STS - Fit Chicks 4/28

looking good

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Well I did Disc 31 last night :eek: WOW...sums it ups! Hubby was nice enough to spot for me because there was no way I could get that barbell in place without him. I was really feeling it towards the end on the incline bench press....the last 2 sets I could only do 5 reps because my arms just gave out :confused:. Definitely need that rest in between and I drank ALOT of water in between.

Today will be some sort of cardio but will decide on that later.

How did the rest of you do on this one?

Therese

Morning!

Therese - WOW!!! is right. That was hard last night. I never thought I would be able to go that heavy. I managed all the reps but a couple of the bench presses were a little wobbly, and I had to slow the count on the horizontal rows at the end. I was workin' hard the whole time on that one.

Today was the DM double cardio death mix, and STS no equip abs. Last night when I was trying to figure out today's cardio, I decided that seemed like a good idea. Not sure why:p I was trying to remember what all the drills were, and couldn't come up with the lateral skates (easiest for me) and the hop, bop, and skip across the room (hard). I think had I remembered the hop, bop, and skip, I would have picked something else. I finished with flying colors, though. A sweaty heap of a girl, but done and feelin' good!

Nan

Hey Nan,

DM double cardio that is a hard one....hmm maybe you have inspired me to pick up that one tonight....I let you know tomorrow whether I did it or whimp out :p. I do like that one though because for me its like a took a shower with my workout clothes on when I am done :D.

Therese

Good morning chickies! Well DH and I missed our workout last night.

GM announced that it would be closing MANY dealerships in the next year, so neither of us could concentrate on a workout. Maybe I am feeling sorry for DH but it is so sad that someone who is well trained, motivated and has done everything right to fulfill GM's stringent mechanic standards at the dealerships has the possibility of losing a job based on GM's struggle fulfilling UAW commitments. UGH!

You know, we have done everything right and still we are punished. We are spend thrift, do not have any debt but the house, and don't seek unneeded charity. The frustration is growing but the positive of all of this is that we love each other more every day, we can still survive on my salary, and we haven't had to extend our hand out which is a boost for our pride. We are also healthy and have a great outlet for our stress with Cathe. I am sure our workout tonight will be a good one! :)

So sorry if this post comes off as whiny...I know that you gals have been a great sense of motivation for DH and I. :)

Melissa,

(((Hugs))) you do not come off whiny at ALL!!! Hang tight and keep that positive attitude hopefully it will not be the dealership where hubby is. Will say a prayer not so.

Therese

Thanks Therese! You are so nice! I accept the hugs and return one to you and anybody else who needs one! I am sure that we are not the only Cathletes who are falling on rough patches! :)

Melissa,
I'm sorry to hear that about DH. Big time stress, huh? Sending some hugs {{{HUGS}}} to you and a big poo-poo to GM.

Nan

Thanks Nan. Yes, it has been a stressor but I am trying to see the positive things right now. The biggest plus...we will never starve nor will the furry babies. :) And yes, GM can kiss my bootie along with UAW. UGH!

Melissa,
I too am so sorry to hear about your situation. It is totally aggravating to see a career go away because the auto companies couldn't come to reasonable agreements with unions long ago. The positive take on all this is you seem like very self sufficient, self-starting people which makes it much easier to switch careers. I know how frightening these times are for so many people and I know how hard it is to switch careers (my hubby did at at age 40) I am sending positive thoughts and affirmations your way.
On a lighter note, Disc 31 was hard. I really didn't think I was going to make those last couple of reps on the incline bench press. My DH had left for work when I started the workout so I had no spotter available and I was seriously wobbling after the 4th repetition. I just took deep breaths and exhaled REALLY LOUDLY on the exertion and managed to get that barbell up. Funny thing is, I had absolutely no muscle soreness, delayed or otherwise. I would charactorize what I felt is muscle awareness.... I could tell I had worked the chest, but it really wasn't sore. Who knows, I may have experienced DOMS but it was nothing like the absolute soreness from meso 2. I think my DOMS tolerance threshold has been raised!!
Tonight is some kind of cardio workout, I think I may make my aerobic class at the community center an interval one like Drill Max, it will depend on who shows up. Have a great evening everyone.

Brenda in Indiana

I could not have said it better Brenda! Thanks! I have Disc 31 on tap for tomorrow and I think my DOMS sound like yours! :) Not complaining!

Hey Girls...

Checking in with a Run at the park today, w/intervals up and down the stairs and one hill. It was hot (it's exceptionally hot here in new england), so I felt hot and thirsty faster than usual. I came home and did Weights & Plates Abs.. Which I think I should do more often, because it was like the first time I ever did it... HARD HARD time with the Plate work.

I have very vague DOMS from Disc 31 too. And I lifted heavy! Weird. I had MAJOR DOMS from Disc 30.

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's job. It totally sucks and is so unfair. (((hugs))). You sound like you'll be ok though. but doesn't make it any easier.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.