STS fit chicks Tues Feb 10

pwmatt

Cathlete
Ah, much needed cardio today. LM relieved some of my stress and I feel better! My lats are sore from yesterday - pushups I guess. I didn't get a chance to check out any meal logging sites, or finish my 1RMs - perhaps tonight(fingers crossed)

Happy Tuesday!

Not sore from disc 4 yesterday. But knowing me, the DOMS will find me sometime later today. Today is cardio, so I am off to do IMAX 3. Its a little early in the morning for that one, so wish me luck. I have to do my cardio early on Tues/Thurs due to my work scheduler. I am normally an evening exerciser. But I don't want to be bouncing around at 8 pm, either. So, off I go!

Nan

Good morning everyone. Today is LM. I just feel really tired now. I just might do the step premix only. I think I am craving for rest.

Phyllis I am glad that LM relieve some of your stress:) My lats are also sore.

Hi Nan good luck with Imax 3.

Good morning ladies!

Count me in for sore lats! Those push ups are tough. I'm still on my knees:eek:

Today, is Plyo disc 26:eek: I'm skeered. That is a hard workout! Someone on another forums said it was easy. I don't know what planet they were from. They must be super human:D

In regards to food logging. I splurged on a BodyBugg yesterday. :eek::eek:It should arrive by Friday. It comes with 6 month free subscription(not really free LOL!).
I been looking at the device for a couple of years now. I just couldn't take the plunge. What sold me on it is that it's not just for fat loss. I can use it to make sure I'm eating enough calories for muscle gain.
Right now, I need to lose fat:(, but it's nice I can use it for meso 2 when the focus is muscle gain:)

good morning chicks!!
I was exhausted last night so I did not do disc one so I will do it today
I have been so tired lately I hope I am not getting sick!!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Tracy

OK I am back to report I did the whole LM. OMG I forgot how tough this is. It really works your legs. Now that I have STS I've been making my cardio days longer. I really need to lose a lot of weight that I gain this past 2 years. This check in is really helping me stay motivated. Thanks for listening:).

Hey STSers!

I did Low Max today too. Reminded my lower body of DOMS I got from Disc 3 last week! That workout burns the heck out of my thighs :eek:

No DOMS really from Disc 4 yet, But I did do my workout in the afternoon yesterday. They might still kick in. I mean,. my biceps and shoulders felt a *little* tight on Low Max. I think I do feel my lats a bit now too. And , I do ALL the Push Ups on my knees too! No need to feel :eek:!!

Cynthia: Cool on the Body BUg! Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

I did LM early this morning, just like many of you did. I really missed doing this one. It was one of my favorites. It was really quite fun!

Once I got the kids off to school, I did Meso1 Disc 6 the legs one. I really do LOVE these leg workouts. I could tell that Cathe used some from disc 3. But there was enough new exercises that it made the work out interesting. There isn't any dread factor with this DVD or any of the STS I have done so far.

Cheryl

I did spinning for an hour and SJP all step pm. I was a little surprised that I didn't have leg DOMS from disc 3 yesterday. I could tell that my legs were feeling a bit tired from doing disc 3 yesterday, probably wasn't a smart move to do spinning, oh well. My lats are still a bit sore and twingy, I think they should be ready for disc 4 tomorrow.

Plyo disc 26:eek: I'm skeered. That is a hard workout! Someone on another forums said it was easy. I don't know what planet they were from. They must be super human:D
Cynthia, I read this too on the VF forums (I only lurk there), Disc 26 was a killer and maybe that is why Disc 3 didn't bother me too much this week. I don't know how you are doing it putting in 2 leg workouts a week (esp a plyo one), you go girl!

Waves to all the chickies today! DH and I enjoyed our off day yesterday. We will do LowMax tonight. I am not nearly as sore as poor DH. He is spending every aching moment he can in the jet tub. :( I have been unable to convince him that it will get better. :)

Waves to all the chickies today! DH and I enjoyed our off day yesterday. We will do LowMax tonight. I am not nearly as sore as poor DH. He is spending every aching moment he can in the jet tub. :( I have been unable to convince him that it will get better. :)
Waves to Melissa! Give that poor guy a massage!

I know Lisa! I think people are beginning to think that Ben Gay is his signature scent! LOL I think he "overestimated" the importance of sticking to the 1RM method. HA HA His testosterone has kicked in and I think he may have been showing off just a tad on Sunday, disc 3. :)

I did legs today. I am still working with my trainer (I didn't want to give her up). So each tuesday I will do a different body part (coincide with Cathe with body parts and reps). If I can fit it in I will do 4 weight days each week if not, each of my mesocycles will be slightly longer because I want to do all the discs. I will eventually get to them, it just may take me 5 weeks instead of 4. Last week I did 4 days.

Cynthia- how are you fitting in 4 days a week. Do you take a rest day, only do 2 days of cardio or are you dbling up one day. Although I guess plyo legs are kinda of cardio based by themselves. What is a body bug?

Have a great day everyone.
chrissy

Melissa,
Tell your DH there are women on Cathe.com who can totally sympathize. Maybe he could take an epsom salt bath.

Lisa,

Plyo was a little easier this week. I was managed the weighted segments a little better. There were a few of the weighted plyo moves that I did without weights this time. I wasn't so whooped by the end like I was last week. It's a great workout!

My rotation looks like this:
Monday-Chest,bicep,shoulders
Tuesday-Plyo legs(I also consider this cardio)
Wednesday-Back,triceps
Thursday-Cardio
Friday- Legs
Saturday-Cardio

I need an extra leg day because that is my problem zone:eek:

Chrissy,
The BodyBugg is an electronic device you wear on your arm 24/7 (minus showers). It measures you activity level, body temperature, calorie expenditure. It's a pricey sucker, but I really like the idea of knowing how my metabolism is working. It's also a motivator to get you to move more if you need to burn more! It also tracks calorie for muscle gain. You can set the digital device to whatever your goals are. It's a gadget, and I love gadgets!
The device comes with a 6 month online subscription. All the reviews say the online meal tracker is amazing.

Here is more about the device. (I didn't buy it from Apex. I bought it from 24 hour fitness because it was cheaper)
http://www.bodybugg.com/

Cynthia or anybody who knows...

What does an Epsom Salt Bath really do for you?

Is it safe for a jet tub?

I joke but I really do love my husband. He is my best buddy. If this will really help, I will go to the store tonight...

Thanks!

Melissa,
Tell your DH there are women on Cathe.com who can totally sympathize. Maybe he could take an epsom salt bath.

Lisa,

Plyo was a little easier this week. I was managed the weighted segments a little better. There were a few of the weighted plyo moves that I did without weights this time. I wasn't so whooped by the end like I was last week. It's a great workout!

My rotation looks like this:
Monday-Chest,bicep,shoulders
Tuesday-Plyo legs(I also consider this cardio)
Wednesday-Back,triceps
Thursday-Cardio
Friday- Legs
Saturday-Cardio

I need an extra leg day because that is my problem zone:eek:

Chrissy,
The BodyBugg is an electronic device you wear on your arm 24/7 (minus showers). It measures you activity level, body temperature, calorie expenditure. It's a pricey sucker, but I really like the idea of knowing how my metabolism is working. It's also a motivator to get you to move more if you need to burn more! It also tracks calorie for muscle gain. You can set the digital device to whatever your goals are. It's a gadget, and I love gadgets!
The device comes with a 6 month online subscription. All the reviews say the online meal tracker is amazing.

Here is more about the device. (I didn't buy it from Apex. I bought it from 24 hour fitness because it was cheaper)
http://www.bodybugg.com/

I've been eyeing a Body Bugg for a long time but still can't decide if I should get one or not. I have a HRM and have my own food journal to keep track in but I'm assuming the BB takes it to a whole new level. I heard that 24 Hour is running a pretty good special on them right now. A co-worker of mine said they went down in price considerably from what they were. Please let us know what you think of it. I may have to add this back on to my lonnnnnnng wish list of things.

Melissa - My Dh is so incredibly sore that we came to an abrupt stop on the STS program and took almost a week off while working with him to get his basic motor skills back - things like being able to sit down, walk across the room, lift his arm above his head etc... We will be starting AGAIN tomorrow.

Liann...I laughed so hard I nearly choked! I honestly would feel MORE sympathy for my DH if he had not been showing off. He thought he was adorable until he woke up the next day...."Honey! My legs are on fire! Help!" Okay so I am not exactly Florence Nightingale, but I am not the nurse lady in Misery either. :)
images

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.