TGIF Melters!!!!!

Good Morning!

Hi to all and TGIF is right!

Hi Robin and all that follow:

I was supposed to take today off...DH is taking a half day, but work got crazy late yesterday afternoon so I will be going in for half the day...hopefully I will get out by noon!

BBL

Deb;)

Goodmorning melter chicks! Yikes, I've melted a couple this week without even trying. Must be the busyness factor preventing me from eating. Have no fear though. I'll gain it all back next week when I don't VBS to distract me every evening.

Allison, many, many hard, deeply felt hugs to you. I'm sorry your parents behavior is such a weight on your petite shoulders. I'm glad you had a meltdown at the doctor's yesterday. Hopefully the new therapist he recommended will help you work through all the nastiness you are facing. Fibromyalgia!?!?! (Did I spell that right?) That doesn't sound pleasant. But maybe if that's what you have, you can get some treatment to help.

Hey to all the rest of you sweet things. I have to get to work. I'll try to get back later for personals. I don't think I'll be getting to a workout today. Yesterday I managed to do CTX All Step and Shoulders, but I'm really dragging on Day Five of VBS. I love it, but I'll be so glad when it's all over tonight. Then I'm heading to Perkins with the rest of the staff to celebrate with a BIG BUTTERY MUFFIN!!!

Hi Melters-

This former melty lady is back to say hello and reconnect. here. I see that this group has grown in the last few months! The more the merrier. :D

Hi Allison- I d not know what is up but here is a hug for good measure
(((HUG)))

Robin- Wow VBS every night for a week? Have you been to the Glen this summer?

Tneah- did I read that you will be spending more time, like all of it, on your yacht? Will it be in San Diego? No more LV? Are you using your KB's currently in a rotation?

Hi Shelly , Deb and Lanie And all of you fun melty types.

How many of you are using the nutrition software here at Cathe Nation? I am hesitant to spend money on it when Sparkpeople if free. But it has encouraged me to go back to Spark people again.

Hi melters. With all my good intentions to join a check-in, I must admit I'm finding it difficult to keep up.

Okay, Robin, I give up. What's VBS??

Deb, I sure hope you manage to get out early today.

Judy, HI!!!!!!!!!! It's great to see you!! How are your lovely daughters doing? How is your daughter's career in NYC going? Got any vacations planned for the summer?

Would you guys believe my cardio was shopping this week? Ok, those who know me will believe it, but really. I've walked about 5 miles this week just back and forth from my office to the stores. The good news is, my wallet is still healthy as I really didn't buy much. But I can't wait to get back to my regular exercise this weekend.

I have just 2 pounds to melt off in order for my clothes to fit right again. I think I can. I think I can.

TGIF and happy Fried-Day all!

Morning Melters!

I hope all is going well. So I had my consult with the acupuncturist last night. He thinks I should take herbs along with getting acupuncture to help fertility. Hopefully I wont have to go through that other stuff as before and this works instead. That is pretty much it. This has been my first rest week in FOREVER and hip flexor is still bothering me but what can you do. I should enjoy it right??? (the rest that is ;))

Every am I think I will be the first already on here and not once have I been. You guys wake up at the crack of dawn!!

Nancy - You are so close!! You must be feeling great. That gives me some motivation for the 10 I have to get off for mine to fit :) Shopping cardio is my fav too!!
Did you get anything good of what you did buy???

Jafitmama- I had purchased the software I had a glitch to where it didnt work but they fixed quickly if you actually use it, it is extremely helpful!!

fox2star- dont work too hard and def try to leave at noon :)

buffetgirl- isnt it great being busy?? Perkins sounds yummy!!

bbl

Morning.
mornincoffee.gif

This seems to be my most-used smiley lately. It so accurately depicts how I feel.

Just a quick post to let Nancy know that VBS = Vacation Bible School. :D

Later tater tots.

Morning melters!

Robin, I have been missing your posts darling, but am very, very, happy to see that you have melted off a few pounds?? Enjoy your yummy muffin!:p

Nancy, I cannot keep up either, so don't worry! How wonderful you have turned a shopping experience into a workout that has you two pounds away from you goal!:D

Judy, hey darlin', long time no see! Yep, we are in SD all summer into November actually....its crazy, moving from one boat to another...we just bought a new boat and sold the other one. And yes, I am a total kettlebell convert for sure. Love them, a whole body workout without traditional lifting which is wonderful for me cause I get sick of weight training.

Erin, so you are trying to get preggers huh? The fun part is in the trying right?;)

No melting for me this week as I have eaten and drank like Caligula...I have also worked my tail off too, so maybe it'll all even out in the end..

Well, I’m here and still tired! I’ll have some groceries delivered between 11 and 1 and I’ve been spending the morning cleaning house (making use of the time saved by not going to the store myself). I’m taking a little break from sweeping and mopping while one section of the floor dries.

I’m wearing my new goofy red with white polka dot shoes, and Isaac said “They’re almost like clown shoes.” Suddenly they don’t seem so cute to me. I hate clowns. But at least they were super-cheap.

Here’s what I’m thinking about for my rotation next week:
Mon: Cardio & Pilates
Tues: Kettlebells
Wed: Yoga
Thurs: Kettlebells
Fri: Cardio & Pilates
Sat: Kettlebells or Jog + Upper Body
Sun: Rest

I’m trying to arrange for yoga on Wednesdays because when school starts I want to go to a class on Wednesdays.

Deb, hope you manage to get out by a half day.

Robin, enjoy the last evening of VBS. Man, I wish I knew of a VBS around here. My church doesn’t do it (which is just as well or I’d have to volunteer ;)). I feel like I did so much VBS stuff in college that I deserve a couple years of sending my kids without volunteering. Is that awful or what?

Judy! Nice to see you back in Meltyland. You’re one of my Facebook friends as well but I don’t think you hang out there much, do you? I am using the nutrition software—or I at least paid for it but I’ve been using it sporadically. It’s cool when I do remember to use it, though. I’m also considering re-trying the South Beach Diet because I have such a bad carbs addiction.

Nancy, I guess my cardio this week was shopping as well. At least it really does move into cardio sometimes since I walk into and around the village to shop. :)

Erin, yep, we have some early risers here (I am not one of them). Even some of the west coasters get on before I do most days. I’m sorry about the hip flexor bothering you. I have never had that particular problem but my knees and ankles give me trouble sometimes. I’m also having a rest week because I’m just plain exhausted. I’ll be ready to go back with enthusiasm next week.

Allie, here’s another good smiley for how we feel:
022.gif
(((HUGS))) I am also exhausted right now (as I usually am) but it’s compounded post RT. I know not everyone has such trouble recovering, but I do.

Tneah, or should I say Caligula? How are you feeling now that you’re all moved? You are all moved now, right?

Hello to all who follow. Off to clean another section of floor.

Nancy- Hi to you too! I do believe you can knock off 5 miles shopping easily:eek:. The My DD's are doing well thank you. Bethany has moved to the west side and she has a doorman and a great view. She continues to work for MTV. Nina is starting senior year and has a pretty tough list of colleges to apply to. Keep your fingers crossed! We do have a vacation planned for out 25th wedding anniversary in November.

Erin- Thanks for the nutrition software plug. I may cave in at some point.

Lanie- I don't seem to get to Face book very often. But I may once the weather gets nasty again. I like your rotation for next week!

Tiffany- (Is it OK if I call you that?) I am really liking the KB workouts too! AOS Newport should arrive in a few days. I am anxious to test it out. Congrats on the new yacht/boat! I saw a post about a product you were involved in, is it the product that your business sells? ( I hope you do not mind me asking)

Shelly where are you today?

Swift drive-by posting this morning, but will try to BBL for more melt-o-rama:

Judy – Hi! Yes, this group has grown quite large. Anniversary in November? Mine too! This year is 11 for me though. I love November. J

Lainie – I hate clowns too. But your red shoes do NOT look like clown shoes. J

Hi Nancy! Shopping is TOTAL body conditioning.

Erin – acupuncture? Hmmm… I don’t like needles, so that’s a little foreign to me. I read an article though that there’s a “new technique” (seems like there is always something “new” right?) that uses the same philosophy without needles – I can’t remember though what they use. So – that was helpful, wasn’t it? Sorry about that hip flexor.

Hi Allie – sorry you’re groggy again today – but you had a late night with your class! Thursday is OVER now! WOOO HOOO for you!!!!!

Uh Tneah, you are FAR from Caligula my dear. ;)

Ms. Robin – mmmmmm buttery muffins… I melted a fraction of a pound this week for Mr. Trainerman. Dang it seems like more than a fraction of a pound should move. Okay, okay, it was .8 of a pound. Plus AF is here so maybe I’m holding water… excuses excuses. Sorry you’re beat from VBS – but think of all the wonderful lives you’ve touched! Yay for the weekend! You don’t have to work this one, do you?

Hugs to all to follow my dear melties!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.