++TGIF! Melters! ++

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Today I got up at 4:00 ( no beeps!) but DH had to get up at 3:30 for a bio break which of course woke the dogs up. I was able to get them to lie back down until 4:00 then we all got up. I did an I-Tread 30 minute workout. We took all the batteries out of the travel alarms that were on the nightstand.. tell me why I have 5 travel alarms there? I use one that is set for 4:30 and has not had to go off in months! The other 4 are just extra ones. They always give them out as "gifts" when you travel to a seminar or meeting. I also have a clock radio alarm that is set for 5:45 for DH. So no beeps today, so I am guessing that the one that was set for 3:30 ( my time to get up when I go to DC for the day) may have been trying to go off or the battery was low or something...

Shelley:
High Fives to you on your record breaking!:D

Stephanie:
Hope your nightmares go away;(

Emily:
It looks like we both have solved the "Beeping Mystery"!:)

Tneah:
So if I get the choc-coconut one and mix it with skim milk, freeze it for a while, it will taste like almond joy ice cream? please...please.. say Yes! :9 I would not say that eating turkey breast was cheating.. ice cream yes, that would be cheating! My DH is one of those dentists that got rid of the happy gas tank!

Lainie:
Thanks for the info on the push up things.. I think I will hold off on getting them. I don;t need to spend more money on excercise stuff!
Ewan sounds so cute!

Shannon:
Congrats on making the deadline! ;-) and making a good choice at the Mexican food celebration.

TK:
Don;t feel bad about not doing the cardio in 4DS..I have only done the kickbox one and don;t miss the others at all!

Have a great day and start to the weekend!

Deb:)

Hi Deb. I'm glad to hear you may have solved your beeping problem. DH once had a travel alarm clock in a suitcase that went off every morning at 6. That was OK during the week when I was getting up at 4:30 for work, but I had to smack him when it went off on my day off.

Shelley, wow, you are fast. What was Sophie doing to make you so crazy?

TK, I had a Thai Chicken Pizza somewhere once that was soooo good. I tried to make it at home and came mighty close. I had forgotten all about it! Thanks for reminding me. Now all I have to do is try to remember the recipe.

Judy, I love you and the other Cheetah's signatures. Sigh, I wish I could be a cheetah.

I never got a workout done yesterday. The other grandma was planning on babysitting Greyor during DD's evening class, but she had to work for a sick coworker, so I had baby duty from 4:30 to 9:30.

I may hear from the doctor today. I called yesterday afternoon and the nurse I needed to talk to was off. The receptionist said I should hear this morning.

A coworker had to leave in a rush yesterday. His mother, who lives in Ohio, is very ill. It was his weekend to work, so I'm covering his Sunday. I have a niggling feeling in the back of my brain that it won't be considered overtime if I'm off sick most of next week. I'll have to speak to my manager.

Have a great Friday all. I'll let you know if I hear any news.

Morning Melters!

Deb - I'm glad you finally solved the mystery of the beeping. That would get annoying really quickly.

Robin - sorry to hear you have to cover someone's shift. I hope you hear from the doc today. Sophie was being cranky and pushing my buttons last night (when I'd ask her to do something, she'd reply in that snarky, tween voice "in a MINUTE"). She improved over the course of the evening. Or maybe I did:p

I planned to get up early this morning and do 4DS KB/BC cardio, but I had an awful night and the pain in my arm is back, so when the alarm went off at 4:30, I rolled over and went back to sleep for a bit. I'll work out this evening, but maybe I'll choose something else since I don't want to aggravate my elbow with KB and some of the moves in the BC workout.

I'll bbl to chat more.

Happy Friday, Melters!

I think today will be a little easier than yesterday at work. And of course it will be better, because it's FRIDAY.

I did CC 6 with Sean last night, and I actually hit some level 4 sprints for the first time since this whole mess with my calf started. It felt pretty darned good! I totally forgot I was supposed to do abs too. Oh well. Dinner was fairly decent, though I indulged in more cheese. :9 I'm looking forward to some time to cook decent meals this weekend.

Deb - five alarms in one room? Yikes. I'm glad you found the source of the beeping. Now, just get those dogs to settle down, and you'll be set!

Robin - I'm sorry you have to work again this weekend! That's a real bummer. You will still have time to work out, won't you? I hope you hear something from that nurse today!

Shelley - I'm just grinning and shaking my head at your little 'Tween. Sloan's daughter Polly was being very 'tweenish last weekend when she was out, too. Ahem - maybe you could try one of Charlene's workouts. It wouldn't bother your arm. ;)

Hiya melters!
I hope you guys are doing well this morning. I had a nightmare-free night last night. Yey! I still woke up at 3:30 a.m. for no reason, but no nightmare. I ate pretty well yesterday, and I did Cathe's High Step Circuit because I got a new high step this week, and the DVD came with it. It was very easy, so I amped it up a little by increasing the step height for the cardio portions and where she used 3 lb weights, I used 12 lb weights. So it turned into a really good workout. I really like it with those modifications.

Deb: It seems you need an alarm clock intervention. LOL

Robin: It is a bummer that you have to work this weekend, but you'll have lots of recovery time coming. Will you be able to keep Greyor while you're recovering?

Shelley: Sorry you're having arm pain. That can't be fun. Just when you've gotten over your cold, now this! LOL about the "snarky" tween voice. Oliver already is taking such a sarcastic tone with me, I can't wait to see how it evolves once he's a tween. Ugh.

Shannon: Glad you had fun with your CC workout last night and were able to do the sprints. Way to go! Don't worry too much about the cheese. I'm a big proponent of dairy food.

Well, off to do my church newsletter, change linens, cleanmax, etc...blah, blah, blah

Have a happy weekend if I don't check in until Monday!!!

Hi :)

Shelly- nice going on your personal best run! You are speedy! I am sorry about the lip from the kid.

Deb- that is pretty funny about your travel alarms. but I am glad they have been silenced.

Robin- please let us know about your stress test results.

Shannon- way to go on CC!

Hi tneah, Lanie, Tk, Emily, Michelle

[font color=lime green][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Happy Friday, Melters! :)

No workout for me today because we got home really late last night from the Globetrotters game and I was tooooooo tarred to get up early. I'll try to make up for it tomorrow with an extra-long workout. :)

Deb, I'm so glad you solved your beeping problem too! :D

Robin, sorry you have to work on Sunday. Boo. Hope you hear from the doctor soon!

Shelley, I hope your arm pain goes away. I'm sorry, I just have to LOL at Sophie's snarkiness. :p I am glad that she improved, though.

Shannon, way to go on CC vol6! :D And hooray for cheese! :9

Stephanie, glad you had a nightmare-free night. I've never done High Step Circuit, even though I have it, because I figured it would be too easy. But maybe I'll try it with your modifications someday! :)

Hi Judy!!! Hope you're having a good day!

Hi Guys!:7

Thank goodness its Friday, I love our boys from work coming down, but they have been here for two solid weeks and I am sick and tired of "taking care" of them.:) Not really, but you know what I mean, my days revolve around trying to write while feeding them all day long.Its nice to finally have the house to ourselves, well tomorrow we will.

So they went out with a bang last night, I cooked Paula Deens 'Foolproof Standing Rib Roast" potatoes and a large green salad for dinner last night... you know men, they were in meat heaven! The recipe is so easy and guarantees a perfect roast every time. :9 I really don't eat red meat, so I wasn't tempted thank goodness.

Robin, I love your word "niggling!" And please share your doc news ASAP.

Shelley, I had to laugh yesterday when I read your post about DD. I could just imagine what was going down in your household last night.And take care of that arm. Have you considered taking glucosamine? I take it for me creaky knees now..the hip is great, now its the knees!It helps with all joints.

Stephanie, that is so cool you do your churches newsletter. Sounds like fun!

Shannon, boy, you and Shelley and those runs and sprints you do. your legs must be awesome too! Plus nothing releases those happy endorphins quite like running does.

Deb, glad you found the source of your beeps. Suggestion for your early risers? Bach's Rescue Remedy! It relaxes the pooch-and you too for that matter, our breeder recommended it for Georgie when we travel. :) I guess administering it every night may not be very nice though.:) And yes, it can taste like almond joy ice cream! if you close your eyes real tight.;) Add a teaspoon of flax oil to your shakes, it adds a nice "full-fat" mouth feel. And made with skim milk, will really amp up that ice cream feel too.

Hi Emily! Have fun with your extra long workout? Gonna take on BM2?

Checked in with Mr. Trainer man, told him about my middle of the night eating. Said it would cost me 20 minutes in extra cardio, this guy is hard-core.:eek: Keep in mind, it is only 12 weeks, and he is really focused on your reaching your goals. Its a very exact program. he looked at my photos and told me exactly where I had lost the 4 pounds, and he was right. Overall, he was thrilled with my progress.
He made a few changes to my program, 40 min. cardio am, 40 pm, plus the 4 days weights, 1 day off.:p I think my day off is going to be Sundays.Oh, and I have been using Cathe cardio workouts. I have found that LIC cardio only done on my 6 inch step can get my heartrate where it needs to be, so does MIC if I keep the movements grounded, thank goodness, one can only take the elliptical for so many workouts!

I must make hair appointment today, grey roots showing like crazy!:eek:

Hi to all that follow this AM!:7

Happy Friday, everyone!

I missed you all again yesterday! How is everyone doing? Are we almost ready for the weekend? Anyone have any special plans?

Well, I had a wee bit of melting this week -- about .6 pounds. Not much, but at least it's something! Today I was supposed to start a three-week rotation of BBC, but I think that I'm going to do three or maybe four weeks of a S&H rotation instead. I feel like I get such good results with S&H that I want to push it a little longer than my usual three weeks just to see what happens.

I may be joining you early exercisers one day a week. I'm thinking about doing a HIIT workout for 20 minutes on Tuesday mornings so I can squeeze in three days of cardio, but I'm worried about doing that since I have such a long day at work on Tuesdays. I might try it and see how it goes.

Deb -- How great that you figured out the source of the beeping! I hope that the pups will be able to start sleeping in, too! Yes, I'm not really liking the push-up handles so far. If you want to try them, though, maybe get the cheaper ones (which people on the forums said work just as well as the more expensive ones) just to see if you like them.

Robin -- Will you let us know if you hear anything about the stress test? Don't worry about not working out yesterday -- grandma duty sounds like much more fun!

Judy -- How is your meal planning going?

Stephanie -- Glad to hear that you've been sleeping better! Try not to beat yourself up over your eating yesterday. We all need to have some splurge days!

Lainie -- How are you feeling today? Bronchitis, huh? You poor, poor thing! I've seen so many more people with invisible braces that it may be a great option for you if you need them. How great that you're thinking of working on a book! Will it be fiction?

TK -- Yes, it's nice having to only go in to work on T/TH. I still have to work on M/W/F, but I can do it at home, which is great.

Tneah -- Congrats on the weight loss, girl! Four pounds is fantastic, and I'm sure that it's not all water weight since you've been eating fewer calories than you had been. ETA: Looks like we were posting again at the same time just now! How great that your trainer is also so excited about your results! You're doing fantastic!!! Have fun getting your hair down, although I know you said that it makes you a bit antsy! EDITED ONE MORE TIME: Do you mix your Lean Desserts in the blender before putting them in the freezer? That almond joy idea sounds soooo good!!!

Shelley -- I'm so sorry to hear that your arm pain is back. Have you been to the Dr. for it? Is there anything you can do to make it feel better? Congrats on breaking your running record yesterday!

Shannon -- Glad that today will be easier at work for you. Glad that the deadline is behind you, too!

Michele -- How are things going with your sister at work? And how are you doing?

Popping back before going to my hip doctor-follow-up appointment so its a fun one!:p

Leanne, hey girl. Thanks for the encouragment, that means alot. I mix the shake in my trusty Magic Bullet-it you do not have one, get one--so worth it, you can make anything in that little thing! So, I mix it first with some water (or milk if you wish) and 1 teaspoon flax oil, and about three ice cubes. Then pop the container into the freezer for about an hour, its not frozen solid, just around the edges so its really cold and slushy. Believe me its a treat on this diet plan for sure!}( Have fun with slow and heavy, those workouts wear on my patience...can you tell I am a hyper banana-head, who could actually benefit from a little yoga and meditation?:7 No wonder I get anxiety for pete's sake.

I think doing your HIIT early AM, might give you extra energy for your long day? Try it and see what happens.:)

Hi everyone. I'm having a typical busy Friday--had to get groceries while Ewan was in school, then put away the groceries, then do laundry, blah blah blah. Just a mom day.

I still have the cough, but took some meds last night so I slept better. I didn't take too strong of meds, though, so I'm not too tired today from that, at least. It's kind of a catch-22 with me. If I don't take meds, I can't sleep well so I'm tired. If I do take meds, I sleep so well that I'm still sleepy the next day. I think I found the right balance this time, though.

I weighed myself today and gained 0.4. Grrr.

Hope to BBL to do personals, but I want to do my yoga, which is all I have scheduled for my workout today.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi there...

It's sleeting, and I just survived the mass exodus from downtown. It normally takes me 1 hr to get home. This time it took 2.5. And almost two of those were just trying to get out of town. It's been worse, much worse. I'm glad I'm home early!

Stephanie - that's cool that you were able to modify the workout to increase intensity. Good job!

Emily - have fun with your loooong workout tomorrow. My advice: do cardio. }( :7 You gotta love it.

Tneah - enjoy your quiet house!

Leanne - I'll bet you'll do fine with the early HIIT. Just make sure you drink extra water before you head to work, and stick a snack in your purse.

Okay - I'm off to enjoy my extra few hours at home today!

Hi again,

Tneah -- Thanks for the tips about freezing the Lean Dessert! I tried popping it in the freezer without blending it first and it was too gummy and gross. I'm so proud of how you're doing so far!! Keep up the great work!!! I'm hoping that the extra HIIT cardio will give me some extra energy -- but it means that I probably have to get up at 4:45 to do it. Sigh! That's a little earlier than I'm used to getting up!

Shannon -- Wow! I can't believe that it took you so long to get home today! Glad you made it safely!!! Will you be able to stay indoors tonight if it continues to sleet? Thanks for the tip about drinking extra water and taking an extra snack.

Lainie -- Enjoy yoga! Don't overdo it if you're coughing a lot still!

OK, I did my yoga--just a half hour workout.

If you ever check my blog, I put a link on there to a video of Ewan playing on my step. It's only a minute long.

I'm watching a show about a haunted house. I really shouldn't watch this stuff. It'll give me freaky dreams. At least it's still daylight out there.

Emily, thanks for the info you sent me about braces. I have one appointment set up with an orthodontist. I'll call in a while for another one. It was hard to schedule that first one because they don't have morning appointments--probably they are used to patients who are kids in school or working adults rather than stay-at-home moms.

Shannon, glad you made your deadline. My DH has a deadline coming up at work so he's had some long hours this week. Ugh.

TK, I like Seasun's Straight Up Step pretty well, though I haven't done all the combos yet. I've also got her Rock Steady Step but I haven't tried that one yet. I like her well enough that I've also ordered The Next Step. Kind of crazy that my doc told me not to step and I'm still ordering step workouts--but at least I have my MatStep now. Anyway, I like her personality, and I think she cues well though it's complex.

Deb, glad you got the beeping to stop! We had a beeping smoke alarm in the attic for a week or so and I could not figure out what it was. I knew it sounded like a smoke alarm but I thought I'd checked all of them in the house. Finally I realized it was in the attic--we have a finished attic but for some reason I'd totally forgotten there was an alarm up there. It just needed a fresh battery.

Robin, hope you get some good news from the doctor soon about that stress test. When is your surgery scheduled?

Shelley, hope you find the right workout for your elbow today. It seems like kickboxing would indeed be tough if it's bothering you again.

Stephanie, I like to do High Step Circuit on a day when I'm not quite up to full-on tough Cathe stuff but still want a good total body circuit. I think it's pretty fun, especially if I do it on my Bosu.

Judy, for a second there I thought your quote in your sig: "Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants" said "Mostly pants." I was picturing someone eating pants. Oops.

Tneah, your trainer is really cracking the whip on you, eh?

Leanne, the book in my head is actually nonfiction--I'm going to write out stories from my childhood and later organize it in a book form--perhaps like an autobiography. Sounds silly since I'm only 33, but I've had a pretty busy 33 years and some pretty funny stories growing up in rural Texas with 7 older siblings.

I hope I got everybody today. Better run get Isaac at the bus stop!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi all. I DID read all of the above, but I don't have time to do personals. Hopefully I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

The doctor's office called and I'm cleared for surgery. It's scheduled for next Tuesday, but I don't know what time yet. I was really suprised when I got forms for medical leave back from the surgeon. I'm off work for 4 - 6 weeks! I thought it would only be a week. I wonder how long until I can start modified step workouts? I know I'll be bored in no time, so be prepared for many posts!

I have to run. I just finished CCv6 and have to shower. A friend is having us over for dinner. Cornish game hens and Key Lime Pie were mentioned.

Yeah for Robin! I posted in the OD, but wanted to tell you how happy I am that you are cleared. Whew, right?;)

Please enjoy your down time, I sure did!:7 Didn't feel guilty bout it one tiny little bit.:7

Cornish game hens? Key Lime Pie?:9 Enjoy your friends and your meal.:)

And a big ole' hello to Judy! Sorry I missed ya this morning, was too busy sucking down coffee.;)

Hi Melters. This morning was 4DS Kickbox/Legs. I was running a little late this morning so I did skip a couple chapters so I could get to work on time. I really gotta work on getting up earlier and going to bed earlier.

Yesterday I got my yearly bonus. I was real happy with what I got but then it's already earmarked for a new washer/dryer and tires for my car. The rest is going to shore up my sorry-looking 'emergency fund' savings account. I had dreams of using it to take a trip to Europe later this year but I guess I need to be more practical about it. x(

Deb: Um, 5 travel alarms in your bedroom? Are you afraid of not waking up? I shouldn't tease you as I have 3 clocks in my bathroom and for no good reason.

Robin: I think this is the recipe I used for CPK Thai Pizza. If you google it, there's a couple recipes out there. I think I chose this one because I had all the ingredients

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/512/California_Pizza_Kitchens_Thai_Chicken_Pizza42309.shtml

Shannon: I betcha you're glad the weekend is here after the busy week you had at work. Next week will be really busy for me as I have a big UAT test starting Feb 4. I dread it but will be so thrilled to complete this implementation. It has been the project that never ends!

Tneah: I thought of you when I saw on the news about that Monte Carlo hotel burning. Sounds like the fire department had quite a time fighting the fire since it was on the top the high rise building. I didn't see that anyone was hurt, so that's good news. LOL your trainer is tough, one of those 'hit the dirt and give me 20' kind of guy. You might need to think twice before confessing to him again!

Leanne: A little melting is better than no melting at all. Tomorrow I'll weigh since I forgot to last week and I have no idea what to expect. I haven't been really bad but I haven't been really good either. My clothes still feel fine though. Crossing fingers! Do you really like BBC? I've read so much about it but somehow have resisted buying it.

Lainie: I learned Seasun's The Next Step only a few months ago. I think you'll like that one too. She is a very good cuer. For some reason I'm not so crazy about her 'friend' Ellen, the background exerciser. She annoys me but I just can't put a finger on why she annoys me. You'll have to let us know how you like the Mat Step. Are you going to try it soon?

A big hello out to Judy, Stepahine and Emily! Michele hasn't been here lately has she? Michelllllllle, where are you???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.