Those wonderful 40's !!!

OK, I'm back. I remember that I should draft my note before I paste into the forums in case I get interrupted, etc. Guess what, just got interrupted while I was drafting my note, sigh.

I had a very stressful weekend so therefore I did nothing on Saturday. Sunday I did CH/Back from Meso3 and I'm increasing my weight on bench (70 lbs) and flies (22 lbs)! Monday I ran 4 miles.

I was up until 3am Friday night (or should that be Sat morn?) DS21 has been having a demanding mgr with making unreasonable demands for upsales (this is a new mgr in the last few months). She's been making threats to fire him and I've told DS21 to hang in there, we don't quit. All he can do is his best job and ask people to buy the stupid rewards program. DS called me during his friday night shift, crying. She had taken him to the back room to discuss his sales and threatened that she would never fire him but would cut his hours to 3 hrs a week, more stuff was said but it ended up with her yelling at the top of her lungs, standing up, red faced, pounding on the desk. So while DS was talking to me she came back, DS put the phone in his pocket and then I heard her condescending tone asking if he was going to quit, did he call his parents and would they let him quit, is he finishing his shift and other stuff I couldn't clearly hear. He asked for his break and I told him we don't quit and he is better than she'll ever be and to go back for the last hour of his shift. He said she threatened to call us telling us he was playing her to fire him and that we should quit paying for his college. Anyway, he went back to work and everyone was surprised, but he finished his shift with his head held high. He came over to our house after work to discuss what to do. After hearing her on the phone I couldn't expect him to continue with the harrassment from her. So we decided to involuntary resign under duress because he was being coerced and threatened by her. I hope he finds another job, not sure if he will get unemployment and worst case is he will just borrow money from us to pay his living costs that we don't cover. It just broke my heart that I've been sending him into work in this environment.

On another note, I'm looking at booking another cruise, this time in Sept. Because of tax credits for college kids (and I have 2) I need to make sure I don't earn too much to disqualify me. that credit will be worth $5000 and I would hate to disqualify myself by earning a few $ too much! So that makes perfect sense to take time off and go on a cruise! :)

Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did!

P.s. I think I got interrupted like 10 times since I started this note!

Hi everyone! Lisa, so sorry to hear about DS, how heartbreaking for him. I don't understand why people need to be bullies? We get so much farther being nice to others. Some people are so miserable they want everyone to feel the same. Still humid here, tried to do a Powerstrike, the sweat was pouring in about 10 min., I just wasn't feeling it so I gave up and washed the floor! I will try again later, they said it is going to break by dinner! We went to a minor league baseball game last night, horrible storm came in, we left after a while got home, no power! We just went to bed, power came on 10 hrs later. Had a busy weekend, with 2 grad parties Sat. We leave on vacation on Sat. need to start getting stuff organized. Murphy, any bites on the house? Kathryn, how did it go with your guests? Ronne, what's new? Have a good day all! Mary

Hello

Lisa - that stinks! What a bully. There's just no need to shout at people like that. Do people who do that think they're going to get results? Life is not like some stupid sport film! Sounds like you're DS will be much better off elsewhere.
Well done you for the weight loss.

Mary - are you off to your lake house this weekend? How lovely. I know what you mean about sweating. We're having a mini heatwave here at the moment (dry though) and I'm sweating like a pig in my workouts.

We managed to have a bit of a quieter weekend for a change. Watched football and tennis, did Travel Fit on Sunday. Yesterday was 4DSBC. It's the last week of my homemade rotation, I'm thinking ahead to next month's, planning to use Shock Cardio with SS/PP and maybe PS as they're my new DVDs.
Oh and I ordered the new KCMs on presale. It ends tomorrow Mary, if you're interested!

Bye!

Howdy all, I feel like I am in a rut (yes, again). I want a new dvd to use, I feel like I am doing the same stuff over and over. As I type I realize the problem - I am doing the same stuff over and over and that is because my "stuff" is backed away. Great, :-( We have had a bunch of people look at the house, two people seem really interested, but they are first time home buyers and want to look at a few more before they decide. I did the same thing so I understand. It is still so frustrating.

Lisa - sorry to hear about DS. I hope he can get unemployment. I believe, in NJ anyway, you can get unemployment with a voluntary quit. Good luck to him. Who knows what is wrong with people...

Hi everyone. today I took an unplanned rest day. I didn't sleep well. DS18 was out until 2am and I worried about him. I gotta give him his freedom (he'll have it soon enough when he is in the dorm) but I still worry. So anyway, I slept in. Are you all just sooooooo looking forward to these older kid issues you will be facing?

Murphy, I hear ya about a workout rut. Sometimes I feel the same. In fact, dare I say, I just can't do STS straight through this time around so I'm going to break it up next week with 4DS as produced....I've never done it that way and hoping it will put a spring in my workout.

Ronne, this weekend is our big 4th of July, what am I doing? RELAXING! I'm really into this book I've been reading (it's by the same author as the DaVinci Code).

Mary, wanna come wash my floor? :) The humidity is less here these days but it's in the 90s! I'm NOT a summer kind of gal.

so, I'm booking my Alaska cruise!!!!! Am I crazy or what? Here I haven't gone on the other one I booked and I'm booking another. Hoping the ear patch keeps the seasickness I get away.

Hi Kathryn, if you're lurking.

Hi all! Last evening the humidity finally broke, did all of GS legs, today did PH, did the leg sections with body weight only, was really just trying to get some upper body in. It is only 70 here today, a perfect day! Lisa, I would come wash your floor, I do enjoy cleaning, however then the kids walk in and it is all destroyed! I am dreading the kids staying out late! I will be a nervous wreck! Are you reading The Lost Symbol? I have had it in my pile, maybe I will take it with us? Murphy, I will say a prayer those people can't live without your house! Ronne, I am feeling some peer pressure! I'm not quite sure about the power lifting? It looked like a lot of clean and snatches. I read the pre-sale ends Sun, so I still have time to sucumb to that pressure!! Kathryn, Where are you?? Have a good day, talke to you tomorrow! Mary

I have reverted to trying some new The Firm stuff. I have to say, the original The Firm's were the best of the bunch. This new stuff...well, it is not all bad, it just does not do the trick like the originals. Anyway, that is just my humble opinion. Unfortunately those (the originals) are packed away too... :-(

Mary - thanks for the prayers. It is a tough market!

Murph

Hi ladies! I'm so proud of myself! I managed to go home last night and do the workout I missed --- STS Sh/Bi/Tri Meso 3, then today I did Step Moves. Emotionally feeling good for doing it, but my back is stiff and achy.....maybe from sitting in this chair at work too much! I almost brought in a heating pad but instead popped a couple advil.

Mary, yes, the book I'm reading is The Lost Symbol...I had to go home and look because I couldn't remember, I couldn't even remember the author --- Dan Brown. It's really good and hooked me in---if only I wouldn't fall asleep as soon as I start reading (it's not the subject matter, it's just me). Good job on the workouts! Are you planning to do the other hip after summer?

Murphy, I just feel I get the best results with Cathe....while I was doing Chalean Extreme I don't think I saw the progress I'm starting to see now. In fact someone complimented me the other day and said they could see the muscles in my arms just with me sitting at the desk.

Hi Ronne and Kathryn!

Gotta run for now...I'm hoping to finalize my Alaska cruise today. Now DH is getting excited, while we were trying to figure out what to do with some time off (and kids gone) he wasn't too excited. Why is it the women have to do all the vacation planning?

Good morning! Just did Bob Harper's yoga, it went fast, I'm not just the biggest fan of yoga tho, had to give it a try tho! I scheduled my surgery for 7/30, gives me a month before I go back to work. Lisa, how fantastic, 2 cruises! I'm jealous! Murphy, I tried a couple of the new Firms, just not the same energy as the originals. Kathryn, Ronne, Hello! have a good day everyone! Mary

Hi everyone

Posting a bit late today.

Today was 4DS KB. Just one more day to go of my rotation. I'm so pleased I've managed to stick to it. I have seen an improvement, those low plane lunges in legs don't seem quite so hard now.

Lisa - sounds like you've got the holiday planning well in hand.
I dread the teenage years, to be honest. I think it could be pretty tough!
How are you finding Step Moves? Any easier now?

Murph - I didn't realise you'd packed away most of your DVDs. That must be really frustrating!

Mary - I thought the same about the powerlifting. But it's only one half of the DVD and the other one looked good. I thought it would make a change at least.

right, back to the tennis. I'm glued to the TV at the moment!

Hi everyone, I have to make this a quick post today. A little busier today at work but thankfully it was slow yesterday as I got my Alaska cruise all set up!

today I did Plyo disc 32....I didn't pause at all !! I'm feeling a bit better, blood pressure is better (although dealing with DS's mgr had it up there last weekend). I guess I'm accepting my loss of my dear Maddy and know I deserve to be happy.

Ronne, I did well on Step Moves! I kept up with the steps and the breathing ! :) I'm really feeling like I'm making some progress in my workouts now.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all! Today I did Bob Harper's strenght w/o, seemed to have a lot of cardio in it, a lot of shoulder work, (which I loathe!) Then mowed the grass. Getting ready to go to the movies, the kids want to see The Last Airbender, based on a cartoon. Actually looking forward to it, it is one that I enjoy! I hope everyone has a good holiday, we get to go a day early, won't be around next week. I am taking some w/o's, I'll let you know how that goes! Have a good day, Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - hope you have a great break. You can take a break from workouts as well!

Lisa - glad to hear you're feeling better. So when is the Alaska cruise planned for? Is that after or before your Caribbean one?

Well, today I did CCC and a Stretch Max segment which was just lovely! Watching the tennis again! I'll be quite glad when it's over and I can get away from the TV :D. Hope you all have a good weekend. See you on Monday.

Hi ladies! I did Step Blast today, was a sweaty mess! That workout really creeps up on you and POW you are sweating up a storm!

Ronne, we will go to Alaska in September, so before the Caribbean. I've been wanting to go but only feel right about going in Sept as there is kid issues all summer, each summer it seems. Sept is a bit cooler (fine by me) and a bit rainier. Congrats on CCC, that has a big dread factor for me. I like just doing the core work on that one. You are glued to that tennis, aren't you? I like watching tennis, but I don't get absorbed into it as much as you :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.