TGIF ~~~ C&T

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning ladies

Posting from iPhone so please excuse typos. Sitting in my car waiting for an appt to fix my car door that just doesn't want to open sometimes...

This morning was legs and glutes... Oh exploding lunges!!

I wanted to get us started and say hi... Bbl!

Oh and Katie your bday pres is awesome!!

Morning!

Angie, WTG on L&G! I hate car trouble! Hope you get out of there quickly!

-
Yday's WOs were great. 40 min of Leslie S, GS chest (I am on fire right now!), HiLo of SJP, and abs/LB from an oldie FIRM tape. Won't get to today's WO til tonight...prob some gentle cardio. Unless Laura comes over...then we'll get pumped up for some good sweatin'!

Going to Isabel's field trip to the MSU Museum. I'm so excited! We've never had a FT in the 3 yrs we've been at our school.....budget cuts.

Better go get around...see ya in a bit!

So who has snow? It haven't hit us yet. I guess I'll visit my sis next weekend.

Kate enjoy your FT and wow what a w/o. Can you walk?

Angie good luck with the car door.

My w/o plans are to do some cardio and upper body ME...lite on the shoulders.

bbl

Morning ladies! Thank you SO MUCH for all the birthday wishes yesterday! I had a great day, and I hope to have a great birthday weekend.

***Do any of you do this? Stretch your actual birth DAY into a birthday WEEK or WEEKEND? "Well honey, please take me shopping because it's my birthday weekend!" ??? :p

Eats were still not great yesterday but it actually turned out to be better than expected. I had one *small* slice of cake (from Cold Stone!) at work and that was it!

....................................................................................................

Robin, are you still traveling to VA this weekend? How is the shoulder doing?
Clintonya, what is the weather forecast for your area?
mdBecky, it sounds to me like your eats were pretty good yesterday! I agree with Kate, that's awesome that you can wo at work.
Angie, how awesome that someone is offering to proctor your exams for free!
Anne, how is the rotation going? I'm so glad you are getting to go on that cruise!
Klaudia, I saw your FB status last night and I cannot help but wonder....???
Nina, ^5 on cookie avoidance - sounds like you made it out without any damage!
Hi Colleen! Hi Lisa! Gosh, our check-in is getting so big, I know I forgot someone....

....................................................................................................

So for those of you who aren't on FB, my big b-day present was out new fridge. Chris and I had shopped for one, but then we just sort of stopped talking about it and I didn't think we were going to buy it. So I was definitely shocked when I came home and my new fridge was sitting in my kitchen!

WO today will be STS back and tris and probably some walking on the TM. I hope to go out and some some shopping today and also bake my birthday cake. No huge plans for the day - just a lazy day!

Robin, LOL! I can barely walk! Sick how we love it, isn't it?:p
No snow here - just colder than a witch's tit!!!:eek::eek:
ME sounds good too! Seriously....so many WO's, so little time!

Katie, I milk my bday for all its worth!!!
WTG yday! Have a great bday WO! Show that bod who's boss!:D
What kind of cake are you making yourself? Carrot? I always make my own cake too - then yo KNOW it will be worth the cheat! :D

Good Morning Girls !

Love your birthday present Katie. I have a fridge just like that and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

I fell pretty hard on the ice yesterday and can feel it in my back . So I decided not to chance it with STS legs today BUT , I will put together a floor workout, maybe with B&G's and the bonus legs from some of the STS. That is not all floor but it's not heavy weight either, so hopefully that will be good for me today.
Some yoga later too !

Hi to everyone .....! I'll bb in a bit.

Becky

Katie what a cool gift and yes I celebrate my b-day all week.
My shoulder feels better because I'm on around the clock Ibuprophin/motrin.

Good Morning Girls !

Love your birthday present Katie. I have a fridge just like that and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

I fell pretty hard on the ice yesterday and can feel it in my back . So I decided not to chance it with STS legs today BUT , I will put together a floor workout, maybe with B&G's and the bonus legs from some of the STS. That is not all floor but it's not heavy weight either, so hopefully that will be good for me today.
Some yoga later too !

Hi to everyone .....! I'll bb in a bit.

Becky

Becky sorry for the fall. I hate ice!!! No deadlifts for you today.
Do you want some of my drugs;)

becky, feel better soon!!

katie, milk your bday for all you want. i tend to gloss over mine.

kate, great wos!!!!

robin, how is your arm feeling?

angie, any weekend plans?

beckysue, how cool to wo at work.

i had a great 10miler this am. i cannot wait to increase my distance again. off to the beach this am to meet my dad with kiddos. also plan to get rid of these cookies! need to work on photos later and clean up, also do abs and some leg drills. eats will be clean and tidy! bbiab

Becky, That fall sounds pretty painful! OW!

Robin, Glad your shoulder is healing.

Nina, Cookies be gone!:p Have a fun day!
I need to work on photos too! Need to do a major upload to Shutterfly!

-
B was good - eggs, bacon, mushrooms, peppers. ANd I had some granola I did NOT need but was so good. The bag is almost gone and I am not buying anymore!!!

Hey ladies do you want to try a nice facial?

Mix honey with seasalt.:D Apply on face and wipe off with face cloth.

And it taste good too.

My shoulder is better but still aches when I skip my meds. Thanks for asking.

Robin, that facial sounds great ! I'm gonna try it !

My workout turned out to be GREAT and I'm recommending it !

I did Butts & Gutts warm up , standing lunges and firewalkers, then did the bonus leg sections from Legs from all of Meso 1 (discs 3, 6, 9 & 11)
Workout was 65 minutes and I loved it.

Lots of stretching for me today.

I hate ice:mad: and now am officially afraid of it !!!!!!!:(

Time to eat something !!!!!!!!

Becky

Happy Friday!!

I ended up taking yesterday as my rest day-my hammies were a-hurtin'! So today will be cardio and abs. Nothing else planned. Oh, and my weight is back down-only 2 lbs. to get to my "very happy" weight:)

Angie, sorry about the car troubles. Hope they can fix it. I love L&G-goes by so fast!

Kate, have fun! I've never been to the MSU museum-which one are you going to? Great workout yesterday!

Robin, no snow for us, just frigid temps-it's gonna be -3*!:eek: Watch that shoulder!

Katie, awesome gift! I don't get b-day gifts anymore. Oh, wait-my mom got me a decorative Eiffel Tower and my dad brought me a plant:) Re: Danica-she was being very snotty-talking back, rolling her eyes, being very ungrateful-typical stuff I guess. I'm just not ready for it. She was fine when I picked her up from dance. I think a girls day out is in order for the two of us:)

Becky, hope you're feeling better today.

Nina, nice job! Freeze the cookies:) Have fun at the beach-sigh. Summer seems so far away!

Nice WO, Becky! You'd never know you fell!

Klaudia, Have a great WO! TM? YAY for hammy DOMS! My quads hurt so bad it was extremely difficult to get them up for reverse crunches! ***you KNOW you want some PureBarre!***
I have no clue which museum we're going to! :p

Klaudia, girls day out with Danica sounds so nice, I hope you get to do it soon.

Becky, I'm so sorry about your fall! What an awesome work out, tho, you rocked it, girl!

Robin, that facial sounds yummy. I'm glad your shoulder is doing better with the drugs. Sometimes that's just what you have to do, huh?

Kate, I love that museum, you'll have a great time. It's just the right size for kids, too, not too big, but lots of fun stuff.

Nina, the beach does sound wonderful. I can't wait to be in warm weather it's been sub-freezing here all week!

Katie, WOW on the fridge, that's fantastic! Oh, and I celebrate my birthday for the first half of October; I take the 1st through the 15th (my bday is on the 5th). I love birthdays and mine is my favorite, of course. It's your own personal holiday! Mine has gotten tougher since my mom doesn't remember it anymore, but next year I'm going to start celebrating again. I like to be out of town for my bday.

Angie, I think L&G is my favorite leg work out of Cathe's. Somehow she makes the pain fun, doesn't she?

Clintonya, I forgot to congratulate you on your degree work; that's awesome!

mdBecky, my sister is also internal medicine. She has her own business where she gives medical care to the homebound. Internship and residency are tough, good luck with all of it.

Who did I miss? Hi to everyone I did!

I did MMA Fusion last night. I didn't like the cardio portion and skipped parts of it, but I loved the ab work. I think I'll like the cardio when I'm in better shape or maybe just a better mood. I was out of sorts last night, but tap class took care of it, thank goodness.

I have a question for my Cathe friends. Next week is the last week of Meso 1 for STS and then I'm supposed to have a rest week. However, if I go ahead and do the first 2 weeks of Meso 2 then I can take the week of my cruise as my rest week. What do you guys think? Or is the rest week that important? I haven't been very sore and I don't feel worn out or anything, so I think going ahead with Meso 2 might be okay, but you tell me. I don't want to worry about working out while I'm on vacay. There's a fitness center on board, so I may do some stuff, I just don't want to be structured, kwim?

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

Traffic was okay last night - I got up to 40 miles/hour a couple of times, but it still took me an hour to get home. This morning's workout was Hiit 40/20 then stability ball abs - I will do STS disc 12 legs this afternoon. We have a rehearsal dinner tonight at Buca di Beppo and I don't think anything there is healthy (plus it is whatever the bride and groom ordered). So I need to have portion control. I will try to scrape off the bad stuff but something always remain.

Robin, the facial sounds nice. I will have to try that.
Anne, I think the rest weeks are important but I don't think it would be a problem postponing it if you feel okay. I am definitely ready for my rest week next week.
Angie, hope you don't have to wait too long for your car.
Kate, I generally don't answer the phone either but it was people I needed to talk to.
Katie, my birthday usually gets extended for a good 2-3 weeks since it is on valentine's day.
Nina, I never make any cookies because it is too tempting but I am sure your dad will appreciate the gesture. Enjoy the beach!
Klaudia, ^5 on the weight loss. Try to stay warm in this weather.
Becky, sorry about your fall but sounds like you had an awesome workout.
Clintonya, glad you are feeling better.
DrBecky, good job exercising portion control. Group lunches at work are always so hard. People get offended if you bring your own thing.

Anne, I think I may not have rested long enough because I was feeling bad again yesterday. Will try to rest today so I can get to 100%. Thanks!

Kate, my oldest dd & I get like that sometimes too. My dh is often better too :) For me, I think it is that I play into the drama too much – I think it is a thing sometimes w/girls & their moms :) Hope you are having fun on the field trip!

Becky Sue- Thanks! I hope the soreness has gotten better today! Great job on getting in your wo while at work! I know you can’t wait for the weekend!

Angie, hope the car appt. went ok and they fixed it

Becky, how are you feeling as the day goes on? I know sometimes it can get better, but other times it can get worse. Great job on getting in a workout!

Nina, great run, glad you are not in pain anymore!

Katie, hope you are having fun on your after b-day, b-day :):) I think you should have a full weekend party!!! They just changed the forecast to 7 – 11 inches, so we will see - my boss has already said she plans on being open on Mon. Love the refrigerator – stainless steel is so nice!!

Robin, yes, the way this weather is looking waiting sounds much better. Glad the pain is better w/the motrin. I will have to try that facial – I need a day of rest & beauty - well maybe a month :)

Klaudia, I sooo understand the attitude issues :) When you find a good approach let me know!

Colleen, glad the traffic wasn’t too horrible. I know you will do good w/portion control :)

Leaving soon to drop off my youngest at dance. Will see how I am feeling as far as getting in disc 11 or stretching. If I don't get it done today, I will double up tomorrow.

Clintonya

Quiet afternoon here. I just got done with MMA:Fusion. I liked this one too, and the core work was fun! Glad I decided to workout upstairs-much cushier;) Eats are on track!

Kate, hope you had a fun day! I'll probably cave on the Pure Barre-I haven't bought anything new in a year!

Anne, I say go for it! Active recovery on a cruise will be much more fun than stressing about STS!

Colleen, good luck at dinner tonight! I've only been there once and we had pizza:)

Clintonya, today is the only weekday we have no dance obligations. Hope y ou feel well enough to workout. I hope I can survive parenting 3 girls to adulthood!:eek:

Okay, STS Disc 9 done. I skipped the leg presses, but last week I skipped 3 exercises in the leg work out and this week I only skipped one. That's progress, right?

I hope everyone has a great evening! I'm off to my parents tomorrow. Have a wonderful Saturday!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.