:::: Super Excited Christmas Cheetahs!!!:::::::

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Cheetahs~:)

I posted yesterday but I think it got lost some where is cyber land with Wendys post. When I am at work today I will read yesterdays thread and play catch up:) Im pretty sure it will be a quiet day at work:)

Yesterday my workout was a 3.5 mile run and the circuit work of BM1 and todays will be the same except the circuit work of BM2:) I set my alarm for 5:15 so I could workout before work....got to get a good workout in, I doubt I will do anything tomorrow:)

Alright Cheetah babes...have a good day and i will check in later!

Lori:)

Good morning, Lori, and all the Super Excited Christmas Cheetahs!

Strangely, I am not one of them...I enjoy Christmas, don't get me wrong, but I'm reaaallly mellow this year. In my zen zone. So I'm enjoying it all in a quiet way. :)

Monday is normally a yoga/stretch day for me...Since my ski trip cuts into this week and next, I won't start a new rotation until 1/7. Therefore, I'm not sure what I will do today, tomorrow, or Wed. morning. I'll do SOMETHING, but I'm going to play by ear. Certainly no weights today.

[font face="jester" size=+2]If you're game for a little holiday fun, answer the following:[/font size]

[font face="jester" color=brick red size=+1]1. What are your three all-time favorite Christmas songs to put you in the spirit?

[font face="jester" color=forestgreen size=+1]2. If Santa spoiled you this year, what would he surprise you with?

[font face="jester" color=brick red size=+1]3. What is your favorite or most unique family tradition at Christmastime?[/font face][/ color]

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

OK, I've figured out a workout plan for this week:

Today: run or EXT (weather-dependent--it seems to always be raining lately for my scheduled runs!) followed by a yoga session
Tomorrow: PUB
Wed: PLB
Thurs - Sat: full days of skiing
Sun - half day of skiing
Mon.: OFF (I'll be getting a hot stone massage...ahhh! Post-ski bliss!)

Lori :: oops! I meant to post you a personal and forgot...enjoy your quiet night at work...Whatever happ'd with DD and the post-party repercussions?

Edited to correct a typo

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Happy Christmas Eve cheetahs!!!

cathy- thanks for your sentiments yesterday. i was looking real hard in the mirror this morning;) . enjoy your workout today. i love the holidays, however i don't like all of the work associated with them.
can't wait for my kids to open their gifts tomorrow!!!!

lori- enjoy your quiet day at work today.

i am about to go to the gym to do a 45 min itread and then we (sis and dh)are going to the gym later on for bi's and tri's!! DOMS have definitely set into my legs so hopefully i will be able to run them off.

cathy- i will try to come back later to answer your ?'s.

have a great day to all!!

Merry Christmas Eve Cheetahs :)

Lori- I am glad your work day will be a quiet one. Good jog gettting up early to get in that WO

Cathy- Your weeks line up of Workouts looks good, especially the massage at the end of the week!

Sunny- You must be having a blast working out with Dsis and her DH! One of my brothers will run or walk with me when he is in town.

1. What are your three all-time favorite Christmas songs to put you in the spirit? [font color=green]Silent Night, A Raffi Song called: Little Toy Train, Chestnuts Roasting if Nat King Cole sings it.[/font]

2. If Santa spoiled you this year, what would he surprise you with?
[font color=red]A wine cellar for DH[/font]

3. What is your favorite or most unique family tradition at Christmastime?
[font color = green] Hmmm, I do not know if any of ours are unique. We go to church, eat , talk and open presents. As long as we are together, we are not too concerned about doing (unique) rituals. My favorite time is Christmas morning with DH & kids, a fire in the fire place and good hot coffee.[/font]

Yesterday was HSTA on the BOSU it was doable and fun. I added some abs at the end. Today is either a short run or nothing. We have a long to do list, a visit to grandparents and mass before our guests arrive at 6.

It time to get going here. Have a lovely Christmas Cheetahs! I hope we can all share in some of Cathy's Zen like feelings! I am not there yet, It is more like adrenaline rush right now LOL. Oops ! Maybe that is the caffeine kicking in !

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Merry Christmas to all my GREAT cheetahs friends. I am here to wish you all a fabulous holiday and my hopes for the new year is to be back on the boards more regularily. :)

We've been hit with a winter storm yesterday, but thank goodness I'm all done shopping. We now have plenty of snow for everyone to go sliding!! EVERYONE!:p Should be fun!!

I have made a few adjustments in my thoughts for a new career. Instead of going for a group instructor's fitness certificate I've decided on a personal trainer instead - soooooo, I will be tapping into some of my Cheetah friends thoughts and perspective for sure.

I'm off to teach step class - I had 7 people ask that I have a class this morning!!! :7 :eek: :7 I was amazed at their commitment to exercise over the holidays and most definitely said 'yes'.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone - be back soon!
Marcia.

P.S. Jess - I am lovin' Turbo Jam. I did Cardio Party yesterday and rocked the house down!!! }(

Happy Christmas Eve Cheetah Babes!:)

Lori: I hope you have the quiet day at work that you expect. Great work outs. Are you going out or staying at home for Christmas? Enjoy the holiday. I am not working out tmrw either. :)

Cathy: I'm like a big kid at Christmas. I always get really excited!:7

1. What are your three all-time favorite Christmas songs to put you in the spirit?

Pretty much ANY Christmas song I hear!:7

2. If Santa spoiled you this year, what would he surprise you with?

Well, he already surprised me with ONE of my most wanted gifts! My mom bought me the Coach bangle bracelet I wanted!}(
The other would have to be a new Ipod Nano that will hold even MORE Itrain work outs PLUS my music!!!!!

3. What is your favorite or most unique family tradition at Christmastime?

I love the Christmas Eve gtg that my DH's family has every year. It's kinda crazy but lots of fun. We even get a visit from Santa himself!;)

Sunny: Enjoy your work outs today. Have a very happy holiday girl! Please tell me you have a atleast today and tomorrow off from work to celebrate!!!! You work so dang hard, you deserve a break!!!

Judy: Yay for the Bosu! I've done the HSTA cardio on the bosu. ITA-doable and fun! Glad you enjoyed it. So if DH gets that wine cellar he wants, are you gonna invite the Cheetahs over for a little wine tasting par-tay? }( :9 ;) LOL

Marcia: Great to see ya here girl! Enjoy your class today and have a great holiday!:)

Okay, I guess my time here is up for the moment. The munchkin is up there yellin' for me. He wants OUT! LOL

BBIAB!:7

judy- i love having workout buddies!! don't you just love it when your brother comes to town:) HSTA using the bosu- that's a great idea!

marcia- Happy Holidays!!!!

wendy- i have more than just today off girl, i am off for the most part all of this week. wed & friday i am teaching a 1/2 hr bootcamp class, that is it! coach bangle- owwwww that sounds nice, you might have to post a pic!

cathy- sadly,i don't see that much of a difference. 3 fave songs- silent night, frosty the snowman:) , here comes santa clause!
gift- a mazda cx7!
unique tradition- ds always hangs the tree topper and we take a pic. it's amazing to look back at each year and how he's grown.

i did itread 17 (she made us walk up a 12% incline...oh boy), we are off to the gym (for me again) for bi's and tri's...what fun!!

ttyl...:7

Merry X-mas Eve Cheetahs!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/hld/dance12.gif[/img]

Cathy...that Layered Mexican Tortilla Casserole sounded delicious. I love black beans. I even saw Howie in a new commercial yesterday, now I just need to get stranded in a pick-up and hope he gives me a ride!! Enjoy your cardio and yoga today. I think the hot stone massage will feel wonderful after the skiing!

1. I only have one fav X-mas song to get me in the Spirit "Holly Jolly Christmas"
2. A Bosu...:)
3. Almond Champagne

Lori...thanks for your card...:)...sounds fun using the running and Bodymax workouts like that.

Sunny...I hope the run helps your DOMS. So now you will blast those bi's and tri's...:)

Judy...a busy day planned for you. Good job with using the Bosu in HSTA...

Marcia...Merry X-mas back to you! Enjoy your step class.

Wendy...sounds like you are ready for all the X-mas fun!! What is Santa getting Joey?

Christine...so relieved to hear you won't be serving Scrapple in your house!..:)...I didn't watch the Raider game I was watching Green Bay, sadly...but I put good old Sapp in the same boat as Lewis, never liked Sapp and wish he would have stayed with the Bucs!

Today will be 4DS KB Cardio, B&G standing, abs and then 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/DygppoDgekBgoqq.gif[/img]

HI Cheetahs!:) :)

I forgot to mention that yesterday I also did 4DS UB work. My arms are a little sore but my chest and back are o.k.
So todays workout was what I planned plus another mile. 4 miles and BM2 circuit work:) Im happy with that. Now, if I can keep my eating in check today, everything will be allllllright:)

Cathy** Oh DD hasn't really said much. She isn't happy that she lost her phone but she doesn't show any emotion either. I told her that I may keep it until her b-day so we have 3 monthes to work on her attitude. I think it would work in her advantage if she would show some kind of emotion but she goes around like its no big deal, which irks me even more! I remember one yr I got in trouble at school and my mom wouldn't buy me a pair of jeans I wanted. I was rotted but I tell ya, it was the last phone call she got from school:) The phone is still in the room though so she is well aware that it isn't rewrapped and put under the tree. I can't go back to walmart and return it right now, its still to crazy. Not only that but I learned the next day that one of the girls didn't make it so they all took a gift belong to her and opened it:eek: Im like...WTH? Isn't the 10 gifts they just receievd ENOUGH? I had one of the kids call and ask for her gift and thats when I learned about it. I just hope the parents didn't think I approved of this.I made DD call the person who opened the gift she had and the girl had already wore the earrings!x( Whats wrong with kids these days? I asked her "how are you going to feel if Kristen drops off your gift and you don't have one for her"?

Sunny** Sounds like you are working hard these days! Woo Hoo! Noth'in better then DOMS!

Marcia** Merry Christmas! Work your students hard! hehe

Judy** I love Christmas eve but its so hard to get out and visit b/c chances are the people you want to visit are working or visiting someone else. We are hoping to get out tonight and drop off a few gifts we have. I may not want to go anywhere once i get home though:)

Wendy** I am staying home for christmas, we haven't packed up and went to my parents in a while. My parents are comming in christmas day though. They have been here the last couple of yrs but this yr she is staying home with her other grandkids. I didn't get home last yr. Its a hours drive and my mom was afraid I was going to go into labour! haha

Carole** You snuck in on me! I love that song to. And you welcome:)

1)Have yourself a Merry Christmas,Where are you Christmas? (faith hill)Jingle Bells (I love them all)
2)Obviuosly a new TM. But I also told DH I would like to have a diamond necklace that I could wear all the time. I don't think he will get it though b/c it was only last week I mentioned it.
3) what was #3?
ILL BBL!!

Lori:) :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

http://www.heathersanimations.com/xmas/anixmas.gif

I’m so happy that Christmas Eve is FINALLY here! We’re having some friends over tonight for dinner, and then tomorrow is the big day! HO HO HO!!! For those of you with young kids – don’t forget you can track Santa through the NORAD website - http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.htm. It’s really cute and you can even learn a little geography with your kids. At this moment, Santa is in Lhasa, China and I can click on the link to learn more about Lhasa, China. :+ Okay, I’m a sap, what can I say!

I was hoping to get in another run today, but the achilles is a little sore, so I might end up doing something else. We’ll see. I really want to do 3 miles followed by Yoga for Flexibility. I ended up with DOMS from S&H Legs yesterday afternoon. It snuck up and slapped me on the butt, quite literally! That workout gets me every time because I can really concentrate on getting down low.

Lori – Your post is with all of those socks that get lost in the dryer? :p Sorry you have to work! I’m with you – tomorrow I’m planning a rest day. Enjoy your day! I HATED the middle school years with my DD’s. It was like an alien suddenly possessed them and they had no control over their emotions or their behavior. I think you handled it well, honestly.

Cathy – Thank you for the idea of my friend’s son! I’m going to run to Target and hope I can find Blokus – it looks fun! I’m another super excited Cheetah! Enjoy your quiet zen Christmas – I don’t think I could do that lol. I’ll bet you’re stoked to go skiing. Okay here are the answers to your questions:

1. Oh Holy Night, I’ll be home for Christmas, and Santa Baby…
2. A Movado Watch
3. We always have Cinnamon Bums with cocoa Christmas Morning.

Sunny – That’s my favorite part – watching the kids open their gifts. I have so much fun shopping for them. Enjoy your run and Bi’s and Tri’s with Sis and DH – sounds like fun!

Judy – A wine cellar? Oh, my DH would LOVE one – unfortunately we do not have a basement so it would be tough. I love HSTA – y’all are making me really want a BOSU. Did you do the leg presses on it as well? I get too excited for Christmas to be zen. But I love it – so that’s good.

Marcia – Merry Christmas to you too! Have fun teaching class!

Wendy – Oooh – a Coach Bangle Bracelet – how nice! I’m a big kid, too, this time of year. I love Christmas. Enjoy it!

Carole – Oh, the Green Bay Game! What the heck happened? DH was almost sick! He’s also a Green Bay fan. Sapp is a piece of work, that’s for sure! Yeah, I live in a No-Scrapple zone – even though my dear dad LOVES scrapple. *shudders* Enjoy your Christmas!

Time to feed the doggies! Busy day today – I have to run to Target (oh joy!), and the grocery store, then it’s back home for cooking. How fun! Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!

http://www.jhepple.com/images/Animations/Christmas/santareindeer2.gif

i just got back from an early morning shopping trip to wal mart and really need to go workout. i DID buy my 25# dumbells while i was there!!! i know i never got back for personals yesterday. i went to lunch, we had a few beers, then went shopping. i was exhausted when i got home.

anyway, i'll be back later for personals but i did want to post somoe photos.

cheetah mantle:
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL466/9086836/17487935/294594482.jpg
lunch yesterday with me, teresa, jodi, and jen:
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL466/9086836/17487935/294595334.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL466/9086836/17487935/294595333.jpg

today's workout will probably be step or kick box. i am planning on a nice run tomorrow.

i will be back later! i am planning on making peppermint bark and chocolate toffe bark today. yum!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Sorry, I didn't get to post yesterday. Too much going on. Both sisters made it home and spent time with them. I'm working a half day today. So, I'm trying to get everything caught up. Forgive me for skimming posts.

Cathy - Think you may one day give dear ol' Maya a run for her money. Always love reading your post. Did you get the last minute shopping finished. May run out after work if it's not too bad.

Sunny - Glad you're enjoying your gym time with your sis. Always fun to have sis visit. My sisters and I usually hit the malls the day after Christmas to see what bargains we can find.

Wendy - Glad you found another "free" light show. Hate paying my money for duds.

Judy - Happy Anniversary to you and DH.

Christine - How nice of your DD friends to throw her a birthday party. Fun! Fun!

Carole - Glad you were able to get a run in with no pain.

Marcia - Good luck with your new endeavor.

Lori - Good workout today.

Lorie - Love the pic of you and your ATL friends. Glad you're getting some 25# DB for Christmas even if you did have to buy them yourself.

Hello to all others.

I did HIS this morning as produced. No time for any extra.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve.

Jackie

Merry Christmas Eve to all the fabulous cheetahs! I was quite proud of myself yesterday. Got all the last minute food and gift shopping done before noon and found everything I was looking for :7 :eek: I changed my workout plan yesterday and did 4DS legs instead of PLB
and Mindy's interval express. Also got in 40 min. on the EXT.
Well.... going into work tonight:) for the usual 12 and will get off at0700 Christmas morning. Hopefully it will be a quiet and non eventful night. I got all my wrapping done yesterday too so I'm set!

Lori- I'll be doing a pretty similar workout today with a run and circuit work. Great job! Hope you have a fantastic Christmas Eve and day!

Cathy- Joining you as another non super excited cheetah. Actually I very rarely get excited about it. Probably because I always work and that tends to temper things quite a bit! For your Christmas questions.... #1- O Holy night definitely. I actually love pretty much all of them! #2. A new bedroom set!!! - aint happening!:(
(and you thought I'd say some kind of fitness toy!)#3. family tradition- sitting around the holiday feast table afterwards making music with the wine goblets (yes, we are strange) I love your workout plan for the week.... especially the skiing workouts... FUN!

Sunny- Having another fun }( }( day at the gym with your sis I see!!! Merry Christmas!

Judy- Already making good use of your Bday present I see! Sounds like you have a wonderful family holiday plan lined up!

Marcia- you will make a wonderful personal trainer!!!! Your dedication and cheerful attitude will be a magnet for your future clients! I guess your step class participants want to get in a good sweaty cardio workout before tomorrow.

Wendy- Re: your question to me yesterday... I usually have my two kitties laying on top of me or on my left and two dogs on the other side with their heads on me. We have one other dog but she is too arthritic to get on the bed. It's crowded enough! Obviously I spoil my pets rotten!! Going to try to fit in any workout today and tomorrow?

Carole- I have been so privileged to have met you TWICE this year!
God bless you for being the truly special person you are!!!
(Aw gee whiz) Great Christmas eve workout for you!

Christine- I absolutely LOVE your enthusiasm ... just wish I could feel it myself.... oh well! I still enjoy hearing others who do.
Have a great run and yoga session.

Lorie- Thank you so much for sharing those great pics!! Love the cheetah mantle! How nice that you live within travelling distance of other Catheites and can do these GTGs!!!

I think that about catches me up for today. I'll be doing a 4 mile run today and then 4DS BC upperbody circuit.

ShellyC

Jackie!!! Posting together and I definitely don't want to miss wishing you a very merry Christmas eve!!!!!!! Hope you can relax some later!!

ShellyC

Quick pop in to tell Cathy that I got Blokus! Thanks so much for the suggestion - it looks PERFECT! I can definitely see him and his dad playing it a lot.

Hi Lorie - Nice photos!!! Sounds like you had a great time! Love the Cheetah Mantle!

Jackie - How nice to spend time with your sisters!

Shelly - I'm just an oversized kid. Great job with your shopping and wrapping! I have to hit the grocery store today, and I'm done. You're a gem for working tonight.

Jimmy says Merry Christmas to All! Santa relies heavily on Aussies to help him load and unload presents! :+

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/17901114/294606266.jpg

Lori – Great job on your workout yesterday and today! Great job on adding in that other mile!

Cathy – I know what you mean about not being super excited about Christmas. I think, for me, it is because my dad was sooo ill during Christmas for several years, before he died January before last. He really loved Christmas and he always made it so special for all of us! I hope to be able to cheer up and enjoy it for my grandchildren, though.

Let’s see….

Favorite Christmas songs:

Silent Night
Oh Holy Night
Little Drummer Boy

If Santa spoiled me….it would be with hmmm….a personal trainer to come to the house and “train” me! 

My family traditions have all but disappeared for some strange reason  We used to have a big Christmas Eve Party and everyone would open their presents, but that no longer happens because everyone has gone their merry way and it is too hard to get everyone together.

Sunny – Enjoy your itread and weights!
The 12% incline is an absolute killer for me! Sometimes I cheat and only go to 10 and even that “kills” me!

Judy – I LOVE the sound of HSTA on the Bosu! I must try that! Oh my! LOL about the caffeine kicking in! It sure makes a difference, doesn’t it?

Marsha – I love TJ, as well! I haven’t done it forever! I love to still use AbJam,even with my other cardio! All of the CP’s really work the core, too don’t they? Love that!

Wendy – Oooo! I would love to see your Coach bracelet! My youngest daughter and I have a tradition of everytime we go to Vegas together, we visit the Coach store to buy Coach purses! She would flip if she saw a Coach bracelet!

Carole – Yuck! What is Scrapple, exactly? Is it something like sausage with everything thrown in? Enjoy your KB cardio, EXT, S&G and abs! Whew! That sounds great!

Christine – Can I go to Target with you? ;) I love going to Target, but where ours is located there is sooo much traffic…so I usually don’t go. Grrr! I love your enthusiasm for the holiday! I wish my little granddaughter was here and I would track Santa on the ‘puter with her! She would love that! I really like S&H Legs, too! Enjoy your day!

Lorie – Great pictures!! Yummy! The Peppermint bark and toffee bars sound yummy! Hey! I see the card I sent you up there on your mantle! :>)

Jackie – I know what you mean about not being able to post! Glad you got to spend some time with your sisters! Don’t work too hard! Good job on HIS!

Shelley – Oh dear! Sorry you have to work 12 hours on Christmas Eve. Hope you have a good night! That was an awesome workout you did there yesterday! You got a lot accomplished with your shopping and wrapping, too!

Let’s see….I haven’t been able to post the past couple of days. Too much RL happening.

Saturday I ran 7 miles and did PLB floorwork and the 2nd half of Tracey’s core and strength workout.

Yesterday was a 5 mile run, SloMo Legs and the first Core section from Amy’s Abs and Stretch tape.

Today was SloMo CB&T (2 sets ), ASCII and the floorwork from Tracey’s Scupltfest.

I hope everyone is doing wonderful and has a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

Are we going to just check in randomly tomorrow and post our Christmas presents or are we “meeting” at a certain time?

Hi to anyone I may have missed!

Linda

Christine - Tell Jimmy that Madison and I said Merry Christmas! I love the Santa and puppies on your post!!!

okay, i'm done with my workout. i did the 90 minute step and hi/lo premix from SJP/SB. it was a nice sweatfest.

lori-sorry your post is flying around in cyberspace! i hate when that happens. i am hoping you have a quiet day at work.

cathy-i am sooooo with you on enjoying a mellow, quiet christmas. my best guy friend is going to come over and we are going to hang out-not really celebrate, just hang out. i am also planning on a run. i go on a nice, long, quiet run every christmas. it's my peaceful time to myself. of course, i will be opening my cheetah gift tomorrow morning. ;)

sunny-two trips to the gym? you're a trooper!!! have fun with your iTread...you know i'm addicted!

judy-so how was it doing hsta on the bosu? do you use it like a step ball side up? i really, really need to get one. i've been dropping some hints, so maybe santa will surprise me.

marcia-i am not at all surprised that people want to work out today. they are probably thinking about all that food they will be indulging in tomorrow!

wendy-merry christmas eve! hope the little one has stopped yelling.

carole-merry christmas eve to you, too! looks like you have a tough workout today! have fun!!!

christine-that website sounds really cool. i think i'll send it to some of my friends that have kids. LOVE the picture ofthe aussies helping santa. they are such wonderful dogs. i LOVE my aussie mix!

jackie-yes, i bought myself quite a few christmas gifts but the dumbells are probably my favorite. the GTG was a lot of fun. it's nice to have catheites in the atlanta area.

shelly-WOW! i can't believe you got everything you needed to get done BEFORE noon!!! you are one speedy cheetah! my chetah mantle makes me very happy. i love it. the GTG was great. such great women.

linda-of course your card with your beautiful family is up there. i love it. the peppermint bark is really easy and the chocolate toffe thing is the recipe with saltines, butter, sugar, and chocolate. that's about it. it's really easy. not clean but very yummy!

anyway, i just wanted to take a second to tell you all how much this thread means to me and how much you all have helped me with all my "issues" lately. you welcomed me so warmly into this group and i am so grateful. i have really enojoyed getting to know each and every one of you and look forward to many more cheetah mantles in my future.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_92v.gif

oh! i almost forgot...go to catherine's "furry friends" thread. i posted pictures of the dogs' tree.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_14.gif
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_15_61.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.