Table 12 - Thursday

L Sass

Cathlete
Hello 12. Hope you all are off to a good Thursday morning. Any good weekend plans? It's going to be cold and rainy here on Saturday - and we have a clambake to go to that day. It never fails that we have bad weather for this event, and then it turns nice again - HA! Funny thing is that we have relatives who all came in from Phoenix for it - I guess it just reminds them of why the live in Phoenix!

Belinda - getting close huh? Does it feel strange to know you're going? I hope as these last days draw near that everything with the move goes smoothly.

Gayle - what an awesome inspiration you are - your enthusiasm just leaps out of my computer - I love it! How are the boys liking mom being at school? Great job on PUB yesterday. When you did 30#, how many reps did you do? I notice that you increased on the down side of the pyramid - did you do 10 reps? Or 8 because you heavied up?

Amy - what did you do yesterday - go to the gym? Or stay in and do Cathe weights? How heavy do you go at home vs. gym?

Jean - how is Summer? Does she keep you up at night? I still come back to those pictures (and Pennie's granddaughter) when I want to smile. Great job on the running.

Cheryl - tell me more about this lymphatic body wrap. What did they do and how does it work? Will you do it again? Sounds like your business is going gangbusters. That's so cool!

Pennie - was it "fun" with DS getting his hair cut? My 3-y.o. DS makes me laugh everytime we go for a hair cut - I just wonder if that continues. Hope the pics go well.

Alesia - I think we lost you to school baby girl. I hope it's good for you and your brother.

Heather - where are you GF? Are you reacclimated since your return? I hope some of those other "issues" are getting resolved for you.

Lots of errands to run with DS today - so I'll look back in when I can. I did CK this morning (Gayle didn't you say you do this once a week?) I was so sluggish in it last week that I had to do it again - wow! Much better today. Then hopped on the TM and kicked out a 2.5 mile walk/run to Candace's Cardio Coach 6. I love this and haven't done it since before I started training for my 60-mile walk where we weren't allowed to use headphones. It felt good to get this in again. Have a terrific Thursday all. (Going to watch the clips again before we get moving!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hey Lorrie! Great job on CK! Yes...I try to do this once a week. LOVE the DOMS I get across my back and shoulders from it!

Weekend plans include a wedding Friday night, and pretty much NOTHING the weekend, besides a baseball game Saturday morning and a football game Sunday night!

Did I make a typo on my numbers for PUB??? I meant to type that I used 15/20/25/20/15!!! I max out at 25 lbs! I'm quite sore today!

I have to be quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning, I was up earlier...5:10am. PLB, 100 walking lunges and 100 reverse lunges. OUCH! I LOVE working lower body!!!! OUCH! lol

Gotta get a few things done quick...then school/work!

Gayle

Gayle, ooooh, ouch, it hurts just hearing about those lunges. I love/hate working lower body the most. Generally do an isolated lower body workout just once a week, and for me it's definitely the dreaded workout!

Lorrie, the body wrap started with a cream that was heavy in cinnamon and herbal components for drawing out toxins and excess fluid. So it's like a transdermal patch, except that it's over most of your body. Then you get wrapped snugly (not tightly) in heavy saran wrap and rest for an hour. When the plastic comes off your contours are definitely improved and there are inches lost, and you continue to drink a lot and pee a lot for the subsequent 24 hours to continue the detoxing process. The lost inches really did stay off. No ultimate difference in pounds.

The gal who did it on me lost 75 pounds (!!!!) after her final pregnancy and used this method to get her upper arms firmed back up. They look great. She knows about Cathe and does good solid workouts.
I will definitely do this several more times as I lose my 10-15 pounds to help tighten and contour what's left. Loved it! Surprised how much I did.

I get eyelash extensions. They get glued on with a tweezers one lash at a time and they're permanent until they fall off or fall out. I get them in a home spa/studio of a gal who lives 10 minutes away and she partnered with someone who came in to offer the body wraps. That's how I heard about it and decided to give it a try. That was Tuesday night and my jeans are still fitting much nicer today.

I did feel sapped of energy yesterday morning while I was still detoxing, but today I fell really energized. Shaved two minutes off the normal time of my 5-6 mile run.

Vic and I are going to Denver this weekend with sibling couples and his folks for a fun little retreat. Can't wait! We fly out 1 p.m. tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Cheryl

Hello everyone....

Lorrie...i am lost in a sea of school and work...but I though it important to check in with everyone and say hello...i didn't want anyone to think that I had forgotten them. My biggest concern as you all know right now is the fact that monday is now only really four days away! So mom try and STOP worrying...everything will work out...darieus and I will survive and probably do ALOT of growing up. Plus now i get to go to Germany....YES!Oh and can I come to your clam bake...yummmo :)

Besides that the only fun thing going on in my life is the Octoberfest that we are going to on Saturday....party...dont worry ladies Ill keep an eye on my mom...you know how crazy and wild she gets sometimes.

Penny-I LOST the battle of the shoes....x( she actually made me put them in a box for her....torture...but now I have to go shopping :)

Cheryl-this may be a duhhh question...but i am currently debating what to do my masters on...and am thinking I may want to double in Advertising and Public Affairs. I will already have a bachlors in Corporate communication/PR....do you think that is a wise choice or perhaps have anyother suggestions. You do in fact work in this field, and therefore I value your opinion.

Ok, back to class I go....hope everyone is doing well...

Hello everyone.

Last night I went to the gym to get DD registered and wanted to do the Wednesday night spin class. After getting dinner ready for DH, I was running late so I just opted to do lower body. I used the recumbent bike to warm up. I don't like that thing. Just doesn't feel right.
As for today, I got up and squeezed in PUB up only.

Lorrie, the puppy is doing pretty good through the night. This morning I took her in the game room and tied it to her my weight rack(so she would not be in my way). She played with her toys and watched me work out.

Cheryl, that wrap sounds nice. One time I had a seaweed wrap. There's nothing quite like being wrapped up like a burrito.
Your's sounds much better though. I had never heard of eye lash extensions before. Pretty cool.

Gayle, I thought you were doing some kind of modified pyramid, where you go up 4 levels instead of 3. Either way it is quite an accomplishment.

Alesia, Amy, Belinda, Pennie and Heather, hope your day is going well.

Jean

Hey girls! Boy am I checking in late today. Been so busy and only have a few minutes.

Lorrie, yes, it was fun watching DS get his hair chopped off. He has had it long for so long and I like the shorter version much better. We have the pictures taken for the yearbook tomorrow and then we will have our photographer friend take informal senior pictures in the Spring.

Gayle, I know you must be looking forward to that wedding - how fun! Again, good job on those PUB weights and your leg work this morning. Ouch is right!

Cheryl, I hope you have a great trip - sounds wonderful! Stay strong girl!

Jean, how wonderful - your daughter is joining you at the gym? I'm happy for ya - now you can go together! You are doing great! I can just imagine your cute little puppy watching you work out.

Alesia, GREAT to see you check in! Sorry you lost the battle of the shoes LOL! Have fun at Octoberfest this weekend and give your Mom a big hug from all of us! Remember, I am only a couple of hours away if you ever need help with anything.

Gotta go now...

Wow, Alesia, what great choices! With a degree in Communications/PR, I'd want to talk to you! If you go for a masters, public affairs would be wonderful. Advertising - okay, but in my own opinion communications and PR are more where it's at. I may be biased. :)

Everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful night!!!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.