogram on the left side. I'm like WTF? I realized it, but I just assumed they didn't need to do that one. Needless to say, I was not happy about that. It looks like lots of people are off today because the traffic was really light.

So my Mom made black walnut cake for our Xmas dinner and I'm thinking why that? Then she brought it over and it is so good. It has cream cheese frosting black walnuts, of course, and coconut, plus it just came out good. Not too dry or sticky. Since DH and I are the only ones who like it, I think I'll eat a little more and then toss the rest. I could go eat a piece right now. In fact, I was contemplating eating that for dinner, but I'm hoping that my better judgement gets the best of me. I never have any energy after I eat junk.

Nicole - Glad things are settling down at your house. Did the boys get what they wanted? I assume you were able to hold DH from purchasing any motorized vehicles. Mine are out riding theirs for the first time. I'll be happier once I get a call from them when they are on their way home. How is the back? Did you get the MRI yet?

Traci - Yet another perspective on why we eat cra* or do things we know are bad when we are feeling down. It's almost like self sabotage. The more down you get, the more cra* you eat, which reinforces the down mood/feeling and the cycle continues. I do agree with your strategy for your client. Decrease the BF, then shape. Once you get to a certain point, you can either regroup to decrease BF yet again or if it's not necessary just continue on. It works two fold because it helps get the results, plus limits boredom. So what is cold in Texas?

Sandra - Yes I think hormones do play a role in body shape, but mostly in fat deposits and choices of lifestyle. I still think that the muscle is the muscle and the wierd shapes are more from fat and less from odd muscles, although some people do have smaller muscles in one area or another, but I think a lot of that is due to the skeleton we are born with JMO. There's been a lot of talk recently about skinny fat. Just because people are skinny doesn't equate to fitness. On Dancing w/ the Stars, there was a model on at the beginning and the dancer made some comment to her like, you look good, you are just out of shape and there is nothing to you. Where does Boxing Day come from? I love Sweat. I think it is a great yoga/upper body finisher. You should try doing that one after an upper body workout. It works wonders. I enjoy the atmosphere he creates, what ever he is dripping with.

Debra - I was looking at a magazine and saw and add for the diet coke with vitamins and minerals added. Is that the healthy one you drink? OK, I just couldn't resist, but you know that stuff is just poison. DS goes bowling every now and then. Since he doesn't drink and frequent parties, there isn't much to do at night except movies and bowling. I think they have fun when they go, in fact they went last night.

Laurie - Thanks for the card. It's a good looking family you have. Long car rides in crummy weather are no fun. I think long rides in general are tiring. We do the 36 hour thing every summer and that's a long ride. What are you thinking about spending the loot on? I'm glad it's you all with the bad weather and not us. It's miserable here in bad weather.

Jeanette - I guess you are working today. Good luck with the Vista. I'm still struggling with Word in Vista. It has quite a learning curve for me. Does your laptop have a conventional keyboard?

Off to thaw some chicken for the white chicken chili and then do some yoga. My back is finally starting to feel a little better and I'm not so bent over when I stand up.

Tracy

All of the landscaping isn't done yet, but here's a picture of the Gingerbread house. I'll post another one after it's all done.

Nicole

Bring it!!!

295146935.jpg

295147313.jpg

WOW Nicole!

That is a gingerbread masterpiece. No wonder it has taken so long. The effort was well worth it. That is really cool!

Tracy

:)

Hi all,

Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 2, Week 1, Day 3 - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, AbX

Sorry I haven't been posting as much, especially in the morning as my sister is here visiting and I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with her. This morning I did CST and the pushups were a struggle. I did my best though. AbX will probably not get done as we are all watching "Dirty Jobs" right now. It's wonderful to be in the living room with DH and still be connected to you guys. Sis didn't get up in time to do a workout with me, but she did ask if I had something that she could do weightwise. I left her with Cathe's Body Fusion and she enjoyed that.

Had lunch today in town with my Grandma, Mom and 2 other sisters and 2 nieces. It was very nice. We were hoping to go to a local teahouse, but it was closed for the week, so went to a nice little restaurant. I had a nice spinach salad with raspberry vinagrette dressing on the side.

Traci, hope you warmed up this morning. It's been so cold here, feels like the cold just goes right thru you. Do you have a laptop? This is my first experience with one. So nice to sit on the soft couch. Why didn't I do this sooner? BIL is helping on the old computer. We're having trouble using a thumb drive (driver problem) with my old system Windows ME. Need to transfer my pictures and music over to the laptop. CD burner door on my old computer won't open. We'll get it figured out somehow. A tampon as a microphone? You crazy girl!! I didn't end up giving DH much of anything but a gift certificate at a gun shop. We spend so much on his toys throughout the year. He's always coming up with new things to get for the Rhino. Sis and I don't get too silly anymore, but we used to be very close as teenagers. We shared a bedroom and prayed together every night, also sang together a lot too. Sure wish she lived closer.

Tracy, nice that you are off work. I sure wish that I had gotten this week off. I didn't put in for it in time and 2 other gals already had. My sister did CTX Kickbox yesterday, and said that her stomach felt kind of sickly when she got done. Think maybe she should have eaten a little bit. She's not used to much cardio at all. Sorry you have to go back to finish the mammo. Bummer. Son went out in the cold today riding 4-wheelers in the snow. Brrrrr. Should be warming up a little bit by New Years. We have a morning group bike ride on tap. I think this is a conventional keyboard as I haven't had any problems. I don't have Word on here, just Microsoft Works. My BIL said I can download a free version of Word and Excel. I'm going to check into it when I get done with this post.

Sandra, my new laptop is a Dell 1720. Will take me a little while to get used to it. I might need a "Dummies" book. I hope to do yoga tomorrow morning with my sister for about 30 minutes (Eoin Finn, I think, maybe the one that your DH is doing) and then hopefully do my Christi or vice versa I supposed would be better. We'll see. Love having my sister here, but just have to modify if she wants to work out with me. Have fun skating! So it is Vanessa and Jason that are engaged. Is Jason in AbX? I should know as I've done that workout enough. What, Eoin is in Bryan's video? I never noticed. I'll have to check out the other 2 that I have that are from the same series. Glad you liked the tape. Yes, Bryan is very sensual. When he goes up behind the fellas and corrects or supports them, I can't help but think my DH would be very uncomfortable.

Laurie, sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time over the holidays. So you are getting the Perfect Pushup? I'm starting to think I need some pushup bars as my wrists have gotten really stiff and are bothering me a bit when I do pushups.

Nicole, love your GB house! Your hard work shows. Is DH happy with it too? Yep, you guys are real contractors, over budget and beyond the expected time. I'm having a tough time staying away from the sweets myself. Hard to do with Sis here and just wanting to enjoy myself. Will get serious after the first of the year. Actually, not doing too too badly. I can't believe how easy and tasty the prime rib was. Will be doing this more often I think.

Got to go now, Dirty Jobs is over and we're watching Dog Whisperer.

Probably won't check in in the morning again but will try for later in the day.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.