T-12 Nov 26-Dec 1

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
Hello T 12ers. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was very nice visiting with family. Good food, Good fun. Now that is's behind me(literally), it's time to get serious. I have been way to lax on my eating and exercising and several pounds have started to creep back on me. This morning I got up and did heavy chest and back work and jogged on the TM.

Belinda, prayers to you and your family. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. Hugs to you.

Jean

OK, I guess no one is checking in this week so I'll just chat with myself. (I do that from time to time anyway. It's when I answer back that I get worried, LOL)

This morning I did Biceps and Triceps and then at lunch since it warmed up a bit, I took the dogs for a walk. Felt great to be outside. I hate cold weather, so I'm taking advantage of the warmer temperatures.

Jean

Jean, I'll chat! I'm right in there with you. I am realizing only one of my 15 or so pair of jeans fits and it's snug. Not good. Loving the Cathe muscles, though.

Here we go!

I did HIS/LIS combo today. Loved it!

Bet you're loving that puppy to death. Have a wonderful afternoon!

Cheryl

Hey girls! Sorry, Jean, I didn't see your opening post on Monday. I'm glad to be back to a normal schedule once again. The break is really nice, but I LOVE routine.

DOMS are starting to settle in the ol' booty from this morning's PLB! I upped the weights again and now I'm going pretty heavy. All the sets were 40/50/60/50/40#. For the static lunges, I used the same weight (but in dummbells) and did one-legged lunges/squats with the back leg up on the high step. This gets my booty every single time!

I've got HIIT tomorrow, and I'm planning on a 60-minute iTread Interval workout. I think it's set 24. Just got it and I'm excited to try it out!

LADIES.....we've got ONE MONTH left till our New Year's Resolutions. MINE WILL NOT be to lose this or stop that. MINE WILL BE TO CONTINUE this and to CONTINUE that. I....WE...will welcome 2008 with open, healthy, well-toned and trimmed arms! LET'S DO THIS!

Gayle

We're heading into the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one. Anyone have any plans? Need to do some Christmas shopping, but really don't know where to begin.

Jean

T-12 Check-in

Good morning, T-12 Sisters! Glory! I did it! I faithfully finished Cathe’s November rotation this morning with Boot Camp. This was my first Cathe rotation. Actually, this is the first rotation of any kind that I have completed. I am a bit of a rotation rebel! LOL! Cathe has accomplished what no man or woman before her has succeeded in doing! She created fun and effective weight workouts that I love, and I am hooked on weight training! Many personal trainers have tried to convert me through the years without success. Go, Cathe!

I can do all the Boot Camp drills on the floor now! I had to modify the bunny hops and zig zap drill for my rebounder the first week! I can finally get all 4 weights back to the “finish line” for the suicide runs too. (Of course, I get dizzy when I run that fast. LOL!) I am making progress, and I love what I am seeing! Not only did I have to buy smaller jeans the night before Thanksgiving, but I am continuing to shrink all over and getting stronger every week! Yippee! Never did I dream or imagine I would be using 20-pound weights for incline chest work when 12-pound weights were “heavy” for me 7 weeks ago! I can still remember how hard it was for me to haul heavy weights up the stairs last month when I brought them home from Target! I bought 15-pound weights last year for Body Max 2 and was never able to use them until now!

I logged in yesterday for the first time since the night before Thanksgiving! An 8-day break from Cathe’s place has to be a record for me! This is my check-in for the last 2 weeks:

11-18-07 rest
11-19-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
11-20-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox
11-21-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step
11-22-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp
11-23-07 a.m. Stretch Max
11-24-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio premix)

11-25-07 a.m. Slow and Heavy Legs + Stretch Max
11-26-07 rest
11-27-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
11-28-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox
11-29-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp (cardio premix)
11-30-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step
12-01-07 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

Here are my Cathe calendar results for November:

-10 pounds
-1" chest
-3" waist
-3" abdomen
-3" hips
-1" right thigh
-1" right calf
-1" right upper arm

I am still having fun with the 4-Day Split, but I decided to focus more on cardio and circuit training in December (for damage control in light of all the Christmas celebrations on my social calendar) and return to heavy weight work in January. Cathe’s December rotation looks delightful, so that is my game plan for the rest of the year! I got better results in November with Cathe’s rotation than I did on my own. My goal for December is to maintain my weight as I historically gain 10-20 pounds during the holidays. Eek!

Thank y’all for encouraging me to toss the scale and stick with the heavy weights. Not only am I smaller and stronger, but my body “feels” different too. I can feel muscle under the fat now. Everything is starting to get firmer and tighter. I have faith that I will love what I see when this layer of fat melts away! I have a long way to go and a lot of body fat to burn, but my body is being transformed from the inside out. I am having fun and enjoying every step of the journey. That is what really counts! Glory! I am still amazed that I found weight work I love. I wrote last month that the 4-Day Split would be my breakthrough series. Yes!

Have fun with your workouts in December. Enjoy treats and feast food in moderation. Bless your body with plenty of rest. Get ready to blast off the fat in 2008 with me! I am getting ready for an 18-week group challenge that starts in January. I will share more details about this next month. I am very excited!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.