t.g.i. kettlebells.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

No workout for me today. I was up late playing Mahjong and didn't feel like getting up to workout this morning....even if it was only stretching:p

Not sure which bell to use next week - the 30# or the 12kg. I've been reading on DD where the men doing ETK have gone from a 20kg or 24kg and dropped to a 16kg for a few weeks and then hit pr's with the original bell they were using when they went back to it...that seems to me like I should try with the 12kg, but that's so light..... I guess then I really am working on form! Any thoughts?

Melissa::: Download special report 1 and there are the floor presses there. http://www.dragondoor.com/dv036_bonus.html It is my new favorite exercise! Tension in your entire body!! Great workout yesterday!

Gayle::: Hope you are feeling better. How was cc?

Jane::: How was the run? Have fun in your race tomorrow!!! Go Jane Go!!

waves to Rhonda and Marcy!

Deanie, the Long Push Press looks just like a Thruster to me, but the one-legged press looks interesting! I will do a cashout with that exercise next week, definitely always needing to improve body tightness.
My and my girlfriends used to stay up way past midnight playing Phase 10. I used to feel like such a wile girl for doing that :eek::eek::eek:
I would drop down to a 12kg because it is the next size down. In the past I have always felt renewed strength after a rest week, so I think you will be okay. I don't think that 30# is enough of a drop in weight to give you benefits of rest. :) JMO, though.

My body is so happy that it gets a rest today! :D Me, too. It is absolutely gorgeous outside, but it is cold. I wanted to take Lucy for a run, but I have gotten so used to the warmer weather that I have already turned into a wimp. :eek: We'll see.

Have an excellent day, all! See you later gators!

Melissa

Good morning!

Deanie - You wild and crazy woman you!!! :D:p:D Enjoy your rest! I agree with Melissa to go with the 12kg KB. That would be closer percentage-wise in weight to what the guys on the DD forum are dropping to by going from 20-24kg to 16kg.

It definitely sounds like a "work on form" unloading phase...almost kinda PTPish, or maybe "Grease the Groove". Isn't that another Pavel-ism? ;)

Melissa - Nice workout yesterday! :cool: I have to say from your video, that you have GREAT push up form! The reason this stands out to me is that I was channel surfing last night and came across the "Insanity" infomercial. The push ups on that thing were ATROCIOUS!!! Pathetic half (maybe half)-push ups! I'd be embarrassed to do those on TV.

Hope you have a fun run with Lucy (if it warms up)!! :)

Jane - Have a great race tomorrow!! Run fast!!! :cool:

Hi Marcy and Rhonda!

I took a rest yesterday and plan to take a full rest today. My back is feeling better. I saw my chiro again this morning, and have a deep tissue massage scheduled for this afternoon. :) I think I'll try some CC tomorrow and maybe Sunday, then get back into swings on Monday. Chiro said it was okay, but to NOT let my form fail. I'll probably stick with 16kg, but reduce the reps quite a bit for at least a week.

Have a great day!!

Good Morning!!!

TGIF!!!

I taking a rest day today so I can be in fine form for my race tomorrow morning. Afterwards my sister and I are going to mom's house to get her out for a walk and take care of things around the house. I might bring my kettlebell over and do the prisoner workout there as well. It's suppose to be beautiful tomorrow.

Mom starts chemo on April 28 and said she is really at peace with everything. I'm so happy she is in a good place. She is such a positive and inspiring mom and woman.

Gayle ~ I will try to run fast but run and fast don't always work for me. :p Enjoy your deep tissue massage. It sounds like heaven.

Melissa ~ I love your videos!!! Your burpees are beautiful!! Enjoy your rest day!

Deanie ~ Enjoy your rest day too!! Staying up late to play...GOOD FOR YOU!!

Marcy ~ Hope you are not working too hard. Any news on your DH's job??

Rhonda ~ Hope your computer is fixed soon!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

Good Afternoon!

Melissa/Gayle::: Thanks for the advise :) I will go with the 12kg :):)

Melissa::: I hope you get your run in. Its cooler here today too, but I love it!!! I'm a fall kinda gal and today feels like fall!

Gayle::: Glad to hear your back is feeling better. Enjoy the bike!

Jane::: Have fun in the race and with mom this weekend. I was just looking thru my workouts for Tracktastic or the prison style workout myself. Love those!!

Marcy::: Hope DH got good news about a job!

Rhonda::: Hope your computer is feeling better! ;) miss ya!

have a Fantastic and Fun Friday!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.