TGIF MELTERS!

Morning Deb and everyone else!

I don't want it to be Friday!!! That means my vacay is almost over. WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!:confused:

I need to go check on yesterday's happenings.

Today will be a kickboxing workout for me. I think Absolutely KB with Kim Spreen. I love her.

Chris has to work today, so Sophie and I are going to finish up her back to school shopping (she still needs a new backpack) and do some other stuff, and she wants to bake an apple pie! It's going to be another rainy, stormy one here. I didn't have the best week for weather, that's for sure.

Okay, I so didn't need to read that Tneah loves Newport too!!!!!!

Lainie - you're going to have such a blast, and it'll be nice to walk into the hotel with someone that you've already kind of got to know. I'm glad you packed undies ;) Don't be nervous, darlin'. RT is all shapes and sizes and fitness levels!

Allie - didja survive school? Definitely drag that crockpot out. It's awesome and super-easy.

BG - yeah, the beach was lovely. Did you get that PB in yesterday?

I miss Robin!!!

All right, off to the shower for me!

Okay, here I am because some of my most favorite Cathletes in the world are here. ;)

I don't know what's come over me lately, but I've done 6 workouts since last Saturday, which for me is AMAZING! Not that the WOs have been so strenuous or anything, but still. I don't make any plans or do any rotations, I just WO when I feel like it, and don't when I don't. My workouts consist of cardio at the gym, CoreMax, Firm Supersculpt LB, Push Pull UB and MuscleMax UB. Two of the 6 WOs were CoreMax because I need to take good care of my lower back.

I'm so sorry your vacay is ending, Shell. I LOVE staycations and haven't had one in ages. It's not over till it's over though. So enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
Good morning, everyone!

Unlike poor Shelley, I'm VERY glad it's Friday. It always feels so good to get another week over with. :D

Deb - get back here so I can see what you're up to. ;)

Shelley - I've been thinking about Kim Spreen for this weekend, since I'm supposed to do kickboxing. But maybe I'll do step instead.... KB is getting harder and harder for me to like.

Nancy - Hi there - long time, no see. Good job on the week of workouts!

So, last night I did a very good thing. I guess. I was supposed to do the 4DS KB/Legs workout. But that would involve handling weights. So I was a good girl and did CF instead, so I wouldn't strain my stupid thumb again. CF was fun, of course! I think I may try some weights while wearing my brace this weekend and see how it feels.

My eating yesterday was NOT according to plan. I think that "HUNGER" thing was actually because I woke up at 3:35 and couldn't go back to sleep, so my whole routine was screwed up. I ended up eating a big bag of nuts/dried fruit... better than chips or cookies, right? There aren't very many healthy snack options around here when I run out of the food I bring to work. I expect I'll be back to normal today.

I'm not sure if I'll get a workout in or not today. I need to go take care of the insurance and registration stuff for my new car. I'm going to try to leave work early. But a visit to the Revenue Office is never a pleasant thing. If I have time for a workout, I'll just wing it and do whatever strikes me when I get home.

Mornin'.
mornincoffee.gif

I'm so tired. I didn't get home from school until almost 11pm and I had to eat something since I hadn't had dinner. So that put me in bed around midnight. But somehow I managed to get up and do PLB and the Power Circuits (with leg work) from BM2. I'm beat. School was a nightmare last night. I can't stand the people in my class!
gaah.gif

Anyhoo, just wanted to say hi. One good thing about today is that it's pizza day at the office! Yippee!
3120.gif
We had a record month in July so everyone gets pizza today. I'm psyched. Dang, I love pizza.
91.gif

Ta ta for now. I'm too lazy to write anything else. Sorry.

Oh, I forgot to say hi to Nance!! Hey Nancelicious! How are you?!?! I'm so impressed with all of your workouts lately. Rock on.
hessam4.gif
I'm so glad you decided to join our group! Trust me---you're gonna loooove it here. These women are hysterical!

Hi again!

Just shoveling in my cereal before the day starts...

Hi Nance!!! I'm impressed with your 6 workouts! Be warned that some of the chicks in here are craaaaazy with the workouts *ahem Allie ;)*

Shannon - it's the weekend. Do a workout you enjoy and take the dang kb out of your rotation, because I KNOW you don't like it! Good for you on holding off on the weights last night. I hope all goes smoothly at the reg. office today. Oh, and Chris still has a bit left to go at work.

Allie, Allie, Allie - you're beyond tired and yet you do a killer workout! You're craaaaaaaazy :eek: But we love ya. What's up for the weekend, chica? Mmmmmmmmm.... pizza. I love it too.

Allie, Allie, Allie - you're beyond tired and yet you do a killer workout! You're craaaaaaaazy :eek: quote]

Hmmm....good point. What's my deal? I just have this weird complex where if I don't kill myself doing a workout, I don't feel like I "worked out". Therapy, anyone?.....:eek::confused:

I am preparing to leave around noon today. I hope the chick giving me a ride is cool. Well, it takes super-annoying to really bother me, so she’ll probably be fine. It occurred to me last night she might have super-crappy musical taste or want to listen to talk radio (and not NPR which is the only talk radio I listen to anymore, and not often) all the way down. Oh well, it’s just a couple hours anyway—barring insane traffic—but considering we’ll be driving past NYC toward Philly, insane traffic is probably a given.

I think I’m going to take my laptop with me so perhaps I’ll be able to pop in a bit or at least post some pics.

Anyway, I’m tarred (big surprise there). I didn’t sleep too well last night—lots of tossing and turning and crazy dreaming. I dreamed I was on this other planet humans had colonized, but it was going to blow up, so I was seeking out a dude who could build a spaceship to escape.

Deb, you sound so jolly and awake in your brief post. :)

Shelley, I’m sorry your vacation is almost over. Sucks to get back to the grind. Speaking of the grind, when does school start for Sophie? My boys start around Sept. 3rd. Yeah, I know I’ll have a good time regardless of my waist size. :) I think I’m mostly irritated because a year ago I weighed 15 lbs less and was about 4 sizes smaller. Ugh. Well, if I can gain that in a year I can lose it (or more) again in a year, right? (Just say yes.)

Nancy, Woo-hoo! So glad we convinced you to come join the Melties. Great job on the workouts—I haven’t done so well this week—rather odd since I leave for the RT today. Oh well, I’ll get plenty of exercise this weekend.

Shannon, good luck with that darn thumb injury. Oh, and good luck with the red tape stuff for the car.

Allie, wow, great workout for a tired-out chica. You go girl!

Tneah, thanks for perusing my blogs. Glad you liked the Ewan singing videos (that’s at http://lainiefig.blogspot.com for any of you that didn’t see my post last night).

Well, here’s what I’m thinking for a possible post RT rotation (after a couple days or more of rest):
Mon: circuit or kettlebells
Tues: yoga or pilates
Wed: circuit or kettlebells
Thurs: yoga or pilates
Fri: circuit or kettlebells
Sat: yoga or pilates
Sun: rest

What do ya’ll think? I remember having a stronger core when I did Pilates and I think I wear myself out when I do 6 days of full on workouts. I guess I could at least try it and see how I feel.

Good morning Melties!!!!!

I tried my very hardest to come up with a cardio that didn't use legs (because I can hardly walk, thank you very little), so I ended up doing iTread sprints. Um, eeeyahhh, because THAT doesn't require much effort. Whatever. I made it.

Nancy! WELCOME!!! Another curly girl to add to the pot of melties. Glad to have you.

Shelley - You have been on my mind quite a bit lately! How's kicks? Mmmm... apple pie. I can smell it. Really, I can. I guess I missed somewhere that Chris got a job! I don't know how I could miss that, but I'm glad in any event!! Yep, got my PB. It's a whole tsp, so you know it's very very important.

Miss Allie - Wherever do you get those smilies? They are so cute!! You SHOULD be tired after getting home so late and getting up for such a workout. You rock! But see, Thursday is now OVER! WOOOO HOOOO

Deb - Good morning darlin!

Lainie - I like your "OR" rotation. Options are always good. ;) I'm sure you're going to have a blast! Wishing you safe travels with non-irritating company, dearest.

Shannon - it always cracks me up when you speak of "THE HUNGER." I know it well. And if you were THAT hongree, your body needed something! Ugh on the errands today after work. Hope they go smoothly and you miss all the Friday traffic!

Later tater tots! I possibly am going to be dealing with meanies today, so send me all your non-meanie vibes or meanie-away vibes... whatever works to keep them at bay. I don't like meanies.:(

BBL

Lainie--you know what? I really like the looks of your rotation. I think I'm gonna try that for a week and see how I like it. Gracias!

Have fun at the RT! I'm so jealous it hurts!!!

Oh, and could your boys be ANY freakin' cuter!?!?!?!?!?

Hi,

I was thinking of joining this check-in too if you don't mind. :)

Happy Friday everyone! It will be even happier at 5 right? I am super jealous of the RT's today!! It was such a blast and wish I could go there again. I jump started me out of my rut (except for yesterday and today). Allie, I hear you on the school dept. I am signing up again today for the fall semester took the summer off brings back memories eek!! But Kudos for getting in the workout. I am definitely like that too if I don't find myself getting an intense workout then I have to try to get another one in later that day. I must also say that working out in the am is much better but have to become consistent with that again :)! I'm thinking about buying ITread for running on the TM since I have a cardio coach and can't seem to get into it. Does the Itread tell you what speeds to run at because thats what I would prefer. I normally jog at 7.5-8.0 but didn't know how that would correlate with an Itread?

Lanie you are going to have such a great time on the Road Trip I can't even begin to tell you and its good your driving and not flying (I was delayed for over 6 hours coming home), but was worth it!!

Morning All!:D

Deb, where art thou princess??? Been busy lately? I miss your afternoon check-ins chica, just thinking bout you is all! Hugs to Kelsey and Keegan.:p

Shelley, Sigh, yep, I loved Newport, although I was reading over on the videofitnessforum--I never post there, I just like to read it...some were saying they thought the Extreme Cardio Kettlebell workout was harder because of the no breaks thing. I thought they were about the same actually. At the end of Newport when you are tuckered out? Anthony dude makes you do these snatches for 5 minutes straight! I thought I was going home to Jesus during that segment!:eek: *drools* Is that apple pie I am smelling?:p

Nancy! Yippee!! You chose us you did, how exciting!!:D Welcome, welcome, and good job on those 6 workouts. I know you have mentioned on the OD that you mostly workout at the gym? Or do you just do cardio at the gym, and weights at home? I agree with keeping the lower back strong, so important to have that balance between abs and those lower back muscles.BTW, I had no idea you were so chesty chica! :eek: I saw that avatar of you and DH and couldn't believe my eyes..:eek:sorry, just excited to have another "chesty" friend amoung us.;)

Shannon, skip the kickbox if its a dread thing, I feel like a total spaz doing kickbox since my surgery, I have lost my "kicking style" and feel as if I am flailing my legs about in a very clumsy and ungraceful manner. I like the punches okay, but would rather do an itrain, a Cathe Imax or CC anyday! Good luck with the car stuff, sheesh I hate that kind of thing too!:confused:

BG, hey girl! Way to go with those sprints, maybe it helped move some of that lactic acid outta those legs? I ate three teaspoons of peanut butter all by itself this morning in honor of you!:p I know! I should NOT buy this stuff, its just too easy to dig in and go nutso, well at least its reduced fat, and not the Jif kind, I got it at Whole Foods, but still..:eek:

Lainie bug...oh how fun, I am excited for you! I know I can count on you to take a zillion pictures of Cathe and all the lovelies there! You get to meet Peggy, Leanne and Kara too! Sending you "good music" vibes as well as "no traffic" vibes today..:D

Allison, so will we be cooking for Jimmy boy today?:p Your workouts make me tired sweetie, just reading them, makes me tired. You are an animal, and yes! Please do try and follow Lainie's rotation, because I think if you get the right Kettlebell workout you will be hooked too!

I woke up with creaky joints and a cranky lower back...yeah whadda ya gonna do but work it all out right? I have done my kettlebells three times this week...so that is enough I think. Today might be an itrain or maybe the miserable stationary bike which is what I really should do, but I only like spin bikes...*pouts* then I feel like my rump needs a bit more work, so will head to my little gym by the bay here and do some cable work...

PS: Nancy, to get you up to speed...Breckie is on a intense program, the one I was one a few months back, we refer to her trainer as "Mr. Trainerman"...she might be slightly grouchy at times due to her trying to fit in 7 mini-meals throughout her day and all the cardio she has to do.;) Just lookin' out for ya BG!

I live in Vegas, but DH and I have a boat in a marina in San Diego, we just bought a newer boat, it arrives this Saturday, we are staying here all summer long!
Allison has a new boyfriend named "the boy" or rather "Jim".
Deb has a new puppy aka "the terror" named Keegan who took first place in his puppy school!
Shelley might be the fastest runner--ever! We call her our resident "gazelle".

Leanne, Peggy, and Kara, Lainie too are all at the RT this weekend getting their Cathe fix.
Shannon just bought a new "green" car and is our "calm cool pool of reason" around here!
Robin is on vacay sunning and relaxing..
Kristi has two lovely twin girls and loves the color pink!
Okay, how did I do?:D:D

Hey everyone - Just checking in from the RT. Just got done with early bird class. What a rush!!! Cathe is sooooooo sweet and Cedie too. They both look phenomenal. I was a total clutz with the step workout, but it was still fun. Catch you kittens later.

*wink*;) Do I know my gals or what??:D Its always nice to have a little "heads up" when you join a check-in I think. We are such a chatty, busy bunch its hard to keep up!

OK, new girl, what's your name sweets? Welcome! Not sure what your name is, I will guess Erin? I know, they are having so much fun huh? Did you go on the July trip?

As you can see, I walked the pup and am finishing up my protein pudding, I just add a bit of water to the powder and mix, its quicker than dragging out the blender and ice cubes, I feel lazy today.;) I am so sore, don't wanna workout..whaaaa..yes I will of course but probably need a rest day for sure tomorrow! Or wait, probably Sunday, that would work better since DH's daughter is coming out to help move us from one boat to the other.

Speaking of protein! Breckie, there is a brand called PVL, you can get it on bodybuilding.com, I used that during the program too. It comes in these huge containers, tastes good and has more flavors. I kinda got sick of BSN after awhile. My favorite flavors were creamy caramel dip, chocolate peanut butter and the blueberry one for something a little different. Are you allowed fruit? If so, (I wasn't allowed fruit) use the BSN whipped vanilla...yum. Bodybuilding.com has tons of stuff, fast shipping and our company worked with the owners of the site in the past, and I can tell you that they are outstanding young men!:D Are you using CLA? If not, consider getting some, its supposed to help with cutting the fat..I still use it. They also have good deals on omega's, another important nutrient.

So DH took another fitness walk today!!:eek: I am so happy you guys, it is gonna help him so much, I worry so about his health. He could lose about 30 pound, maybe less, but hasn't worked out in years, so this is such a good thing. I am so proud of him.:D

OK, the tummy is aching and I'm hitting the bathroom a bit (tmi?). My nerves have a tendency to churn my tummy before exiting through the downstairs door. :eek: Ugh. I hope it's done before I have to run around and work out--nothing like having to run out of a workout because of a fussy tummy needing a potty. :(

Now I'm sure I got to TMI at some point in that post. :eek: It's not helping that the chick who's picking me up said she'd call before leaving her place (which she said would be between 11 and 11:30). Now it is 11:34. Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe she'll just show up insead of calling.

Pegsters! So you took your computer? I am soo happy, you must check in and give us a blow by blow! Did you meet Leanne? Kara?? I am sure you did awesome in class!:D

Ahhh Lainie, its ok, she will show up, relax, take a deep breath!

Hey there... 20 minutes until lunch. Then just 2.5 hrs after that and I get to leave. I just got done with a rush job, which made the time go by much faster! :D

Allie - You're a nut. How much sleep did you actually get??? I would have just decided to can the workout and take a rest day.

Lanie - Your poor tummy. Take a deep breath, settle your nerves and have fun! As for your new rotation... yuck!! :p All that circuit work is not my cup of tea.

Breckie - I have a cardio workout for you that doesn't use the legs. Sit in a wheelchair and push as hard as you can go. It's a great upper body workout, too. You should see my brother!

Erin - hi! Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Tneah - how's the old back doing? Did you get all the creaks and kinks worked out? You and I are just the opposite on KBing. I like the kicks much better. The punching totally turns me off. You and Shelley have nearly convinced me to change my workout! Yay! :D

Peggie - thanks for checking in! I'm glad you're having a fun time!

Good, she finally called--she's late leaving her house :( but should be here in 20 minutes. :) So she does really exist and she is really going to pick me up. Whew. It's tough traveling with a stranger. I guess the only thing I really have to worry about is if she can drive. Surely if she were a bad driver she would have asked me for the ride?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.