Sunday in the :::CHEETAH::: den!

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahs!

Just getting us started this morning...seems like I tend to be the first one here on Sundays. I caught up with personals last night so this will be short and sweet.

I've come up with a new plan for the month of March as it doesn't look like I'll be able to do *any* kind of cardio (wish I had a pool, that would be an idea) for awhile. I'm going to try a weight work only rotation + super clean diet and see if I can get the "moo" off by Easter. I'm still playing around with fitting it all in with work, bowling tourney, etc but I think I can get it done. I'm thinking heavy one week, endurance based the next, or should I go two weeks heavy, two light? I'm still trying to figure it out. I do know that I will be spending a lot of time with 4DS because there are going to be quite a few mornings that just won't allow an hour long workout.

Christine - Awwwwwwwwwww, that pic is way too cute!!!!! Nice hike/run yesterday....sounded like fun! Believe me it's more snow than I would *like* to see, although the shorter snow days at work have been much appreciated.

Ack, gotta get to work. I'm already a little late as it is. See ya tonight!

Good morning all! Hope everyone will have a terrific stress free Sunday today. Work hasn't been too bad tonight:) I'm actually feeling pretty much like my old self again:) :)

Wendi- Glad to hear that your foot isn't bothering you too bad. Personally, for weight work I like alternating weeks of endurance and strength. I would definitely try to get in a good day of Yoga/Pilates/Stretching each week also. Do you have access to a stationary cycle, especially a recumbent bike? It would provide a nice non-impact cardio workout. Hope your work days goes smoothly for ya. And FOR YOU.... I will take a rest day today :)

Thomasina- Sounds like you had a nice B-day!! Sorry you had to deal with a head cold though and I hope it's better today.

Christine- Wow, you got ALOT done yesterday!!! I hope today will be a lot more relaxing. I was showing your pic you posted yesterday
(happiness is a warm puppy) around the unit and got alot of AHHHs!!

I think that catches me up from yesterday. As I told Wendi I am
resting today!

ShellyC

Morning Cheetah Peeps!:D

The jewelry party went much better then I expected. It wasn't big (not alot of people) but pretty much everyone bought. Oh, btw, I'm not the one who sells it, I just agreed to host a party so I could earn free/discounted jewelry!}( I have $111.00 to spend in "free stuff" and then I can get a bunch of discounts as well. It took a long time but I think I have what I want pretty narrowed down. :7

As predicted I was eating cr@p all afternoon along with 3 Smirnoff Twists! I was feelin' good and didn't even feel TOO guilty for the bad eating. :p I didn't eat lunch or dinner either so I probably didn't eat TOO MUCH...just THE WRONG STUFF!:9

Oh, I got a text from Cathy yesterday afternoon. She's having a blast, as expected! She said it started snowing like heck so they closed the trails temporarily and she was "stuck" in a bar and NOT complaining!}( Gotta love her! We are going to plan a trip up there next season for sure even if I spend the entire time skiing in the lesson area! LOL

Christine: Loved the dog/kitty pic! That site is really cute! I hope your Luckys make it through the dryer and fit well for you! I always dry mine and never have had a shrinkage problem at all.

Shelly: You are such a sweetie! Thanks!:) So did you get to try the TJ toning work out? What did you think?

Posh: Sorry about the cold. I am finally feeling good after being some kind of sick on and off for WEEKS! I hope you feel better soon! YAY on getting your vehicle back!:) Thanks re the avitar. I think I'm going to change the pic though. For some reason I'm not comfortable with it. I want a fitness pic though so perhaps I should have DH take a pic of me curling a heavy DB instead.

Lorie: ITA on explaining our "online life" to others. LOL Great run!

Wendi: Hope you have an easy day at work today. Thanks re my avitar. I think I'm going to change the pic to something else though. I feel funny having such a "naked" pic of me up there. It's funny too cause I have the same kind of pics posted over at MDB (beachbody) but don't feel funny at all because they are just like the pics that tons of others have posted. It's different here though so I need to put on a longer top and take a new pic. ;)

I guess that about catches me up for now!

BBIAB! :)

Good Morning Ladies:)

Im so sore from my past few workouts. Fri was GS legs and ...geez...what did I do? Oh, LM with a 8 lbs med ball. Then yesterdays workout was PUB going heavy, and a 10 mile run. My legs didn't feel to bad when I was running at all. I have to work today so I got up early and did HC Extreme #3 and some abs. Thats it for the day and I have no clue what I will be doing tomorrow. Im suppose to be doing UB and cardio but Im not sure if my UB will be ready for it! LOL

Wendi** I hear ya on the clean eating! I didn't think I was eating to much but when I have a really good day, I realize then, how much I pick and poke in my pie hole! Lets try to do this together..lets see what the month of Mar can bring us!

Shelly** Glad to hear you are having an o.k night at work! Hope you get some good shut eye when you get home!

Wendy** You snuck in on me! Sounds like you had a mighty good afternoon! Throwing those parties can be such a pain b/c you feel as if no one really wants to come, and the majority of the stuff is really expensive. But it is all worth it when you get free stuff! LOL Ihad a partylite party for my sister and received about $500 worth of free stuff!

Hope everyone as a good day!

I will BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning wonderful ladies,

wendi- i am sure you will be fine with your new plan. just remember to keep your workouts intense and do supersets. that way you will keep your heartrate up and your body won't know the difference. have you checked out www.ttmembers.com?

shelly- you are in deed a real trooper. enjoy your rest day!

christine- i was in dicks sporting goods yesterday and picked up my 35lb KB. boy are those suckers expensive!

wendy- good job on the results from da' X! how was your jewelry party?

lorie- when i refer to the cathe forums i just say my friends that live in another state. most people just do not get it and i don't have the energy to keep trying to explain it to them.

posh- haha, no real enabling on the wii. however after my night out with the ladies last night i came home and we had a wii bowling tournament. mil got so into it. we had alot of fun!

i have some nice DOMS in my hamstrings from yesterday's KB workout. i am enjoying kb's so much i in contemplating canceling my STS pre-order :)o ..egads) i am just not sure i could go back to the overly repetative isolation moves. i really hope these new workouts aren't like that.

well today is my rest day i am going to do a short segment of yoga from the flexible warrior 3.0.

later on today i have to go for my cpr re-cert.

ETA: wendy- you snuck in on me. glad your party went well last night! sounds like a great idea for a pic. oh btw- i am contemplating another tat...lol something fitness related...not sure yet.

lori- you also snuck in on me. great work and good job with the run!

Lastly- NOTE MY NAME CHANGE:7 :+

Good monring cheetahs!

Posh - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Wendy - I love your new avatar pic. You are in awesome shape. I hope to one day be that fit.

Now onto my race report. The day began at a chilly 33 degrees. However it was very sunny and beautiful. The course was flat and fast. I didn't beat my 5K PR time of 28:34, but I am more than 20 pounds heavier than I was then. My official race time was 29:26. I'm pleased I ran the course under 30 minutes. The main thing I learned from this race is that I need to run more outdoors. I did do a no-no the day before the race. My DB talked me into going to the gym with him. While I was there I worked my UB very hard. As a result my shoulder was bothering me during the race. I won't be doing that again.

Thanks everyone for your support and running vibes. You all are awesome.

Well, I need to get the kids ready for church. Have a great day!

Good morning cheetahs

For DALLAS http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/vHggEcDjvyDvwon.gif[/img] Hope you have an awesome day!!

Wendi...maybe 3 weeks heavy and one week endurance?...there are so many ways to do it....:)..I do like 4DS weights as they pack a good punch for 30 mins.

Christine...I am so glad the Quorn worked for you!! I think is is the best chicken sub out there myself. Sounds like a yummy recipe! You had a busy day yesterday, glad you and Jimmy had a good 8 miler. I have never been a dress wearer since I was young...a tomboy perhaps??...:D..very cute pic yesterday...thanks for sharing!

Shelly...I was tired yesterday too and ended up taking a rest day. I will try for about 7 miles today. Enjoy your rest day.

Wendy..thanks for the Cathy update! I am happy she is having fun. So what kind of jewelry is it you sell?

Lori...you got in some tough workouts.

Kristi...that is a great time for a 5K!!! Congrats!!!

Sunny..your new name does fit you!! Enjoy your rest and yoga today.

Posh...you are not supposed to be sick on your B-Day!! Glad you got your Yukon back...thanks for the Nike info, I will register tues and hope our group makes it!! Hope you are feeling better today.

Lorie...good job on the pain free run! I also love the Beatles, especially their older stuff...:)

So I had a rest day yesterday. Today will be a 7 mile run with a friend. Our weather has been very nice so the run will be comfortable...

Have a great day...:)

Hi !

MIA Cheetah here.

[font color=red]Thomassina & Dallas HAPPY BIRTHDAY![/font]

Shelly- So you are taking a rest day? Are you feeling better now?

Kristi- Way to go on your race yesterday :) You are smart not to worry about not doing a PR. There are more important things in life. But, kudos to you for running when you were doubtful.

Sunny- I like your new signature.

Wendy- I saw your great picture and now I see you have changed it. Glad your party went well. We had DS's hockey team and families over on Friday night, and we have so much food here now. I hate to waste it... but it is not all great choices either. However, if the kids do not finish the cheese cake today it is going down the garbage disposal.

Carole- Have a great 7 miler today. I missed mine yesterday, but will run today.

I apologize for not doing may personals, I'll just go from this point forward. So today is a run that was supposed to happen yesterday. Y'day I was out of sorts ( partly from poor food choices, part crud) and had major clean up here after DS' team party (families included) Today is a new day :) and I'm making better choices. And how about the Cheetahs? you too?

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

wendi-i like your march training idea. i am curious to see your results. so many people talk about long cardio sessions being bad and some even say you can do heavy enough weights to get your HR where it needs to be. i can't kick my cardio addiction. it just makes me feel so good!

shelly-so glad to hear you are feeling better and work was not crazy. enjoy your rest day!!!

wendy-that's the exact reason i didn't go with cathy when she went over christmas! i have never skiied and would proabably spend my whole time on the bunny slopes!!! no biggie on the crap eating. it's no fun being so restrictive all the time. i start to feel deprived!

lori-i am seriously thinking about LM with an 8 lb weight today. i read people talking about it on the forum and i think it would be a good challenge. we'll see...

kristi-you ran and you finished. that's what counts. and that you had fun! you go, girl!

sunny-"friends that live in another state." that's a good one to use! btw, LOVE your name!!!

carole-no pain today so i guess i am on the right track! yay! yeah, the beatles are probably my favorite group of all time. they are just so consistently good and i don't think there will ever be another group like them. enjoy your run. it's going to be SEVENTY degreees today. i would love to run outside but since i did that long run yesterday, i'm not sure that's the smartest thing to do.

so, i haven't decided upon a workout today. i hurt my shoulder on friday. i was trying to do db flies ith 25's and they were too heavy and i dropped them. when i dropped the right one, my shoulder went back in a funny way. i need to get some platemates!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Well DH is in India, I’ll know more soon. Today I’m planning on doing a kettlebell workout with my new kettlebells. Not sure which one, though. We’ll see. We have ducks in our pool right now – it’s cute.

Dallas! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/birthday9.gif

Wendi – Sorry your foot in not happy! Sounds like a good plan though. Play around to see what works for you! If you have S&H, a rotation of 4DS and S&H might work because those workouts are 30 minutes as well. Have fun at work. Well, as much fun as possible.

Shelly – Glad work was quieter last night! And I’m really happy for you that you’re feeling like your old self. I hate when I get the grumpies, and it’s much more in my nature than yours! I love the Happiness is a warm puppy pic. Glad your unit did, too.

Wendy – love the new pic of Joey! Glad everyone bought at the Jewelry party! Nice to have some money to spend yourself on jewelry! Thanks for the Cathy update! She’s missed, but I’m glad she’s having fun! My sister never dries her Lucky’s but she was told to go smaller as they stretch. I don’t like skin tight jeans. Maybe that’s the difference. But these were the exact opposite of skin tight – it was almost embarrassing. Glad you like that photo.

Lori – killer workouts as usual! Have fun at work!

Kristi – Glad you had a great run! Especially in the cold! 20 pounds does make a difference, I know! Sorry your shoulder was bothering you, but you won’t do that again, so you’ll be fine. Are you excited for your races?

Sunny – LOVE your new name! Those suckers ARE expensive aren’t they? I paid $39.99 EACH for my 26 pounders. I did look at the 35 pounder, but I think I’ll wait until next paycheck for that one. But I just feel sooo good. They are certainly addictive.

Carole – thanks for the head’s up on Dallas’s birthday! I do like the Quorn products. I was leery of a lot of the soy products because of my thyroid and the link (however tentative – even my doctor admits no one has studied food and thyroid issues) between thyroid issues and soy consumption. Enjoy your run!

Judy – Enjoy your run! It’s tough getting caught up here, we all understand! Glad you’re feeling better!

Lorie – I’m a cardio addict, too. I disagree that weight work alone can keep your heart healthy. I think they’ll find that cardio is required as well. I think it’s a mix. Although, you CAN get your HR up there with kettlebells, but that’s only because of the way the bells are used. If you want to do Low Max and add on leg work, I can send you a workout. It’s a goody – guaranteed to fry your legs. Oh sorry about your shoulder! That sucks! Hope you’re feeling better!

Quick update on DH's mom. She's in a "holding pattern". The doctor's have done all they can, and now it's up to nature to take it's course. But that could be tomorrow or six months from now. So we're basically where we were before. DH is going to spend a few days there. He'll let me know what needs to be done.

Christine- I'm sending prayers for your MIL and all of the family.
BTW IA that a combination of weights and cardio are needed as much mentally as for physical gains. Enjoy those KB today. :)

Lorie- Ouch on your shoulder. How is it today? Did I read that you are going to do some strength trainning with the football coaches at school ? fun!

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to wish Dallas a Happy Birthday.

Lorie - Do you have an updated birthday list? The list I have is old.

Christine - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. My prayers are with her and your family.

Well, I need to get back to doing laundry and my other domesticated duties. Have a great day ladies!

Judy..I had an out of sorts day yesterday also...glad to have company...;)..and yes, today was a new day!! Have a good run too.

Lorie...so what is your fav Beatle song? I think one of mine is "Gotta Get You Into My Life" for some reason that one always makes me smile...:D..Wow, sorry about the dumbell drop...hope the shoulder is not too bad. I am using 22.5's for the flies to gradually get up to 25! Maybe in the Nike half we can run outside together...

Christine..ducks in your pool??? Can't that get messy?...:D..As far as the soy goes. I don't think the other meat subs using soy are really good for you anyway. I remember trying one at a church function once...OMG..YUK!!!!! I am sure I offended the girl that brought it, they seem to have a nasty aftertaste, but Quorn is a great non-soy alternative. My prayers for your MIL...I am glad your DH can spend some time with her...

I had a good 7 mile run without much hip pain...it was nice running with my friend. I need to do some yard work but it is still windy outside...I need to try anyway!

Carole- The yard work never ends does it? Ok, My 7 miler was good, but slower than usual. But ya know what? it didn't need to be fast anyway.

Christine- We used to have ducks visit our pool every spring to mate. Then we started throwing ice cubes near them to scare them away and they stayed away. They can really ruin clean water....

It will be interesting to see how the idol contestants do with the Beatles songs.

Ok, my run (7 miles) is done. I am waiting for DS20, who is home on spring break, to shower so we can visit the grandparents for a bit this afternoon.

TTFN

Hello Friends…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALLAS!!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z27/glitterfy_com-1/graphics/143/happy_birthday_cake.gif

And congrats to Kristi on your 5K! Very good job!

Well gals, you’ll never guess where I ended up yesterday afternoon……standing on the side of the freeway AGAIN waiting for a tow truck. Yes, that’s right, the Yukon is NOT fixed. I was on my way to the pedicure appointment and suddenly BOOM and a terrible noise….grrrrr. My Yukon was again towed away to the dealer. We were told a NEW rear end would be installed and after the car was up on the flatbed tow truck, we all observed (even the tow driver) that definitely a new rear end was not installed. I’m tired of being lied to. As you can imagine I am just beside myself upset and I don’t feel very good either (the head cold moving into a cough). My DH said he is going to bypass the snarky service advisor Monday morning and go straight to the manager on this. Also, we are going to look up some info on the Better Business Bureau and the Bureau of Automotive Repair. What a nightmare….

I’m not feeling very good today so I’m just going to go lie down for a while. I’ll get to some more personals later on… Hope you all are enjoying the day.

Thomasina (sad cheetah)...

Good Afternoon Cheetahs. :)

I finished my work out a few minutes ago. I was sorely lacking in the motivation department today. In order to convince myself to do it, I had to FIRST eat too many left over cookies from y'day's party and THEN I had to pop in TJ 20 min work out for it's fun factor and to burn off some of that sugar! After that I was able to jump into TB+ with a MUCH better attitude. Nevertheless, I am glad the work out is behind me....

I haven't done a darned thing (besides my work out) that could be considered the least bit constructive today! All I've done is eat, sleep and be a generally lazy slug. ACK! I guess I'm just in one of those moods. TTOM *IS* approaching so perhaps this is the beginning of PMS for me. OH JOY!...NOT!:p

Well, I guess I'll get my arse in the shower and perhaps then FORCE myself to some house work or something...

BBL for personals!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.