--------> TGI (clean & tidy) FRIDAY <-------- *w/pics*

I'm awake, I feel better, and I am getting ready to workout, yipee!!

Work today, laundryMAX and packMAX tonight, then off to my mom's tomorrow. On Sunday we will head a bit further south for my conference.

Robin, you asked about my hotel -- I believe the room will have a kitchenette, living room, bathroom, king bed, and double bed. The hotel has a pool and hot tub, fitness center, and apparently a small pond in the lobby with swans:eek: They also have tons of free food -- made to order omelets and waffles for b'fast, and a managers reception with finger foods and drinks (read:alcohol), all for free, every morning and every night. I think we will have fun!

Check back after my WO!

Morning ladies.
Wow that hotel sounds like a 4 star hotel. Enjoy your trip.
today I will still be packmaxing and maybe I'll get in some band toning today.
Menu:
b-egg whites
s-nuts
l-??

I'll check in later

Thanks Robin, I hope we have a good time!! I hope your packing goes well!

FYI--when I started the thread this morning, I just used one of my previous thread titles. I just looked and it says *w/pics* lmao. There aren't actually any pictures. Now I need to go find y'all some pictures so I don't look like an a$$.

WO was Step Blast -- about 35 minutes of the steady state stuff, no blast challenge for me today! My body was willing but my lungs were struggling the whole way thru!! I made it and just modified a bit.

Menu -- I hope today will be more *normal*

b cereal
s strawberries, almonds
l grilled chicken and summer veggies
s same
d ???, friday is always a toss-up

tgif.png

Okay now I don't feel so bad!!

Katie, Your hotel sounds great!! Hope you guys have fun! Glad you are feeling better and had a good WO!

Robin, Good luck with packmaxing today. Getting a lot done?

Gina definetly has a wicked sore throat so we are staying in/laying low.
We had plans to go to this really awesome zoo with some friends but I had to cancel it.

I'll get some cardio in. No weights. I am pleasantly sore from Power Hour yesterday!

Painter will be here in a few minutes to get started on Julia's room! yay!

bbl..........

Catch-up from last night:

Angie, I’ll be 30 in Oct. 2009. I’ll join you in the challenge! (PS - Id love a tummy tuck too! Could never justify the expense though!) I know what you mean about working out harder than anyone you know. Just think how healthy your INSIDES are though! Glad you got a good WO in y’day. Clean eating will make all the difference for us. Keep it up!

Colleen, Lonely without DH? How’s he doing?

Jenn, Good job y’day!!! I did SZ once and I really want to like it but I had to modify it so much for a Prego that I think I took all the effectiveness out of it. It’s once I want to really “get” after baby is born. And I can’t wait to do CoreBlast again! I love the standing stuff.

Happy Friday everyone! :D

I thought this week would never end. Whew! Well, it's technically not over yet, but seeing as I lack the motivation to do anything remotely productive today, it's effectively over. :p

Katie, I'm so glad you're feeling better today! I hope you have a nice trip. Your hotel sounds fabulous! :) I'm LOL at that picture. That poor cat has been Photoshopped beyond all recognition! ;)

Kate, I hope Gina feels better soon!

Okay, I need to go read yesterday's thread and see what I missed... bbl!

ETA...

Colleen, you asked if we are able to use all of our CSA veggies? Most of the time, yes. Some weeks it's been hard to use everything, because not everything can be frozen or stored (like cabbage). But for the most part, we've done really well. If you are concerned about using everything, you could always split the veggies (and the cost!) with a friend - that's a great way to find out if you like the CSA program before going all out.

Angie, 30 in 2010? Geesh, you people are so young. Kate is a young thing too. Hmph. No fair. :p It's too late for me to set goals for my 30th birthday. Well, I can shoot for 31, I guess.

Jenn, I'm sorry your workout was disappointing. I hate when that happens. Hopefully today will be better.

Okay, this morning I did the intermediate and high intensity drills from KPS, and 4DS back/chest. Meals will be pretty much the usual. I don't know what we'll have for dinner though... hmmmm... I'll get back to you all on that. :)

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!

I am glad it is almost the weekend and DH will be home tonight. I have been really busy while he was away so I am looking forward to getting some help so I can relax. Not likely since he is working tomorrow and he has been running like crazy too. Hopefully, we can get some rest time this weekend.

Katie, glad you are feeling better. It sounds like you have a great hotel for your conference next week.
Kate, sorry Gina is sick. I hope she gets better soon.
Jenn, I find I really have to watch Josef to get a good workout with Strikezone. He really kicks up the intensity.
Emily, dinner on Friday is always challenging for us too. We are usually both tired to make anything so we end up with takeout.

w/o was CIA Bosu Cardio
b: shredded wheat w/ almonds
s: banana
l: chicken fajita salad, grapes
s: berries w/ yogurt, edamame
d: tbd

Have a great day!

Good morning,

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Eats were pretty good, not super clean but not awful. I made a good choice at the mall and got a grilled chicken/fruit salad at Chick-fil-A. I used a teeny tiny bit of dressing but not even 1/16 of the package. :) I'm proud of myself for that. Unlike Kate, I actually like dressing. :)

Today is going to be a crazy day. Need to packmax, cleanmax, poolmax with friends (and that's going to unfortunately include chinesemax...). So, I'm going to go strollerblading this morning so at least I can get some sort of exercise in today otherwise it will be a wash. I am guessing I won't have time to WO tomorrow but I have plans to go to Lifetime fitness this week and have checked out all the classes and I'm pumped! I could only wish for such a nice gym!

Katie, I love your cat pic. I have to admit I was confused at the name of the thread. Pretty funny. So glad you're feeling better. Take it easy today!

Robin, good luck with your continuing packmax. The transition will be done soon enough and you'll be back to some sort of normal. I know that's not much consolation. :(

Kate, I'm in for the best body by 30 with you. You know, I would be fine with my saggy skin if EVERY woman who ever had a baby had saggy skin. Why doesn't it affect everyone the same? UGH. Sorry Gina is sick. I hope she feels better. When is little Julia coming?

Emily, sorry I'm young. I'm starting to realize that while I've always been one of the youngest in a crowd that it is quickly changing... lots of young chickens out there these days. :) So, I'm swinging through P-town next week to visit a friend. I'll send happy vibes your way. :)

My girls are "nursing" their babies right now... been watching too many home videos lately I think. :)

Hey Jenn, Shirl, Steph, Colleen.

TGIF...

angie

Emily, If its any consolation you do not look a DAY over 25!!

Colleen, Is your lunch your leftovers from yesterday? Sounds yummy! A bosu WO sounds fun! I haven't used mine in months!

Angie, Good for you making a helathy choice at the mall. I wouldn't feel bad about the dressing. Everythingin moderation, which it sounds like you did! Julia is due Oct. 18, but both my other girls were 1.5 weeks early so I'm planning the same for this one. When I was nursing Isabel Gina would stuff her dolls up her shirt to "feed" them! LOL that your kids do it too! When do you leave for your time away?

Better go keep busy---getting lots done!

Eats are clean thus far, but no clue on what's for dinner! help!

No WO yet. Maybe during their naps, maybe at bedtime....

How's everybody's day going?

It's almost over...Friday that is.

Good luck with the painting Kate and I hope Gina feels better soon.

Katie Pics? Too funny.

Emily I'm the old (fit) lady around here. I'm 43.Great w/o today.

Colleen I hope you get some rest this weekend.

Angie good going with your choices. Grill chicken I can eat it everyday.

Hey Steph how are you?

I hope I did not miss anyone.

Well here at my job they are flipping out. I did not know that I was that important. ;) It seems like everyone is bouncing off the walls to find a replacement b/c you know who can't do the job by herself. :rolleyes: Oh Well.

I finish my shrimp and salad so I'm doing good with my menu but I can't seem to fit in any w/o except lifting boxes.

Maybe tomorrow.

I just finished printing out all 40 Workout cards from WM.

WOW STS is going to be something else. :confused: I'm getting a little scared of it.

Howdy y'all! Just a couple more hours til quittin' time! I can't wait! :D

Angie, how cool that you'll be in my neck of the woods next week! Wanna get together for lunch? ;)

Emily, If its any consolation you do not look a DAY over 25!!
Kate, you are too sweet! I look in the mirror and all I see are these gosh-darned wrinkles (er, "fine lines") around my eyes and I think "Man, how did I get so old so fast?" Blech! But, I did get carded the other day at the grocery store when I was buying wine. The dude said he thought I was 19. Clearly delusional, but hey, I'll take it. :p

Robin, isn't it nice to be appreciated at work? Of course, it's not so nice when they don't appreciate you until you tell them you're leaving, but I guess you gotta take what you can get. ;)

Robin, Doesn't it kinds make you feel good to see them squirm at work a little? Bad Kate! I remember leaving a job before (they weren't so nice) and it felt great to watch them suffer a little with their office help afterward! I think, too, that STS will be a little daunting until we get used to it.

Emily, 19?! ^5 to you! Any fun plans for the weekend?

--------------
DH had an employee come over this afternoon and take the rest of the office furniture downstairs. So...no more office. boo hoo. BUt the pink and green paint looks great!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get the stripes on (next week) andpost a pic.

Gotta get dinner on...bbl.

Hey ladies, sounds like everyone is having a good Friday!!

Kate, I agree, Emily looks younger than me! Can't wait to see pictures of Julia's room!
Robin, I am secretly very happy/satisfied that they are upset over your departure. PackMAX is a good workout!!
Emily, great workout today, you make me wanna do 4DS!
Colleen, glad DH is coming home. Even if he isn't around, I always feel better when DH (aka the *other* Chris) is home.
Angie, I didn't realize you were so young! I turn 30 in 2012 -- what a great goal, to be in the best shape of your life by 30! I have the saggy skin too.

Steph, thinking of you!
Shirl, what's up lately?
Jenn, how's it going?

My day was very good and very clean! I am so happy to be away from my office for several days. Somehow it doesn't feel like *work* if it's done in a fancy hotel. I am so glad that when all the stupid meetings are done, Chris and Collin will be there to hang out with me. I am LOST without them!!

Hi Everyone!

DH has been stuck in Philly for the last hour and he is not happy. They are single tracking somewhere between Philly and DC so he probably won't be home until really late. Ugh!

Kate, I had the leftovers from last night but made it into a salad. Eating fajitas at work is too messy.
Emily, I got carded in Vegas 2 years ago. I was 34 at the time.
Robin, Isn't funny that no one appreciates you until your gone? I hope you get a lot of packing done this weekend.
Katie, I'll ask DH about the iPhone battery when he gets home. I have the old one and I don't have problems but he has the new one. I assume he had a full charge this morning but now it is dying.
Angie, have fun working at out at Lifetime fitness. I miss my gym sometimes because of all the equipment but I don't miss the hassle.

Off to eat my pizza and salad for dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.