TGI--->Kettlebell--->Friday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

((((Melissa- HUGS)))) thinking of you and your grandpa.

Gayle::: Do you get your counter tops today?

Todays workout was a simple one - stretch max #1 :)....not really a workout, but not sure what to call it!

DS9 has his rescheduled valentines day party today and then we have boy scouts blue and gold dinner for him tonight....busy day:)

waves to y'all!!:cool:
Have a great Friday everyone!!

I got my workout in. Pushing myself away has made all the world of difference in the presses! I did 6 minutes or 25 swings with a 5 second rest. I did the first 4 rounds with 35#, then the forearms kicked in and I went down to 30# - did 50 reps of alternating hands - then went back up to 35# for the last 25 swings. I went past the timer. ;)

Grandpa died at a 2 am. I found out this morning when I logged onto facebook. I am so angry and hurt right now... I don't want to see or be near my dad's wife or my half-sister. I do not know how I am going to get through the funeral being in close proximity to them, especially my step-mom. My dad called just now and I let Dan get it and tell him I am in the shower. I cannot speak to anyone right now. I have called my dad several times, my Grandma Kat, my cousin, my aunt... and not a single person called me to let me know what was going on during this entire time - NOT ONCE. Like I am not even part of the family. I'm sure that my step-mom is happy. I found out from a distant relative in Alabama on facebook posting on my cousin's page that he also had liver cancer. I am so sick right now. I may go for a run later, too, to do something with the negative energy.

I have to get going now. I will be back probably next week...

Thanks for the hugs and prayers, guys. :)

Melissa

Wow Melissa...I am so sorry! I was missing yesterday, and just went back to read Thursday. I am truly sorry, its absolutely heartless, there aren't good words for this situation. I would be hard pressed not to blurt out some very choice adjectives and then tell you what I'm really thinking. I know this sounds lame, I can't place myself into your position, but unfortunately there are no winners here and no way are they going to change. I'm sure your stress level is high, not to mention what it will be like in the coming days when you are all thrown in the same room. So, you will get some sleep and workout and zone out as best as you can, and have a glass of wine too and try your best to relax. Honor your grandfather by thinking about all the good memories you had of him and try and let the rest of it go as incredibly difficult it will be. I know how hot-headed I am, I would be chewing a hole in my bottom lip, but just try.

Nita

I'm having major issues with believing my Polar RS400.

Insanity - 37 minues - Cardio Recovery - 80 calories
Providence (kettlebells) - 58 minutes - 200 calories
Cardio Coach 37 minutes - 280 calories

I was working my @ss off too, and smack my face but I couldn't get my heart rate past 148! I think my wearlink is not getting my heart rate, but it pops up immediately on my watch.

Wednesday I skiied for two hours and 10 minutes and I burned 710 calories. Geesh, that's ridiculous. If this is true, no wonder its so hard to lose weight!

Today my workout is

Insanity - Cardio 42 minutes
Kettlebell Tutorials 30 minutes

Right now I am going to the Wine Shoppe and picking up a bottle of Petite Sirah for tonight. I have gone so far as to stop all alcohol until Friday and maybe Saturday if I work out hard. This sucks...I'm sorry but it does. I remember when I used to go out, party, eat and drink 3 or 4 margaritas and still lose weight.

Hey Jane...I'm a fan of Brave Soldier - http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Soldier-Antiseptic-Healing-Ointment/dp/B0009OBY9I

A staple in my camelbak when riding offroad.

Attachments

• NCTsaliride.jpg
    NCTsaliride.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
{{{Melissa}}} I'm so, so sorry for the family crap you're dealing with right now. I have no words of wisdom in how to handle this gracefully, because I'd probably be tearing someone's head off. {{{HUGS}}}

Nita - Ouch! Very cute, but bad a$$ pic. ;) Have fun with your workout. I here ya' on the booze. I love a good beer or wine, but I'm finding that any alcohol at all is killing my training lately. I don't know if it's an age thing or what (I'm 40), so I'm trying to be judicious about drinking, but getting the good stuff and enjoying it when I do. ;) What sunglasses are those? I'm looking something that fits well under my helmet when I ski.

Deanie - I think what you had today was active recovery. ;) No counter tops yet. They templated on Monday and fabrication usually takes a few weeks. I haven't heard back yet on an installation date. We're doing soapstone, and we're hoping that one particular area can be done in one solid slab, which may take longer to get...so we'll see.

Hi Marcy, Jane and Rhonda!

Great workout last night!

Deanie - your were right about fewer warm up sets. :cool:

Warmup: Limber up, TGU 3r/3l @ 12kg, 20x swings @ 12kg

Squat: 113# for 3x5 - Much better
Bench: 68# for 3x5
Deadlift: 208# for 1x5!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D - I did one set at 173# and then loaded up to this. It was challenging, but no undue stress or strain in the wrong places.

Taking a rest today. I'm getting together with friends tonight for sushi and hockey.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Today was a light day for me. I did Trudie Styler's Core Strength Pilates. Don't know how much I care for this one. Didn't get much of a workout but James D'Silva is a good instructor and I liked the side lying leg series. I guess I have a strong core because it didn't feel like I was working it much considering the title. I also walked for 30 minutes at lunch.

Melissa - ((((HUGS)))) So sorry about your grandpa and all the family stuff you have to deal with. Just remember to keep your good memories of your Grandpa close to your heart.

Nita - Yes, your HRM sounds a bit off. I don't think I burned more than you doing pilates! I'm 44 and things have definitely changed for me after turning 40. I used to be able to eat anything and not gain. I can't say the same anymore. The best thing that keeps me in check is writing everything down.

Gayle - Soapstone sounds great! I've seen it and I'm sure it's going to look fabulous! Great job on the deadlifts!:)

Deanie - Yes, I would also consider today active recovery. Love SM #1!

Here's a Web MD kettlebell article that was on VF:

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exerci...rkouts-burn-calaories-fast?ecd=wnl_day_021910

and the study behind it:

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/kettlebells012010.pdf

Waves to Jane and Rhonda!

Marcy

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to work today with my red and scabby knees. Everyone is staying away from me! :)

No workout for me today. I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow afternoon and will be back on Wednesday but I won't be back to work until Monday, March 1. I am so stressed out and really struggling to get back to some sort of normal routine. I'm hoping that some rest, food and sand will bring me back to life. I am bringing my workout clothes. I'm hoping to get in a couple of runs and I'm bringing Travel Fit along as well. Our rental house is suppose to have a computer so if it does, I will try to post every day.

Melissa - {{{Hugs}}}. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts to you and you family. Don't mess with the family issues. Concentrate on your grandpa and do something special in his memory.

Nita - Thank you so much for your recommendation. I'm going to get some right away. I've been falling down a lot lately. Love the picture!!!

Waves hello to Gayle, Marcy, Deanie and Rhonda!

Have a great Friday!!

Last edited:
hi gals!

((((Melissa)))) I am so sorry for your loss. I am sorry about how hurt you are. I wholeheartedly agree with Jane. As hard as it is, let the family issues go and concentrate on remembering your grandpa. for them not to tell you is small and petty and you are better than that.

Gayle:::: I am green with Jealousy... and also REALLY happy for you and your AMAZING deadlifts!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):) You rock girlfriend:cool::cool: I'm glad the less warm up sets help....gotta love Pavel!!;)

Nita::: Cute picture!! I wouldn't worry about your calorie thingy, just workout and have fun:)

Marcy::: I would think with all those poses you do in yoga, you have a really strong core! Good articles thanks for posting!

Jane::: Glad you are going on vacation, and I hope you have wonderful weather!!! Have a great time with your family and I hope you get some runs in (if you want!! you may get there and just want to veg!);)

Rhonda::: Hope you did a fun workout today:) and you are feeling less sore.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.