t.g.i.f.clean.and.tidy

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning all,

Sorry I disappeared yesterday - was just tired and busy in the pm. Cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc.

Today I'm still not feeling well. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep all day. Girls are going to a friend's house this afternoon so I'll get some rest then.

Klaudia, did you end up having your company yesterday? Sorry about Milla's issues lately. It's hard when they start being deceptive!

Colleen, I'm so jealous that you're going on the RT! And what's going on with your job? Sorry about your rings. :( I hate that feeling.

Anne, YAY for you too re: RT! Someday for me... maybe she'll hold off on the Chi-town one until I move back (wishful thinking). Ouch on the eyebrows.

Kate, sorry you decided not to go. I was thinking about your addition the other day. What ever happened with that? LOL on being Julia's jungle gym! Oh, and I think the double postings from Cathe on FB are a result of her tweeter posts (twits... I can't say that without laughing). (I just read Clintonya's post and that's probably the reason...)

Clintonya, did you guys get t-storms. I miss midwest storms. We had crazy rain in Tucson but it was never the storms of the midwest! Congrats on the low weight! Keep up the good work!

Nina, I hope you're having a good day today. Any good houses? That squash/lentil thing sounds interesting!

Wendy, what I wouldn't do for a 3 hour nap from my kids! That's awesome. But I hope you got out and enjoyed the day!

Katie, hope your day was good - happy Friday!

Becky, are you back in court today?

OK, got some cc cookies in the oven for the girls to take to their friends. Gotta get them out.

BBL.

Good Morning Girls,

Angie, hope you feel better soon.

We reached a verdict last night and I finally got home around 8. LONG day, with a migraine , that I still have . Very short night too, got up this morning at 3:30. So today will be ANOTHER rest day.

JD WAS interesting , but it was a VERY difficult sad case . I came home & cried.

Becky, glad that you are going to get a day to rest and that the trial is over. I'm sure I would cry too. I am so sensitive. I'm so sorry you got another migraine! :(

Where is everyone??

Done with lunch, need to shower and get the girls to their friend's house. I burnt my first batch of cookies b/c I forgot about them. Oops.

I have potatoes in the house and that's it for dinner. Any good meal ideas? They're small yellow potatoes.

Morning ladies, very very little sleep for me last night. I was asleep about 30 minutes when Collin woke up and started puking everywhere. This went on for about 1.5 hours, then we went back to bed (me & Collin) on his bedroom floor. He was so tired by the end of it all that he could barely hold his head up to vomit, which was SO scary. He woke me up one more time in the night to throw up a few more times, then went right back to bed.

My mom is here, so she will be home with him today but I really don't plan to stay at work all day. I am tired, pregnant (= need to take care of myself), and I am honestly not sure if my mom can handle it if he starts to throw up again.

Ugghhhh, sorry for all the puke talk!

Oh Katie! ((HUGS)) - I'm so sorry!! Puking kids are no fun. I hope you can get home early and get some rest and I hope Collin feels better soon!

katie, hugs to you!! and collin. is it a virus or food bourne do you think? take good care.

angie, sorry you are not totallly better. i hope you get some rest this afternoon. no ideas with the potatos. the lentils are so good, and so easy.

becky, a migraine too? i hope it is short lived, and i am sory about the sad case. take it easy, okay?

bad night of sleep here too. maybe 2.5 hours? i was going to get up and do some intervals on the tm, but i will just do it later in the day (yes, you have heard that all week!). dh comes home tonight i hope, and i have to work tomorrow. must try to figure out the house across the street today. it is not fabulous at all, but it is adequate, and then we can keep the same neighborhood friends. the one i looked at yday was just adorable - a bit small but so cute it would be worth it. it is forsale by owner, so i think they will rent it at the end of the summer if it does not sell. we need something more secure i think. sigh.

wendy, the lentils and squash was easy - cover 1 c dry lentils with water and cut butternut squash into chunks into it. cook until squash is tender (about an hour). pull out the squahs chuncks and mash, drain lentils and mix together with 2-4 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs curry, 1tsp chillipowder, 1 tbs grated ginger, salt and pepper. i added cumin and coriander to mine as the flavors were so good together. mmmmm

i handed, nursing

a, sorry youre still down.
addition....sadly not for now. it would dbl our mortgage & i dont want to be so tight w. our budget:eek:. thinking abt moving/building sooner instead. maybe a pool instead this summer????

b, hug to you! that would be really hard!
rest up!

k, you rest up tpp! poor c! and mama!
did u sign up for rt?

n, hope the house works out for you!

-
no plans today! bbl....

Yucky morning here.

Crummy sleep must be the theme of the day-I was up every few hours all night and no chance of a nap today since I'm babysitting again. My cousin and friend came over yesterday-ended up being 8 girls of different ages here and they stayed for almost 4 hours! I'm proud to say that I went down at 7 last night and did 4DS KB in its entirety:) Eats were moderately clean-1 slice of pizza and a breadstick for lunch:eek: but a spinach salad for dinner and 1/2 a small dark chocoalte bunny. Today is a run/walk and shoulders from 4DS. And I want to do something with the family tonight since Darrin will be gone all weekend and they go back to school on Monday.

Angie, thanks for the concern about Milla. She is definitely my most challenging child. Hope you can catch a nap later!

Becky, sorry about the JD sadness. The stuff that I read about that happens in Detroit boggles the mind and makes me sad a lot. We had a story recently about a 3 year old little boy who was left at his own b-day party at a pizza party place and no one looked for him for two days!! The mom said she thought he was with the dad or grandma and the dad said the same thing!! amazing that people are allowed to give birth without any sort of classes/test but you can't go fishing or cut hair without a licence-sad.

Katie, poor you and Collin!! That happened to Milla last year and she ended up in the ER-make sure he gets fluids. I hope you get home early. And take care of yourself too!

Kate, enjoy your easy day. A pool sounds awesome!

Nina, sorry about your yucky night. I hope the house situation gets figured out soon-it's gotta be tough living in a kind of limbo. I'd love to move but with the economy here it's not happening any time soon:(

Gotta get my coffee...

Nina, yikes on 2.5 hours! That's horrible. I think I'd be using the pm time for a nap. I'm amazed at how little sleep you get. I hope you figure out the house thing soon. It's so hard to be in limbo. I feel in limbo even though we'll live here for another year. There's something about it that just doesn't feel permanent so I daydream (too much) about my next home.

Kate, bummer about the addition but doubling your mortgage doesn't sound fun either! I think I'd rather re-build and get exactly what you want in one mortgage. Last day of spring break? No plans... sounds heavenly.

Klaudia, a long night for you too? Bummer! WTG getting your WO in. I like to spy on you with FB to see if you posted a WO. You other girls should use wm to post your WOs on FB so I know! :)

Well, the girls are at their friend's house. It's a beautiful day. I had coffee with their mom and now I'm sitting down to try to finish my paper. It's a language analysis that I did on Ellie and I have to comment on all of her different language abilities. It's fun. I like this field.

Hi Everyone!

Busy morning this morning. I did MMA Fusion, then I had to get bloodwork. It wouldn't have been so bad but they wanted fasting bloodwork so I was starving by the time it was over. Glad it is done - I hate to have that stuff hanging over me. Should be a pretty quiet day at work and then the weekend. Woohoo!

Angie, sorry you are not better. Glad you had a break from the girls. I don't have any ideas for potatoes except to add cheese. I usually keep beans on hand to make something quick and healthy.
Kate, ooh a pool sounds so nice. DH wants a pool but our lot is so small you would walk out the door into the pool. (Our neighbor has one and they walk out right into the pool).
Becky, sorry about the long day at JD. I think I would have a migraine after all that stress of deciding someone's fate.
Nina, sorry for the lack of sleep. I hope you figure out something with your house soon.
Klaudia, family night sounds good. DH and I need it since we have hardly seen each other this week.
Anne, the Fairfield Inn is nicer. I will PM you after my meeting and we can discuss check-in, etc.

b: buff smoothie, half a bagel
l: spinach salad w/ turkey
s: apple w/ cashews
d: turkey meatball subs, broccoli slaw, sweet potato fries

Hey ladies, they sent me home to take care of Collin and Baby Ritchie. I think I got a *little* more sleep than Nina but not much. I'm working on the mounds of puke laundry now, will nap soon I hope. I canNOT survive on <6 hrs of sleep, pregnant or not!

2.5 hours without the kids and I get nothing accomplished. I got 3 phone calls (which never happens). Oops. Oh well, it was really nice to have uninterrupted conversations with friends/family.

Colleen, everything okay? Just check-up blood work? I think we are just going to eat the potatoes with some cheese and a small salad on the side. Can't go wrong with simple. Plus, the potatoes here are actually quite tasty.

Katie, I'm so glad you got to go home and take care of your babies. Puke laundry is no fun.

Hi Anne!

So, our coughs around here are so annoying and keeping everyone awake at night. Ryan and I tried to um, ya know, last night and we just kept coughing... uber sexy.

Off to pick up the girlies...

g's hijacking my computer for webkinz!:p

quickie...

kl, good job w/ the evening wo!

ang, the paper sounds interessant!

c, quiet weekend = awesomeness

ka, take care of those babies!:D

angie, lol on your sexy coughing! we were going to....stay up....but we both fell asleep.:rolleyes: try again tonight!:cool:

Just made playdough with the littel ones:) Maybe I can sneak in a run while they play with it after lunch?

Colleen, hope you and C can get a family night too! I so need a night out with Darrin alone!

Katie, glad you're able to take care of Collin and maybe your mama can take care of you!

Angie, what-hacking isn't romantic?;) I think sometimes I get more done when they're around than when they're gone.

Kate, do you just peel them and cut them in quarters? Olive oil? What temp and for how long?

mmmm, sweet potatoes would be so good right now! FIL is back so its busy over here for me. and unfortunately, my knee is acting up =( i need to go grab a shower and do a long, hard, stretching session. try to be back later on!

hi hi hi everyone!

Kl, I onlyhave a sec but I will get the recipe to you soon.
Your playdoh sounds fun!

Wendy, Sorry abt the knee! Hope the visit w/ FIL goes well!

Just finished 40-20 - gotta shower before the girls' playdates!

Kate, how was 40/20? I'm still scared of that work out. More so now that I haven't been doing cardio for a month.

Wendy, have fun with your FIL. Sorry about your knee.

Klaudia, enjoy family night tonight.

Angie, sorry, but LOL at your uber sexy comment!

Katie, I hope you got a nap and Collin is feeling better.

Colleen, woo-hoo! Can't wait to see you!

Nina, do you know if DH will be home tonight? That would drive me crazy.

Becky, sorry for the sad case. That's no fun. I hope you're feeling better today.

Clintonya, will things slow down for you after 4/15?

Did I tell you guys a friend and her son are coming to stay with me tonight? I'm having a sleepover! We're doing a 5K tomorrow morning and then going out to breakfast. I'm cooking dinner for them tonight, which will be nice. This is the friend I have known the longest, our moms used to babysit for each other when we were infants so we've literally known each other our entire lives. She was at the baby shower with me a couple weeks ago. Anyway, I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow, so that is good. And I have plans for both Friday and Saturday nights next weekend, so that is also good.

Have a good Friday, everybody!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.