STS Fit chicks Mon Feb 9

pwmatt

Cathlete
Moving on - disc 4 here I come. I didn't wo at all this weekend. Sat, I was too sore and Sun I was too busy! So, I missed out on a cardio.

I really need to do something about the eating. I've packed on a few lbs this winter that I need to shake.

Has anyone here used fitday?

Today, I'm repeating disc 1. I decided to stay in meso 1 for 8 weeks:)
I couldn't wait for today to get here!
I just LOVE my STS:D

Phyllis, I used Fitday. I've read several reports on other fitness forums that the calories are inaccurate. I don't think it would be a problem if you build your own custom menu. Using their data base is iffy.
I stopped using Fitday and went to this free online diary.

http://www.nutridiary.com/

Good morning everyone. Today is disc 4 for me too. I just hope I can increase the 5% from last week. Good thing I have platemates:).

Hi Phyllis I never use fitday. I used Weight Watcher now. I've been using it for on and off for a few years.

Hi Cynthia I also am loving STS.

Well I will check back later and let you know how the weight increase went.

today's the day!

Hi all! I'm new to this group but am starting STS today!! Wahooo!!!! I'm so excited to be starting already! I have my weights all set up and the first 4 discs and the abs DVD all prepared in my DVD player and as soon as I drop my little one off at preschool I'll be heading to my basement to START. I'll report back later but just wanted to say HI!

:)

I log everything I eat on www.thedailyplate.com. Give this one a try - it's free. I lost 20 lbs last year.

After work I'm going to do #4. I previewed this weeks workouts yesterday. I wish my knees could handle more weight. They are in a lot of discomfort right now. I'm thinking Friday I will use no weight when working the legs.

Thanks girls. I'll check out both sites tonight.

Hi Lisa! Welcome!

Oh, my shoulders were burning me today. Those bow and arrow things with the band. Yikes! I think I actually went to heavy with my shoulders and not heavy enough on my bis. Has anyone had to retest their 1RM? I think I need to do that. Anyone have an extra day they can throw my way? I seem to be pressed for time these days:(

Oh, my shoulders were burning me today. Those bow and arrow things with the band. Yikes! I think I actually went to heavy with my shoulders and not heavy enough on my bis. Has anyone had to retest their 1RM? I think I need to do that. Anyone have an extra day they can throw my way? I seem to be pressed for time these days:(

phyllis-yes those bow and arrow were killers. I am quite sore today from disc 4. After doing the first 3 discs I was able to add to and update some of my 1 rm. I write on my workout card if I went to failure, if I did I use that as my 1 RM. I know it is not completely accurate because I am fatigued especially at the end, but I didn't do alot of my 1 RM's. This is at least giving me an idea. I have actually been going to failure on most of the exercises. I guess having exercised for so long I kinda know the weights I can use. And no I don't have a extra day for you....I would keep it for myself if I found one.LOL

I am going to do cardio today at the gym. I did drill max cardio/leg blast premix yesterday. That really got my legs. I love DM.

After the first week of STS, I actually gained 2 lbs. I wish I could say it was muscle but I doubt it. My diet is horrible these days. Actually I have been really off since Thanksgiving. I would really like to lose 20 lbs during this STS rotation. My 40th birthday is at the end of April. It would be so great to feel and look great when I turn 40. I am so not looking foward to this one.

Have a great day everyone.
chrissy

Good Morning Ladies,

Cynthia I was using Fitday but will check out your recommend site and give it a shot this week. It helps to write down what you eat and nibble because when it pen and paper reality set in on what you REALLY are comsuming :confused:.

Welcome Lisa you will love the STS journey.

I did Disc 4 yesterday and did up my weigth by 5% and found I was having difficuties towards the end of the program doing all the reps! Today is cardio for me but since I am back to work this week my workouts will be in the evening. Kudos to all of you that can get out of bed and jump into working out. I have a diffcult time doing that. I need at least an hour to wake up and many cups of coffee before I can do a Cathe workout. Since I leave by 7:00 am I would need to get up by 4:00 am and that is just not happenning with this gal!

Have a fun day everyone.

Therese

Hi everyone!
Welcome lisa
I have decided to do STS for 6 months so I am repeating disc 1.
Barbara I wanted to get platemates but was unsure if they would work with the dumbbells that are rubber on the ends. What kind of weights do you have?

Hi Phyllis!

BBL
Tracy

Morning ladies!

I've never used an on line food tracker, I keep everything in a handy pen and paper notebook. I don't count the calories, just write down what I eat. I can get a good guesstimate by writing down what I eat. Oatmeal mixed w/ ff yogurt for breakfast this morning - good thing, good for me calories, and not too many. Baked apple pancakes with loads of sugar and butter that I wanted to have Sunday, but didn't :):(:) - not so good for me and very high on the calories. I have thought about plugging the numbers in online, but it just seems like so much extra work and time I don't have. I should look into it, though.

Chrissy - I am also looking to shake 20lbs. We can do this together, my friend!

Today is disc 4 and SB abs. My legs are STILL sore from disc 3 on Friday. I keep thinking "today" will be the last day for sore legs, but my body seems to think otherwise. They are not nearly as bad today, they are comfortable DOMS today, at least I can use the bathroom!! I did an outdoor run SAt bc the weather was so nice, the first since prob Nov/Dec so that probably didn't help. And I meant to do an easy 30 mins on the elliptical on Sun, but it didn't quite work out that way. My elliptical has 12 preset programs and 10 resistance levels. All the presets that I have done have been easy so far and are btwn 30 and 45 mins. So I picked one I hadn't done yet. It was a monster of a hill climb!! It started out at resistance 3 (easy) and went all the way up to 10 (pant, pant, oof) for about 35 mins, with roughly 3 mins at each level, stuck at level 10 for probably 5 mins (felt like forever) then all the way back down to level one to total 45 mins. That was some work! Probably didn't help the leg issue, either. But I figured since I started, I would finish, but I was about ready to give up the ghost on the long level 10. Then I took an easy walk yesterday afternoon to help keep things loosened up.

I'm also working on a cross stitch project that I have *finally* found my grove on, so when I am not moving, I am scrunched up in my corner of the couch working on that, which lets my legs kink back up. I am certain tomorrow, my legs will be back to normal. I am not sure if I am looking forward to the next legs disc or not:eek:;)

Well, happy Monday to all, I will report back this evening after I finish.

Nan

Good morning all! DH and I finished week 1 last night. The legs were AWESOME! We have an off day scheduled for today...thank goodness! I am really loving this program. :)

I just finished Disc 1. My second time around, it was still fresh;) I was a little wiser this time around. I subbed the bootcamp and staggered push-ups for bench presses. So I ended up doing 2 sets of 16 reps of chest presses this go around. I still failed on my last set of push-ups:eek: This is a killer workout (in a good way)! My biceps are like jello right now.

Hi Lisa!! Welcome to STS:D
Chrissy, I'm with you on the poor diet. Today I'm cleaning up my act. I have to, or I'll be in endurance cycle forever:eek:

I haven't look forward to any other disc in this cycle. I'm curious, why are some people on the Ya Ya board selling off 3 of the 4 weeks of each cycle? I find that odd they only keep one? I know there is repeat footage, but aren't they all different?
How is disc 4 compared to 3?

Thanks girls. I'll check out both sites tonight.

Hi Lisa! Welcome!

Hi Phyllis I also had a hard time with the shoulders, I really had hard time with the 21's. I made a note to lower it the next time. The bi's were ok where I was at and a challenge. So to answer your question about retesting no I didn't.

Ok to disk 4, it was a challenge because of increasing the weight, ouch. I think I am going to get DOMS in my shoulders as it was tough. I was able to do all of the push ups on knees this time. Last week I couldn't even do all of them on knees. My next goal is to try and do some straight legs.

Hi Lisa and welcome:)

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. I just finished Disc 1 and I am going to be VERY sore tomorrow. It was all those pushups!!!! They just made my arms jelly and so they were more tired on other exercises since when I did my 1 RM I HAD NOT just done a gazillion pushups first! LOL!

Strangely, I found that I should have lifted heavier on the exercise called Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell). On my workout card it calls for 5 but I will try with 6 or more likely 7s next time. I was pleased on that. But for most of the push ups I ended up needing to go to knees. The great thing about this is that I know I AM going to rock with pushups after I complete this program!!!

It seems that with the speed of the reps the weights for shoulders were a bit heavier than I could keep up with and complete so on a couple of exercises I was a few reps off (even at the very beginning, again, I blame the pushups!).

But I was right on for many of the exercises... though it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be for this week either. Eeeek!

By the end I was pooped! The staggered pushups... I just attempted them as regular pushups on the knee (and I use 5 lb dumbbells because my wrists hurt when flat on the floor) and I could only do half the reps (8 instead of 16)!!

Tomorrow I might need my 7 and 4 year old to help me lift things (oh, and to think that I am going grocery shopping tomorrow - thank goodness they'll be with me to help out)! LOL!

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm walking on cloud 9 with just starting and joining in here today. :p

I just finished Disc 1. My second time around, it was still fresh;) I was a little wiser this time around. I subbed the bootcamp and staggered push-ups for bench presses. So I ended up doing 2 sets of 16 reps of chest presses this go around. I still failed on my last set of push-ups:eek: This is a killer workout (in a good way)! My biceps are like jello right now.

Hi Lisa!! Welcome to STS:D
Chrissy, I'm with you on the poor diet. Today I'm cleaning up my act. I have to, or I'll be in endurance cycle forever:eek:

I haven't look forward to any other disc in this cycle. I'm curious, why are some people on the Ya Ya board selling off 3 of the 4 weeks of each cycle? I find that odd they only keep one? I know there is repeat footage, but aren't they all different?
How is disc 4 compared to 3?

I did disc 4 saturday and I also subbed those 2 sets of pushups for DB bench press. I didn't get sore in my chest from disc 1 (my lats got it-ouch). This time I have DOMS everywhere. (shoulders, chest, lats, even my triceps) I liked disc 4 better than 1. They are very similar but there are some different exercises that I preferred.

chrissy

I did disc 4 saturday and I also subbed those 2 sets of pushups for DB bench press. I didn't get sore in my chest from disc 1 (my lats got it-ouch). This time I have DOMS everywhere. (shoulders, chest, lats, even my triceps) I liked disc 4 better than 1. They are very similar but there are some different exercises that I preferred.

chrissy

This is all great news! LOL Isn't funny how we just love this torture?!!:p:pThanks:)

disk 4

hi all,
finished disk 4 today and loved it!!! much better than disk 1...im not even sure why!! still tons of pushups...to many for me, but i hung in there and did them....yesturday i did both the medball abs and the weights and plates abs....i loved them both...really great core work....have a nice day everyone
elena

speaking of pushups

I sneak peeked ahead and it looks as though once we get out of meso 1, we are out of the pushup zone!:) There doesn't seem to be any on the workout cards for the chest work in mesos 2 and 3. This makes me happy. I am not a huge fan of the pushup, and it looks like disc 4 is gonna start out w/ a boatload of them today.

Nan

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I ran 15 miles and today I did Meso 1 – Disc 4 + the med ball segment of Ab Circuits. I really loved this workout (especially the bow and arrow exercise, I could feel the burn!)

You all are doing super! I love coming and reading everyone’s excitement and progress. :D

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.