swinging the KETTLEBELL on a Thursday!=)

deanie

Cathlete
Good Mornning gals

today was Ropes Gone Wild. I followed the dvd for the "class" and then tacked on 2 sections of rope work from Santa Monica. Then since I had some time I did the following short workout:
10 swings/10 pushups
9 swings/9 pushups
you get the idea;)
.... down to 1 swing/1 pushup

All done in half an hour and I feel like I got a really good cardio workout.

I'm diggin' the ropes:cool:

Question: what to you guys do with your wedding ring/engagement ring when you workout with the kb? Mine are just platinum bands (inside my hands), nothing fancy, but I cut myself with the kb/and bands one day so I started taking them off. But my knuckles are larger than my fingers and I was getting a bad sore on my finger from forcing the rings on and off (even with lotion to help). If I wear gloves, I have a hard time with the snatches and my grip. Any suggestions?

bbl with personals!

Hi guys back for personals:

Andilynne~ Did you do Empire State today? Did you like it?

Pascal~ Providence gets me everytime! its such a tough workout. I will be doing that tomorrow

Gayle~ Hope you had a good rest day. I saw on the box the ropes came in, the weight was 24lbs.

Jane~ Did you make it thru your workout yesterday? It looks tough!

Waves to Vilma and Marcy and anyone I may have missed:)

Hi Deanie!

Rest day = good :D

I never wear my rings when I work out. My hands usually swell a little anyway, and they get uncomfortable...I'm also afraid I'm going to scratch/damage them. I think some women wrap medical tape around them.

Nice workout! I like the swing/pushup couplet.

No idea what I'm going to do today.

BBL :)

Hi Everyone!

I'm taking a rest day today even though I'm suppose to be doing my 200 swings. I just can't fit it in for today. I did 85 extra last night so I only have 115 to make up.

Deanie ~ yes that workout was pretty wicked last night but I love those kinds of workouts.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Swingin'!

Good morning to all!

Another fine day in Indiana! This morning I did Newport although I stopped after round 8,My grandson woke up and was ready for breakfast. I really love the fact that even though I only worked out for a total of 40 mins I'm toasted! Kettlebells are just so thorough!

Deanie , I broke down and tried Empire State not long after I posted about having it although I've only watched the manmakers, not tried them!

Good morning to Gayle and Jane and anybody that stops by later, Have a great day!

Hey, all! This morning I did Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness Bootcamp (workouts 1 and 2 premix), then I did 100 swings with my 25# kb and 30 pushups. When I do my 100 swings I usually do a mix of double-arm, alternating, and overhead, but today I did 100 double-arm swings and it felt great! My lats and hammies are feelin' it already!

Deanie - I am sooo gonna try that 10 swings, 10 pushups, 9 swings, 9 pushups.. this weekend. Fridays are my rest days but I'd still like to get in some swings and pushups (as I'm trying to do those two moves every day this year!) Perhaps your little combo is just the ticket! Enjoy Providence tomorrow! Those tactical lunges may be my favorite move of all time!

Andilynn - I couldn't agree more with your sentiments re kettlebells being so thorough. A 40 min. kb workout can toast me more than some 90 min workouts I've done! Hey - how do you like Empire State? And can I just say props to you for doing Newport - I have it but am too scared to try it just yet!

I think **maybe** if AOS has Empire State/Manmaker on sale during one of their weekly specials, I am going to purchase it. (Don't tell DH!)

Does anyone here have a vinly coated kettlebell? I only have vinyl coated kettlebells (3 of them) and they give me blisters! Does this happen with non-coated kettlebells? As Deanie mentioned in her post, I have a tough time with my grip when I wear gloves. Any thoughts??

Gayle and Jane - enjoy your rest days!! My rest day is tomorrow and I think my blistered hands and sore hamstrings are going to thank me for it!

Happy Thursday!

Me, too!

Question: what to you guys do with your wedding ring/engagement ring when you workout with the kb? Mine are just platinum bands (inside my hands), nothing fancy, but I cut myself with the kb/and bands one day so I started taking them off. But my knuckles are larger than my fingers and I was getting a bad sore on my finger from forcing the rings on and off (even with lotion to help). If I wear gloves, I have a hard time with the snatches and my grip. Any suggestions?

Deanie, I was wondering that same thing this morning, as I was doing KB Way! I have a platinum band too, and have started taking it off before doing kettlebells. My knuckles are big, but I can just squeeze the ring off (with some twisting and soap). Otherwise, I found I was getting blisters where my ring was rubbing.

I also wear gloves (and wrist bands). The gloves aren't too much of a problem until I get to the figure 8s to a hold. I've nearly dropped the KB more than once as I pass it from one hand to the other.

I've been lurking on your KB check-ins, but had to post when I saw your question.

In the book "ETK" Pavel has a section on caring for your hands (in which he says, "I hang my head in shame to be giving you metrosexual skin-care advice.")

Anyhow, I think you should take the ring off if you can. Maybe take it off the night before if you workout in the a.m. (as I do) and your fingers are swollen in the morning.

Kathryn,
Just saw this:eek:

Don't be a lurker!! come join us!!:)

I was taking my rings off at night, with lotion to help them off, and getting them back on in the morning after working out was torture:eek: I was getting a sore on my knuckle from taking the rings on and off and twisting and forcing them!:(So I wrapped them today. Very easy and worked fine.

My brother has ETK, I've got the AOS ETK workbook and I'm going to start in Feb. I should ask my brother to look up his advise!

Thanks!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.