Sweeping up the cake crumbs - Clean June 14

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Morning all you wagon riders. Give me a hand up, please. I'm having a cake hangover and need to be squeaky clean today.

B-fast - WW english muffin with almond butter, banana

Lunch - salad, berry salad

Dinner - chicken with sun dried tomatos, salad

Snack - cherries

Workout - PS chest, shoulders and triceps

Have a great day!

Good Morning!
My hand is dangling - grab on Robin! On second thought, last night wasn't so good for me. Maybe I need to grab on to someone else. Anyone else have a free hand?

I was fine until the evening. There really wasn't dinner. I had a bowl of cereal. DD sent to her 8th grade dance. We had pictures and all the other hoopla that comes with dances. Later that night, I got into the tortilla chips! I'm also PMSing so I couldn't fight temptation. I tried to get on the computer to get some support, but the internet wasn't working so I caved!
Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Hi Phyllis and Robin and all those clean eaters to follow

Phyllis and Robin here is a hand up. I had a great day today.

Late B - Banana

L - Oats, almonds, cashews and yoghurt

S - Banana and rice cakes with cottage cheese

D - Vegies with cottage cheese

Workout - Power Hour

Have a great day everyone. I have just put the kiddies to bed and am now going to relax for the night.

Kim:)

Good Morning Robin, Phyllis, Kim and all who roll in today!

Robin - I hope you had a great day yesterday and enjoyed every bite of each of those cakes made in your honor...MMMM, cheesecake, drool! I offer my hand, too. Those hangovers are rough, though, aren't they?

Phyllis - Today's a new day, right?

Carola - Thanks for the good wishes yesterday. I really do appreciate it. It sounds like your days are pretty long, also.

Again, no workout...although I did the second half of CleanMax this morning. Yeah, I can see my bedroom floor again...I knew it was under there somewhere LOL.

B - spanish egg white omelette, steel cut oats with strawberries
S - cottage cheese and a banana
L - hardboiled egg whites with guac, salad, apple
S - carrot salad and a slice of flaxseed bread with PB
D - last serving of broiled tilapia with mango salad, steamed broccoli
S - dessert - VERY unclean but it's a ritual...my SO and I stop for a small vanilla ice cream cone on the way home from bowling on Thursday nights as a celebration/consolation (depending on how we do :p).

Have a great day everyone!
Wendi

Hi Ladies,
I haven't been very good about checking in. I'm PMSing in a big way! I can't seem to eat enough food and of course sweets are involved. HELP! I'm going to do Core Synergistics now and then I'll post my menu.

Have a great day everyone!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning! Started off my day w/ a 14.5 mile bike w/ my 2 buddies, then came home to do Shoulders & Arms. What a great way to start the day! }(

Liquids ~ 40 oz water, cup of coffee

Pre-bike ~ PB Access bar

Post- workout ~ Banana & light activia yogurt

Breakfast ~ Usual oatmeal

Will probably eat a bit more today since I started early & got in a lot of exercise! :p

good morning everyone! i did pretty well yesterday, although i did have sushi for dinner. it was clean, but i ate too much of it, lol.

my day has been thrown a kink because dd had an asthma attack this morning and is home from school. on tap for today is laundrymax, cleanmax and power hour :)

i'll be playing the whole menu thing as i go along, so i'll bbl.

I am confused and a big ole dork I guess! There are two threads for clean eats....which one is everyone going to use??

Tneah--thanks for calling our attention to the two threads. More folks seem to be posting on this one. I think the fact that the "clean" was at the end of the line threw us off. Clever title, though, Robin!!

I posted on the other thread first but will now post here since this seems to be the thread of choice. :)

I officially joined this thread in the beginning when it was a 7 day challenge. I loved it for 3 days, then got stressed out and quit. I’d like to jump back in now, if you don’t mind.

I’ve still been kind of watching the thread, and I love that you changed the name to “Clean or Tidy.” I got stressed about eating clean for a couple reasons. One is that I’m about to go on furlough and life is busy and stressful anyway. Trying to be concerned about squeaky clean eating was too much. Also, I live in Africa. And the foods I can buy here make it tough to eat REALLY clean (eg. Absolutely no skim milk, soy, or options other than full cream milk). However, tidy is actually easier to do here than in the US, since we can’t get the same kinds of junk (no Doritos or beef jerky!). So, I’m going to go for tidy.

I have a month till furlough and would like to eat tidily. If this thread keeps up for long, well, while we’re in the States I know will not eat clean, but I’d like to not totally lose control.

Another big thing for me is water. While I’m so busy, it’s easy to forget. One day last week I realized I’d only drunk 3 8 oz glasses!!

So, here’s today:

B: multi-grain cheerios and milk
S: banana
L: brown rice, red beans, stir fry cabbage/carrots
S: apple with 1T PB

Supper will be lean steak chili over brown rice, fresh veggie plate, and fruit salad.

I’ve already had my 64 oz water plus 16 oz during my workout.

Thanks, girls.

Laura

Whew! Okay, I will post here too.:7

I got back from San Diego Tuesday night...have a houseful of guys that flew down from SLC to work with my DH so have to cook, and make sure they are all fed this week...x( It's all part of business, but sometimes its hard to have the junk laying around for everyone to eat, and trying to stop yourself from picking at it. Just this AM, I "picked" at a pumpkin scone}( Crap.

Moving on,,,I did the "Butts" part of B&G last night, and KenpoX in the AM. This morning is either PlyoX or MIC, something to really get the heart pounding...2night is Cathe's Chest and Triceps-GS.

On the menu: Oh, by the way, I like "tidy" better than "clean", it allows you to be a little more human.

B-fruit
S-shrimp with a little wasabi sauce-okay not super clean but "tidy"
L-not sure, maybe a 4 egg white omlette with spinach, 2 rice cakes
S-fresh veggies dipped in lowfat dressing
D-not sure yet

It is 107 degrees in Las Vegas today, I am confined to my house--its horrible this heat!}(

I think I might have thrown off the thread. I didn't realize Robin had started this one with another of her brilliant and funny opening lines (I stole "clean or tidy" from her)!

Anyway, let's all post on this thread.

I just finished doing Legs and Glutes and Core Max #1. I have had L&G forever, but had never done it. Oweeee! I did Kick Max yesterday but wasn't that sore from the leg conditining drills and I didn't feel like doing full body because my arms were a bit sore from KM (I hadn't done a kick boxing workout in a while). I am sure my legs are going to be really sore tomorrow!

Just had a protein shake w/ blackberries and blueberries, wheat germ and flaxseeds. Mmmmmm...

As usual, don't know what the rest of the day is going to look like. I am going to the mall with a friend. Not many clean choices there. I may bring a protein bar (not totally clean) and see if that will be enough until dinner.

I will post later. Sorry about the thread confusion! :)

Hello clean eaters!
i got up at 4am and did GS Chest and tri's have fun Tnea, looks like we had the same idea for today! Its hot in Toronto, but not 107 degrees!! sheesh
today is food as usual: Dinner will be steamed veggies and lentils, my absolute fave.
DH and i are really having a rough patch here, but its funny, i'm to upset to eat, i guess it could be worse and i could be going the other way :(
All the best to all,
Steph

Steph,

I feel you, girl! DF and I hit a rough patch this past weekend and, to be honest, I just don't have it in me to worry about it right now. It just seems like a rollercoaster of trying, not trying, trying, not trying and sometimes we don't seem to be in the same place at the same time. Right now, I have lost my steam. He does seem to be trying, though.

For once, I am focusing on myself and not worrying about it. I am not trying to do that, it's just really how I feel right now.

Anyway, I am sure you and DH will be fine. No relationship is not without its' ups and downs...growing pains.

I do know about the not eating. I physically can't eat when I am upset or stressed. I find the times I eat more (or do my little candy binges) is when I am happy and content. My mom is like that, too. You can tell when we are stressed out because we get too skinny (ugly!). I also tend to let my workouts slide or other times, dive into them too much and get a bit obsessive about them.

Lorie,
Thanks for words of wisdom! This post actually made me feel better, so thanks.
I too get obsessive, and that's what's happening now. Its nice to not feel alone.
Steph

Hi, everyone,

I did ErrandMax today, but I hope to find time for PUB tonight.
Last night I had a few tortilla chips x( and guac, but all else went as planned. Today I had:
B -nl pb on and apple, oatmeal
s -cherries and nuts
L -plain yogurt with berries, carrot sticks and broccoli stalks
s -hummus on a brown rice cake, a pear

Dinner looks like a big salad with leftover salmon, cup of lentil soup. I'll have pineapple and maybe some cottage cheese for a snack.

Carrie - A speedy recovery to you!!

Laura - Nice to see you back!

Everyone - Take care and think clean!:)

Patty

Hope you're all having a good day. Today hasn't been too great because the only produce I've eaten so far is an apple.:-( I just didn't feel like eating my salad for lunch, so I had low-fat peanut butter on whole wheat bread. Then I had a little Chex mix later in the day. Maybe my dinner will be healthier! Oh well, I am eating a lot healthier than I used to before we started this clean eating challenge.

Robin, what workout is PS chest, shoulders, and triceps that you mentioned today? Is that the Pyramids? I'm thinking about ordering either Pyramids or Imax 3 for myself. I know they're completely different, but they're almost the only two workouts of Cathe's that I don't have. I also don't have Cross Train Express. Out of those three--CTX, Imax 3, and Pyramids, which one do you all like best? Thanks for the help, and have a squeaky clean evening--I'm gonna try, too!!
Valerie

Valerie, the PS is Pure Strength. They are old, old, old workouts. Actually, I just recently got the Pyramids and I love them. They go so fast. If you have IMAX 2, you can probably put off getting 3 for now. (But get it someday!) CTX is good too. I use it when I want to do a rotation that I don't have to plan and don't have a whole lot of time, since most of the workouts are under an hour. I guess of the three, I'd get Pyramids first.

Steph, tneah and Lorie - (((HUGS))) Sorry you guys are having relationship issues. Remember that even the best relationships have their rough times.

Sorry about the confusion with the two threads.

2nd breakfast (I'm a hobbit today! LOL) ~ 2 small WW pancakes w/ NM PB (dd's requested pancakes!)

Lunch ~ Romaine lettuce w/ brocc, cauli, carrots, grape tomatoes, & green olives, w/ 3oz tuna & light honey mustard

Snack ~ Vanilla yogurt, 1/2 c. cott. cheese, 1 scoop mochaccino protein powder, & 1 T. NM PB

Dinner ~ Papa Murphy's Take & Bake pizza- I had one large slice Mediterranean herb chicken deLite (very thin crust w/ chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes, & feta cheese- yum!). And a small slice of chicken garlic. ;) YUMMY!!!! And some grapes & kiwi.

Snack ~ 15 almonds, SF hot cocoa

And about 130 oz of water...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.