STS Pyramid Week of 9/19

DixieGirl

Cathlete
How's everyone doing this week? Hope your STS workouts are going well. I'm on active recovery...did an endurance weights w/o this morning w/ 5 lb dumbbells :)

Tracy

Hey Tracy you lucky gal...

I am on m2w2 workouts..I have donechest 2x, legs 2x and by tomorrow i will have done my back 2x (im doing 6x a week) loving meso 2!

I am pretty sure that for meso 3 i will go to once a week each disk (has anyone done it 2x and with what results) I am not sure i would be able to super heavy lift if i do it 2 x...any thoughts anyone??

Looking forward to the pyramid down...again not sure if i will keep up the 6x since hopefully by then we will have our new low impact discs that i will want to rotate in..

I am not loising any weight (and my clothes have no change) but i am feeling pretty fierce in the upper body:mad: (not mad but my fierce face)

I wish i could just watch what i eat already:eek: i would love to see crazy definition in my delts!

Well thats about it for me..
bbl
steph

Hey ladies!!

I'm glad you got this started this week!!

Tracy - Way to go on that endurance weights workout! I haven't thought about just doing it with lighter weights on rest week...interesting!

Steph - I would think M3 would be difficult 2x per week so I will be interested to see how it goes for you. I just recently started calorie counting...just to kind of see where I was and what i need to start seeing some definition and it has totally helped! I'm not sure but I think I'm starting to see some abs!! :D I already eat pretty darn clean but I can seriously put away some food! :eek: Anyway, once I get a good feel for meals/cals I am not going to count. Makes me a little nutty!

I just finished M3, week 2 today. I am using the squat rack dvds and I know the next workout is going to be a struggle getting the weight I need over my head...don't own a squat rack :(. Will just have to do what I can do to keep it safe. Maybe next time around I will buy a one month membership at a gym to get me thru that meso...hmmm...Anyway, did plyo legs this a.m. and felt great! I can see using heavier weights this time around thru STS has made a big difference. Plyo used to be sooo hard. ok, it still is hard but not as hard! :D

Have a great day!!

Natalie

Hey girls..
Finished my last back from m2w2...love working my back..I did some of those negative chin-ups and really felt the muscles working:D
Natalie: totally hear you on the food...i also eat pretty clean and healthy...just too much clean and healthy...okay this pm i just had a cup of ice cream...:eek: there goes 450 cal..who the heck can eat half a cup (the serving sz) once you start the cookie dough...you get close to becoming the pilsbury dough boy:eek:

off to do homework with the kiddos!

Hey girls,

Sorry, for being MIA. I am still here:D Yesterday I did Disc 13. Today I finished up STS M2 D14 and 15 plus the extendet stretch. I also walked for 40 min today. I will be doing the 3 Day Cure for the walk in DC starting Friday. I must be nuts walking 60 miles this weekend:confused:

Tracy - I been doing Jillian Michels 30 Day Shred for the last 25 days. I dropped over 7 lb so far. Enjoy your recovery week, girl!

Steph - I love M2 too. Wow, you doing each disc twice:eek: Good for you, girl! I log all my eats into www.myfitnesspal.com and it's free! I see a huge difference since I am logging all my eats.

Natalie - congrats you almost done with M3! I don't have a squat rack either and let me tell you it's getting tough getting the BB up.

Waves Big Hallo to the rest of the girls. I will catch up tomorrow, since I am taking a well deserved rest day:eek:

Hi Girls,

Sounds like y'all are having a successful week w/ the workouts :) I'm on my way to do the light weights w/o again. Just finishing up my brown rice cakes w/ almond butter & sliced banana :p I got some mums planted this morning and had a run in w/ a snake! Yikes!! I think my heart rate got nearly as high as it does when I'm doing the legs w/o :eek:

Steph, I think I'll have to try the STS 6X/week w/o next round. I can imagine the results are great.

Natalie, wow...you'll be starting the pyramid in just two weeks! I'm shocked how fast STS is going by for me.

Belinda, that's awesome you've dropped 7 lbs :D Keep up the good work.

I'm already itching to get back to STS next week. I'm trying to decide if I'll repeat the last week of M2 or do the first week of M3. We are going to Disney World the first week of October so I'm planning to start M3, W1 when we get back.

Have a happy day girls :)

Tracy

Hey girls!!! Is it Friday yet??? Geez!!

So I almost made it thru High Step Challenge over my lunch hour-ish. ;) Ran out of time and didn't want to make it a lunch two-hour. I will finish up with the abs portion after work. My daughter is with her dad for the rest of the week and weekend so I have some alone time for that and for some much needed cleaning. :rolleyes:

Tracy - Snake???? :eek:

Belinda - Great job on the weight loss!! Progress is so motivating isn't it?

Steph - 1/2 cup of ice cream...yeah right! :p

Have a great day girls!!

Goodmorning girls
Feeling wickedly sore this morning from those negative chinups...ouchy:(

I am definately going to go with the 3x week for meso 3. I really want to give it my all and also be able to do cardio..

Originally i was doing hiits etc for cardio, but my body has been wanting to power walk so I have been listening to her and this week I only did low max 2x and power walked the rest of the week for 1hr..not sure as i pyramid down what i am going to do though..it will all depend on the new cds and when they arrive. I am thinking that at least meso 1 will be 6x to bring out any definition:confused: but i really like meso 2...i can't believe i am already starting meso2 week 3 tomorrow!

way to go Belinda...

bbl
steph

Hi Ladies:
Today was Disc 8, Back and Triceps week 3. This Meso is going rather quickly. I bow in sincere admiration for those of you that do Meso 1 6x week. I am not a fan of endurance workouts and I give you props for being able to these workouts twice a week. I must say, now you've got me thinking about attempting the 6x week Meso 1 on the other side of this pyramid- it may be doable for me after the hypertrophy and strength phases.
Belinda: WAY TO GO!!! I am sure you are pumped about the weight loss. Awesome job.
Steph: Wow: Meso 2 at 6x week!!!! I LOVE Meso 2 but always get so sore from the
workouts I can't imagine doing them twice a week. It seems like the muscles
were just recovering with the 6 day break between workouts.
Tracey: Those rice cakes and almond butter sound yummy!! Enjoy your rest week
Natalie: Time is flying- almost to the peak!! I don't have a squat rack but I have a
pullup tower with a Roman Chair (for tricep dips and ab work) so I used the
arms for a rack- not as sturdy but much safer than trying to get a loaded
barbell overhead. This time around I think I will go to the gym for leg day since
I don't have enough weight for squat legs. (yeah- 4 rounds of STS and I am
definitely stronger!!)

Have a great day
Brenda in Indiana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.