!!! TGI (clean-eating) weekend !!!

I will eat clean
I will eat clean
I will eat clean

even tho Mike is making me make ooey gooey cinnamon rolls...

I will eat clean
I will eat clean
I will eat clean

I will allow myself a small few guilt-free bites and not stand over the sink eating leftover bits.

I will eat clean
I will eat clean
I will eat clean

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Sending you clean eating vibes Kate! THAT would be super hard for me to do !
I love cinnamon rolls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmm, cinnamon rolls! I have a banana nut bread in the oven - can't wait!

I am feeling pretty great this morning - *all crossables crossed* that it continues!

i feel FANTASTIC!!!! i love sleeping. i got up and worked out early - 8 miles of speed intervals and hills and then 25 min of bw stuff. i am down a lb, and i will take it:cool: i will also eat clean and tidy today.

so, katie, i heard from anne and kate, but what is your advice on meso 3 - will i bulk up more?

becky, is dh around for the weekend?

kate, glad you survived the carnival.

anne, you rotation looks realy sound to me, the only thing is would you put a circuit in there maybe?i just think those are super workouts.

off to clean max, chore max, pack, and hit the beach! hope to be back this weekend, but i am not sure....

Well, I didn't do toooo bad. Had more than I planned on but I coulda been worse. SUPA clean the rest of the day! I already told Mike no ice cream tonight!

Becky, DH home today? What projects do you have planned up?

Katie, Your bread sounds yummy! Hope you stay feeling good!

Nina, What a great start to your day!Sleep feels fantastic doesn't it! MIke wanted to stay up a bit last night but I fell asleep hard at 10 - a little early for us.

-
I'm going to go out in a bit for some errands & get my hair cut ALL BY MYSELF!!! I'll come home just in time to get Ju down for a nap and hit a WO - I think a hard full-body CS. Tonight the inlaws are taking us out to eat @ Applebee's. We'll hit Target before we go so G can get a new bathing suit or two for FLORIDA! 6 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!! GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!

Happy Weekend!

So yesterday I managed to get my run in on the soccer field behind the girls' school-it wasn't bad considering I've never runon grass before. Dinner ended up being a BLT when I got homefromthe funeral. Tonight is our concert date:) I need to do GS biceps and abs and maybe my 30 minute run/walk cause it's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'd much rather run outside. And I may sneak a trip to Target in there too-they had some cute shoes I wanted;)

Kate, glad you ended up having fun! I avoid the cake walks/bake sales like the plague! I got Nevena 3 suits there for cheap a while back. Have fun at Applebee's-they have a new menu with stuff under 550 calories-not bad. Enjoy your solo salon time!

Katie, fingers crossed here for you too!

Nina, yay to sleep! Have a great time at the beach! I'd love to come down and visit-gotta get up the courage to get on a plane first!

Anne, I like the looks of your rotation too- a circuit sounds like a good addition. I like the upper body/boot camp one from 4DS.

Wendy, glad to hear you're safe in CA! Have fun in San Fran!

Clintonya, brownies are my downfall!

Hi Colleen, Robin, Becky, Angie and Lisa!

Klaudia, WTG getting your WOs! HAVE FUN TONIGHT!!! You must be so excited! Post pics of you and your hub all dressed up!:D:D:D:D Good luck not getting 25 other things at Target! WHY is that store such a money pit?!?!:eek:

Hi Everyone!

This morning's workout was a 2 mile run followed by Hardcore extreme minus the kb blast. I was out of energy by then. Doing some weekend stuff, and need to do some errands after lunch. Yesterday eats were horrible at our work potluck so I am determined to keep it clean today.

Nina, I think M3 will bulk you up. I would not do it based on what you said your goals were.
Kate, glad you had a good time at the carnival last night. Enjoy your alone time today.
Klaudia, good job finding a time to run yesterday. Enjoy the concert tonight.
Katie, glad you are feeling good. Enjoy your banana nut bread.

hi ladies! happy weekend! the weather is beautiful here! my eats were not terrible the first 24 hrs but last night dh brought me to this indian/pakistani place that was ah-maaaaa-zing... better than any ive ever had. i avoided the heavy sauces made with cream and went mostly veggie and protein but my pc was not good. still, it could have been worse. so i am on day 2 in CA... oatmeal/apple/pecans for bfast. lunch will hopefully be a salad somewhere (we are headed to the base for food shopping). dinner is a cookout with the other guys that are here. none of them are cooks and none of them have family here with them so i think it will just be hamburgers and hotdogs and then whatever i bring for sides, prob a good salad plus pot salad for the dudes. i will do a burger without the bun and some of my salad.

i have 2 gyms to check out, hopefully there is time today.

colleen, great wo!!

nina, you sound so great!!!!!! that is fantastic that you are sleeping so well so quickly! whatdid you end up taking? sorry i havent been around and you prob already said...

kate, you must be so psyched for FL =) are you doing all 4 disney parks? non-disney, too? sea world was great with JJ. did you say MIKE was making cinnamon rolls?!?!?!

kl, have a BLAST at the concert! i love geting cute shoes someplace like target -- no guilt because they're cheap =)

katie, so glad you are feeling better! that babe is just settling in for the long haul.

kate, klaudia, EVERYONE... cash only to target!! its seriously the only way i can save myself, lol.

Colleen, NICE WO! That'll help erase the potluck damage! Hope you have a good mix of relaxing & productivity this weekend!

Wendy, Oh no my dear....hubby no cook! He had ME make the rolls.
Sounds like things are giong well for you! I'm so happy for you! How fun! I hope the gym selections will be good for you! And good babysitting options for JJ! Now, is this the place that didnt have an oven?
We'll def do Magic & Animal Kingdom - not sure about the rest. I would love to do SeaWorld - we'll see what time allows. I HAVE TO have a day to go to the ocean!

-
My solo AM was woooonderful and I got my hour of CS in too. Puttering around the house til errands and out to dinner.

xoxo

Kate - Oh I know I would be all over those cinnamon rolls esp. when they are fresh! Good job on the pc and yay for alone time! Oooh and you get dinner out!

Katie - Yummy banana bread! Hope you're feeling better.

Becky - Hope your weekend is relaxing!

Klaudia - I love running on grass. It is so much nicer on the knees. I want to go to Target to pick up butter since it's so cheap there, but I always end up picking up other things too. Why oh why?

Nina - Yay for finally sleeping. I personally wouldn't do heavy which Meso3 is if I don't want to bulk up. For my body, I bulk up then even gain a few lbs when I go heavy. I like the long and lean look anyway so rarely do heavy unless I need a "shock" to my body or I'm trying to gain strength.

Colleen - Good luck on the clean eating weekend. You can do it, you're so good about it.

Wendy - Sounds like you're having fun in CA!

Anne - Your rotation looks good and any kind of workout I think is better than nothing.

I spent my whole morning doing cleanmax and I'm not even totally done yet, but taking a break. Going to do an hour of cardio later toay. Probably something like kb then some yoga. Eats have been really good and I feel so much better. I know my monthly friend should arrive any day now so it helps not being bloated on top of being bloated because of bad eats. Today is my last day of my rotation so next week is active recovery week. Will do yoga, pilates, and low impact cardio. My right shin is starting to get shin splits from all the high impact cardio I did these last four weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do after though. Hmmm...time to browse the dvd rotation forum.

Lisa, WTG w/ the WOs and clean eats! HATE the bloated feeling - good for you for beating it!
Shin splints are nasty! There are a couple CS dvds that focus on preventing/healing them - it feels so good to get them stretched out.

-
Nice Saturday here. Stocked up on travel-size toiletries for FLorida! That stuff is so darned cute!:D

Hi everyone!

Anne, I like your rotation and like someone else mentioned, if you eat clean it will help so much! Hope your time at your parents is going ok.

Kate, good job on not going overboard on the cinnamon rolls! I bet they were delicious! Glad you enjoyed your “you” time :)

Klaudia, have fun at the concert – the lineup sounds fun, I could probably remember the lyrics to ½ of those songs still :D:D

Katie, I am glad you are feeling better :) Did Collin have tee ball today?

Nina, I am glad the melatonin is working for you! I also think that you should skip meso 3.

Colleen, glad you were able to get your run in! The weather was nice and cool here this morning, hope you also had good weather.

Wendy, glad you are really liking Calif :D I would love that restaurant.

Lisa, good job on the cleaning, that needs to be my goal for tomorrow! I hope the active recovery week helps your shin to feel better.

Had a good w/o-total body and core w/o from an exer tv download. Eating could have been better today, but tomorrow is a new day!! I was out again most of the morning and afternoon which made it harder to eat the right stuff. Got the grocery store done for the week so that is good. Hope everyone has a good night!

Clintonya

Morning all,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. We had a busy day. I did S&H back in the morning and then went for a quick 20 min rollerblade (so fun) in the afternoon. We also went grocery shopping, watched a parade, and went to the girls' recitals. We almost missed Annabel's one for her class because I misread/heard the time. I was so stressed out for the first half hour or so because I was so afraid that we were going to miss the other ones too but it was fine. I was exhausted by the end though!

This morning I did S&H chest and 30/30. Good workout. My chest is on fire and 30/30 is a nice quick sweat fest.

Today we are going back to our little town festival and some lunch (gross) and pony rides, games, etc. The girls are so excited.

Kate, I can't believe you are getting so close to your vacation. That's so awesome. It's funny the things that tempt us. Cin rolls are not tempting for me at all - way too sweet. Now chips and guac, a different story all together!!

Katie, hope you had a great day. When's that first appt with your mw? I bet you're anxious for that hb!

Nina, so glad you are getting good sleep! It makes all the diff in the world. How was the beach? How are you doing without dh?

Klaudia, how was date night? I really need to call a babysitter and get Ryan and I out for the night. I'm just procrastinating!

Colleen, I should do some of the hardcore workouts. It's been a while. Adding a 2 mile run though, geesh. Are you turning into Nina? :p

Wendy, you sound so happy. I really hope you enjoy your time in CA. Ryan has extended fam in SF! It's beautiful there. His gparents live in Monterey, what a little piece of paradise!! Good luck gym shopping.

Lisa, I'm so amazed with your schedule that you ever have time to WO. You're inspiring. I hear you on the high impact. Every now and then I need a break. Rollerblading was so good for that yesterday!

Clintonya, sorry for the bad eats but you're right, just make it up today. It's the multiple days/weeks/months in a row of poor eating that are bad for us! Great job getting your WO in though.

Well, I'm off to have my breakfast smoothie, do some laundry, shower, and head out with the fam for the festival. I'll try to check in later but I have LOTS of studying to do today so I might be MIA.

XOXO

Great start to my day! Ju woke up early for some cuddling and I knew I couldnt go back to sleep so I did a FRIM dancey cardio and a CS. yay! We'll go to church this AM and later visit my mom - her MS is acting up really bad and she's getting pretty depressed.

Clintonya, Sounds like you had a full Saturday! Hope you can get some relaxing in today!

Angie, Busy weekend for you too! You guys are having lots of fun it sounds like! Great WOs!
Do you have any recital pics to share? Maybe they're on FB - I'll check it out in a bit....
The chips tempt me too... The guac you can have!
LOL @ the gross lunch!

quick checkin for me. we had such a great day yday - beach, pool, etc. my boys were exhausted. i got in a nice 10 miler, and my eats were so spot on yday. could tyhe extra sleep be what i needed to get my diet better? thanks for all the advice on meso 3. maybe i will do ff's jan rotation from 09, or pyramids this wqeek. it is nice to think of lifting for less than an hour:)

wendy, glad you are enjoying ca, and the indian food sounds yummy.

angie, have fun at the festival.

lisa, wtg with the good eats at ttom. what are you loooking for in your next rotation?

klaudia, i need details about date night.

kate, nice day planned for you. i am jealous of your alone time.

hi anne, hi coleen, hi clintonya.

off to the beach shortly. now i want to move here again:D luckily things are going well with my mom, and i am just actually enjoying myself and not feeling depressed with dh gone. bbiab

I WANNA GO TO THE BEACH TOO !!!!!!!!!!!! (where's the whining smiley ??)

Hi Girls ! It sounds like everyone's having a nice weekend so far.

Friday night we had some FD that made for a rotten night's sleep Friday night and a not-so-fun day yesterday , but today is a new day ! Time to move on !!!:D:D

I did talk DH into a nice 3 mile walk on the bike path yesterday. We went inbetween rain showers, so we were practically the only ones there !!! Really nice to get out and walk again ! I've missed it.

Our dinner last night was at the fundraiser. Not great for clean eats, but I had my spaghetti with meatless sauce, a salad with very little dressing and I got a piece of chocolate cake/white icing and gave all but a tiny sliver to my youngest daughters bf ! So it was okay I guess.

Going to do some organizing in the house today. I just have too many piles of this and that laying around in my bedroom. (fitness and cooking magazines that I need to go through, books that I don't have any place to put......and out of season clothing that needs to be stored away and today's the day. Stuff like that)
If it doesn't rain, maybe we'll get to walk again.
I am itching to plant some tomatoes and herbs, but it's a little early still.................don't know if I'll give in or not !:p;)

BBL ! Enjoy a joy filled Sunday! :)

becky, glad you had a nice walk with dh! its practically may already, is it really too early to plant where you live?

kate, this place DOES have an oven, phew! DH got here and decided we wouldnt be happy in there so he rented an apt. went with a corp housing company that had a mil pkg, fully furnished down to vacuum, veggie peeler, TP, etc. he done good!! its smallish but very nice. of course theres gadgets im missing, how did we live before food processors and stand mixers, lol...
you're gonna have a blast at disney! first time for J, right? but your big girls have been? JJ loved MK so much we spent 2 whole days there.

nina, i am so behind, are you on vaca somewhere right now? i looked at that FF rotation you were thinking of and i vote that one!!!

angie, yikes on the class mix-up, was it a translation thing? we are actually planning to head to SF next weekend for a night... what should we do/see? where should we stay? any idas would be lovely!

still havent got to gym shopping. errands/shopping took most of the yday then the cookout here by the pool was...interesting...most of the guys here with my dh are young and single (or here acting young and single for all i know, lol). WHATEV. they live their lives and we live ours and we can hang when it suits us. perfectly nice people, it just felt a little like some mtv beach show. and im not that old!!

no big plans today. eats should be clean. DH goes back to work, overnight shift. i hope to visit the gyms and then get back here to make some chicken and rice. i havent worked out since wed before i left and i am missing it. gotta get on it!

also, not normally a cal counter but i feel like it might help me reset myself here if i do a 1-2 week food log. i was going to aim for 1500 cals for continued weight loss... do you guys think that is too low for nursing still?

Morning!

Concert was fun-brought back lots of memories from jr. high/high school:) Went out for drinks after and were home by 1:30 am, up this morning at 7ish. Nothing planned for today-maybe I'll take the girls to Target since I dind't go yesterday and it's yucky and rainy out. Need to do GS Triceps and 30 minutes on the treadmill later too.

Clintonya, I knew most of the lyrics too!

Angie, date night was a lot of fun, but D and I need to go out solo where we can actually talk instead of shout;) Recital time here is so stressful especially with 3 girls dancing-multiple costumes, make up, etc. I bet they looked adorable! Have fun at the festival!

Kate, nice way to start the morning:) Hope the visit with your mom goes well.

Nina, we had a good time-the people we were with weren't very enthusiastic but it was still fun-we even saw a goat-in downtown Detroit!! I'm loving the short lifting sessions-that's why I didn't end up doing Meso 3 this time around. My next rotation is going to be an upper/lower split.

Becky, sorry about the fd-blech. Glad you got to enjoy a walk with dh-I can't wait to do that with D again. Good day for organizing here-gray and rainy.

Wendy, you'll be settled soon-no worries. So funny about dh's work friends. Darrin works with a lot of young, unmarried guys too-and a few who are not young but act like they are;) And the drama!! It's like watching a soap opera! We just laugh about it when we come home and ask each other, "Aren't you glad we're married?":)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.