Sunday: early morning risers, well, not so early today

good morning, everyone!

It's Sunday and where is everyone? Sleeping in again? I know I did! :)

This morning, I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Xtreme. I haven't done it in a long time and really enjoyed it. Tomorrow's an off day.

Deanie: those pancakes sound delicious - can you share the recipe?

Deb: I, too, ordered the Clean Eating Magazine. I downloaded the sample 7 day menu and so far, I like it. I went to GNC on Friday to get some protein powder. They had a special on their own brand, buy one get one 1/2 off. So, I bought the chocolate and what I thought was vanilla. When I put a scoop into my steel cut oats the other tmorning, I thought I was going to gag! It was unflavored protein and boy, was it disgusting! Tasted just like spoiled milk. So, I added some vanilla extract, a little brown sugar & cinnamon with strawberries and it was edible.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

BTW, I'm considering purchasing Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2. Has anyone done this yet?

Good morning. This morning I did a 20 min itread and a full body weight workout at the gym. It was a good workout, but I kind of rushed a little because I have a ton to do today. I am going away on a business trip to Big Sky, MT. Some co-workers and I are driving tomorrow morning from Denver. It is an 11 hour drive, but with stopping and maybe weather it should be about 12-13 hours. BLAH! I will have internet access at the conference so I will probably check in on Tues-Fri. I won't be working out early there because the conference is structured so that there is an early session of talks and then you have from 11 - 5 off. So, I will be working out then. I don't downhill ski, but I want to snowshoe and possible cross country ski. They also have a gym and a pool. I have been wanting to incorporate the pool into my workout regime, but have been too chicken to try it. Maybe this will get me going.

Terri - Glad that you liked Amy's KBX. I heard that it is good. I had her ASC 1 workout and I liked that one a lot, but I don't know if that is any indication of ASC 2. OMG, that is so gross about the protein powder. It has taken me many brands and tries to find one that I like. I tried it in my oatmeal once and stirred it in before warming, oops! I tried it and gagged and threw it away. I was wondering what everyone was raving about with protein powder in oatmeal, but then I asked and was told to stir it in after. Wow, what a difference that makes. I use that BSN lean dessert cinnamon roll in my oatmeal. It's good.

Deanie - I would love to have the pancake recipe too if you get a chance.

Deb (and Terri) - I subscribed to the Clean Eating magazine on a whim and I am pleasantly surprised. Lots of ideas, which is what I need. I like variety in my foods and can't eat the same thing all the time. Have you guys tried anything out of the magazine yet? I have just drooled over the pictures :).

Good afternoon early Risers!

I did get up early today ( 5:40) and did 4DS Legs only. I had to go to our dog club and do Canine Good Citizen testing. I love doing this stuff! Anyway I am back now and get to do stuff around the house before the week starts.

I too am drooling over some of the pictures in the Clean Eating magazine.

Terri:
How did you download the recipe? I also went to GNC yesterday and got 2 6 lb cans of their brand of protein powder. They were out of vanilla so I ended up with 2 chocolate. I didn't even know they had an unflavored. sounds awful!

Karin:
That trip sounds exhausting! if it is for business why are you not flying?

BBl for more..

Deb:)

RE: Sunday: early morning risers, well, not so early to...

Good Afternoon all~

This was the first opportunity I had to get on the computer today: errands, hebrew school, kids! I actually slept in today:) Its my day off!

Here is the pancake recipe:
I double it and freeze the extra for during the week:

High Fiber-Low Fat Pancakes

1 c. low fat buttermilk
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
2/3 c. wheat bran
1/4 c. egg substitute (or egg whites)
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 packets Splenda
3/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt

Combine the buttermilk, oats and bran in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 min. Add the egg and beat until blended. In a small bowl, mix whole wheat flour, Splenda, baking soda and salt until blended. Add to the bran mixture and blend. Prepare a hot skillet or griddle with nonstick spray. Pour in 1/4 c. batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn and cook about 1-2 min. more.
Serves: 4 (2 pancakes each)
Calories: 107 Fat: 1gm. Fiber: 6 gms. WW pts.:1

I usually top with PB or spray butter.

Enjoy!!

Karen~ Enjoy your business trip! I used to swim in the summers as a workout, before kids, I loved it! No stress on your joints and I always felt energised when I was done.

Deb~ 4DS is one of my favorite leg workouts: short and to the point. I really don't like working my legs for a full hour!

Mnglamourgirl: Glad you enjoyed your workout today! I don't have any Amy Bento workouts. I've heard she's good. I also put protein powder in my steel cut oats. I go to Roots and get their soy protein powder, vanilla flavor.

have a great day all!
Deanie

That trip sounds exhausting! if it is for business why are you not flying?

Don't even get me started about why we aren't flying, LOL. I work in a research lab at a university and my boss writes grants to fund his research and pay his employees. Needless to say, the money is not abundant. It would cost us $500 per person to fly into Bozeman, MT and there are five of us. So, it's cheaper and that's what we are doing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.