()()()()TGIF Clean & TIDY ()()()()

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Oh, I'm so glad it's Friday and MY REST DAY! Boy, do I need it.

I'm trying to work on my money software right now before I have to go pick up the kids at 12. Ellie cried this morning but Annabel didn't. I guess one is better than both. :)

Klaudia, I don't LOL often when reading things online but I loved the comment about the jeans. Cracked me up. I can SO relate!

Kate, love that you were in your PJs after cooking all day! Hilarious!

Anne, so sorry you had a rough lunch. I hate stuff like that!

Robin, welcome back to cyber world.

Colleen, ugh with work! :( Hope it gets better.

Katie, are you up and moving yet? ;)

Morris, hope Finn is feeling better and great job with the WOs! And I don't get how the french are all so skinny! Honestly the only overweight person I've seen here is a McDonald's employee! :p

Ok... bbl!

angie

Hey, I'm here and awake (sort of). Glad that it's your rest day, enjoy it, and the last day of school for the girls. I'm so sorry about the tears, I know that's really hard!

Well, I got just about everything done last night -- I did floor work / ankle weight work from B&G with 5# on each ankle (OUCH!) and I also did the core section with the ankle weights. LaundryMAX is done, and packMAX is.....well, I'm working on it.

WO this morning is PS back and biceps, then shower, more packing, then I have to go to the Dr before work for some blood work. Home at lunch for more packing (and lunch!), then hopefully we will leave around 530 or 6 cause it's a 3.5 hour drive. My dad has a treadmill so I can run tomorrow, that's good!

Be back in a few...

Morris, I hope Finn gets feeling better! 103 is so high! Isabel had a seizure because of a high fever a couple years ago and I think it took 10 years off my life.

Angie, Enjoy your rest day!
I keep meaning to make up a budget for us and use Excel but I never seem to get aeound to it. Lets see, get out of my pjs or make a budget...... Cant do either one!:p

Katie, Good job w/ the WO's! Hope you have a fun weekend. We NEVER leave when we plan on it. Mike is less than helpful with the packing and he goes crazy "preparing the house" for us to be gone. He INSISTS on turning the water off to the house - in case of a leak, he figures the basement would flood before we came back. BUt I always tell him "Honey, you did all of our plumbing. It'll be YOUR FAULT if we have a leak!":p

----------------
Last night I was on the ellip for 45 min. I did hill climb for THE WHOLE TIME and I sweat like a pig and it was wonderful!

Challenge of the day: Not eating pie!

b - wheat chex, apple slices
l - egg bake
d - ??
snacks - ????

cardio for the wo, maybe RS

Both girls will be at school this morning!!! Can I get an AMen in thehouse!?!?!

Morris, I read that last night about Finn, how is he today?? Poor guy! What do you do for a living (you mentioned being in surgery, I'm intrigued)??

Kate, ^5 on the workout last night, any birthdaysexMAX??;) Sorry, none of my business, just trying to be funny! AMEN to BOTH kids going to school -- what on earth will you do with yourself?

WO was short, 35:58, 188 cals, 121 avg HR, 143 high HR. I added on a few sets of push ups and pull ups (modified) at the end for a "bonus burn" as Cathe would say.

Off to the Dr, then work, Happy Friday to All!!

Morning

Morris how is Finn today?
Katie good w/o to finish the week.
Kate...he IS your plumbing LOL :D
Angie the French are thin for the same reason Chinese are mostly thin...genetics.

Today is a yoga day for me. I think I may do pilates. I'm excited that Cathe will be doing the STS rotation with us. It's funny I never thought that Cathe did her own w/o.

Eats were 100% y-day
Today's menu
b-egg whites
l-tenderloin and veggies
s-tangerine and turkey
d- hamburgers for the kids/ bake chicken for me
s-nuts and fruit

katie, the birthday boy fell asleep at 8pm! maybe he can get his *other present* tonight!;):D lol!
morris is a vet....
good job on you wo!
hope all is well at the dr....

robin, oh, i need to stretch!:eek:
you are kickin butt on the eats & wo's! ^^^^5!

morning everyone (afternoon angie;))

finn is much better, thanks for asking. i got up 4 times to check on him, but he slept well and was chipper and energetic today. i actually sent him to school - i had to catch up at work:( but, he seems well, and if he is off, they will call me.

katie, i am a veterinarian. great wrokout this am. i hope you have a fun trip and will be thinking of you on the treadmill tomorrow - i cannot wait to get on mine!

angie, sorry for the teary morning. it is so hard! enjoy your rest day.

kate, what a workout! how was the pie? enjoy rs - i have never done that. also enjoy your quiet(er)home this am.

robin, great job with the eats!! i am aspiring to that today.

workout this am was 45 min of intervals on elliptical then 2 mil walk on treadmill. need to walk the dog later, but we will just see how everyone does today. i also have to grocery shp and go shop for something for me to wear to the christening next weekend - i never did get out the other day. to top it off, i think dh will be delayed which means i will not have tomorrow to get stuff done either:( i am strting to get a bit stressed, and when stressed, i snack. must stay accountable today! bbl

kate, you snuck back in! so i dvred the classical stretch and went to do it last night - it is the esmonde technique, but it was stretching for constipation! lol. so i skipped it and did sm 2 with the ball. i will keep checking, though, to see if she has the athletic one on pbs at all.

Happy Friday!

The girls have Pajama Day at school and they're watching the Polar Express. They were supposed to do it on the last day before vacation but schol was cancelled. Supposed to get more snow tonight, 5-8 inches. Sigh. Today's workout is HIIT and abs. I'm going to add a feww sets of pulls ups/chin ups, too. I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 3# from 2 days ago?! Grrr! I need to tighten up my eating.

Angie, glad I could make you laugh:) Enjoy your rest day!

Katie, have a great time at your dad's! Isn't it funny how we plan our vacations with exercise in mind? I love it!

Kate, nice job on the ellip! And I can't do a budget or get out of my jammies either! Darrin is the sdame way when we go away-check/double check everything! And when we come home, he unpacks immediately! I tell ya!

Morris, hope Finn is better today. I hate when they have fevers:(

Hi Anne, Robin, and Colleen:)

b-cereal, orange
s-apple, cheese
l-?
s-?
d-?

bbl...

morris, glad finn is turning around. rs is so much fun! lol on the constipation!
i never walk our dog!:eek::eek::eek:
hope tomorrow goes good for you. deep breaths! no snacking! do 10 pushups instead!:p

klaudia, too fun on pj day!:)
the ## is just water!:) do some hiit and sweat it right off!

Geez! Could I have any more typos in my post?

Thanks Kate!

Morris, no stress snacking-listen to Kate and brush your teeth-that helps with avoiding the snacking too:)

Robin, nice eats. I need to be taking lessons from you:)

Hi Everyone! Just a quick hello this morning. I have a busy day now that I am back at work. Need to run to a meeting. I hope to BBL with personals!

Hola, chicas! Wait, we're supposed to do French, aren't we?

Today will be a better day. Thanks for the hugs and support yesterday. It was just one of those days where nothing went right for me or DH. It turns out he brought his friend along to lunch because he didn't know whether I would be there or not since we couldn't get a hold of each other before we left work. Oh, well, Kate's right, we need a do-over, but when? We would go out tonight, but I made plans with girlfriends like 3 weeks ago that I only see a few times a year. I go to my parents tomorrow and he works on Sunday. Saturday night would be good, but the NFL playoffs are on. Sunday night would be good, but sometimes he's really cranky when he has to work on Sunday and is therefore no fun on a date. We're both kind of frustrated. So, we stayed up too late watching the national championship for college football (go gators!) which means I didn't get up early this morning. But, I'm working from home today, so will work out on my lunch hour.

Ugh, I'm whining again, aren't I?

Angie, enjoy your rest day. You'll need it to do KB/BC and Body Max 2 back to back! And, remember, push yourself, but not too far. If you need to modify, do it. I'm telling myself the same thing. And I'm glad to hear the girls are adjusting to school. Do you start French lessons next week?

Katie, great job on the work out, have fun at your dad's.

Robin, glad your cable is back! Have fun with the pilates.

Kate, the pie sounds delicious! What are you doing to do with such a quiet house today?

Morris, I'm so glad Finn is feeling better. And you are a work out machine! I am in awe.

Klaudia, Kate's right about that weight being water. And, wow, the blood drive, that's great! I love being in charge, that way I get to do things my way.

Okay, gotta get some work done. Talk to you all later!

anne

Kate, you're starting to rub off on me! I just made two loaves of chocolate chip zucchini bread and am waiting to put in peanut butter banana muffins:) So much for tightening up my eating-more like loosening up the belt!

klaudia! your baking sounds so good!

colleen, deep breaths!:)

anne, a night on the couch w/ dh has lots of possibilities to be a date night!;):D:eek: who says you gotta go out?

i did rs this morning. maybe i'll do s'thing else too tonight when mike lifts.
eats are good.

driving out to lk odessa to pics of the girls!
will go to michaels tomorrow - 60% off custom framing!

Last edited:
Hey ladies, quick check in while I eat my lunch.

b cereal
s apple and almonds
l tuna salad (sorry kate!), crackers, small salad
s 1/2 clif bar, not sure what else...
d on the road, I'm thinking Arby's

I'm exhausted with my job today and so ready for the weekend. Is it 4:30 yet??

I'll try to check in this weekend from the iPhone:)

safe travels katie!

kate, i did not catch whatever you wrote after rs:( have fun with pics with the girls.

klaudia, recipes please!!

anne, have "fun" tonight!

colleen, deep breaths - i am taking my own advice too.

just talked to daycare, and finn is fine - so glad i sent him and i got to catch up at work. eats good so far, but man do i want some carbs and sweets - i'll have some bread klaudia:) hope to go nurse adian , though, then take the dog for a freezing cold walk. bbl

Morris here you go:

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil (I used 1/2 cup oil and 1 4oz. unsweetened applesauce)
2-2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups flour (I used 1 cup ww, and 2 cups unbleached)
1/2 ground flaxseed (my addition)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbs. cinnamon
1/2 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 of 12.oz pkg miniature chocolate chips ( I used 3/4:))

1.Preheat oven to 325*
2.Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil
3.Add zucchini and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
4.Bake in 2 well greased loaf pans for about 1 hour.

It's so good!:)

Banana Bread (I made muffins)

1 1/4 cups flour (I used 1/2 cup ww, and 3/4 cup unbleached)
3/4 cup ground flaxseed
2/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/4 skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup mashed banana (I used 2 medium)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (did not use)
1/3 cup natural peanut butter (my addition:))

1.Preheat oven to 350*.
2.In a large bowl, mix flour, flax,sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
3.Mash bananas, then add pb, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix well. (I used a mixer here.)
4.Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.
5.Fold in chopped nuts.
6.Pour into greased loaf pan.
7.Bake for 50-55 minutes until dark brown. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before unmolding to cool completely on the rack.

I put mine in a muffin tin and baked them for 40 minutes or so.

Hope you like them!:)

Edited to add: needs 3 bananas and less time in the oven if you make muffins:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.