STS fit chicks Friday Feb 20

pwmatt

Cathlete
I thought Fri would NEVER arrive!!

I'm trying to get in the right mindset for disc 9. You know legs are tough for me. Ok, enough dawdling, here I go.....

TGIF everyone!!!!
Today is disc 6 legs.....my legs are shakin just thinkin about it!!
Phyllis I live in the Clearwater area.
Tracy

Oh, I thought you were in WPB - have no idea why I thought that?

DH was just in Clearwater for Phillies Phantasy Camp, which he loved!

Disc 9 wasn't too bad. There was only 1 set of wall squats and no firewalker or sit and stands. I may not be as sore as predicted!

Is anyone using the tubing for lat pulls. I'm thinking about trying it, but the only door I have to use it on is an accordion type of door and I'm wondering if the attachment will work on that.

Morning Phyllis and Tracy,

I did Disc 9 Legs yesterday and I have DOMs but no where near the last two weeks. Today is cardio for me.

Phyllis, I have the tubing and it should work on your door no problem.

TGIF
Therese

I use tubing for lat pull downs I have to hook it to my front door but I don't feel it like I think I should I can't wait for power tower!!
Tracy

Oh, I thought you were in WPB - have no idea why I thought that?

DH was just in Clearwater for Phillies Phantasy Camp, which he loved!

Disc 9 wasn't too bad. There was only 1 set of wall squats and no firewalker or sit and stands. I may not be as sore as predicted!

Is anyone using the tubing for lat pulls. I'm thinking about trying it, but the only door I have to use it on is an accordion type of door and I'm wondering if the attachment will work on that.

Does he feel about phantasy camp like we feel about the cathe roadtrip??? Glad there are no sit and stands I hate those...but I love firewalkers!!!!
Tracy

TGIF!!

Today is Disc 9 for me as well, and pilates abs. I like firewalkers, so I will be missing those. WILL NOT be missing the 1 legged sit and stands. Generally known as sit, wobble up, and plop down with a thud:eek: Need to work on those! I was painfully sore for days with Disc 3, comfortably sore for about 2 days with Disc 6, so here's hoping #9 will be more line w/ 6 than 3. I'll also be cake baking and party prepping this afternoon, but today is my early Friday at work. Yay!! We are supposed to be getting quite a bit of snow tonight/tom morn so looks like tomorrow will be ShovelMax.

Nan

Just finished up DISC 9, Legs. I found it super challenging, still. And , yes, I miss the Firewalkers! In fact, I miss the Band work in this one. the add on leg raises were KILLER with 5 lb weights for me. I think I may be walking a little funny tomorrow...Can it be Week #3 of walking funny at work on Saturday??? My Co-workers are going to think there's something wrong with me! LOL!!

Good morning everyone, TGIF. Just finished disk 9 legs. I am still having a hard time with lunges:mad:. It was a little better though. Wow those paper plates legs are hard going out and in. I could only go out with one leg at at time. Have a great day everyone:).

I think I may be walking a little funny tomorrow...Can it be Week #3 of walking funny at work on Saturday??? My Co-workers are going to think there's something wrong with me! LOL!!

They're just going to think that your house is an interesting place to be in Friday nights!;););) They may start showing up at your door:p

Nan

Morning Ladies,

Today's wo was D6. I got (and am still getting!!) a great burn! I really loved the bonus kicbacks with the band at the end.;) Tomorrow's wo will be cardio on the cross trainer and weight/plate abs.

Tracy - I have been sitting for about two hours now...I'm scared to get up 'cuz I know there will be some pain there!!

Happy Friday:p:D!!

HI Everyone,
I just finished disc 8 and feel great. For some reason this workout was challenging but not overwhelming to me. I think I am finally getting the hang of getting my weights ready in the short rest periods. I have been using the pace weights with my dumbbells and I initiailly felt really rushed trying to micro-load my weights. Of course by the end of the workout my room looks like a trash bin- weights and plates scattered around, step pushed here and there to make room for my barbell exercises, chair out for assisted pullups on my tower. I usually have to get a hot bath and take some ibuprofen before I can even consider going back in there and putting everything away!!
By the way, I taught an advanced step + abs earlier today and my class is freaking out over some of the platework abs I have recently been slipping in. They look at me with disbelief when I explain and show them some of the moves . With encouragement, the entire class was able to do the straight leg pull ins and a few very hardy souls were able to do the 45 degree slides. I have a great group of very hardcore people who I know are capable of these moves plus I am able to sneak in most of the STS abs workout so I don't have to do it at home!!
Brenda in Indiana

Does he feel about phantasy camp like we feel about the cathe roadtrip??? !
Tracy

Tracy, that is EXACTLY how he feels. I was so glad he got to do something like that. I guess, since he is a guy, there wasn't much talk of male bonding, but I get the feeling that it happened. :)

Finished Disc 9. Those slide back paper plate lunges really get to me. The last 4 or so are very hard to get up out of. I asked DH "who the heck put my floor so low to the ground?" Oof!!! Lots of dead lifts in this one. My hamstrings are gonna be talking to me tomorrow. I liked the floor work at the end, too. The "gum on your shoe" move was burnin' like bonfire. Yowza! I am off to relax the rest of the night away. I have to work in the morning, rush (safely) home, do ShovelMax, and then await birthday party guests. All in a 2 hour time frame, which wouldn't be bad, if I didn't work 45 mins from home, and who knows how long w/ the snow. But, its Saturday, so the traffic should be little to none.

Happy evening to all,
Nan

They're just going to think that your house is an interesting place to be in Friday nights!;););) They may start showing up at your door:p

Nan

OH yes! My wild Friday nights!!! LOL!!

Be safe in the snow tomorrow and enjoy the party (are you the one with the Oreo cake??? Oh.. I would love a piece of that baby!!!)

OH yes! My wild Friday nights!!! LOL!!

Be safe in the snow tomorrow and enjoy the party (are you the one with the Oreo cake??? Oh.. I would love a piece of that baby!!!)

Yeah, I'm the Oreo cake. I will say the sample cake crumbs, filing and frosting have been tasty!! And, I only ate the chopped up Oreos, so that doesn't count as a cookie!:p

Tonight was disc 9 for me, and I am wiped out right now. I think tomorrow may have to be a rest day, I'll see how I feel in the morning. I did not do the extra bonus work tonight, when Cathe said something about being complete with week 3, I let out a little wahoo! and moved on to the extended stretch. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.