STS - Fits chick 2/13

looking good

Cathlete
Well here I am again but this time in the correct forum :eek:! I did Disc 6 yesterday and o boy did I feel my quads!!!! Last week was my glutes but this week my quads.... Will not be able to do my cardio till later today and hopefully my legs are not talking to me as much.

Have a wonderful day
Therese

Good morning
Yesterday was Disc 2 and today I am doing disc 3 I am hoping this week I will be able to get the weights to the floor on the ball squats!!!
Have a great day!!

Tracy

I'm here too!

Legs disc 3 for me. This will mark the end of week 2 in week 1 of meso cycle one. I want to stay in meso 1 for at least 8 weeks until I get rid of my winter fat!

My BodyBugg arrived yesterday. I love this thing! It has so many wonderful features and it's simple to use. The digital display is also a watch so I can view how many steps I'm taking, calories burned to the minute, and what time of day it is synced to my computer!
The online food logger and fitness guide allows me to set the rate of how many pounds I want to lose each week (up to 2) and then tells me how much of a calorie deficit I need to achieve through both exercise and diet.
It also has the feature if I'm wanting to gain lean tissue. :cool:
It's pretty cool. Oh, and my watch says hello to me by name:p

I was supposed to do D6 today but opted to sleep some more. So, I guess I'll be doing it tomorrow. Thanks Therese, I guess I can also look forward to major doms from it!

Tracy, how did you make out with the wall squats?

Cynthia, enjoy your new toy! Will it WO for you too?;)

Cynthia,

How cool! How much is it and where did you get it? I was debating on doing each week twice but I decided I would at least do the first month and then decided. But I am like a kid I want to see what awaits me on the other disc. I think I will end up doing this whole series and then go and complete it again for a second time.

Therese

Phyllis,

You know last week on legs I really felt major doms in my glutes this week I am feeling them in my quads. I wonder if it is because I increased my weights or because it was the 45 degree lunges. Of course I did the bonus as well which really adds to the DOMS.

Therese

Phyliss,

It won't workout for me, but that has never been my problem. I need something that will make me accountable for all the food I stuff in my face. The armband and digital display will be a reminder that I can't stuff my face unless I climb Mt. Everest a few times:p:p:p

Therese,
I paid $300 for the armband and digital display. 24 hour fitness. com has them on sale often for $250. You just have to keep checking for the sale. I've been looking at them for a few years. I bought a cheaper version trying to save money and it was not good. I sent back the cheap one and decided to buy the real deal.
They were made popular by the Biggest Loser show. You can google a lot of reviews too.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Today is Disc 6 and med ball abs. I will tackle them when I get home.
I'm looking at my workout card now and YOWZA!! I am hoping the DOMS won't be nearly as bad as last week - they can't possibly be worse:p;). I promised on the OD that I would do CCPP tomorrow, so hopefully my legs will be on board.

I am sleeeeeeeepy today. I had a good snooze last night, not sure why I am so pooped. I am supposed to go get groceries tonight, so I can sleep in tomorrow morning, but by the time I am finished w/ workout and shower it will be 730 or later and I'm not sure I want to be out schlepping groceries til after 9 tonight. However, the store will be a lot less crowded. I don't like going to the grocery store on Sat morning, unless I manage to get there early.

I'm also trying to figure out whats for lunch that won't break the calorie bank. I didn't have anything to bring from home, and I haven't bought lunch in 2 weeks. The only thing around here is fast food - taco bell, McDs, KFC, a taco place, and Panera. There's a deli downstairs but it is mostly junk, they have a salad bar,but it is sold by wt. Last time I bought a salad it was like $10!!!!

I am off to peruse the rest of Catheland before I need to get to work.

Nan

Happy Friday to everyone!! Today I did disc 6 legs. OMG all those lunges. I have a hard time with these. I can't balance right. Oh I love the end with the band. I really felt the burn. I am really having a hard time with leg endurance. I have the leg strength though.

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was 4DS Kickbox and abs. I wil start week 3 (disc 7) tomorrow. Therese, I feel the same as you -- I can't wait to see what's coming next.

Happy Friday.

Michelle

Hey people! Happy Friday! DH and I finished CK last night and I did it with the weighted gloves for the first time! It was so good. The burn in my lats was awesome! DH was so jealous that he is using a gift card to buy some for him today! :) Tonight is Disc 5 and we look forward to a break from cardio. Have a safe day and fun Valentine's. Our anniversary gift to each other tomorrow will be...MIC. WHOOHOO! Hopefully we won't be to tired to actually CELEBRATE tomorrow! Later chickies!

Hi everyone, cardio today, so I did IMAX2 and spinning for 30 min.

Barbara, I don't think I have much leg endurance either, my quads get soooooooo tired, is that what happens to you?

Nan, the cost of salad bars are crazy! Good luck finding something for lunch! I'm going to have brunch now with my boss, thankfully she's a nutritionist so I always eat well with her! :D

Hey everyone!

I did DISC 6 today: LEGS. It seemed my lower body remembered the DOMS from last week with the first exercises! :eek: It was a good one, though, different from last week. New exercises (and some "old" exercises too ..aka step ups w/ the band!). I'm in love with the bonus band work at the end!! FELT that big time!!!

Hmmmmmm...wondering where I will feel it tomorrow...

Cynthia: that body bugg sounds soooo freakin cool!!!! I'm jealous!!

I did disc 5 Back & Biceps yesterday. This morning I did disc 6 Legs. I did disc 6 on Tuesday, too. I like to do legs two times a week.

So, this finishes up my second week of STS! I am absolutely LOVING it!

Cheryl

Hi everyone, cardio today, so I did IMAX2 and spinning for 30 min.

Barbara, I don't think I have much leg endurance either, my quads get soooooooo tired, is that what happens to you?

Nan, the cost of salad bars are crazy! Good luck finding something for lunch! I'm going to have brunch now with my boss, thankfully she's a nutritionist so I always eat well with her! :D

Yes Lisa that's what happens. It just starts burning right from the beginning where I can't push up or go deep. Also my left knee isn't so great.

Hey guys,

Phyllis I haven't done my workout yet we had our class valentines party at school today and I ate soo much junk and am sooo sleepy now so I am going to nap and then workout:)
Cynthia I am anxious to hear about how the body bug works for you I also need to be accountable for the crap I put in my mouth....
BBL
Tracy

I'm really curious about the body bugg, does it feel weird wearing it around all the time with normal clothes on? I generally wear sweaters to work.

Today is going to be disc 6 after work, I'm seriously drained today, but going away for the weekend tomorrow and afraid if I don't do it today, it might be a hard sell to do it before I go away, which means it will wait until Monday, and that's just not acceptable, I am determined to keep on track with these workouts. So, tonight it is!

I did not get the leg doms everyone is talking about with disc 3, I had some soreness in my hamstrings but that's it. I'm wondering if the problem was that some of my weights were too heavy to keep up with the reps, tonight I'm going to try to keep the weight where I can complete the reps instead of trying to keep up with my 1RM numbers.

Happy Vanlentine's Day!:D

I'm really curious about the body bugg, does it feel weird wearing it around all the time with normal clothes on? I generally wear sweaters to work.

No, it doesn't. The newer model is smaller than the original. You are suppose to wear it on your left tricep. I can feel it, but it doesn't bother me. As someone mentioned in an online BB review, it serves as a reminder....body bugg- get it?!:p You could wear it with a short sleeve tee and it may stick out a tiny bit. I think it looks a lot better than the old white and grey one. I'm glad I waited:)

The digital display is like wearing a Casio watch. I'm happy it serves as a watch too.
What I find motivating is that it gives me minute by minute updates on the calories I'm burning, steps I'm taking. I'm still trying to figure out the MET values. It's the measurement of intense activity. I was suppose to meet 30 METS today and I reached 48 with Cathe's leg workout! WOOHOO! I don't know what it means exactly, but I'm thinking it's good!:D
It's like carrying around a check book. I'm balancing what I can spend on food and still maintain my goals!

No, it doesn't. The newer model is smaller than the original. You are suppose to wear it on your left tricep. I can feel it, but it doesn't bother me. As someone mentioned in an online BB review, it serves as a reminder....body bugg- get it?!:p You could wear it with a short sleeve tee and it may stick out a tiny bit. I think it looks a lot better than the old white and grey one. I'm glad I waited:)

The digital display is like wearing a Casio watch. I'm happy it serves as a watch too.
What I find motivating is that it gives me minute by minute updates on the calories I'm burning, steps I'm taking. I'm still trying to figure out the MET values. It's the measurement of intense activity. I was suppose to meet 30 METS today and I reached 48 with Cathe's leg workout! WOOHOO! I don't know what it means exactly, but I'm thinking it's good!:D
It's like carrying around a check book. I'm balancing what I can spend on food and still maintain my goals!

Thanks! I went over the 24hourfit... and they have the bugg for 219 and the watch for 100, someone on another board said they had a sale for $250 for both that ended on 1/31, figures. I like that you can clip the watch to your pants, I'm supposed to be getting a really nice new watch soon :D.

This sounds very cool, and yayyyy!!! on the 48 mets (whatever that means, lol ;)) I always think I'm done spending money, then the enablers just pull me back in! I'm going to hold out a bit, to see if they have a better sale soon. My husband might want one of these too.

Oh yeah, did you get a 6month subscription included with yours?

BTW, I read your car that you drive from that other thread, I LOVE that car, I was thinking of leasing one when our car payments are up as an extra fun car, and the midnight blue is just beautiful. I saw one on ebay that I would have bid on, but it was a stick.

Oh yeah, did you get a 6month subscription included with yours?

BTW, I read your car that you drive from that other thread, I LOVE that car, I was thinking of leasing one when our car payments are up as an extra fun car, and the midnight blue is just beautiful. I saw one on ebay that I would have bid on, but it was a stick.

Yes, mine came with the 6 month subscription. I like the food, activity log so I will more than likely renew.
I was thinking about getting my son a BB. He wanted a wii fit, but I think this is a more useful tool. College life has made eating right and exercise a challenge. You know, the freshman 15lbs:(

My car has the triptronic feature. Totally worth the extra money!
I'm not sure if you've seen the blue has a purple hue to it in the sunlight. It's such a cool car!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.