STS Fit Chicks Feb 26 Thurs

cb1924

Cathlete
OMG!!! I can't walk today. Every part of my lower body hurts sooooo bad. I did disc 9 yesterday. Our internet went down tues night so I couldn't print my workout card with my weights so I estimated (high). I was able to do most reps so I thought I did a good job. This was also the first time I was able the get down low enough with the sliders. Low enough to put down the weight. I was also able to get low enough with the wall squats. I am getting better at those:eek:! I did find this was the first workout I had to pause to catch my breath. My heart was pounding so fast. Then I was wondering if I could squat with 25lb DB's and wear the vest. I was so proud I could do it. I think I really pushed myself hard, which is good, but I can't walk today, which is bad:(.

Well have a good day.
chrissy

Oh, Chrissy, i feel for you. Are you taking a rest day today? Maybe a nice hot soak in the tub?

I have back and tri doms and I am taking a rest day.

phyllis- I was going to try and do some light cardio. Maybe it will loosen my legs up. Yeah right!!:(
Last night after my class, I guess I was walking down the stairs funny because one of the guys in my class asked me why I was walking like I was pregnant!! So embarrassing:eek:!

the tub thing sounds good, maybe with a nice glass of wine too!!

Morning ladies!

Chrissy, I also had walking issues after Disc 9. Not as bad as #3, but it was there. I find that a long, medium paced walk and some good stretches help work it out. The first couple blocks of the walk normally aren't that comfortable, but then things loosen up and shake out a bit and it is much better. I think Disc 9 took about 3 days for my legs to get normal again. #3 was more around 5 days.

I did Stability Ball abs last night along w/ Disc 11. The SB abs were much better this time around. I managed all the moves except the 1 legged pikes. I even got those side roll in things where you kick out one leg. I only did about 4 kicking my leg out, but I didn't fall off the ball! Those were tough. Much improvement over last time. My favorite part was in the middle when you just get to lay over the ball and rest a minute. Ah! I could stay there forever.

Today is cardio day, not sure what. I need to go put on some workout clothes and sort thru the DVDs. Not sure what I'm in the mood for, but I need to get movin'

Nan

Cardio is done! As I mentioned the other day trying to learn ASC2 in the early hours is not going to work. I put it in, watched her preview of the complicated moves, decided it wasn't so bad and to give it a try. She lost me in the warm up!!! I got about 4 step touches in and then Amy went all over the place and I was lost. Hit stop, took it out and put it away. Def need to try this in the afternoon. So I stuck in Step Heat. Not real exciting step in that one, but it gets the job done. Plus I haven't done it in a while. The 1st big long combo is a little dull, but it works. The 2nd combo is a lot more fun, but short. Reminds me more of newer Cathe. Well, I am off to shower and to see if I can sneak a dog walk in before work and before the rain comes in.

Happy day to all,
Nan

Morning Nan, Chrissy, Phyllis

Well got home last night from traveling and did disc 10. Feeling my shoulders today. I have to say that I have definitely improved on the push-ups...did more straight leg than ever before.... I still have a hard time with the barbell overhead and the 21 doing them just was a huge struggle for me....better than day one but still a struggle.

Doing Disc 12 today to give my arms a break. I do REALLY love the leg work outs in STS and looking forward to this tonight.

Chrissy - laughed out loud about the pregancy walk :p

Nan - I still have a hard time on the ball going sideways with the leg kick out....high 5 to you. ;)

Phyllis - Enjoy that rest day.:)

Therese

Good morning ladies! Well, DH and I made it through Disc 10 last night! WOW. My shoulders are screaming this morning (in a good way). Tonight is IMAX 3 and Med Ball Abs. I have to say the medicine ball abs are great.

I don't know what we have planned for our "Active Recovery Week" which is next week. I will definitely be doing SOMETHING. I will probably pull out the step tapes because I love them so much.

Good afternoon!

Today was disc 12 and the end of Meso 1! I am taking measurements on Saturday, but this morning, the scale showed a drop, and I think in the mirror I see a difference in well, my overall circumference :p

I might go to kickboxing tonight or do a cardio dvd too, and finish the week out with kickboxing.

My recovery week, well over half of it will be spent sitting on my a$$ playing poker, and the other couple of days, I'll go to kickboxing, and I'm going to bring my laptop and some dvds to the hotel, hopefully I can clear enough space to workout, I'm not sure how big the room is. They have a gym, but I'm not a big fan of cardio machines, and since I'm not doing weights, it seems like a waste of $10.

Oh, and disc 9 really got me in the inner thighs, definitely a by product of those sliding plate exercises.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Hey guys!

I did IMAX 3 this morning, plus Abs Circuit: Medicine Ball Abs (without partner).

IMAX 3 was NUTS :eek: I have to say, though, I love the intervals with jumping ON to the step and off!!

Chrissy, you are too funny with the pregnancy walk! I get the "moan-like-an-old-lady when I bend over" walk at work EVERY weekend after the leg discs! So I know what you mean!

therese, you must have RAN inside to do the STS when you got home from your trip! LOL!

I'm really debating on what to do next week. I do have some new tracey staehle workouts to learn, so I'll probably work on those . And some stretching. I have some light cardio workouts too. Or maybe some shorter premixes of Cathe's.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.