STS -fit chicks Wed 2/11

looking good

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

I did not get the check in yesterday...very busy but I did Disc 5 yesterday and I am not feeling the Doms today like last week. Today is Cardio day for me.

I am really enjoy this work out. I like just pulling out the next disc and popping it in. This is my first true rotation! So that must make me a Newbie Rotationer? :D I am really proud of myself because SO FAR I been very good with clean eating. Notice SO FAR is in all caps..

Have a great day everyone.

Therese

Hi Therese!

I love having my workouts planned ahead of time. It takes all the guess work out of what I should do. I have all my little STS stickers posted on my calendar;) BTW, SNM posted the download for the STS stickers yesterday.
http://www.cathe.com/Stickers_Start.htm
They also give you a link to where to buy the 1" stickers. I ordered from the company and they shipped fast!

Today, I'm repeating disc 2. I love this workout....no push ups!! Yaaay!:D

Have a great day and workout!!!

Great job Therese! Isn't that a good feeling? I love it when I actually stick to what I planned?

I did disk 5 today and enjoyed it. I just realized that the extended stretch is the same on all the disks. I don't so all of it at once. I just do the part that stretches out the body part that I've worked.

I have found that my back,tris and shoulders have been really feeling these workouts while my chest and bis have not had much doms. So, I think I need to redo my 1rm for them. I would always get doms when doing GS chest or PUB because I went heavy. Thoughts on this? I LOVe the lat work and I'm seeing more definition already!

Good morning fit chicks:) Today I did disc 5 back and tri's. I went up 5% from last week and it seem easier this time around. I use my platemates. I am so glad that I brought them a few years ago. They really come in handy for STS. I did the pull ups and chin ups on my squat rack where you laid down on the bench. Well have a great day:)

Good morning ladies! Well good news! DH is feeling much better today after LowMax last night! WHOOOHOOO!
We have Disc 4 tonight. I am loving this rotation too! Putting in the next disc is SO easy.
Later!

Good morning everyone! I forgot to check and post my workout for yesterday but I DID complete it! LOL! It was my cardio day and hopped on my indoor bike trainer for 55 minutes. Wahoo!!! And I also did STS Pilates Abs and I loved the change of pace from traditional ab work!

What I didn't expect after disc 1 was to be so sore in my upper back along my spine and across my lats yesterday and today. It was all of those pushups!!!!!!!! I was not sore in the muscles that were worked as much as I thought I would be. But that made me a little worried about this morning's workout since today I would actually be FOCUSING on my back with Disc 2. LOL! But it went great! I was so happy to not have to do so many pushups (the one set of close grip straddle ones were a welcome relief compared to Monday - though they weren't EASY).

I'm glad that next week I might not be so sore if my experiences are anything like you guys are going through with feeling great on Disc 5.

Therese - I too love pulling out the next disc and being ready to go. I have never done a set rotation plan and I like not having to think too much about what I'm going to do next (it's already hard enough for me to think in the morning).

I love putting my stickers up on the Cathe calendar and writing in the details of my workout... I wish the Abs stickers were broken out into separate ones with the premixes on them. I might make some new ones in Photoshop that have them... though I don't have any of that blank sticker paper.

I agree that having incremental weights are wonderful! They make a big difference in helping get past the set amount on standard dummbells. I bought Pace Weights a few months ago and LOVE using them with the STS workouts.

Oh and I realized that my treadmill has a bar that goes across that I was able to use for the chinups and pullups similar the bar that Cathe uses (though not nearly as wide) and it worked GREAT! I needed to put my legs up on the sides instead of on the belt so that they wouldn't slide down. Hopefully this is still good form (it will have to do until I can buy the Cathe tower or figure out a safe way to use the chin up bar that's on my door frame with a chair...I feel more comfortable with the treadmill bar at this point).

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!!! We've already had a great workout and done something great for our health! Awesome work!

Good Morning Everyone!

This is my first time checking in with you guys, but I started STS on Sunday. How's everyone doing?? Today was a cardio day (Cardio Coach #5 on my cross trainer) and tomorrow will be Disc 3 legs. I also did Pilates Abs and LOVED it!! The scissor move really had me feeling my lower abs. I can't wait to try the Yoga Abs.

Barbara - I've been using my squat rack for pull/chin ups, too, but from the floor...I think your idea of using the bench would work better. Thanks for the tip.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy hump day!

Today is Disc 5 for me and no equipment abs. Will be after work tonight. I was a little stiff after disc 4, but no where near as bad as with disc 1. I'm hoping that trend will continue, so when I do legs on Fri, I will be able to walk on Sat:):);). I am loving the STS!!! I know disc 4 contained some of disc 1, but had I not already done #1, I never would have noticed. The editing is wonderfully clean. I didn't realize til I was partway thru a set of the repeats, that I had done it before. It was kinda like deja-vu. I have printed my workout card for today, and the wts are getting up there. I don't even wanna see a card for meso 3!!!

Speaking of meso 3, how many of you are doing plyo and how many are doing squat rack? I'm thinking I'll be doing the plyo, bc I don't have a squat rack, and I can only lift so much over my head. I need to check and see what my max wt will be for that one. The plyo looks fun, but I also like heavy legs and am intrigued about the squat rack discs. I am waffling btwn the 2. Somebody make a descision for me! Mmmm.....waffles. Somebody keep me away from the waffles!!:p

Happy Wednesday to all, I'll report back later

Nan

Hi Nan,

Yuuummmmy...waffles sound good:) I will be doing the squat rack workouts. I wish I could do plyo but my knees can't take the impact:confused:...I wonder if anybody will combine the two wos or mix it up somehow??

Hey all!

I did DISC 5: Back & Triceps late morning. LOVED it and am amazed at the weights I am using. I wouldn't have picked such heavy weights if I hadn't done the 1RM's, so I'm glad I did! I did some pull-ups on my suspended barbell on my bench. But then I decided to use my Lateral Pull Down w/ 25# weights. Do you guys think the Lateral Pull Down is a good modification for Pull Ups/Chin ups?

Therese: I love rotations too! If I don't have one, I feel so lost!

Phyllis: I'm not sure I'd re-do the 1RM's. I think I'd just up the weight when I did the exercise and re-enter the weight. Are you struggling with the last few reps of the chest and bicep exercises?

Lisa: that's EXACTLY how I felt after Disc 1 last week! And I was also afraid of doing back with my lats so sore, but had no problems. Your Pull Up modification sounds perfect!

nan: I'm definitely going to do the Plyo option. there's no way I can lift that heavy over my head, I tried for 1Rm's and did maybe 1 and stopped.

Good morning!

I haven't checked in for a few days as I was out of town. I am on the 2nd round of Week One disks. My chest & biceps are still stinging from Monday. I hope my triceps can make it through tonight!

I am loving these workouts. My DF did did Disc One with me on Monday...he could barely make it through and is very sore now. Now he knows why I love Cathe!

It was beautiful outside yesterday so I ran/walked at lunch....so now my legs are sore, too!!!

Question - what is everyone using for pullups/chinups? I have bands right now but am looking into getting either the Perfect Pullup or Iron Gym. Opinions?

Hi everyone!
I don't remember if I checked in yesterday but I did Meso 3 - Disc 29 Plyo legs and ran 2 miles. This morning I did Meso 1 - Disc 5 (Back/Triceps) + the extended stretch.

I upped the weights in the plyo workout and burned 540 calories for the 49 minute workout! I also increased some of the weights in this morning's workout and got a great burn. I'm loving this series!

Kathy G

hey everyone!!
Last night I repeated disc 1 again. But I am not sore like last week! Maybe I made a mistake repeating?? I don't want to waste my time!!!! Maybe DOMS will kick in tomorrow.
As for tonight I am doing lowmax...I love it!!! It and Imax 2 are my favorites. I ordered cathe's weighted gloves, and heavy tubing and they are being delivered tomorrow! Can't wait I might call off tomorrow :)
Tracy

Good morning!

I haven't checked in for a few days as I was out of town. I am on the 2nd round of Week One disks. My chest & biceps are still stinging from Monday. I hope my triceps can make it through tonight!

I am loving these workouts. My DF did did Disc One with me on Monday...he could barely make it through and is very sore now. Now he knows why I love Cathe!

It was beautiful outside yesterday so I ran/walked at lunch....so now my legs are sore, too!!!

Question - what is everyone using for pullups/chinups? I have bands right now but am looking into getting either the Perfect Pullup or Iron Gym. Opinions?

Hi beskinny!! I am using tubing for pull ups..but I hope cathe's thing is available soon!
Tracy

I did disc 5 and ran for 35 minutes. It was a great workout. I feel stronger already. I just wish I would stop eating and feel skinnier too!-LOL

Have a great day.
chrissy

Good afternoon! I am new to this thread and just did STS disc one today! I am amazed at the major noodles my arms have become! Having trouble getting them over my head! I'm thinking the shoulders DOMS will kick in tomorrow!

I'm going to preview disc 2 tonight and tomorrow will be Imax2. I'm going to attempt to follow Cathe's rotation, just on different days! I am glad to hear that the push up factor isn't this bad on all of the discs!

I find that I need to post my workouts as a way to keep motivated....Makes me accountable.

Therefore...I'll "see" you tomorrow!

Terri

Hi everyone,

Today was disc 5 (back & triceps). Although some of the exercises were the same as disc 2, there was enough new things to keep it interesting. I'm starting to like the side lying one arm push-ups now that I've tried it a second time.

I used the wide lat bar on my home gym as a substitute for the pull-ups and chin-ups. I think this will work well. Also, I 'm really glad that I bought pace weights for this series -- I've been using them quite a bit.

Overall, I haven't been nearly as sore the second week. But I've been using heavier weights, so it must be working. I'm certainly enjoying the series so far and happy to hear everyone else is, too.

Michelle

Hi Everyone,

I just got finished with #5 !! My back and triceps are worked!!! I love the pace weights. If I'm lifting this heavy for mesocycle 1, I can't imagine how much heavier I can lift with mesocycle 2 and 3.

I can't wait for Friday to work the legs.

Good evening ladies!

I wasn't around yesterday to check in, but yesterday was cardio, I did powerstrike in the AM before work. And tonight I just finished Disc 5, I am really wiped out right now, I don't even feel like eating, and I can eat under almost any circumstance ;). So just went with a whey shake for dinner, easy and effective.

This is also my first planned rotation, I really enjoy the no decision aspect of it all. I only like a few kinds of cardio, so I don't believe I would follow a cardio rotation, but it's great with weights.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.