Swingin' the KETTLEBELLS--Wednesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

Today I wanted to see how long I could swing Bertha with the 30 seconds on/30 seconds off formula, without having done a workout first. I am really happy with my workout today.:) My swing form was spot on, and I really had fun:confused:!!

Jane::: You all have a great attitude!! Yes, sometimes all you can do is laugh! My mom is hanging in there, thanks, good days, bad days, but getting to be more good days at this point:) She actually went to see someone to talk to about the whole thing, and they told her she was doing just fine. which is always nice to hear. I hope your sister is okay dealing with your dad. I'm sure with updates she is at least mentally prepared....My box jumps were on a 20" box. I am afraid to go higher, and I have no more risers, so that works out well ;) Hope you had a nice run!

Marcy::: Great yoga practice. Hope you enjoyed your last swing class. Bolero lessons sound wicked!!LOL;) what did you decide?

Rhonda::: LOL that you wore your snuggie to class!! you have Moxie! Don't think I would have.... In college, I was a big rebel when I wore my sweats to class!!LOL Did you end up going to KM class last night?

Gayle::::Great workout, especially with the OHS @ 55#!!

Hi to Melissa if you are lurking!!;)

anywhoo, here's my workout for today.... doesn't look like much on paper, but it was a good workout :)

Swinging Bertha
(my 24kg/53#kb)

30 seconds on/30 seconds off

swung for 26 minutes!!!!!:D:D:D Yea ba-by! :cool:

NOTES:
*almost all swings were 2 handed, sometimes towards the end of 30 seconds did some 1 handed swings
*last 3 rounds were tough
*noticed my left hand grip not as good as right hand, need to work on that.....
*next challenge is to swing Bertha: 1 minute on/1 minute off for 20 minutes

=================================

Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!

I really enjoyed my run last night in cooler weather. It really makes a difference performance wise. Today will be a rest day.

Deanie ~ Congrats on swinging Bertha in 26 minutes!!! You are amazingly strong!! Way to work it!! I'm glad your mom is doing well. I hope my sister can handle it too. Part of the problem is that she wants to help so much and she also wants to control. Last time she was here just kept telling my mom that she needs to be doing this or do that and with dementia patients you can't. What works one minute may not work the next. I'm going to try to prepare her for his physical decline. Sometimes it seems that my sister has a cold heart but I think it's her way of protecting herself. My mom has a saying for dealing with everything called S.H.I.T = Shared Happiness in Turmoil. :)

Marcy ~ It was 55 degrees this morning but will get up into the 80's this afternoon. I think I have a fall wardrobe. :eek: I tell everyone I have 2 wardrobes which is summer and then everything else. The Bolero class sounds like fun!

Rhonda ~ I have a question about the snuggie. Does it have buttons or something in the back? My mom always asks me this question and since I've never seen one up close, I can't answer. I want to see pictures too!!

Gayle ~ Great job on the OHS!! I have trouble with those and always go lower with weight.

Hi Melissa if you are lurking!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Deanie - Amazing work with Bertha! Your are strong!! I think I recall Mtn. Athlete doing that same KB swing drill (30 on/30 off) for 30 minutes and it really toasted their athletes. I'm also glad to hear your mom is having more good days.

Jane - Your mom has a great attitude. :) Enjoy your rest day.

Waves hello to Marcy, Rhonda and Melissa if you're lurking.

I'm planning to do Providence tonight. I've missed Anthony. ;)

Good Afternoon!

I did Cardio Barre Ultimate Advanced this morning. Pretty good workout but there were a few sets where I didn't finish all the reps. Started with 3# on arms but had to go down to 2#. Maybe I should have just done 2# throughout. Used 2# on part of the cardio section.

Deanie - Great workout and WTG on your excellent form! I think 20" is high enough! Glad to hear your mom is doing well. It's either Bolero or Fox Trot. I love bolero but I need more work on my fox trot. Tough choice!

Jane - Love your mom's saying! I'm going to miss not wearing shorts every day. Second day in a row, I've had to wear a light jacket to work. I guess swimming is finally over for you now. They have Snuggies in Walmart if you're near one (in the as seen on TV section).

Gayle - Have a great workout with Anthony!

Waves to Melissa and Rhonda!

Marcy

Hi all.

For the record, I have a snuggie knockoff so it doesn't look so bad. Now that I think of it, I could be wearing it wrong. No workout last night but I have clothes packed for Krav class. Will let you know tomorrow.

Deanie- WTG on the swings. You are one strong chica. Glad your mom is okay.

Jane- I like your mom's saying. The weather finally broke here and it is so much more enjoyable.

Gayle- Thanks for the fashion show links. Have fun with Providence.

Marcy- Bolero does sound fun. Makes me wish I was coordinated.

Waves to all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.