--------> TGI (clean & tidy) FRIDAY <--------

Did you know that you could do this??

• Angie, I hope you all had fun yesterday. Report back when you can! Are there pictures to share?
  • Kate, cake balls sound amazing! Meso One is almost over for you! Are you planning to do all CS on your recovery week? I may break down and order that.
  • Morris, (((get-it-all-done))) vibes coming your way, good luck!
  • Colleen, tell us about your crazy day yesterday! I hope today is better!
  • Robin, enjoy the warm weather this weekend! Spend some time outside! You ready for Meso 2?
  • Klaudia, what did you decide on the dress? Please post a pic of you and Darrin in whatever you decide to wear!
I am awake early but not happy about it. A certain 4 year old, who shall remain nameless, woke up with a "bad dream" and came and got in my bed. Except he squirms and snores and lots of other annoying and loud things. So anyway, I am still tired but here I am!

No work for me today, but I have plenty to do. Court this morning for this little visitation matter with Collin, then home to prep for our birthday dinner party tonight -- I am making lasagna, bread, and salad. I still need to do some cleaning and work on t-shirts, go to the store, etc etc.

I am sore from STS Legs yesterday and crampy from AF arriving -- but i'll do my best with my wo this morning. BBS!

Drive by............

Gina's wicked sick....need to go to Dr today
Getting Isabel off to school
Kindergarten Roundup this afternoon for isabel

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

Hi everyone, I'm here. Sorry no check-in yesterday. We got home around 5 and then I got a massive headache so I just went to bed. I'm better this morning but busy. We had to take Ryan to the car dealership to get something fixed and then had lunch with our friend Kate and now I have to get our house ready because our friends from Belgium are coming this evening and we're going out to dinner while Kate babysits - YAY!!!

So, somehow with all the busyness, now workout today :( but I'll make up for it this weekend or next week while the girls are in school...

Hi to everyone... I'll be back probably on Sunday.

Katie, I hope everything goes well at court and for Collin's party! Have a great time!

Love to all!

Katie nice bullets. He is taking you to court around Collin b-day:mad: he makes me sick. I figured out how to stop my old cat from bothering me at night, I spray Lavendar Fabrise.:D Not at himbut in the air. He hates it.

Angie have fun tonight.

Kate I hope Gina feels better soon.

I think my w/o will be outside, maybe another power walk around noon. I sure am ready for meso2. I think this weekend I may buy some more handweights (30#) or order hand hooks.

BBL menu

Robin, he sure does have some nerve, doesn't he?? Whatever, he's gonna get his a$$ handed to him:mad:

Kate, sorry about the sick kid, (((hugs))) to Gina and Mommy!

Angie, weekend sounds busy but fun! Have a good time, things will be more 'normal' once the girls go back to school.

WO was 4.25 miles on the treadmill, felt great even though I still have Crud in my head and DOMS in my butt!:p My quads are sore, too -- haven't been sore in my quads in a LONG time. I did all the sets of squats with 25# dbs yesterday -- I am used to lifting that heavy in a hypertrophy-type leg wo, but no endurance.

Off to court:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Go kick some butt Katie!! I hope everything works out in your favor today!

Angie, how fun! Have a great time. See you soon:)

Kate, sorry about Gina:( I hope it's just a cold. Good luck!

Robin, enjoy your walk! I think I'm going to go out with the girls later, too-maybe I'll pull them both in the wagon-extra calorie burn:) Buy the 30's! You're gonna be wicked strong so you'll need them. I want to get some versagrips too-my hands get tired, but I know I can lift heavier.

Colleen, hope everything at work is ok. Let us know.

Hi Anne and Morris!

Today's workout is STS 9-Legs and a walk with the girls. It's supposed to be 62 and sunny later-I can't wait:) This evening is a trip to the mall-hopefully my girlfriend can join me-she has a good eye. Oh, I have to fess up-last night I had a treat-a rice krispy treat-90 calories and 7 grams of sugar-it's approved by those Eat This books so I don't feel too bad:)

b-cereal, fruit
s-yogurt, fruit
l-leftover chicken salad
s-fake latte, nuts
d-?

bbiab...

Morning, everyone! Klaudia, I forgot to thank you for the book recommendation yesterday. I haven't checked it out yet, but will try to today. Have fun shopping tonight! I wish I could go with you. Another time we'll make a plan for it.

Katie, kick butt indeed! At least you'll get it over with and be able to enjoy the weekend, right? I hope all goes well. Nice bullets, too. Don't you love them? I'm all about bullet points in memos because I'm such a get-to-the-point-already kind of person.

Robin, get the 30s. I use DH's a lot more than I ever thought would. Have fun power walking, too.

Kate, sorry your daughter is sick. That's no fun. Good vibes for a speedy doctor visit.

Colleen, tell us about your work stuff when you have time. Until then, remember we're here if you need to vent.

Angie, fun weekend! I hope you have a fabulous time.

Morris, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and more get-it-all done vibes for you! I hope a good night's sleep had everybody waking up in a better mood today. Sometimes all you need is rest, you know?

I did Timesaver #5 this morning. It's part of Legs and Glutes (my all-time favorite lb workout), squats from SJP, bonus footage and the abs from SJP. I skipped a few reps here and there, but I did most of it. I'm stuffy again today so I wasn't feeling quite up to par this AM. I had never done the ankle weight part of LG with ankle weights and I went ahead and used 5# today. That's how I justified skipping a few reps.

Jim is staying home from work today because he doesn't feel good. Poor baby. Luckily he prefers to just be left alone when he doesn't feel good. I try to wait on him or be nice and he tells me to just go away. I've finally learned that's what he really wants.

I'm having lunch out with a friend today, so that will be fun. Oh, and that's right, I have work to do. See you in a bit.

anne

Hi Everyone,

Here is what happened yesterday. In the morning I got an email from my aunt that I haven't spoken to in years. My father died when I was 18 and his family (I believe now they were trying to protect us) questioned everything my mom did. It was a confusing time and then add the stress of them questioning my mom it was just too much to take. So we lost touch. I spoke to them when my grandmother died and we all promised to keep in touch but nothing. Then my sister runs into another aunt and starts this whole outreach. So I spent most of my day trying to track down my sister in between meetings and her schedule (she is a pharma rep) and a dying cell phone. Then at the end of the day my coworker comes to me and tells me to watch myself in front of my boss or my job will be in jeopardy (he heard this from my boss' boss). That really pissed me off because my boss got mad at me when I questioned something she was doing in a meeting. Am I just supposed to be a robot? So I am going to take this weekend to think about what I really want to do.

Klaudia, I like the banana dress from yesterday. We are supposed to have nice weather too.
Katie, good luck with the court thing. For Meso 1 I went as heavy as possible.
Robin, who would have thought that your cat hates lavendar. Are you ready for Meso 2 next week?
Angie, I hate massive headaches. Glad you are doing better today.
Kate, sorry Gina is sick. I hope it is nothing too bad.

Need to run to a meeting....

Colleen yes I'm ready for meso2 but never mind about that WTH is going on at your job.:mad: As much as you work ...they bet-not even think about getting rid of you. It will cost them more to replace you. You know that song "It's cheaper to keep her". They better wise up. What so wrong, were you making calls at work??? Or is it that you question know-it-all and embarrassed her.Poor baby. HA

Anne you are lucky you don't have to babysit Jim. My late husband was the biggest baby when he was sick. Good w/o mix.

Klaudia enjoy your mallhopping and thanks "versagrips" I couldn't remember the name of the hooks.

Last edited:
Thanks for your concern ladies!
Anne, We have a wonderful doc that gets us in/out in no time! Liz Kozlowski...heard of her? Her dad is in the practice too...Joe K. Her mom/his wife was one of my midwives.

Gina has a wicked sinus infection....and has to go on antibiotics.:( This is her 2nd one ever....not bad for almost 7 yrs I guess. I just hate that stuff tho....chemical junk. She was coughing SO HARD last night and crying that she's dizzy and can't walk. :(

MIL is coming to stay w/ her while I take Isabel and Julia to Kgarten roundup.

BBL for personals.........

Have fun at kindergarten roundup! I don't know what that is, but have fun anyway! I haven't heard of Liz Kozlowski. I need a new doctor, but I presume she's a pediatrician.

Robin, I knew you were single, but I did not know your husband had passed away. I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say, but my heart goes out to you. That kind of loss is so hard.

Colleen, don't you love it when work and family drama coincide? That's always when I lose it. Can you do something really mean and manipulative to totally stick it to your boss? Just kidding, I know you wouldn't do that, but it's fun to think about. I have this whole fantasy of making one of my colleagues completely crazy. The total gaslight treatment. Vaseline on doorknobs, weird phone calls, all kinds of stuff. Dare to dream!

Klaudia, that book looks great! I put a hold on it at my library. If I love it, I'll get a copy. Travel writing is one of my very favorite genres. Do you like Bill Bryson? Tim Cahill is really good, too, in my opinion. He wrote a book about trying to set the land speed record for driving from the southern tip of South America to the northern tip of North America. It's a fun read. If you're interested, I'll find the title. And, do you mind telling me what library you go to? I'm curious if they're part of MeLCat. That's the project I work on.

Hi to Katie, Angie, and Morris! I'm doing laundry and going to lunch soon. My friend ditched me just because she's sick and has an upset stomach. What a weinie. Just kidding!

anne

hi everyone - i missed this am - too busy. indeed today is better, mostly b/c i am out of work early. it is so ghard - all the support staff think i am a slacker b/c i leave, all eyes are on me, i am on eggshells. yuck! but, i am hom,e, cleanmax in progeress, off to pt in a little bit.

angie, enjoy time with friends. glad you have a babysitter!

katie, yuck for court, today of all days. sock it to him!!

kate, glad your little one ios okay. give her lots of yougart.

anne, have a good lunch out on your own!! great wo.

klaudia, i love shopping with someone who can see good stuff. that is how i got the dress i want to lend you!

colleen, sorry for the work drama, and the family stuff is a lot to bear it sounds like. i know just what you mean about thinking things thru with work. for me, i know i am leaving soon enough, but i am sorry for what you are going thru.

rough sleep last night - anxiety i guess. i did a good wo this am of elliptical, weights - pulls, chins, varitrey of pushups, etc. it was fun. i have my floors done and most of the dusting and baths. last thing tomorrow will be counters again, last vacunmn (thanks to big hairy dog who cannot stay outside), toys. we will make it. i will do some lanudry before i hit the store. fish for finn and i. on a discouraging note, my scale is up almost 2 lbs! i have been 95% with eating, good portions, and i thought not too much salt. what is going on??? it is enough to drive a girl to icecream. but, out of my control today, i will just be sensible, and run like heck tomorrow. bbl

Morris you have a good plan. Don't worry about the 2# it maybe stress and lack of sleep.

Anne thanks I'm ok with it most of the time, it's been 5 1/2 years.

Kate Gina will bounce right back you'll see.

I'm back from my walk and I took my DD with me. It's so warm I had to take off my jacket. I just brought that jacket to look cute.;)

bbl

Ok, ladies I haven't worked out yet and I just inhaled a bunch of peanut butter pretzel sandwiches, but I also managed to cobble together an outfit-just in case. Picture if you will: fitted white button down (unbuttoned a bit;)), black high waisted pencil skirt, black, white, and gold Hermes silk scarf worn as a sash, and black Louis Vuitton pony hair(faux) ankle strap heels. What do you think? I sent a picture on my phone and my brother the fashion guru loves it as does my mom and Darrin said, "Perfect sexy hot with class." So I think I have a fail safe-and free option to work with. I cannot believe I've spent this much time on a stupid outfit for an event that will probabaly be filled with a bunch of stuffy old rich people!

Kate, sorry about Gina:( Hope kindergarten round up went well.

Anne, I haven't read those books, but I'm writing them down for future reference. I go to the Chesterfield Township Library.

Morris, we may have at least 3 weddings this summer so I might just borrow your dress yet! Don't worry about your weight! Hope you got lots done and that pt went well.

Colleen, when it rains it pours! Keep your chin up!

Robin, doesn't it feel great to look cute when you're working out? I love workout clothes and wish I could live in them!

Ok, need to get legs done!

Klaudia, your outfit sounds great! Now if you find something tonight it will just be a bonus, right? The road race book is here http://elibrary.mel.org/record=b14439018~S15, just click on Get This for Me and you can request it since your library doesn't own it. Kate, you can use that, too, if you have a GL library card.

Bill Bryson is hilarious, but be warned his earlier work is very sarcastic and somewhat caustic. I love that, of course, but it's not everybody's cup of tea. A Walk in the Woods is good, Neither Here Nor There, and The Lost Continent. Enjoy when you have time!

Robin, glad to hear it's warm there! Here, too. I have a bunch of windows open. The fresh air smells so nice.

Did I tell you guys I don't have to travel overnight this weekend? I'm very happy about that. DH has to go into work for 4 or 5 hours tomorrow, from 10 to 2 or 3. It kind of messes up the whole day, but oh well. I'm going to my parents and also going to see a friend from childhood, I hope. If she's home when I'm free my mom and I are going to visit her. We grew up together and our moms used to babysit for each other. We've known each other since we were infants. She's the one I'm supposed to do the half marathon with in Chicago.

Katie, I hope the birthday dinner goes well tonight! Enjoy the party tomorrow.

Kate, I hope Gina feels better. Sometimes we need antibiotics, right?

Colleen, is today any better at work? I think it's a good idea to take some time this weekend to contemplate your options.

Morris, good luck with the house showings tomorrow. One week down without DH, right?

Hi Angie! I hope you're having fun.

I have tap in an hour and then home to cook dinner. We're having smoked turkey sausage with hash brown o'briens. Yum. And I'm making baby back ribs on Sunday. Don't tell the clean eating police!

anne

Anne, Roundup is just getting the kids assessed to make sure they're ready. Isabel is def ready! Dr Liz is a family practice near the corner of Mt Hope and Pennsylvania. GREAT office!

Gina's on meds:(...hoing she perks up soon.

Gotta tend to my sick one....bbl....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.