STS Fit Chicks Wed Feb 18

pwmatt

Cathlete
I feel a little silly. I thought that the weight and plate abs meant BB plates! I certainly had my eyes opened on that one! Wow, they were tough exercises. I did the first couple of plate moves and then sat back and watched the rest!
Honestly, I don't see myself being able to do those pike moves. I can't do them on the ball either.:confused: I am still a tad sore in the abs from the med ball ,so I'm guessing that tomorrow will be a little worse. It's all good though. I see my body getting firmer. When doing D8 today, instead of pullups and chin ups I did lat pulldowns with the band. I'm not loving doing pullups under my dining room table. It just feels awkward.

Have a good day!

Morning ladies!

I am back, and feeling much better today. I was sooooo sleepy yesterday morning, but felt better by yest afternoon except for a raging headache. Silly, stupid me, I didn't want to get too off track so I did Disc 7 yesterday afternoon. The pushups weren't pretty, but it actually went ok. Not my best effort, though. And I skipped the abs. I'm moving ahead with Disc 8 and yoga abs this morn to be back on track. Off to workout and then back to work. Thank goodness for work, because daytime TV sucks!!!'

Nan

Good morning ladies,

Today's wo was D5. I am having a little shoulder trouble so some of the exercises weren't too comfortable, but I did have a nice burn going :)

Phyllis - now you have me interested in the plate abs!! That might be on the list for tomorrow.

Nan - glad you're feeling better today. Great wo!

I feel a little silly. I thought that the weight and plate abs meant BB plates! I certainly had my eyes opened on that one! Wow, they were tough exercises. I did the first couple of plate moves and then sat back and watched the rest!
Honestly, I don't see myself being able to do those pike moves. I can't do them on the ball either.:confused: I am still a tad sore in the abs from the med ball ,so I'm guessing that tomorrow will be a little worse. It's all good though. I see my body getting firmer. When doing D8 today, instead of pullups and chin ups I did lat pulldowns with the band. I'm not loving doing pullups under my dining room table. It just feels awkward.

Have a good day!

hahahaha! Phyllis I thought the same thing...got my BB plates out boy was I surprised!!! Had to run to the kitchen to get Paper plates!!
Today is Disc 5 can't wait .....

Tracy

I finished! Sort of;) I didn't do the abs. After the back/tri's and then finishing w/ the supermans and the child's pose, I realized yoga abs were NOT going to happen today. But everything else was ok. Maybe tonight if I am up to it, if not I'll toss them in tomorrow. Sucks bc I was on a roll w/ my ab work.

Nan

Hey Ladies,

Nan....glad you are feeling better! :)

Today I did Yoga abs and then 4 day split Kickbox....I was going to do the Boot Camp section as well but I was just tooooooo tried today :confused:...

Nan...I find that I need to do my ab work first because needless to say if I leaved it to the end of my workout it never get done....:(

I am trying real hard to make sure my eating is in line also because otherwise I am doing all this work for nothing....well not nothing but you all know what I mean.

Have a wonderful day.

Therese

Good morning everyone,

Phyllis, I thought the same thing about the weights & plates.... guess I need to try it.

I'm catching up for the past 2 days. Yesterday was treadmill intervals for cardio, and today was disc 8 back & triceps. I am still using the lat pulldown on my weight machine for the chinups and pullups. This completes week 3 for me. Week 4 will start on Saturday. I'm trying to time my rest week with a trip that starts next Wednesday.

Have fun.

Michelle

Alright, I have come to realize that I have weak shoulders. That or they are just getting more of a workout than I'm used to! I just finished week 2, disc 4 and my arms are like rubber! I've always hated working that area for some reason. I know why now!

I am so impressed with these workouts. It takes me a little longer to move equipment around than I would like but that is because of the small area I have to work out in.

I also had my BB Plates ready for the Plates section. I found some of those moves nearly impossible.. Although not as impossible as the levitation holds in the Yoga abs!

Tomorrow is LoMax and I think my legs are finally thawed out enough after last week's leg workout that I can tackle it. Would have been undoable before then!

Enjoy the day!

Terri

Hi Phyllis don't feel silly because I thought the same thing. I also sat and watch towards the end. I just can't do those pikes.

Well I just completed disk 8. Today seem easy. Did I say that. Maybe next week when we go up to 70% is when it start to get tough again.

Hi Everyone!

I did Disc 8 today. I'm still finding myself very challenged on these exercises. I had SUCH bad DOMS in my Biceps from Monday for 2 days. Weird how one body part "gets it" worse. But anyhow, Disc 8 was awesome! Loved it! I continue to love STS and feel ultra challenged. Plus the band work mixed in is pretty cool. ... I followed it with Abs Circuit: Weights & Plates. I think I did a WEE bit better on some of the plate moves. I tried to do a few of each move that I couldn't do last time. Very cool stuff! I like the idea of working my way up to these. The pikes with the plates is the most extreme, though. I think alot of it is that my arms are so damn tired from the weight work!! Oh, and the first time I did it, I thought it "Plates" meant weight plates from my barbell too! (Kind of wish it did! :eek:)

I did some of my pull-ups on my barbell set up on my bench and one set with my lateral pull down on my bench (with weights)> I definitely find the barbell ones TOUGHER (alot tougher).

I find that if I read ahead on my workout card while cathe is talking, I can get set up for the next exercise without pausing the DVD.

Tomorrow is supposed to be Kickmax for cardio. I'm wondering if that is supposed to include the leg drills at the end , the day before STS LEgs? What do you guys think and what do you think you'll do?

Tomorrow is supposed to be Kickmax for cardio. I'm wondering if that is supposed to include the leg drills at the end , the day before STS LEgs? What do you guys think and what do you think you'll do?

I was thinking of the same thing. It says 75 minutes so I assume it is. I am going to try and do as much as I can.

Hi Phyllis don't feel silly because I thought the same thing. I also sat and watch towards the end. I just can't do those pikes.

Well I just completed disk 8. Today seem easy. Did I say that. Maybe next week when we go up to 70% is when it start to get tough again.

We go up to 70% NEXT week?!?!? :eek::eek::eek: I thought we had until Meso 2. I should have read ahead. Endurance workout at 70% eeek. I'm gonna die!!!! What fun, though!:D;):p

I did like reading Cathe's update about Disc 1, serves her right for torturing us :p;)

Nan

I agree that it is good to hear Cathe having to work (and even suffer a little with us!) I thought about her, and her comment about being too perky, as she was gleefully announcing more pushups on the disc I did today! (What is it with Cathe and her pushups!?)

I've been struggling to figure out a way to get pull/chin ups in. The bands just didn't cut it for me. I then remembered that we have a Total Gym that DH purchased about 10 years ago. He used it 2 or 3 times and it has been a coat rack ever since! I pulled it out and think it will work great! At least until Cathe's Tower becomes available!

Terri

Chris, I am not doing KM tomorrow because I don't like kickboxing. I think I will do the cardio from HIS and LIS. I realy enjoy them, so I have to do what will get me motivated to get me up in the morning. If I was doing KM, I wouldn't do the leg drills as you will get leg work the next day with STS.

Good evening!

Whoa, didn't know week 4 goes to 70%!!?? Kind of cool and scary at the same time.

Tonight was Disc 8 and med ball abs (single only). I felt like I breezed right through this one, I guess the familiarity really helps move along and transition faster, I only paused the dvd once! I even found some of weights for triceps feeling a little light, so I noted that for next week, BUT I think the 70% will take care of that anyway :p. Those cross body drop-set triceps really got me by the last couple of reps. I had upped the weight a bit from what my card said, and certainly felt it.

I usually prefer chest workouts but I'm starting to appreciate the lack of pushups in the back/triceps discs. ;)

I think I need some heavier tubing for the pullup alternative, someone mentioned using 2 bands, I'll try that next week.

Hello,
I am doing STS discs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday so today was a cardio workout for me. I was going to do Plyo Legs from P90X but that program has been "loaned out" to my co-worker since I am now all about STS, so I decided to do Imax3. I haven't done this workout in at least a year and those darn blasts are awesome!! I had to jump a little lightly on some of the tuck jumps and jump ups to the step since my DH has complained that there are a few new cracks in the ceiling of my workout room. He says I am jumping way too much, I say the house is 185 years old and cracks happen!!! My legs were jelly at the end of the workout and I felt great. It's nice to know that at my age (48) I can still keep up on the higher impact stuff. Let's hope the knees hold out....
Brenda in Indiana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.