STS fit chicks- Sat 2/14

fit44

Cathlete
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Today I'm doing the press play cardio coach in honor of Michele's DFIL who just passed.

Have a great day everyone~

Morning!

Today is cardio, I will also be doing CCPP w/ the added challenge. My low back is a little sore today. Not sure if its from disc 6 or if I slept funny. No DOMS yet from yesterday, but I feel as though I have lead legs. Should make CCPP interesting, esp since the hardest part is at the beginning.

Happy Hallmark Day to all
Nan

Happy Hallmark Day to all
Nan

I like that - I agree that it is a Hallmark Day!

Disc 6 today along with pilates abs. I've got mixed feelings about this wo. I hate working legs but I enjoyed last week's WO sooo much!

Enjoy your day, everybody!:D

Morning Ladies,

For Cardio yesterday I went ice skating with my kids. Don't know if that was such a good idea since my legs were already fried from Disc 6. I still feel them today. Yeah! today is a rest day, although I will probably take my dogs for about a three mile walk. Hopefully that will help stretch these sore legs.

Have a Happy Valentines Day!

Therese

Hey!

1.gif

I switched up today's cardio (MIC) with Thursdays. I did MIC on Thursday. For a Substitute for Cardio Kicks (not a fave of mine) I did CTX: Kickbox followed by Turbo Jam: 20 Minutes. Good substitution I think!

We celebrated last night... My DH, and my 3 boys exchanged candy hearts (I got godiva's!!) and then we snuggled in bed and watched Charlie Brown Valentine! It was fun. Tonight starts my "work week". I work Sat and Sun overnights....

See ya on Monday!

Oh my goodness, I WILL be sore tomorrow!! Those one legged sit and stands were nearly impossible for me. I couldn't figure out what the problem was and then I realized that I was sitting too low. I use my high step instead of a chair and I only had 5 risers on. So, next time you can be sure that I will up that. If you compare Cathe's chair to a high step - I figure you need about 8 risers to be equal.

The wall squats were super hard for me too. I started with 8 lbs, but quickly went to no weight at all.

I finished up the 1RMs that I need for next week's upper body and now I'm ready for a shower!!

Phyllis I agree with you, I know I will be sore tomorrow. I had a really difficult time with the leg workout today, my right hamstring has really been sore the past few days and it was fired up and fried from disc 6 today. I couldn't do the sit n stands on the right side... it ended up being stand and squat (1 leg) going as deep as I could, which was pretty shallow, but it beats a blank!! I may make tomorrow my rest day to give my right ham a break, we will see

Brenda in Indiana

I was actually quite surprised that I didn't have MAJOR DOMS from Disc 6 yesterday. I struggled in many of the same moves you guys did, but i did 99% of the reps. Just a LITTLE soreness in my lower body today.

Just to give you girls a little hope :)

I did disc 6 today too. Wow, that was tough. But I loved it. Even the the bonus burn band got me good, especially the outer thigh one.
I loved the sit and stands. I am struggling with the sliders. After using 3 different types of paper plates and yoga sliders, I finally found the furniture sliders work best on my rug. (they were also the cheapest- I wish I found those first!!) But I can not go down low enough to put the weight down. So I used weight on the back lunges and just didn't put the weight down. The side lunges I didn't use any. I felt like I did not have too much control with those. :confused: I know I will probably be sore tomorrow. :eek: --yes I like being sore!

Have a great valentine's day.
chrissy

i did disk 6 yesturday and i have to be honest i don't feel much from the leg work disks....im actually thinking about adding a day per week of Butts and Gutts...that one always gets me good?? Does anyone have any ideas why the leg stuff is just not that tough? The upper body is great, but i'm a bit concerned about the lower body STS.....
elena

i did disk 6 yesturday and i have to be honest i don't feel much from the leg work disks....im actually thinking about adding a day per week of Butts and Gutts...that one always gets me good?? Does anyone have any ideas why the leg stuff is just not that tough? The upper body is great, but i'm a bit concerned about the lower body STS.....
elena

I actually find it very chanllenging. The first week my butt was sore for days. I just did week 2 today, so DOMS have not kicked in yet. I havent worked my legs this hard in a long time. I have not really done Cathe's Leg DVD workouts because they are too hard and I have a hard time motivating myself to do them. I work with a trainer 1x a week, so that is the only time I did legs and it was usually with other body parts. So for me these workouts are hard!!

Are you using heavy enough weights? Did you do your 1RM's? If you did your 1 RM correctly I don't see why they wouldn't be challenging for you. Do you usually lift heavy? Are you having a hard time because you need too heavy weight (do you have an issue holding it) Maybe because it is only 1 set then she moves on to a different exercise that focuses on another part of the leg? I have heard a few people say the plyo workouts are great and they are doing them already.

Do you not find them challenging during the workout? or is it because you don't have DOMS the next day? Not having DOMS doesn't necessarily mean you are not working hard.

Good Luck
chrissy

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone. Today I took a rest day because I was going to do the cardio suggestion for the treadmill that Cathe has but my legs are fried from yesterday so I will do the treadmill tomorrow. I brought those furniture slides from Walmart and they are great on the puzzlemat. The paper plates just wasn't great:mad:.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.