STS Fit chicks Check in Tues Feb 10

pwmatt

Cathlete
Yea, I have chest doms! I guess I did something right! I also am feeling the love form the med ball abs.

Today is cardio - IM1.

Brenda, I might have seen a slight increase in my appetite. I'm not counting the chocolate kisses that i ate last night. ;)

Morning Ladies,

Hi Phyllis!

Today is Disc 8 for me...never got to my cardio last night because my car broke down on the way home last night :mad:. Will try to add some in today if I have time.

Hopefully my mechanic does not find to much wrong LoL....

Have a good day!

Therese

Breaking down in my car is a major feear of mine. Do you hae AAA, Therese?

I have this worry that my lower half will be sore every week. It should be over just in time for this weeks legs! ;)

Yes, since I travel so much with my job (sales on the road) AAA is a MUST!!!

I feel so helpless when my car breaks down....because I know NOTHING about cars. :(

I hear you about the legs.

Therese

Hi Everyone!

My plan today is IMAX too, Phyllis! Did you end up doing your 1RM's over? Cool that you've got some good DOMS. My biceps are already talking to me this morning, and I'm expecting more, since I did my workout late afternoon yesterday.

Therese, sorry about your car. that just plain sucks! Hope things go better today for you...

Did you guys read Cathe's STS Forum post on Disc 1? She is so funny! I love it!

Gearing up to head downstairs for IMAX!!!...:eek:

Good morning fit chicks:) I just got finish with Imax. I had to modify at the end. I was just wipe out. I do have some DOMS from disk 7. I also pulled a muscle in my neck:mad: I think it was when I did the med. ball abs when you go up to touch your foot with it, ouch.

Therese sorry you broke down. Glad you made it home though.

Chris I went over and read Cathe's check in. It just so funny to see her check in with us. I am so glad she is doing this with us.

Phyllis have fun with Imax:)

Good morning all!
I just finished plyo. I'm whooped! I went heavier with weights this time. I hope I won't regret it for Friday's leg day:eek:
I see everyone is doing Imax1. I have Imax 2. I'm still trying to get the hang of Cathe's step routines. They frustrate me. I just ordered her Cardio Classics. I'm hoping to get the hang of her style with some of her earlier work.

Reading Cathe's checkin put a smile on my face. She is just so cute! You just can't help yourself from loving her.:D

Phyliss, happy for your chest doms:)
Therese, sorry about your car.:(

Some interesting BodyBugg info. I'm learning when I sit on my computer half the day, I burn around a total of 2000 calories with one hour workout. That's pretty scary.:eek::eek:
For two days, I've been keeping myself moving. Taking extra steps when I can. I've kicked up my calorie burn to 2600 by staying off the computer!!
OMG, the computer is evil:mad: I'm had no idea really.:eek:

I was supposed to do chest, biceps and shoulders, but my shoulder is bothering me. I don't remember doing anything to it.:( So I opted to do legs today. I was with my trainer so I didn't do an STS workout. Hopefully I can get it chest either tomorrow or thursday. I haven't done chest since last Sunday. I am having a hard time with my rotation since I am working with a trainer, too. She wants to alternate the body parts she does, so I am getting confused!!!:confused:

Cynthia- Are you tall? 2000 calories seems good to me, but I am only 5ft tall. Is the body bugg as good as you thought so far? Is it worth the money?

chrissy

Hi Everyone!

Today I did Cardio Coach #8 on the cross-trainer (I love Sean O'Malley!!). Burned 553 calories in 55 mins and completed 7.33 miles. It was fun and I had no knee pain which was the best part of all!! I also did No Equipment Abs and it was pretty good although it seemed short. Tomorrow will be D6, Back and Triceps...can't wait! I also have chest and shoulder DOMs from yesterday's D4 workout.

Phyllis - I haven't tried Medicine Ball abs yet. I am hoping to do that on Thursday or Saturday.

Cynthia - I love reading all of your bodybugg commentary. It's like having a private reviewer!

Have a great evening ladies!

Chrissy,

I'm 5'5" my basal metabolism is 1350. That's the number of calories I burn just by breathing. 2000 is not great for working out an hour every day. :eek: I realized that I'm sitting too much!
Over the weekend, laying around, sitting on the computer I took about 6000 steps and barely burned 2000(keep in mind I'm 46 so my numbers will be low).
Sunday, Monday, I started walking more and ending up getting my daily steps to over 10,000. My calorie burn yesterday was 2600.
I'm trying to lose weight and want to create a 1000 calorie a day deficit with exercise and diet. I can't do that if I'm only burning a total of 2000. I don't want to eat 1000 calories, so I have to create the difference with more movement. I hope this makes sense.

I'm very happy with this little device:D The first week the band on my arm was itchy, but now it doesn't bother me. I'm been keeping a close eye on my numbers and I would say it's very accurate. This morning I woke up, checked the steps taken and it counted 32 after I got up to go to the bathroom. I also believe the calorie burn is correct. It's not giving me crazy numbers after a workout like workout machines do.

It's motivating me to move more and I'm completely conscience of what I'm eating and burning. Second to STS, this is my best fitness purchase this year!

Hello all,
I did disc 7 today and I was muttering all kinds of motivational talk to get me through the last set of pushups. I had to take a break after the Elmo pushups.... I was laughing so hysterically at my form I couldn't compose myself. My stability ball is probably about 80% full, I have had it for 7+ years and really don't remember adding air since I got it. I didn't have time to pump it up before the workout so I decided to forge ahead knowing it would be "interesting". Well when I got to the elmo pushups I couldn't get a good stable grip for the life of me. My ego was quite bruised because I am a Pilates reformer addict and I do have great core stability, but there was no way I was staying up on that ball in that position!!
I had exactly 7 minutes after I finished my workout to go 5 blocks to teach a ball class at the local community center. The class scheduled in front of mine ran over so I grabbed a ball and was able to do the Elmo pushups on a properly filled stability ball. My self esteem soared!!! I even said (Yelled) out loud YES I CAN DO THIS.... only to turn around and see a couple of my participants looking at me with a look in their eyes that said " There she goes doing that crazy #$@&!!" again" One of them asked if that exercise was going to be in the class and I replied "Next week"... they had a look of panic in their eyes to which I quickly stated "KIDDING" ... much to their relief.
Moral of the story, I think Catheites are an awesome group of strong individuals that like to push ourselves beyond the norm. I am thankful for Cathe and SNM for their products that have pushed (whipped) me into the best shape of my 49 year old life.

Brenda in Indiana

Good evening! Today was cardio, I went to kickboxing, tough class tonight. I'm exhausted. I might do some cardio tomorrow in the morning, then Disc 8 after work.

I was reading Cathe's check in, her post is so cute, I love how she can critique herself as if it's not her in that DVD.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.