ETK week 3 day 5:

**warm up:::
Empire State dvd warm up

** TGU:::
with 35#kb!!
eek.gif

7 left
7 right
I stopped when I couldn't do another with good form. I started the gymboss with 10 min for the TGU- had 2:24 left when I finished. (can't figure out how much time I actually did the TGUs for
redface.gif
)

**snatches:
with 25#kb
I lasted for 8:30 min, but lost count of how many I did. My blister popped open and I saw it and lost track of how many sets I did!!!
mad.gif
If it weren't for the blister I think I could have finished the 10 min!!

I wanted to try the TGU's with the 35#kb and see how long I could go. I am very happy what I did!! Still snatching with the 25# though, really worried about jumping to the 30# for snatches, I don't know why!

Marcy~ How'd you do today?

waves to everyone!!
BBL
Have a great Friday!!

Just saw the road trip announcement....
anyone going?
I'm not, its not in the budget this year.

Good morning!

Deanie - Great job on the TGUs! I added a couple in at the end of last nights workout and struggled with 20#. Bummer about the blister. No road trip for me. As much as I'd love to meet some Catheites, the really huge gathering is kinda outside my comfort zone.

Last night's deadlifts went well. I think I need to videotape myself doing them though to see if my form is okay. I did 10 sets of 3 at about 160, then did:

5 rounds
5x Power clean and press - increase weight each round (55, 60, 65, 70, 75)
10x Renegade rows 15lbs 5/5
10x Hip extension

I then tried to do a triplet of weighted situps, TGUs, and ab bridge, but pooped out after round 1. My midsection was fried.

Waves hello to everyone else who posts later. :)

Good Morning!

I did Rob Glick's Amazing Cardio Combos this morning (the step portion) and had a blast. Then I did my TGUs with 25#. I did 6 on each side. I still had about 30 seconds left but my form was starting to go and it was getting late.

Deanie - The Road Trip is not in my budget this year either although I'd love to meet everyone. I will be meeting the Atlanta Catheites in a couple of weeks though so I guess I'll be having a mini road trip. I say try a few snatches with the 30. What could it hurt? If it's too much, stop and if it's not, keep going! Great job with the 35# on the TGUs! I'm having enough problems with 25!

Gayle - What a workout! I'm really impressed with your deadlift capabilities.

Waves to all!

Marcy

Good morning all . Well, I think I will start ETK this evening, my DH put up the pull up bar last nite so I should be all set. I did Newport last nite and I took your advice Deanie, I added a Tabata with the ropes on last! I'm toast (but in a good way) I need to order a band to assist with pull ups today so when I get to that section of ETK I can at least get them done! I'm hoping that by the end I will be doing them unassisted!

Waves to Deanie, Gayle, Pascal, Jane ,Farmer , Vilma and Marcy:)

I think I'm stuck in week 1 of ETK lol

I've decided to only do ETK on my cardio days so today I did day2 :eek: and did my swings 7 rounds :p after I finished KickMax now my bottom half is truly on fire yeouch.

I need to go back and reread ETK again as I'm thinking I should be in week 2? Ugh:confused:

As much as I would love to do a Cathe RT it's just not feasible for me and I can not justify the cost when so many other items are priority. Ah well perhaps if I lived closer but airfare and hotel costs etc etc - I'm not even gonna fool myself to even think about it.

Big hugs to all! :D

picture.php

Hi Everyone!

Deanie - As always I'm in awe of your strength and the 35# TGUs. I'm still stuck on 10# but I don't do them that often. The February challenge has me doing them more often so hopefully I can get up there in weight someday.

Gayle - Good job on the deadlifts!!

Marcy - I'm equally in awe of your 30# TGUs. I need to get to work!!

I'm running today, since I missed it on Wednesday. I plan on doing at least 3 miles tonight. I'm not sure if I'll have time for anything else but if I do, it will be Day 20 of the February challenge.

No Cathe road trip for me either. I'm in limbo with my dad being the way he is. I just feel guilty going anywhere when my mom is going through this. I must say that I am saving lots of money. I guess there is silver lining in every cloud.

Waves hello to Vilma, Andilynn and Farmer!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Jane - I hate to take credit where credit it not due me - I'm sadly only on 25# for TGUs.:rolleyes: Deanie is the TGU Queen at 35#!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.